120 TES Search Areas "Cleared". Yes or No ?

Do you feel all search areas of Interest are really "Cleared" ?

• Yes

Votes: 47 12.3%
  • No

Votes: 291 76.0%
  • I Don't Know

Votes: 45 11.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks like the same guy. Thank you.

The video won't start playing on my computer. It says "Starting video" below the still shot, but it never does. (Any advice?)

Sometimes I hit pause and wait. This allows it to load the video before you push play. Its worth a try. thanks

I believe if TES said they cleared an area...they cleared an area.

PS- I hope I'm understanding this right. lol

OK just to clarify, as someone who has done a few too many ground searches over the years. When TES says that an area was "cleared" all it really means is that they had a team in that location do a grid search.

No area is ever truly cleared until what you are looking for is actually found. That is the terrible nature of ground searches in wooded/rough/marshy/overgrown terrain. What you are looking for can easily be missed in 1, 2 , or 12 search passes. All that "cleared" means is that the searches did not find anything. It does not mean that nothing was there.

And if someone is claiming that they searched a wooded area by themselves... well no, it does not mean that there is nothing there. The chances of a single person finding something during a solo search of the woods is astronomically low. Your effective rate of searching is a 4' to 6' swath that extends 2 to 3' in front of you, at a slow walking speed. Finding anything outside of that is a matter of absolute blind luck. and missing something while attempting to do such a solo search is highly likely.

Is this over-simplification?:

Each searcher, JoyW, DC, KW, etc. should be asked:

Did you walk to the bent tree, move the vines aside, reach down into the water and not feel or see Caylee's remains?

-or-

Did you walk to the bent tree, and not see a garbage bag with a small whitish protrusion, partially submerged?

...cause that is the needle they would have to have not seen in the haystack in order for their experience to be relevant-Seems the defense would be trying to prove a negative.

I can walk the woods, full of deer, all day long and never see the deer bedded down under my nose. I may hear them, yes...but since humans would rely strictly on sight in this instance, because Caylee's voice and movement was forever silenced, they are at a disadvantage-Unless they approached the bent tree.

Is this over-simplification?:

Each searcher, JoyW, DC, KW, etc. should be asked:

Did you walk to the bent tree, move the vines aside, reach down into the water and not feel or see Caylee's remains?

-or-

Did you walk to the bent tree, and not see a garbage bag with a small whitish protrusion, partially submerged?

...cause that is the needle they would have to have not seen in the haystack in order for their experience to be relevant-Seems the defense would be trying to prove a negative.

I can walk the woods, full of deer, all day long and never see the deer bedded down under my nose. I may hear them, yes...but since humans would rely strictly on sight in this instance, because Caylee's voice and movement was forever silenced, they are at a disadvantage-Unless they approached the bent tree.

Thank you! It's hilarious to me that a defense strategy here is contingent on a presumption of innocence based solely on random people NOT being able to see skeletalized remains strewn over a general area that was so totally obscured that the Anthony's PI could not locate it even when given very specific coordinates.

I hope LDB or JA puts that one to rest in less than a minute with the tape of DC stabbing the underbrush. It's obvious that it was a jungle and he couldn't find a thing.

The old adage about the needle in the haystack comes to mind to many of us. . . But I have never heard any truism that it wasn't found because it wasn't there.

But I have heard something about grasping at straws that might apply here. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member