17 September~ Presser~ 0700 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think she is saying it would be acceptable to push or punch someone.

A push or a punch from someone with control/anger issues would be more expected than murder. Not saying it's right.

liljim, while I agree with your observation that there is no reasonable explanation, you seem to imply that a short incident, such as losing control for an instant and punching someone would be acceptable, reasonable or understandable.

I'd find it understandable in the context of someone snapping, though obviously not reasonable or acceptable. When I think of someone snapping I think of them doing something spontaneous and impulsive for a very short duration -- pushing someone onto train tracks, off a cliff, having a weapon and using it once or twice, etc. From what I read elsewhere, strangling takes 3-5 minutes? I have a hard time understanding how someone can "snap" for that long. Though I can imagine someone snapping and strangling, and she passes out and then he goes "oh man!" and panics and finishes her off in some sort of bizarre logic (i.e., "if she lives she reports me and I go to jail, but if I kill her maybe I can hide her and get away with it despite all the video cameras, key cards tracking my movements, DNA evidence, text messages, etc.").

When I've "snapped" in the past it's been something like me kicking a wall in frustration, or punching a door, or something. Short timeframe actions that are impulsive -- and obviously not involved with killing someone!

I hardly ever post theories because I'm just not that good at them. Here's my first and probably my last. If Annie met him there over protocol, maybe she was pointing out to him that she had followed the directions outlined in the book. She's talking, he wants her to shut up so he goes to choke her. A way of getting someone to stop talking. When she fights back, his control issues come into play again and he chokes her harder, he loses it completely and strangles her to death.

I hardly ever post theories because I'm just not that good at them. Here's my first and probably my last. If Annie met him there over protocol, maybe she was pointing out to him that she had followed the directions outlined in the book. She's talking, he wants her to shut up so he goes to choke her. A way of getting someone to stop talking. When she fights back, his control issues come into play again and he chokes her harder, he loses it completely and strangles her to death.

...Especially if she was right and he was wrong, and it made him so angry that he was "out done" by her. And (in his mind) she is so small, he can easily put her in her place.....

liljim, while I agree with your observation that there is no reasonable explanation, you seem to imply that a short incident, such as losing control for an instant and punching someone would be acceptable, reasonable or understandable.

Of course it would have been better because Annie would be alive, but still nothing even close to anything remotely acceptable. In workplace, I do not even think that raising one's voice is acceptable. I believe that anything that is remotely violent, including banging ones fist on a table or a door should be grounds for immediate dismissal.

or you could just , quietly, with no one else around, say, "You make me sick.", as a co-worker (who was on a different educational and pay level) once said to me. She could have slapped me; it would not have been more surprising or hurtful. I never found out why she felt that way. and I was always afraid of her after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname