Walk a mile in Kaine's shoes...

imo, i HOPE NO ONE EVER HAS TO WALK IN kAINE'S SHOES!
Just the thoughts of your child missing is enought to go insane over.
Then discovering your wife wants you dead, your marriage is over.
Police and media at your house.
Telling your X wife that your present wife (the woman who broke up HER marriage)
is probably the one responsible for HER son missing..........
Realizing the wife that wants you dead is sexting and having a double life....
Raising a baby girl alone in this mix, '
wondering WHY???? WHY???
Friends telling embarrassing things that happened while you are married to this broad.............missing booze when you left their homes............etc
Nope, I hope he has the strength to deal with it all.

To be clear, I was not referring to WS posters "demonizing" Kaine...I admire so much the standards on this site...but certainly I have read a good deal of this elsewhere. But there is general criticism in many places of Kaine's actions that is puzzling IMO when trying to actually devise any alternative things for him to have done.

IMO,we can't separate Kaine's actions after the MFH revelation from LE...from the fact that he was , at that moment, a father of a missing child and the father of a toddler.

If he felt in any way, that he could no longer trust Terri to be the woman he thought she was, the woman he had been protecting...how could he leave her with Baby K with his other child missing? It's asking a lot to think he could just allow himself to be talked out of believing a Murder plot when essentially already enduring the pain of a missing child.

To try to see Kaine's situation does not mean anyone has to believe Terri quilty of anything. It's just a matter of acknowledging the horrendous circumstances already present when...suddenly, LE tells him his WIFE may have tried to kill him.

Maybe, some of us ALONE might choose to take a chance and stay with a spouse that police said had planned to have us killed...but leave our Baby with that spouse...as our other child is missing? I cannot imagine it.

imopo, there have been some posts (even here on WS) that do seem to "villify" or to overly question very innocent (seeming to me) things that Kaine and/or Desiree do or say.

I think this has been a very interesting thread, but at the same time, it's probably just preaching to the choir.

Although you never know what one thing will effect someone else's thinking. I've been totally one way about other issues before, and hearing and/or realizing something can totally change my thinking around. We are creatures of habit, but I suspect many of us here can be persuaded to think differently about many things given the proper information. (because most if not all of us here, are more interested in the truth than what we believe is the truth.)

To be clear, I was not referring to WS posters "demonizing" Kaine...I admire so much the standards on this site...but certainly I have read a good deal of this elsewhere. But there is general criticism in many places of Kaine's actions that is puzzling IMO when trying to actually devise any alternative things for him to have done.

IMO,we can't separate Kaine's actions after the MFH revelation from LE...from the fact that he was , at that moment, a father of a missing child and the father of a toddler.

If he felt in any way, that he could no longer trust Terri to be the woman he thought she was, the woman he had been protecting...how could he leave her with Baby K with his other child missing? It's asking a lot to think he could just allow himself to be talked out of believing a Murder plot when essentially already enduring the pain of a missing child.

To try to see Kaine's situation does not mean anyone has to believe Terri quilty of anything. It's just a matter of acknowledging the horrendous circumstances already present when...suddenly, LE tells him his WIFE may have tried to kill him.

Maybe, some of us ALONE might choose to take a chance and stay with a spouse that police said had planned to have us killed...but leave our Baby with that spouse...as our other child is missing? I cannot imagine it.
I appreciate what you're saying, and with all due respect, I don't understand how we here can answer for what others say elsewhere. I've read some pretty horrific stuff spewed about all the people involved in this case.

PLEASE if we are going to complain about what people are saying about this case, be SPECIFIC in letting others know we don't mean our own members. It causes confusion and alerts and makes life difficult for moderators. We don't want grumpy moderators. :nono:

I would never want to walk in Kaine's shoes. Ever! The horrific experience of losing your child would be enough to put me under the covers for years. I can't imagine!

Regarding the MFH - According to LE, the MFH plot never got beyond words...that makes it hearsay. Hearsay can be a comment out of context such as a joke, a big wish, or just a plain lie by the gardener. I think people are using it to enhance their theory, I'm not because I don't see Terri as a psychopathic murderer.

LE have a duty to warn - I think the marriage was just about over so he did what felt right - he took baby girl and ran. moo

Regarding bashing Kaine and Desiree - I feel they were given an inordinate amount of air time to reach judgmental America. No other case that I've followed even comes close.

I don't think they've used the air time given to them wisely! I honestly don't!!! I learned nothing about how to bring Kyron home, nothing about Kyron, and a great deal of insignificant stuff about Terri. Who cares how fast she lost weight for a weightlifting contest? Who cares if she used OTC meds? In the scheme of things, this kind of gossip, innuendo does nothing to bring Kyron home.

If people think that's bashing, so be it! I think it's constructive criticism and wonder why it would be construed any other way. Yes, Kaine and Desiree are victims, but that doesn't mean I have to nod my head in unisyn over everything they do. I want justice for Kyron! moo

As a matter of fact, I think we here at WS have been terrific regarding Kaine and Desiree - the mods have been outstanding in not allowing gossip, rumors, and hate. That's why I'm here. moo

All just my opinions and that stuff!

With all due respect to the OP, and clearly this is MOO...... the only shoes I am terribly concerned about at this moment are those belonging to a child - two children, in fact - Kyron and BabyK.

Until this situation runs its course and due process is realized on behalf of ALL parties, only then can we be certain of who truly is a victim.

IMO, if Kaine is a data-driven guy, he should have asked for and received data before leaving and filing for divorce. And, I doubt that he received any data, because if data exists about the MFH, Terri would have been arrested immediately, with no MFH "sting" attempt.

While I think that it's strange that Kaine left without talking to his wife, I will give him a little benefit of the doubt--I think that LE encouraged (and rushed) his leaving so that they could attempt the sting. moo

I think if people knew others as well as they thought that they did, the divorce rate in the US wouldn't be as high as it is. That includes knowing one's own self.

IMO, if Kaine is a data-driven guy, he should have asked for and received data before leaving and filing for divorce. And, I doubt that he received any data, because if data exists about the MFH, Terri would have been arrested immediately, with no MFH "sting" attempt.

While I think that it's strange that Kaine left without talking to his wife, I will give him a little benefit of the doubt--I think that LE encouraged (and rushed) his leaving so that they could attempt the sting. moo

I don't think anyone can be arrested on someone's say so, can they? Otherwise, people could say all kinds of things.

I appreciate what you're saying, and with all due respect, I don't understand how we here can answer for what others say elsewhere. I've read some pretty horrific stuff spewed about all the people involved in this case.

I agree. I will not attempt to answer for posters on other sites, or even posters on this site.

I will only answer for myself.

As far as I'm concerned - if posters on others sites are saying seemingly offensive things, then whomever is offended needs to address the poster in question on whatever other sites the comments are being posted. Or - simply make the choice to ignore them.

I fail to understand why posters here seem to be held responsible for what posters on other sites may or may not be saying.

We are each only responsible for ourselves.

Keep in mind that Kaine didn't just leave; he left to an undisclosed location. When someone is suspected of participating in a failed murder for hire plot, there is a good suspicion that the plotter may have found other avenues to complete the job. Kain had every reason to believe he and BabyK were in grave danger.

I would not talk to my husband if LE told me he had tried to have me killed. Not right then, anyway. What would I say? "Hey, did you try to get someone to kill me?" "NO." "Oh, fine, then. Just wondering." (Backing towards door.)

I have heard of people getting divorced over rolling the toilet paper the wrong way or squeezing toothpaste in the middle instead of the end.

If KH wants to get divorced because TH wants to watch CSI and he hates the show, that's his decision. (imaginary scenario my part)

Seriously, who's business is it that he gets divorced for any reason. He gets to decide his life.

I don't think anyone can be arrested on someone's say so, can they? Otherwise, people could say all kinds of things.

While I understand what you're saying, I'm not following how it pertains to my post? Sorry for any confusion! :)

I would not talk to my husband if LE told me he had tried to have me killed. Not right then, anyway. What would I say? "Hey, did you try to get someone to kill me?" "NO." "Oh, fine, then. Just wondering." (Backing towards door.)

Because I can imagine this scenario in my head (for some reason with Marge and Homer Simpson) I laughed. I know that this is a serious topic-but I laughed at this, seeing it very clearly.

Keep in mind that Kaine didn't just leave; he left to an undisclosed location. When someone is suspected of participating in a failed murder for hire plot, there is a good suspicion that the plotter may have found other avenues to complete the job. Kain had every reason to believe he and BabyK were in grave danger.

It depends on what was said--was it, as I suspect, that the whole MFH idea was one small comment that was blown out of proportion, or was it that Terri offered an amount for this murder to occur at this place, date, and time?

I don't call myself a data-driven person, but I guess I am the sort of person to question accusations before going off half-cocked. I would need more proof and justification than a comment. (But, then, that's how I see this entire case anyways--in severe need of proof!)

ETA:--and there couldn't have been much in the way of "proof", or Terri would have been arrested immediately...moo

This is very interesting indeed....good idea for a thread. I have always tried my best to never say what I would do in a situation if I had not been through said situation myself....but....after seeing so many crime stories and victims and people not "being" who they appeared has kinda made me more suspicious I guess than ever.
I think what the OP is asking us is this and I totally get it and understand it....if your little precious child is missing........gone.....and you are informed your mate wanted you killed and you had another little child.......would you stay? Seriously? I think he was shown enough proof by LE that he got out quickly....I simply cannot believe LE would have stood by and let him make that drastic move if they did not have something concrete......but here is where I butt my head against a wall...why wasn't she charged? Don't know but her following actions of sexting and whatever and then trying to get access to Kaine's address .......that is all just off the wall in the face of a little boy missing and her other little child still here. I think he put Kyron first and I totally agree....TH should take a back seat....his first responsibility is to his children...I don't know except I really think I would have done exactly what he did....if I had to put myself in his shoes......God bless him and Kyron and baby K and everyone else who is suffering in that family especially Desiree. All IMO

I don't understand why Kaine has done what he has done, but then I am not privy to what LE has told him, first about the murder for hire and second, about Kyron's disappearance. A number of parents have become suspects in their child's disappearance or murder, and the spouse stands by the suspected parent, presumably because he or she thinks that suspect is innocent. But in this case, Kaine leaves with the baby and files for divorce immediately. Divorce is not an easy step to contemplate, and especially not being on the run (so to speak) with a baby while another child is missing. So I have to think he was told something convincing and devastating. something that may have made any number of other moments fall into place for him.

I'm not sure I've seen anyone say that Kaine should have stayed with Terri after LE told him of an alleged murder for hire plot or even after finding out she was sex texting the LS guy. There's a few people in the world who wouldn't believe it if told, but most anyone would do just what he did. If I were his Mom I'd be demanding to know what was going on in the marriage and family before Kyron went missing, because there seems to have been big problems. I've scrutinized some things he's said, not due to thinking he's guilty, but because he contradicts Desiree so much. She felt something was wrong, or at least can look back and see it. It irks me that Kryon was sobbing and wanting to live elsewhere and possibly received harsh punishment, and now he's gone. He's the victim and his little life needs to be looked at, which of course I'm sure LE and all those agencies involved have been doing.

It depends on what was said--was it, as I suspect, that the whole MFH idea was one small comment that was blown out of proportion, or was it that Terri offered an amount for this murder to occur at this place, date, and time?

I don't call myself a data-driven person, but I guess I am the sort of person to question accusations before going off half-cocked. I would need more proof and justification than a comment. (But, then, that's how I see this entire case anyways--in severe need of proof!)

ETA:--and there couldn't have been much in the way of "proof", or Terri would have been arrested immediately...moo

I'd like to put this whole "one small comment" idea to rest.

Many of us have said (and will say again...*raises hand*) "I'll kill him/her" or "I wish (s)he were dead." That is one small comment. I've never actually meant it...it's just a phrase, basically.

If however, you begin talking to another person about how best to bring it about, how much it will cost you, and the best time to do it...it's a bit different, isn't it?

The reason (imo) that Terri hasn't been arrested on this particular charge is that LE knows that she can't keep her mouth shut... they're giving her the rope, she's making the noose.

Were I in Kaine's shoes, I'd have made the same decisions. He does after all, have another small child to look after. He, (and the baby) are better safe than sorry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back