11 years ago this night...

Excellent post DeeDee...There is no doubt in my mind that Burke's original statement ...that JB walked in and helped to bring in presents.....in the truthful one. I believe that she walked in, and then later..she had a little pineapple snack, sometime before she went to bed. I can't remember...do you know if that spoon in the pineapple bowl, was tested for fingerprints? I know that the bowl and the glass were.

I don't recall ever reading that it was....it may be in the "warehouse of evidence" still to be reviewed in this case. What a shame. There could have been saliva samples taken from the spoon AND the glass. Then the Rs could never again say that the pineapple in her stomach wasn't eaten in their home. Or that the "water glass" with teabag wasn't theirs.

This was in my local paper just this weekend- maybe some of you are familiar with the crime.
A few years ago, there was a shocking crime that happened in New York City (sadly, one of many). A 6-year old girl, Nixzmary Brown (yes, that's her name)- was killed by her stepfather. The girl had been kept tied to a wooden chair with a cat litter box for a toilet. Teachers had reported seeing bruises, and unexplained absences. But as happend so much, DYFS did a poor job of investigating these reports. Her usual punishment, according to the stepfather, was that he would beat her and hold her down in a tub of cold water. Her last night, he threw her naked and wet on a bed and told her mother to leave her alone. She did. (she is also charged in the murder). When the mother called 911 to report her "unresponsive", she was found dead when paramedics arrived.
More details are coming out because the case is coming to trial now.
Apparently the autopsy revealed that she actually died from a vicious blow to the head....caused by the faucet on the tub. When she was found, there was no blood and no head wound. Because she was wet and naked, paramedics first thought she had been drowned. At autopsy, the brutal head fracture was revealed, and it took an hour or so to kill her, as she lay unconscious on the bed.
The stepfather, though unspeakably vile and a chronic child abuser, had not intended to kill her. But during his rage-filled "punishment", he accidentally slammed her head into the faucet, knocking her unconscious.
Sound familliar?
Think PR is watching and thinking "been there, done that."? Nah, the TV'd melt down there in blistering heat.
Maybe when that guy draws HIS last breath - they'll be neighbors!

This was in my local paper just this weekend- maybe some of you are familiar with the crime.
A few years ago, there was a shocking crime that happened in New York City (sadly, one of many). A 6-year old girl, Nixzmary Brown (yes, that's her name)- was killed by her stepfather. The girl had been kept tied to a wooden chair with a cat litter box for a toilet. Teachers had reported seeing bruises, and unexplained absences. But as happend so much, DYFS did a poor job of investigating these reports. Her usual punishment, according to the stepfather, was that he would beat her and hold her down in a tub of cold water. Her last night, he threw her naked and wet on a bed and told her mother to leave her alone. She did. (she is also charged in the murder). When the mother called 911 to report her "unresponsive", she was found dead when paramedics arrived.
More details are coming out because the case is coming to trial now.
Apparently the autopsy revealed that she actually died from a vicious blow to the head....caused by the faucet on the tub. When she was found, there was no blood and no head wound. Because she was wet and naked, paramedics first thought she had been drowned. At autopsy, the brutal head fracture was revealed, and it took an hour or so to kill her, as she lay unconscious on the bed.
The stepfather, though unspeakably vile and a chronic child abuser, had not intended to kill her. But during his rage-filled "punishment", he accidentally slammed her head into the faucet, knocking her unconscious.
Sound familliar?
Think PR is watching and thinking "been there, done that."? Nah, the TV'd melt down there in blistering heat.
Maybe when that guy draws HIS last breath - they'll be neighbors!

That is so sad..poor little girl! Yes, I am sure that he and Patsy will be neighbors...maybe they can share stories, over a glass of tea and some pineapple.

Excellent post DeeDee...There is no doubt in my mind that Burke's original statement ...that JB walked in and helped to bring in presents.....in the truthful one. I believe that she walked in, and then later..she had a little pineapple snack, sometime before she went to bed. I can't remember...do you know if that spoon in the pineapple bowl, was tested for fingerprints? I know that the bowl and the glass were.

I do have trouble with the walking in scenario as, even though Burke said she did, ST didnt take it that she did for definite rather that Burke was just confused.

I do have trouble with the walking in scenario as, even though Burke said she did, ST didnt take it that she did for definite rather that Burke was just confused.

This is the only thing that I disagree with ST on...how could Burke have been confused? Either she walked in and helped to bring in presents...or she didn't. How could someone confuse those two? "Well, I think that she walked in, and helped to bring in presents....oh, no wait...I think that I am confused, and that my dad carried her in because she was asleep". That doesn't make sense...unless of course..Burke was two years old at the time. A nine year old would not confuse being carried in asleep, with walking in and helping to carry presents. Those two are not even close...

This is the only thing that I disagree with ST on...how could Burke have been confused? Either she walked in and helped to bring in presents...or she didn't. How could someone confuse those two? "Well, I think that she walked in, and helped to bring in presents....oh, no wait...I think that I am confused, and that my dad carried her in because she was asleep". That doesn't make sense...unless of course..Burke was two years old at the time. A nine year old would not confuse being carried in asleep, with walking in and helping to carry presents. Those two are not even close...

I don't see where BR has ever retracted or changed his statement about his sister walking into the house that night. BUT his parents and their lawyers made sure LE never got the chance to question him more thoroughly about it. He should certainly have been probed a little better about that night. I could picture LE questioning BR with his lawyers present and being stymied at every turn, just like PR was prevented from answering anything relevant by HER lawyers. As soon as that ONE question would be asked about what BR remembers about his sister going from the car to the house, a R lawyer would pipe up saying that it's been so long since that night that he couldn't be expected to remember.
Now, it HAS been a long time- over 11 years. But you can be sure that ALL the Rs remember EVERY SINGLE thing that took place that night. What they wore, what they ate, and every sequence of events that occured that entire day and night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back