Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
TG "Sometimes age has nothing to do with it ocean, there MAY have been other reasons. "

She could have been in jail when baby was born.
I can think of a few things just from those I've known, or do know. One is that the mother was not fit due to drugs, lifestyle or abuse to the child.

I've never heard or read where the Plackers are referred to as adoptive parents, but I have seen where Mr. Placker was referred to a Legal Guardian.

I can think of a few things just from those I've known, or do know. One is that the mother was not fit due to drugs, lifestyle or abuse to the child.

I've never heard or read where the Plackers are referred to as adoptive parents, but I have seen where Mr. Placker was referred to a Legal Guardian.

Someone over at InSessions mentioned they read the comments on Linda's myspace page and a person said to her something like this "I am so sorry for your loss, I know she was your everything." (paraphrasing)

I thought that was interesting.

Someone over at InSessions mentioned they read the comments on Linda's myspace page and a person said to her something like this "I am so sorry for your loss, I know she was your everything." (paraphrasing)

I thought that was interesting.
What the actual post said was
Jun 11 2008 3:54 PM

I am so so sorry for your lost. I know she was the joy in your heart even though I never met her. May peace come to her and your family. Keep ur chin up justice will come.

Maybe the reporter that Kahskye has been conversing with would know more about Taylor's bio parents or would be able to track it down. I wonder if he knows about both of the family histories in this case, too?

Why does it have to be a daughter that had Taylor? Couldn't it have been the son?

I can try emailing him Monday and asking him. Also, about Taylor being homeschooled, does anyone know the education level the grandma had?

I can try emailing him Monday and asking him. Also, about Taylor being homeschooled, does anyone know the education level the grandma had?
I have no idea, but in most States it doesn't matter what level of Education the parents have when a child is on Independent Study and doing their work at home.

BTW, do you live in Oklahoma?

i think the terms "home-schooled" & "remote study or independent study" are being used interchangably, when in fact, they are not the same. apparently, remote study is quite common in sparsly populated areas, including ocmulgee & okfuskee counties in olkahoma.

i think the terms "home-schooled" & "remote study or independent study" are being used interchangably, when in fact, they are not the same. apparently, remote study is quite common in sparsly populated areas, including ocmulgee & okfuskee counties in olkahoma.
IIRC I read somewhere that Taylor had been home schooled prior to moving to Weleetka. From that I gathered must be the reason she was only in the 6th grade at age 13.

TG
she had already celebrated this year's birthday in march ... that wouldn't put her off track to be 13 & going into 7th grade would it ? by all accounts she was an excellent student.

TG
she had already celebrated this year's birthday in march ... that wouldn't put her off track to be 13 & going into 7th grade would it ? by all accounts she was an excellent student.

Taylor was probably kept back one year since her birthday fell before the start of a school year. She was about the same age as my grandson in sixth grade who was kept back one year. I think she would have normally turned age 13 during the seventh grade instead of the sixth.

Taylor was a year behind the "standard" enrollment - My BD is in Jan and I ended 7th grade 13, 8th 14, 9th 15, 10th 16, 11th 17, 12th 18
DH is in October and he was a year YOUNGER in each grade - he didn't turn 18 until he was a freshman in college (he ended 8th grade 13). The age cut off once was mid October, now I believe it's Sept 1st. Taylor would have entered 7th grade at 13 and finished 7th grade at age 14 - Taylor would have graduated from High School at age 19. Skyla had JUST turned 11 - and would have ended 6th grade barely age 12.

Lots of parents hold their kids back a year if they can, in Taylor's case it might have been partly the Homeschooling and partly that Peter and Vicky held her back on purpose. By all accounts Taylor was an excellent straight A student who LOVED school.

My Opinion

I am still trying to decide if this is a case of local perps or someone from outside the area. Although I suppose it might be an outside person who was passng through or who was given directions to the area to visit, the last I heard this was a pretty remote little place and that fact argues for local perps more than outsiders. The exception would be a person who had lived there in the past but who had left the area for some time and then came back, perhaps to visit relatives or friends. Such a person might be both local & a stranger at the same time. If this was the case then we can only hope the perp/s bolted and fled so that their absence might eventually raise a red flag.

I am also trying to figure the age of the perp/s. Some things about this crime seem almost to be childish as if a couple kids had carried out the crime, but then I know so few details that it is quite possible there are many things that point to an adult age of the perps but that have not yet been released or that I have not read in the news accounts.

Was this a planned crime of some sort or an impulse crime?

Was this a planned crime of some sort or an impulse crime?

docwho3,
I do not think that LE has released whether they believe this was a planned crime or a an impulse crime. That is part of the mystery of this tragedy. There seems to be no rhyme, reason or explanation for the murders of Taylor and Skyla.

2yvv1qd.jpg
IMG%5D

This is the pic I was looking at on AMW

Is that Badillo? Opinions here have discounted Badillo, but I have to tell you that I would not clear him yet.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/alert/badillo_jg.htm

I have a question for those who may have hunting and/or military experience. (I don't!)

The shot under the chin, as I understand was done to the girls in this case -- this strikes me as a technique that someone might be trained to do, in order to make sure that their victim won't survive. It certainly seems like it was applied "systematically" and purposefully in this case. It's one thing that sticks out to me.

Is this kind of shot just common practice in hunting or could this be a more specialized technique that one might learn in the military? Does it suggest a professional hit?

I believe long enough to pull back into a ponytail. I am sure that the authorities have him on their list of person's of interest. I would not clear him anyway, based just on the sketch.

But then again, I wonder if the sketch is bogus, coming from sources that are not credible. I don't want to have tunnel vision so I want to consider all possibilities

I have a question for those who may have hunting and/or military experience. (I don't!)

The shot under the chin, as I understand was done to the girls in this case -- this strikes me as a technique that someone might be trained to do, in order to make sure that their victim won't survive. It certainly seems like it was applied "systematically" and purposefully in this case. It's one thing that sticks out to me.

Is this kind of shot just common practice in hunting or could this be a more specialized technique that one might learn in the military? Does it suggest a professional hit?

Again referencing Mark Furhman, shots to the chest first, then a shot to the head to insure the person does not survive. Furhman mentioned training as a possibility.

IMO it was a systematic killing for whatever reason.

Was this shot at close range or at a distance?
In order to put a shot under the chin and have it come out the top, one would have to be in very close range, imo. For them to be standing on a vehicle or at a distance, it would have made this shot almost impossible.

Don't underestimate someone else knowing the way to do an execution-style killing. While LE/military background would know...so do the gangbangers, drug dealers, and gun runners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53