100,000k reward for safe return or conviction

Rewards are reactive devices, not pro-active. I was happy not to see a large one posted by the authorities, actually. They so rarely work.

I usually get the sinking feeling if the authorities post a huge reward... it seems to indicate they have little evidence and there won't be an arrest any time soon

Has anyone "verified" this reward of $100,000.00 yet? BS stated he would have someone reputable verify it (is he saying he's not reputable??)...and as far as I can tell, this hasn't been done yet.

Does a reward actually have to be banked and ready to be paid out? Otherwise I can offer a reward of $200,000...just saying.

Good questions by vlpate and curious. I haven't read or heard anything more about the reward.

Rewards are reactive devices, not pro-active. I was happy not to see a large one posted by the authorities, actually. They so rarely work.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are you suggesting we should reward people for *not* kidnapping babies? That's the only way I can think of for a reward to be pro-active. What am I missing?

My thoughts:
1. the reward is underwritten by an insurance company
2. don't know how anonymous anyone could be at this point to actually collect $100,000 and not implicate themselves in some way
3. it ups the awareness in the case for a few more days because it's a large number (not even close at this point in Kyron's case) :(

I' m reposting this from during the week, as I said then, in this economy somebody will come forward for the money. Times are tough and 100k is a lot of money.

10-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Jacie Estes

In election day parlance there is a thing called 'street money'; frowned upon but still done. In this case there is a TIPS hotline, $1k reward. If Stanton comes in with offers of 5 times that for a tip, he can do that. He has the deep pockets of a network and just may generate leads. This means walking the streets and going in places where peeps won't talk to LE but may talk to him. If he gets one solid lead out of $100k worth of effort that may bring Lisa home.

Good questions by vlpate and curious. I haven't read or heard anything more about the reward.

The Today show is announcing, without BS qualification, the reward as fact. It just goes all over me how they showed the clip of BS this morning, announcing the reward, but conveniently left off the BS "reputable" verification qualifier.

Irresponsible media. So sick of having to fact check every story I hear and read.

I' m reposting this from during the week, as I said then, in this economy somebody will come forward for the money. Times are tough and 100k is a lot of money.

Jacie Estes

In election day parlance there is a thing called 'street money'; frowned upon but still done. In this case there is a TIPS hotline, $1k reward. If Stanton comes in with offers of 5 times that for a tip, he can do that. He has the deep pockets of a network and just may generate leads. This means walking the streets and going in places where peeps won't talk to LE but may talk to him. If he gets one solid lead out of $100k worth of effort that may bring Lisa home.

Are you saying you believe the networks are giving him money to extract leads from people who might know something? First of all, where did that come from. Secondly, why would anyone give him a tip that might lead to finding Lisa for less that the offer of $100,000?

The Today show is announcing, without BS qualification, the reward as fact. It just goes all over me how they showed the clip of BS this morning, announcing the reward, but conveniently left off the BS "reputable" verification qualifier.

Irresponsible media. So sick of having to fact check every story I hear and read.

ITA

One of my favorite movies is Jerry McQuire. My favorite line from the movie is, "Show me the money!"

Until he comes up with verification, showing me the money, I am going to assume it may be BS. :cow:MOO

Are you saying you believe the networks are giving him money to extract leads from people who might know something? First of all, where did that come from. Secondly, why would anyone give him a tip that might lead to finding Lisa for less that the offer of $100,000?

This post was BEFORE the announcement of the reward. The point was that I felt then that money would help; I still do. You must have misunderstood the BEFORE part. :) IMHO
Jacie Estes

The reward money may prompt people who have not paid much attention to this case to look for Lisa. That's a good thing. In many cases, like in Kyron's case, LE asks people to search their own properties - out buildings etc. They never suggest that people go on other people's property but if I had a vacant house by me, I would be watching it very closely and might just have to check it out.

Years ago I had a vacant house next to me, and the neigbor on the other side kept the yard mowed (permission from the county). I noticed a window on my side where the blinds were open sometimes, sometimes not. I alerted the neighbor who contacted LE - two runaway boys were hiding there, being sneaked food by a teen nearby. We did not have a missing child, we just didn't want the vandalism that often goes with vacant houses.

Has LE stressed to locals to search their own properties?

I was hoping someone 'in the know' would hear about the reward and call the tipline saying they knew where the baby is. Every state in the US is experiencing hard times. 100,000 bucks is a lot of money.

imo

Is there some kind of immunity for information exchange deal offered by LE?
Unless the kidnapper is telling everyone that Lisa is his/her newest grandchild or a foster baby and another person gets suspicious, it seems to me that most people who know what happened would probably be involved somehow and might figure that avoiding life in prison is worth more than 100,000.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back