17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't own a car you learn to walk. jmo

Yes I understand tha and I have done my share of walking and would do it again if my younger brothers and sisters were hungry but not for candy or an iced tea!

Yes I understand tha and I have done my share of walking and would do it again if my younger brothers and sisters were hungry but not for candy or an iced tea!

A four-mile trip is a little long for skittles and tea. JMO

BBM

I agree completely, LambChop...

If what GZ is saying is true, then he very well could have sustained a concussion or subdural hematoma. He should have been taken directly to the hospital and thoroughly checked out, including being tested for drugs and alcohol.

You know, if Mr. Zimmerman had been simply been arrested and processed the night of the shooting, I think many of us, myself included, would not be here debating with such fervor. But the SPD failed miserably that evening.

You don't just take the word of an individual who would have a huge motive to present facts that would exonerate him.

You don't just take the word of the witnesses that might tend to corroborate his account when there are several other witnesses who contradict it.

You don't allow the shooter to go home in the clothes he was wearing during the altercation.

You don't fail to test any and all blood on the shooter in order to determine whom in fact, said blood belongs to.

You don't neglect to canvass the area in an attempt to determine the identity of the victim.

You don't fail to return phone calls from the individual who was on the phone with the victim at the time of the altercation.

You don't make the above mistakes, then throw your hands in the air and proclaim you have no probable cause to arrest the shooter, and you certainly don't have a press conference to pat yourself and your department on the back for the wonderful investigation you've done.

All I want is for this case to be properly handled and allowed to proceed properly through the justice system, not treated like a traffic ticket.

MOO.

The thanks button was just not enough.

That's what doesn't make sense to me. Mr. Martin has said that he suspected Trayvon went out with his cousin, which is why he wasn't put off that he wasn't home. Wouldn't the brother know why he wasn't home, or that he didn't leave with his cousin? I'm not entirely sure where the brother was in all of this.
Yes, I'd heard about the cousin and the movies. Where did this cousin live? We haven't heard that. Was it within walking distance. If you look at that map - above - it seems there are at least two other complexes like the one he was in - one right next door and another one down from that. Maybe the cousin lived in one of those? IDK

Again, with the "cousin and movies". Trayvon had a cell. We know that. So, when dad and family got back home from dinner did he try to call Trayvon? Did he try to call the cousin? I know I would have - I have a just turned 18 DD and if I don't know where she is or where she's going - I call her. When she stays out for the night at a friend's house - she ALWAYS calls me once she's back at the friend's place for the night and getting ready to go to bed - so I know she's there. So, even if dad called Trayvon's phone and got voice mail - wouldn't he have called the cousin?

Dad and family went out to dinner. Doesn't take that long - an hour? Two? I'm sure that by the time they came back, SPD had it all cleaned up, cleared out and everything was quiet. Had to be - because if dad came back home and there were the cop cars, and the lights, and all the activity that follows a shooting going on - he would have been curious and at least tried to talk to someone - even just a resident standing outside watching. IDK - I know I would have but maybe he didn't want to know and just stayed inside.

This whole thing is just getting uglier and uglier and, I believe that if SPD had just done a more thorough job it wouldn't be coming to this.

JMHO

I don't think the path we see is the one he necessarily took. There could be backways, trails, cut throughs...without knowing the area, no one can really map that out accurately.

I also wouldn't expect a 13 year old to connect the dots (brother not home-ambulances outside-trouble)...He may have been told not to leave the house or to go outside..

JMO MOO IMO

Where do you have evidence that points to the police not collecting Zimmerman's clothing? You mention this in a couple of your points above; I assume you have a sourcing for these allegations./QUOTE]

Respectfully snipped for space. I believe we only have the initial report that shows just the gun being taken into evidence. If the PD in fact has his clothes, why cannot they just admit it?

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Twin Lakes Shooting Initial Report.pdf

According to google it's a 20 minute walk. When I walk for exercise I walk for an hour. So for a 17 year old from Miami who has no car it would be 20 minutes each way would mean nothing and given his build he was probably use to walking. jmo

I don't think the path we see is the one he necessarily took. There could be backways, trails, cut throughs...without knowing the area, no one can really map that out accurately.

I also wouldn't expect a 13 year old to connect the dots (brother not home-ambulances outside-trouble)...He may have been told not to leave the house or to go outside..

JMO MOO IMO

That would be the most direct route (A to B). If he took a different one, it would have taken even longer and been even farther. JMO

When Tracy Martin and his fiancée, Brandi Greene, went out to dinner on the night of February 26th, they left Tracy's son, Trayvon, and Brandi's son, at home in Brandi's townhouse in a neat subdivision in Sanford, Florida. They had spent time with their kids, who had bonded ahead of becoming step-brothers, and now wanted some adult time.

http://www.thegrio.com/specials/tra...timeline-leaves-many-unanswered-questions.php

"I had gone out for dinner," says Tracy, "and when I got home, Trayvon wasn't there. I tried calling his cell phone several times, and it went straight to voicemail. I wasn't that worried, because he had been spending time with my 20-year-old nephew who was a responsible young man. There wasn't a panic that he wasn't at home. I figured that they had gone to the movies, because they had said they might. So I laid down, thinking they would show up later."

"I started making calls, and I reached my nephew," Martin says. "He said he hadn't seen Trayvon. Then I really started getting worried. So I called the Sheriff's department to file a missing persons report. I let them know it hadn't been 24 hours, but it was unusual for Trayvon not to return home."

http://globalgrind.com/node/828905#ixzz1qKffdlPx

According to google it's a 20 minute walk. When I walk for exercise I walk for an hour. So for a 17 year old from Miami who has no car it would be 20 minutes each way would mean nothing and given his build he was probably use to walking. jmo
Google said a 35 minute walk, and that's at a fairly fast pace. People normally walk a mile in 20 minutes at a faster pace. In any case, it was somewhere between an 1:10-1:20 total walking time, assuming he just went straight there and back.

Yeah; wouldn't the brother have known that Trayvon was out to get skittles an tea and told the dad this? Especially because it's claimed to have been for him. I'm not a parent, but if my son left to apparently buy candy for my other child and then didn't show back up, I'm not sure I'd assume he was out with a cousin or something. JMO

Where do you have evidence that points to the police not collecting Zimmerman's clothing? You mention this in a couple of your points above; I assume you have a sourcing for these allegations./QUOTE]

Respectfully snipped for space. I believe we only have the initial report that shows just the gun being taken into evidence. If the PD in fact has his clothes, why cannot they just admit it?

I'm sorry, I have the report but can't get it linked. I'm trying!

If he had been arrested they could have taken his clothes. They don't normally ask you to strip down when you are not under arrest and send you home in a prisoner's uniform. If anything they may have taken pictures, which at that time IMO they would have already determined he was free to go. Let's hope they at least took pictures of his clothing. jmo

If he had been arrested they could have taken his clothes. They don't normally ask you to strip down when you are not under arrest and send you home in a prisoner's uniform. If anything they may have taken pictures, which at that time IMO they would have already determined he was free to go. Let's hope they at least took pictures of his clothing. jmo
One of the sergeants said they took his clothing from that night. Zimmerman can still voluntarily cooperate in the investigation without being arrested.

Sergeant David Morgenstern, a spokesman for Sanford Police, said that an autopsy was carried out on Trayvon Martin by a Volusia county medical examiner. He said Martin was checked for drugs and alcohol, which was a "routine part of the autopsy".

He said the investigation recovered Zimmerman's clothes from the night of the shooting and that they had custody of the gun. He confirmed that one shot had been fired.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/mar/22/trayvon-martin-sanford-police-chief-steps-down

That does not appear to be a 7-11. Both of the closest ones appear to be ~2 miles away, which would be a little over an hour's walk, round-trip.

View attachment 21320

Not only is the location shown on the map I posted "a" 7-11:

TM711.png

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&b...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCkQ8gEwAA

It is "THIS" 7-11, located at 1125 Rinehart Rd Sanford, FL 32771:

Cars are parked outside the 7-Eleven store where Trayvon Martin picked up candy before he was shot by George Michael Zimmerman.

http://www.examiner.com/us-headline...t-twin-lakes-community-picture#slide=44932401

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline...erge-facebook-twitter-accounts-180103647.html

"With a single punch," the Orlando Sentinel, citing police sources, reported Monday, "Trayvon Martin decked the Neighborhood Watch volunteer ... climbed on top of [him] and slammed his head into the sidewalk several times, leaving him bloody and battered."

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/26/2714778/thousands-expected-at-trayvon.html

As thousands of people gathered here to demand an arrest in the Trayvon Martin case, a more complicated portrait began to emerge of a teenager whose problems at school ranged from getting spotted defacing lockers to getting caught with a marijuana baggie and women’s jewelry.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/26/the-daily-caller-obtains-trayvon-martins-tweets/#ixzz1qGztV3LT

The Daily Caller has obtained a compilation of the late Trayvon Martin’s tweets.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com..._1_miami-schools-punch-unarmed-black-teenager

With a single punch, Trayvon Martin decked the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who eventually shot and killed the unarmed 17-year-old, then Trayvon climbed on top of George Zimmerman and slammed his head into the sidewalk, leaving him bloody and battered, law-enforcement authorities told the Orlando Sentinel.

Thank you!

Ok - dad and gf were out, 13 yr old was home the whole time. So what did 13 yr old hear that night?

Even if he didn't go out or look out the window - he heard the sirens. He had to have seen the "flashes" of blue lights as the cop cars came in. I have a hard time thinking the 13 yr old went in his room and buried his head. 13 yr olds are, in general, a curious bunch. He had to have at least looked out the windows.

Again, thanks for that confirmation on who was where and who went where that night.

ETA: this was quoting Hihater's post about the link and the actions of who went where (forgot to check that weedle box! lol)

JMHO

Yeah; wouldn't the brother have known that Trayvon was out to get skittles an tea and told the dad this? Especially because it's claimed to have been for him. I'm not a parent, but if my son left to apparently buy candy for my other child and then didn't show back up, I'm not sure I'd assume he was out with a cousin or something. JMO

Whether he told his Dad or not TM's Dad did try to reach him by phone and assumed he had ended up going to the movies with his cousin as TM had earlier discussed that he might do. Most people in the movie theater turn their phones off so the dad not being able to get an answer from TM may not have been a concern that night. And dad falling asleep while his son was still out, some people can do it. I remember worrying about my teens when they first started driving and planned to return late but the next thing I knew it was morning. One night I fell asleep on the couch only to wake up the next morning. They were home and I never heard them come in. It's not an issue of dad did not care, just that dad did not feel there was anything to worry about. jmo

I'm bothered by the various discrepancies in the accounts/versions of this event from the beginning. Aren't there any videos of TM at the convenience store? Don't those establishments usually have video cameras running? At least we could see what TM looked like now, rather then all the boyish photos being distributed to the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500