Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see that as odd at all. School is out, parents go to bed early because of getting up early for work , kids stay up later playing games, and such. Maybe, the a/c keeps the livingroom cooler. My daughter always wanted to sleep as close as she could to me, and made the pallet on the floor her bed lots of times.

FlowerChild, your post had me on the edge of my seat. Very accurate statements in your post.All facts, and written like a PRO. I give you 5 stars for your enlighening posts!!

Witnesses that are known to the locals (may not be ALL the witnesses, but these are the ones who are known to the locals to be witnesses)
3 people heard the shots
1 saw the girls walking very close to where they were shot (and possibly also the POI, witness and OSBI are evasive on that detail)
2 saw the POI (and one may have gotten a good close look at him)

Here's something important! Everyone assumes the POI was seen only on County Line Rd (the road the girls were found on) near where the bodies were, at or after the time of the murders - and LE and the OSBI have encouraged that assumption. BUT that may not be entirely true. It may be that the POI was seen before the shootings on a cross-road to County Line Road AND on County Line Road "near" where the girls were shot. So it is possible that the POI was seen before the shots were heard on another road, then was seen minutes before the shots were heard (at the time the girls were seen walking home) and then after the shots were heard near (or at) the location where the girls were found. If he did not kill the girls, there is no doubt he would have seen who DID kill them. Witnesses put him in the vicinity before and after the shots were fired and since then no-one has seen him.

This lends credence to an early theory that IF the POI was the shooter, he was watching the girls (and/or the Placker House) from somewhere else before he drove up or walked up and shot them. And THAT scenario means that the murders were planned at least several minutes before they happened - what we don't know is if the POI was after the girls specifically or was looking to shoot anyone from the Placker house, or was just looking for someone random to kill?

Creech IS NOT a suspect and has been cleared, Patterson remains on the list of possibles and has not been 100% cleared yet - evidently he does live alone and has no alibi for the time of the murders. He has been questioned, taken a poly and they have his DNA to match to any they MIGHT recover from the scene or the girls bodies. Patterson could have walked to the scene, shot the girls and walked back home thru the woods - nobody would have seen him (except maybe the POI?)

The girls were not sexually assaulted and there were no signs of physical abuse or sexual abuse reported by the ME. The parents of both girls (GPa and GMa in Taylor's case) have been questioned several times and are not suspects. The questioning of the families is ongoing but it is to gather information that might lead to potential suspects.

The POI remains the only person seen in the area that was not known to anyone and who was acting in a suspicious manner.

And that's what I have from my Contact for everyone this evening.
Again,nothing official, just info from a local person who wants the human garbage who did this removed from the streets for good.

My Opinion

I am quoting my own post here (#40 on this thread) and highlighting the infor about WHERE the POI was seen by witnesses. At least one and maybe two witnesses report that the POI was on the road North of Bad Creek, NOT on County Line Rd (the road the girls were killed on). Mr Chancey lives down there.

My Opinion

Jerry Pattersons wife was Pamela. He befriended her in the mental instituion where he was sent for evaluation. She, herself suffered from mental illness, and while hospitalized they fell in love and married. From that union came two daughters, I should remember their names, but unfortunately I don't. Patterson, was not married to Claudia.

Jerry Pattersons wife was Pamela. He befriended her in the mental instituion where he was sent for evaluation. She, herself suffered from mental illness, and while hospitalized they fell in love and married. From that union came two daughters, I should remember their names, but unfortunately I don't. Patterson, was not married to Claudia.

Thank you, LifeSaver. Just a random coincidence...and another sad little story about a dysfunctional family.

Thanks LifeSaver! I didn't have the wife's name. The woman who took out the (now permanent) Restraining Order in 1996 was Carolyn L Bowman. Assume she was either a GF or a wife??

My Opinion

Lord forgive me for pointing fingers, God knows I shouldn't judge. but I have leaned towards Patterson since day one. He was the first and only monster "in that area", that popped in my mind.

Lord forgive me for pointing fingers, God knows I shouldn't judge. but I have leaned towards Patterson since day one. He was the first and only monster "in that area", that popped in my mind.
According to my research (I did an aerial map overlay) he lives about a half mile from the murder scene (his driveway is about 1/4 mile South of the Placker home) and since his house is so far West of County Line RD (about 1/4 mile) he would have had almost a straight walk to the Crime Scene - going at an angle and behind the Placker's House. He could have come out of the woods - shot the girls and walked back home without ANYBODY seeing him from the road.

Maybe the girls made a lot of noise or were playing or doing stuff on the back side of the Placker Property and they made him upset? Didn't Taylor have a horse? Was the horse kept back in the back of the Placker property adjacent to the Patterson property? That would have put Taylor back near his house frequently - maybe daily. Maybe he is paranoid and he thought Taylor or the Plackers were spying on him? Maybe he didn't like the horse or their dog(s) or something? Who knows what rolls around in the mind of a crazy man? Depends a lot on how delusional he is or if he is on his meds.

My Opinion

FlowerChild

:clap::clap::clap:

What a wealth of information.

You've spent so much time on this, thank you.

You are a top notch Websleuther!

fran

Yes, FlowerChild absolutely deserves the rank of "Top Notch Websleuther' on this particular case!! Some might consider it a bit long "I didn't", but it was a pleasure to read her words.

The DNA in this case puzzles me.

If you have two people gunned down and they weren't moved after they were shot, why would there be any important DNA?

These are the options I can think of:

* This was an attempted abduction and the girls were handled before they were shot? Something happened before the shooting that provided the DNA on the girls.

* The attack consisted of more than just shooting them. Not sexual but some other kind of physical attack we haven't been told about.

* The DNA came from the shell casings or something else at the crime scene, not the girls.

* The DNA angle is just a hope and a prayer. Maybe somebody will think they really have something and panic.

Thank you FC, and I don't mind the long posts at all, because they are filled with information.

Thanks Guys :blowkiss:

Guess it's the 1st case where I am familiar with the area, and the lifestyle - since most of my life was spent in OK (or nearby). Since I have family all over Oklahoma, this time I can actually find contacts and DO something. Plus it's personal to me. These are Oklahoma Girls! I am an Oklahoma Girl! Girls Taylor and Skyla's age in Oklahoma should be famous for Barrel Racing, not for being gunned down within sight of home. My family was in OK BEFORE the Land Run, I was a state Senate Page, my roots in the Oklahoma soil run deep and wide. I want people to know the BEST of Oklahoma, not just the bad things like the Bombing and the tornados and senseless murders of children. Its a beautiful place and I am proud to be an "Okie" - and will be really proud when Okies hunt the killer(s) of these sweet angels to ground.

My Aunt survived the OKC Bombing - I had family who survived in the path of the monster OKC tornado (the infamous F5). I remember the Girl Scout Murders and am connected to them in a serendipitous way. I have family living in places very much like Weleetka ...and this just shouldn't happen - I want to know who and WHY! Most of all I want the rest of the killer(s) lives to be spent on some very special Oklahoma Soil - the soil under DEATH ROW IN McAlester!

My Opinion

Albert18, I've thought it was a possibility that the perp grabbed them by the hair, pulled their heads up, and shot them in the head. Maybe they had DNA on their hair? I don't know. That's just one possibility.

Flower Child, your post had me riveted to my seat .... I'm in awe of what you've uncovered.

If you want this case solved FlowerChild, I think you are going to have to light some fires.

I have now upped this case to four odds.

1. Odd murders.
2. Odd investigation.
3. Odd families.
4. Odd locals.

I live a long ways from Weleetka so I realize it is difficult to get an accurate picture of what is going on, especially since Weleetka doesn't have any local media, but my impression is that the local reaction is what I would expect if the girls had been killed in an automobile accident. When somebody guns down two of your children on a Sunday afternoon, they are throwing down a gauntlet. Why do I see moping, but no fight. Even Skyla's dad, a lot of moping around but no fight, no defiance. I don't understand that. I really don't understand that.

These people aren't Harvard grads but they should be as tough as nails. Why don't I see any evidence of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa