11.11.13 - WeBsLeuThs RADIO

What was said about someone showing someone else a photo? Does anyone remember right off? Jim was the one talking about this.

IIRC Jim said it was not LE that showed the photo of the neighbor's husband to MT and that fact alone could cause MT's testimonty to be useless or something to that effect.

I thought it was Gil Abeyta?
Thank you! I was wracking my brain...I think you're right.

My initial reaction (to it not being shown to MT by LE), was "huh?!?!?" (becuz I'm eloquent like that). ;)

IMO, if the photo lineup wasn't shown to MT by LE, it was irresponsible MSM reporting/editting that definitely implied such.

oh.....Thanks. Well that's another reason peeps should not insert themselves in a case. My heart breaks for Gil, but leave the witnesses aloneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I feel like anytime a child is reported missing that all incidents within 24 hours should be reveiwed as standerd investigative procedure. That dumpster fire would have came to light alot sooner.

I also understand Gil to be ex law enforcement and him showing the photo to the witness should not be allowed to be discredited on the investigative level ,(goal is to find Lisa) and should only became an issue in court. It wont be admissable ,but will the witness tip lead to the identy of a suspect? Yes. I see why Gil did what he did and I see why he did what he did. I think what Gil did was important in the case and did help the investigators but it wont help the DA.

There is always more to a case file then what ends up on the courts record and sometimes what gets left out can be more important than what is put into the court docs. JMO.

IIRC Jim said it was not LE that showed the photo of the neighbor's husband to MT and that fact alone could cause MT's testimonty to be useless or something to that effect.

So why the heck didn't LE show MT a lineup? He clearly stated he would recognize the man if he saw him. It seems that anything that may lead away from the parents, LE blows it off.

just listened to the broadcast,i love jim spellman.that was the first time ive listened and i just have to say what a brilliant show it was.

so supposidly PN was seen leaving the house with some sort if bag.......oh dear.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I don't know if I put any credence to the duffel bag story because it doesn't seem to be more than a rumor at the moment but what is the significance of the duffel bag to you? I don't think either FCA or S. Smith used a duffel bag. In the UID forum and Namus you see babies that were disposed of in coolers, plastic bags, metal recycling bins, diaper boxes, trash bags, suitcases... so a duffel bag wouldn't stand out to me as anything too odd. People seem to dispose of their babies in containers that are readily available, baby sized, hide the baby from view and possibly able to be weighted down (if they're going to put it in a body of water).
Thanks, Donjeta. I guess what i am asking and expressing very poorly, is for those of you who have been following these cases for some time- what profile would DB fit in if she turns out to be guilty? We havent heard much from those who knew her in her past besides allegedly being an attempted hubby stealer. And while her mom did die young, i just havent heard of things like we heard about FCS or S. Smith. Maybe i should grab a coffee and start over... :blushing:

Thanks, Donjeta. I guess what i am asking and expressing very poorly, is for those of you who have been following these cases for some time- what profile would DB fit in if she turns out to be guilty? We havent heard much from those who knew her in her past besides allegedly being an attempted hubby stealer. And while her mom did die young, i just havent heard of things like we heard about FCS or S. Smith. Maybe i should grab a coffee and start over... :blushing:

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.
It might be a topic for another thread because her profile wasn't discussed on this radio show. Maybe the profile of moms who get too drunk and **** happens?

Great show, guys! :clap:

So, Gil Abeyta is the one who showed MT the pic of JB prior to MT identifying the guy for LE.

Geez. Way to tarnish a possible witness. :rolleyes:

So, Gil Abeyta is the one who showed MT the pic of JB prior to MT identifying the guy for LE.

This makes more sense; I don't recall exactly what the reporter(s) and MT said (about the photos) in the videos I've seen.

Awhile back, there was discussion here that speculated that it must have been Jersey's photo that MT had previously seen (since it had been reported that LE was going thru the area showing his photo to people), and then ID'd to LE from a photo lineup. Then a reporter (Jim Spellman?) repeatedly stated that the photo ID'd was not Jersey, but he declined to mention whose photo was ID'd.

Or way to get a positive ID on a possible suspect...:waitasec:

The guy was on the news and had talked to LE before Gil showed him the photo. He said the he thought the guy was the handy man hanging out in the area. It makes no sence LE would call him tainted when he was saying it the whole time. He was the first person we heard the handyman story from wasnt he? IMO I think they what attention drawn off JT for whatever reason. I do not think they cleared him at all and thats why his girlfriend made the news. I would like to know what Jim meant when he said JT" pulled up in the yard " and his exs family were trying to keep him away because he had become abusive. What did he pull up in the yard in ? A car or a bike ? (just wondering)

When did Gill show him this photo because in an article MT said a reporter showed him a photo ,and it was within days of Baby lisa being reported missing and I am not sure when Gill became invovled.

The guy was on the news and had talked to LE before Gil showed him the photo. He said the he thought the guy was the handy man hanging out in the area. It makes no sence LE would call him tainted when he was saying it the whole time. He was the first person we heard the handyman story from wasnt he? IMO I think they what attention drawn off JT for whatever reason. I do not think they cleared him at all and thats why his girlfriend made the news. I would like to know what Jim meant when he said JT" pulled up in the yard " and his exs family were trying to keep him away because he had become abusive. What did he pull up in the yard in ? A car or a bike ? (just wondering)

When did Gill show him this photo because in an article MT said a reporter showed him a photo ,and it was within days of Baby lisa being reported missing and I am not sure when Gill became invovled.

Wait, who are we talking about? Wasn't the person identified, the one that Gil Abeyta was speaking of, not Jersey? :waitasec:

This is what I remember also. The video is filming the reporter showing him a picture on a phone but not publicly identifying who he said it was. It was right after MT came to public light.

BBM--I seem remember MW saying that he pulled up in a stolen minivan. Sorry, don't have a link, though.

This is what I remember also. The video is filming the reporter showing him a picture on a phone but not publicly identifying who he said it was. It was right after MT came to public light.

I want to say that was an ABC News reporter. (Dan Abrams? Was he ever on-location?)

Yes, that was Jim showing him the photo, but that was after he had already id'ed the guy in a 6 photo page with LE...the problem, I believe is that Gil had already showed JT the photo, which some then believe would be 'leading'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trivialdrift
Back