Walk a mile in Kaine's shoes...

well as for me, when it comes to my son all bets are off. Rationality gets put aside and mean, snide, not so nice burbqueen would come forth. If i suspected my husband in my childs disappearance they would have to lock me up in a padded cell and there wouldnt be a bus big enough for me to put my husband under.

Kaine says he was unaware that there was anything wrong. (dancing shoes)

Kaine says that his wife was talking to everyone else but him about what was wrong. (dress shoes)

Kaine says that they had their problems but they were working them out. (sneakers)

Which pair of shoes should someone attempt to put on?

Running shoes. The ones you lace up when your instincts tell you the situation is too dangerous to hang around, and the better alternative is to get the hell out of dodge.

Kaine says that his wife was talking to everyone else but him about what was wrong. (dress shoes)

Kaine says that they had their problems but they were working them out. (sneakers)

I think most of us have more than one pair of shoes. Life is complicated. I venture to guess you would get many different answers if you asked those around me about the state of my marriage.

By the grace of God alone I can pretend to put on Kaine's shoes, and I am not asked to walk in them forever. After a moment, I can return those shoes to this thread.

We are looking at the unbelievable, a child who has seemingly disappeared. For those who have a hard time believing Kaine was unaware of the goings on inside his home turn on the LifeTime channel, ID, Dateline, Discovery, Bio, I could go, but why? We are fragile beings in the face of love and we have all at one time or another made poor choices, perhaps not to this extent but by the grace of God...

He and Desiree and all those who know and love Kyron have had much to deal with. While we look for answers, they weep with open wounds. To question their actions at this time seems unusually cruel and callous. If Kaine did not enroll Kyron, prepare his backpack and register him for soccer it would appear that he was resigned to a fate none of us could imagine.

He has hope, his hope is alive and so is mine. There is no expiration on prayers or hope. He and Desiree have maintained much dignity and restraint during this impossible time. I honor that.

Instantly plucked and thrust into the world wide media under the most horrific of circumstances, IMHO, these people are holding up amazingly well. They have allowed us and media to pry beyond bounds any of us can even comprehend, all in the name of Kyron.

For me, that says it all.

Where are you angel?

PS StMary, your compassion and search for truth amazes and humbles me. Thank you.

We could probably all use some hip waders as we wend our way through the myriad of details in this case that may or may not be relevant to Kyron's disappearance. jmo

I think if I had been in his shoes and could think clearly enough after the LE told me about the MFH . I think I would have got a babysitter for the baby and taken TH to some secluded cabin somewhere and not leave it till I got the truth one way or the other. I don't think she was so dangerous to him that he needed to get out of the house before talking to her but I can see him leaving if he was afraid for the baby (even though I doubt she would have hurt her IMO)

I think if I had been in his shoes and could think clearly enough after the LE told me about the MFH . I think I would have got a babysitter for the baby and taken TH to some secluded cabin somewhere and not leave it till I got the truth one way or the other. I don't think she was so dangerous to him that he needed to get out of the house before talking to her but I can see him leaving if he was afraid for the baby (even though I doubt she would have hurt her IMO)

Maybe he was afraid of what he might do to her. Would of done him, his son or his daughter no good to be in jail for assault and battery.

What good would it do Kyron for his father to be arrested for kidnapping / false imprisonment / assault ?

Hey, we're both night owls!
Well, listen, one can try to take apart one aspect of any point or argument made to try to deconstruct that point or argument. But that does not mean the point or argument is not valid. The people I mentioned above had plenty of victims who are still alive (the family of the person killed). They were all fooled as well.
There are tons of stories out there of people who talk about learning their spouse had lead a double life, was married to another person in a different state at the same time and the spouse had no clue, etc.
There are also plenty of women criminals who hide their true natures fairly well. Everyone thought Susan Smith was an excellent mother. Most people interviewed said the same about casey anthony. She was a great mom, loved her kid, never hit, very attentive. The fact is, some of these criminals have personality disorders that allow them to manipulate those around them to make everyone think they are normal and good. Some of them actually were normal and good and just snapped all of a sudden due to psychological issues.
But I do think there are usually signs. I think even the most polished sociopath gives off signals to others that there is something not quite right.
Yet, some people are not good at reading those signals, or ignore them, not trusting their own judgment, or they're in denial out of desperation to make the relationship work. This is true with women who feel they must be married to be normal, for example, or people who already have one failed marriage behind their belts and can't face another. This could also be the case with people who are very busy and stressed or people who aren't very in touch with emotions to begin with.
Finally, we don't know that TH has gone all these years without serious red flags. It appears there were some signs, though. Like treatment for some mental issues after Baby K was born, changes in personality, appearance, etc. It is often only in hindsight that people see what they didn't before. I bet Kyron's parents are seeing a lot of things they never considered prior to this tragedy.

LOL, kid in bed time is my time. :)

I guess that's the problem I'm having, is I just don't know of any other cases where we have a mature, married murderer and the spouse is still alive to tell the tale, so I just don't have any frame of reference.

We have too many variables, and not enough data at this point.

I'm someone who tends to sit on the fence until I have enough data to solve for x. :)

I would make a terrible juror. :)

Kyron_Horman_062510_007_2_540x405_370x278.jpg

I think it's reasonable that when one person in a marriage has been wronged this badly they should have the right to demand answers for there partners actions. That's all I'm saying is I feel he should get answers to all the suspicious happenings.I'm not saying do something to end up in jail but at least try to talk it out of her instead of taking off and getting a RO imo and,btw no kidnapping they were still together till the point of the MFH as far as I know. ..secluded cabin for seclusion away from reporters etc. And only force would be forced conversation ..I don't think that is to much to ask in this case.

People can't have it both ways - that Kaine should have "seen the warning signs" but at the same time he shouldn't have left with his daughter when all the signs were shown to him.

Obviously he wanted to "work it out" when he still trusted his wife, but once he knew the truth he didn't trust her anymore.

As soon as he realized the truth, he got the heck away from TH.

He is obviously not the first man on earth who was deceived by his wife.

And then he didn't dance or play around. He filed for divorce. He got a restraining order. He took his daughter and fled.

How is that playing games?

In a MFH plot, he is as much a victim as anyone else in the same situation.

LOL, kid in bed time is my time. :)

I guess that's the problem I'm having, is I just don't know of any other cases where we have a mature, married murderer and the spouse is still alive to tell the tale, so I just don't have any frame of reference.

We have too many variables, and not enough data at this point.

I'm someone who tends to sit on the fence until I have enough data to solve for x. :)

I would make a terrible juror. :)

But I assume that Kaine knows more than we know, and he acted accordingly.

And there are plenty of cases around where spouses are "almost killed" or "almost poisoned." But many of those cases end in tragedy when people don't heed the warning signs.

In the Stacy Peterson case in Chicago, she told both a friend and her pastor that she thought her husband was trying to kill her because he shot at her through the floor once and called it an accident! She also told her pastor that she suspected he had killed the wife before her. But she stayed with him long enough to get killed herself and she hasn't been found.

I think Kaine is lucky to still be alive and he probably knows it. He had enough data to realize his wife was deceiving him and doing things behind his back. What we think about that is really irrelevant.

I think it's reasonable that when one person in a marriage has been wronged this badly they should have the right to demand answers for there partners actions. That's all I'm saying is I feel he should get answers to all the suspicious happenings.I'm not saying do something to end up in jail but at least try to talk it out of her instead of taking off and getting a RO imo and btw no kidnapping ..secluded cabin for seclusion away from reporters etc. And only force would be forced conversation ..I don't think that is to much to ask in this case.

If LE told me that someone had been trying to pull off a murder for hire of me, I would NOT suggest they meet me at a secluded cabin in the woods!

If LE told me that someone had been trying to pull off a murder for hire of me, I would NOT suggest they meet me at a secluded cabin in the woods!

Me either. A very public park bench including me being wired by LE comes to mind. LOL

For all we know, Kaine was shown the LE interview of the LS discussing the MFH plot and was informed that the LS passed a poly. Pure speculation on my part.

Regardless, if my child were missing and all I had was LE telling me my spouse tried to put a hit on me, I'd take great strides to protect myself and my child until things could be sorted out further.

Kyron looks so much like my youngest son did at that age in this picture. And we've NEVER seen Kaine smile like that - how could he now? Will he ever smile like that again?

After knowing Kathy, grandmother of Adrianna Wix, I know the answer to my question and it makes me cry.

Where is Kyron?

I think it's reasonable that when one person in a marriage has been wronged this badly they should have the right to demand answers for there partners actions. That's all I'm saying is I feel he should get answers to all the suspicious happenings.I'm not saying do something to end up in jail but at least try to talk it out of her instead of taking off and getting a RO imo and,btw no kidnapping they were still together till the point of the MFH as far as I know. ..secluded cabin for seclusion away from reporters etc. And only force would be forced conversation ..I don't think that is to much to ask in this case.
With all due respect, I think that's quite a lot to ask of a person who was slammed against a steel girder by the disappearance of his 7 year-old son, then rolled over by a freight train when he learned that the spouse he entrusted with his child's care might not only be responsible for hurting the child but likely plotted to kill the man himself. How in the world could such a person be expected to remain rash and open minded? If LE recommended that he take the baby and leave quickly, it's precisely because they knew the hazard of leaving him sitting on a powder keg they created when they brought him the news of the MFH plot. Whether the decision to make a hasty exit was made on his own or he was just heeding LE's advice, I applaud him for exercising the restraint to do so.

We have different shoes for different situations and different answers in different contexts. I think it might be a frame of reference thing, eg. what kind of severity is considered "a problem" in different conversations and whether we're talking about knowledge before or after the fact.

So if I get asked about my husband's plans to murder me or our children, I'll be horrified, put on the dancing shoes to waltz away as fast as I can waltz and shout over my shoulder, "No, we have no problems, nothing like that."

But if we walk comfily side by side in sneakers and you ask me about my marriage, what's good and what's bad, I might tell you about the disagreements we have had about money, the children, the chores, sex, and I might call some of those things problems but say that we've been trying to work them out.

Then if you show me your detective badge and the evidence that says my husband is trying to kill me all of my shoes are going to feel really uncomfortable...OMG, I never had any idea, I thought we had some issues but never that kind of HUGE PROBLEMS.

IMO the dress shoes might be one of the reasons to have bought the dance shoes and the sneakers. If Kaine thought like me that they were working through some normal married couple problems and issues, nothing too dramatic, things that will blow over, but Terri had also some huge grievances she didn't discuss with him, only with friends and landscapers, he might have been unaware that there were PROBLEMS in capital letters that were going to end very badly.

This thread is about ROLE PLAYING and helps develop empathy for other people. There's no right or wrong to do this exercise. Just try to get into Kaine's shoes and try to describe what you think you'd be feeling if you were him.

But I assume that Kaine knows more than we know, and he acted accordingly.

And there are plenty of cases around where spouses are "almost killed" or "almost poisoned." But many of those cases end in tragedy when people don't heed the warning signs.

In the Stacy Peterson case in Chicago, she told both a friend and her pastor that she thought her husband was trying to kill her because he shot at her through the floor once and called it an accident! She also told her pastor that she suspected he had killed the wife before her. But she stayed with him long enough to get killed herself and she hasn't been found.

I think Kaine is lucky to still be alive and he probably knows it. He had enough data to realize his wife was deceiving him and doing things behind his back. What we think about that is really irrelevant.

I assume nothing, which is why I wish someone be charged, and this would go to court. Then we'd have some data.

Your point about Stacy Peterson illustrates mine. There was a pattern of behavior with a prior spouse and with Stacy, multiple times. She knew, she just couldn't face what she knew. But she knew, and had made others aware of what she knew.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back