17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the one I read said October and said empty baggie that appeared to be drugs but never confirmed it. They did say pipe but I've seen those little pipes for sale in stores so just a pipe I'm not sure is evidence of anything other than he could have been smoking something. But there is no police report so I doubt the principle thought it was enough of anything to report. The school said this suspension was for being in an unauthorized area, which was described by school officials as nothing major. IMO he got 10 days because he had been suspended previously in October. I'll have to go and see if I can find it. jmo

maybe i'm mistaken

People, what does any of this have to do with anything even remotely relevant in this case. It seems like arguments for arguments sake. Nothing is known in this case, and spending countless hours wondering what if is truly counterproductive. What if tm was accosted gz, what if tm got shot in the back, what if gz really saw something suspicious. All of this seems pointless because the FACT IS that we have few real facts. Msm articles are riddled with inaccuracies and opinions. And all the rest muddies the waters. Patience is a virtue and we must wait before we hang or exonerate anyone. everyone relax. all imo.

You don't know anything of the sort.

There were 8 robberies in the neighborhood. Do you know for a fact that they were all committed by black people?

EVERYTHING here that is not backed up by a document is only an opinion, including by the Media it is still only an opinion.
and that incudes mine and your posts too.
The home invasion was conducted by two african-american fellows, and three black males and a white male were all loitering in the vicinity of a recently burglarized house. When a terry stop was conducted, a laptop that was stolen out of the house was recovered. A black male appeared to be casing the house in one of the burglary cases (knocking on the door, asking questions, returning the next morning, and asked another strange question, which is common of burglars to determine if someone is home). Another young black male confessed to burglarizing and stealing an XBox system from a house in the neighborhood.

Whether these reports were cherry-picked to support a conclusion, I'm not sure.

Here's a thought about the jewelry. THIS IS JUST A THOUGHT, THEORY, IDEA - I have no proof, documentation or anything else. Its just my past experience with teens that makes me thinks this MIGHT be what could have gone on.

Possibly TM had a friend that was in a bad home environment and wanted out bad. Perhaps that friend managed to get a hold of mom's, grandma's, aunt's, someone's jewelry and was going to use that (pawned) to get away. Friend gives TM the goods to hold just in case someone finds it missing and confronts the teen friend and wants to search them. Once MDPD gets involved and starts asking questions, they find out the who, what, when, where and why of it all. TM would not give the name of the friend.

That's just maybe one theory of how that jewelry played out. IDK - but teens in tough situations often do things to try to get themselves out of those situations.

JMHO and all that.
In other reports, it was phrased as if they couldn't determine where it came from, period. It's not stolen unless they have evidence it was stolen.

Many people are chronic pot heads and it does not justify any shooting at all.

Most pot heads don’t run around with a pipe in hand and a screwdriver with ladies jewelry in the locker.
But bringing all of that up brings to light that he was not a puritan and that is only fair when they brought to light that GZ was no puritan either.
Bringing to light that he was not as sweet as the little boy with the red shirt on also makes me wonder why did they need to put that photo up? was it to create an imprint on public opinion about a sweet boy when in fact he was just who he was a teen ager that is not squeaky clean, no mo and no less.

Bolded the last part, because that was the part I felt was important..

But I have to say, I don't think that Mr. and Mrs. Martin had any intention of attempting some Svengali mind control whitewash with the pictures they chose, TM was a teenager, but he was also their beloved child. Stop and think about what pictures you might have of your children that you might want the world to see should heaven forbid you be in their shoes...I tried to think of what pictures I might want the world to see of my child if something like this happened and I can't for the life of me fault the parents for wanting their favorites and the ones that they found most endearing to be shown....
nor would I expect them to have launched into a catalogue list of all the bad and wrong things their child had done so that everyone would not accuse them of trying to make him into something he's not.

I would want pics of my child young and at the time of death because there are some that are particularly dear to me, even if they are of my Kid at a time when he was just out of diapers.

I don't think it was about conspiracy, I think it was about grief and love IMO JMHO and stuff

You can't know anything of the sort.

What if a sympathetic third-party asked Rev. Sharpton to intervene? Does that mean TM's parents' motives are suspect?
They had to accept the offer, AS did not insert hmself.
There were 8 robberies in the neighborhood. Do you know for a fact that they were all committed by black people?
That has been in the news over an over. <modsnip>.
According to the WS guidelines we're supposed to make a distinction between documented fact and opinion.

All documented facts ust be linked. ALL else is opinion, and I have no issue putting JMO under my posts, but all of us are all opinion including you. unless we add a legal doc.

I understand he was just a teenager but why show photos of him that are years old?

No, oddly enough he wasn't. I guess Miami PD have bigger fish to fry, but it's a crime and he wouldn't have gotten away with that here.

He'd be at an alternative school for 6 weeks and headed to adult criminal court.

The fact that Miami PD has chosen not to follow up when they discover him committing a crime doesn't mean he's innocent.

Adult criminal court for drug paraphernalia and an empty pot bag? Where, exactly, do you live?

I understand he was just a teenager but why show photos of him that are years old?

Because they look like the image they are trying to portray.

If this story had broken, with ALL the information we now know, and current photos of each we now have, it likely wouldn't have made the news. IMHO.

I would think that the kid with the dorky grin, clearly happy and having fun at his computer would have been used if they weren't trying to paint a certain picture with pictures.

This is from the Miami paper:

In October, a school police investigator said he saw Trayvon on the school surveillance camera in an unauthorized area “hiding and being suspicious.” Then he said he saw Trayvon mark up a door with “W.T.F” — an acronym for “what the f---.” The officer said he found Trayvon the next day and went through his book bag in search of the graffiti marker.

Instead the officer reported he found women’s jewelry and a screwdriver that he described as a “burglary tool,” according to a Miami-Dade Schools Police report obtained by The Miami Herald. Word of the incident came as the family’s lawyer acknowledged that the boy was suspended in February for getting caught with an empty bag with traces of marijuana, which he called “irrelevant” and an attempt to demonize a victim.....

So the tagging was in October and February was for the bag which was probably not enough for an arrest. jmo

Somewhere along the way he did some stopping and lingering. From the time he left the clubhouse to his own back door, his path of travel was 600' +/-.

If I understand these transcripts correctly, 7 minutes lapsed between Zimmerman telling the operator he was running and the time the shot was fired. I don't care if he was running, walking fast, walking slow, or skipping along, somewhere along they way he stopped.

How else is this fat guy gonna run up behind and catch a 17 year old athletic kid with a head start?
I don't believe Zimmerman's bs either about walking back to his car after losing sight of the boy, but anyway you look at it, 2/3 of this 600' had been traveled before Zimmerman ever lost sight of him at the sidewalk turn.

I don't have any more of a clue than the rest of you exactly how this went down, but there's no way I can see that Zimmerman walked back to his car when he lost sight of him OR that the boy didn't stop.

Question here Papa.. When did he stop and take cover under the awning?
BTW.. Last I heard, his friend, J Oliver is claiming GZ is not a fat guy so perhaps GZ didn't have any problems when it came to catching up with TM...

JMHO

ETA.. Did he stop at the clubhouse and put the hood up on his jacket at that time?

The home invasion was conducted by two african-american fellows, and three black males and a white male were all loitering in the vicinity of a recently burglarized house. When a terry stop was conducted, a laptop that was stolen out of the house was recovered. A black male appeared to be casing the house in one of the burglary cases (knocking on the door, asking questions, returning the next morning, and asked another strange question, which is common of burglars to determine if someone is home). Another young black male confessed to burglarizing and stealing an XBox system from a house in the neighborhood.

Whether these reports were cherry-picked to support a conclusion, I'm not sure.

m00c0w, I don't doubt that there were in fact some crimes committed in Twin Lakes by black males. On that we can agree. :peace:

There are also residents of the complex who are black males, and no doubt have visitors who are same. I don't think they deserved to fear, or be accosted by an armed neighborhood watch member. IMO, it is unlikely that GZ would have felt a white male walking that evening was suspicious, although one of the suspects mentioned in the report was white. Again, that's just my opinion.

MOD WARNING

Time Outs are being issued for snarky comments whose sole purpose is to inflame and argue with others. I've already issued 2 this morning. YOU are responsible for the words you CHOOSE to post.

Moderators are not editors and we're done with continuing to remove posts after DAYS of the same warnings. Those who choose to ignore the mod requests will be receiving TOs.

YOUR CHOICE.

Bolded the last part, because that was the part I felt was important..

But I have to say, I don't think that Mr. and Mrs. Martin had any intention of attempting some Svengali mind control whitewash with the pictures they chose, TM was a teenager, but he was also their beloved child. Stop and think about what pictures you might have of your children that you might want the world to see should heaven forbid you be in their shoes...I tried to think of what pictures I might want the world to see of my child if something like this happened and I can't for the life of me fault the parents for wanting their favorites and the ones that they found most endearing to be shown....
nor would I expect them to have launched into a catalogue list of all the bad and wrong things their child had done so that everyone would not accuse them of trying to make him into something he's not.

I would want pics of my child young and at the time of death because there are some that are particularly dear to me, even if they are of my Kid at a time when he was just out of diapers.

I don't think it was about conspiracy, I think it was about grief and love IMO JMHO and stuff

I agree with much of this post. :)
BUT the picture that should have been offered to press
should be recent not a young 12 year old sweet child. He was not a child.
Since picture paint a million words IMHO it was meant to sway public opinion.
JMHO

But bringing all of that up brings to light that he was not a puritan and that is only fair when they brought to light that GZ was no puritan either.
Bringing to light that he was not as sweet as the little boy with the red shirt on also makes me wonder why did they need to put that photo up? was it to create an imprint on public opinion about a sweet boy when in fact he was just who he was a teen ager that is not squeaky clean, no mo and no less.

snipped for brevity - respectfully

BBM Because his family provided the pics and to them - he was their sweet little boy in the red shirt. That is who they wanted us to know, in order to get the public to feel their pain and cry out along with for a light to be shone on the situation they felt was not being addressed. I can't say I blame them for that.

RE: the outdated pix

I was saying the same thing over and over again about Lisa Irwin. they just kept replaying that video of her in a walker - cooing. We was walking and a whole lot bigger than what we kept seeing - yet the meida did it over and over. Who knows why they do it, but it happens.

I don't believe Trayvon's parents had any agenda nor any say in what the media was showing.

In the past few days this has been cleared up and addressed and the media is now showing more updated pix.

JMHO

Adult criminal court for drug paraphernalia and an empty pot bag? Where, exactly, do you live?

Williamson County, Texas. It's in North Austin.

Any drug crime committed on school property automatically bumps up a crime category - so paraphernalia that would be a class C misdemeanor bumps up to a Class B misdemeanor. And 17 is an adult here. And you go to court for that. The "youthful offender" program probably wouldn't have been offered here, either, since he's got a string of other suspensions.

That, and the other stuff he was suspended for, it's very likely Trayvon would have to attend an alternative school - if that - for his repeated offenses on school property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipstar2