17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that gets me is that GZ was on the phone with dispatch and sees TM and tells the call taker what he's doing and everything, then I listen to the 911 call from the female and she had to have heard commotion for a bit before placing the call then is on the phone for 45 seconds before you hear the shot. So they struggled for at least a minute.

What happened that GZ didn't shoot TM straight away.

GOOD POST :clap: :clap:
He was not out to shoot...that is why he did not.
SOMETHING HAPPEND.

When I saw that TM was originally listed as a John Doe I thought why wouldn't they have found out who he was from his phone.

if Tracy Martin filed a missing person's report the next day, I would think the police would produce a picture of his son at the morgue to see if that was his son.

I do not believe for a minute that the police did not tell them that their son was at the morgue until three days later.

http://www.themadisontimes.com/news_details.php?news_id=1875

Something about the Martin family's story stinks.

they just showed some of the pictures of what it was like that night on my local news and they did have crime scene tape around the area, So I would think they (LE) was out there for quite some time.

How far away was he from his house and if he was running how long would it take him to get to his house?

70 yards from where his body was found, his dad said 100 yds. He was headed toward his house from the club house area...two minutes, judging the distance on google map and where his body was found....would have been plenty of time for an athletic 17 yr old to run home.

Well, if I was a NW person and I saw someone I thought was "suspicious" - I would continue to watch. Now if that person walked up into someone's yard or tried a vehicle's door handle or something that would lead me to believe he was going to commit a crime - then yea. But someone just walking? Nah, I would continue to watch and see what he was going to do.

The "someone snatching a kid in a car" - well that's the kinda thing you immediately call in - IMMEDIATELY. But as for property crime - nope, I would continue to watch.

If GZ had done that - we wouldn't be here today and Trayvon would be at home watching basketball.

JMHO

BBM

That is exactly where I get stuck. As you say, he should have just watched, nothing more. And I agree. He was evidently trying to watch and keep TM in sight until LE arrived. But something bad happened in a couple of short minutes that sent everything sideways.

I have a hard time believing that GZ just shot him in cold blood right next to all of those windows, and knowing LE was arriving any moment. Something triggered the shooting. But what? We know they were rolling around the ground at some point, so how did that happen?

Who started the physical confrontation? I do not see any evidence yet that it was absolutely GZ who did so.

GOOD POST :clap: :clap:
He was not out to shoot...that is why he did not.
SOMETHING HAPPEND.

If he had shot TM right away, he would have zilch, nadda nothing in the line to use as a defense. Of course he didn't shoot him right away. He was advised to NOT EVEN follow him. Did he listen? Nope.

(quotes are broke)

George shot Trayvon. That is a fact. How on this green earth is anyone disputing this? George shot Trayvon dead. :( My heart hurts. :(

:seeya: octobermoon :blowkiss:

if Tracy Martin filed a missing person's report the next day, I would think the police would produce a picture of his son at the morgue to see if that was his son.

I do not believe for a minute that the police did not tell them that their son was at the morgue until three days later.

http://www.themadisontimes.com/news_details.php?news_id=1875

Something about the Martin family's story stinks.

RBBM - I'm pretty sure that was a media source misreporting that information.
http://www.examiner.com/unsolved-ca...ys-as-john-doe-after-mom-reported-him-missing
~"It is unclear why ABC News reported that Trayvon's body was left in the morgue for three days, classified as "John Doe."~

I couldn't actually find it in those documents - sorry - but I would say that it's a matter of interpretation just what the children were doing.

I think there's a pattern of trying to make normal things sound sinister. In one call, someone is reported for knocking on the door. Boys playing basketball near the pool is a 911 offense? People wearing tank tops and shorts? For some of those it's hard to tell just what offense George is trying to report.

Not all of the calls were to 911, only 17. Most of the calls were to the non-emergency number. The kids playing basketball and jumping over the fence to go into the pool area (June 2009) was called in to the non-emergency number.

IMO, he is just describing what the "subs" are wearing, not complaining about what they are wearing.

Did anyone notice that the April 2011 call involved (apparently) a child walking to school on a busy street unsupervised and GZ was concerned for the child's welfare?

Yes, I think he called LE a lot. But I don't believe that's evidence of intent to kill TM.

I just can't get out of my mind the time I called the non-emergency number to report seeing lights in the water. I just couldn't live with myself if, the next day, I'd read of a car going off the road and into the water. The dispatcher told me they were working on the bridge and I probably just saw construction lights. I felt like an idiot. But, still, would have been devastated if I learned the next day that someone went into the water and drowned and I hadn't called.

Now comparing Zimmerman's tendency to go overboard with 911 calls and people failing to call to report child rape or murder is not a fair comparison.

Some of his reports are of the mind your own business nature. But people minding their own business when it comes to child rape and murder is a completely different animal that does not really come into play in this discussion.

IMO, the connection comes when people decide it is not worthwhile to get involved.They see something suspicious but it's not their problem. Maybe it is nothing....maybe it's just minor vandalism...maybe it's the prelude to a rape. How do we know?
IMO it comes into play in this discussion because sometimes over-zealous watchfulness is the price we pay for neighborhood VOLUNTEERS trying to keep the area safe. I'm not condoning or even discusing the shooting here...just the criticisms of GZ's "watchfulness." If I were living alone in that neighborhood and there had been breakins...I might consider him someone TOO involved, but I would have slept better for it.

People get fed up with crime.In addition to being afraid, they are tired of losing things they worked hard for. Do they value the neighbor who just decides to be blind to everything...do they hate the over zealous Watcher? I think many would be grateful to such a volunteer even if they thought he was a bit over the top.

And that right now is the $100,000. question. We have seen absolutely no confirmation of who or when or how Trayvon's was found, taken, returned, etc.

The physical location of Trayvon's phone is a complete mystery.

I've been wondering today that maybe during the course of the scuffle that maybe a button was pushed here or a picture taken there? IDK - maybe even the recording button was pushed and that's why the phone has been strangely un-talked about. IDK

JMHO

We do know the phone made its way into the lawyer Crump's hands. It was the family and their attorneys that unlocked it and figured out and diagrammed the last calls. There is no evidence that the police did anything in way of checking the phone. Apparantly they just gave it to the family. Had they tried to get the contents of the phone -- which you would think they would do in a homicide investigation -- they would have at least figured out who TM was talking to in the minutes before he was killed.

(quotes are broke)

George shot Trayvon. That is a fact. How on this green earth is anyone disputing this? George shot Trayvon dead. :( My heart hurts. :(

Right, that is not in dispute. But what made him pull the trigger at that moment? LE was on the way and he know that. And he was standing beside a dozen windows where people were home just feet away. So why after all of that noise and chaos and screaming and witnesses yelling at them from their apartments----WHY would he pull that trigger?

The only thing that makes any sense to me is that they were both fighting over control of the gun.

(quotes are broke)

Yes. He did and he admits to it. IIRC, it is in his statement. What is at question is whether he did so in self defense.

Right, that is not in dispute. But what made him pull the trigger at that moment? LE was on the way and he know that. And he was standing beside a dozen windows where people were home just feet away. So why after all of that noise and chaos and screaming and witnesses yelling at them from their apartments----WHY would he pull that trigger?

The only thing that makes any sense to me is that they were both fighting over control of the gun.

I agree. I think there's a very good chance they were fighting over GZ's gun.

Why did hid dd say TM was found 100 yards away? Was it 100 yards or 70 yards?

I agree. I think there's a very good chance they were fighting over GZ's gun.

And I think it is totally appropriate for him to be charged with manslaughter and have to prove that it was self defense,and not a case of negligent manslaughter.

But it really bothers me that people are painting this as a brutal racist cold blooded killer. That is totally unwarranted and only furthers the racial divide, imo.

And that right now is the $100,000. question. We have seen absolutely no confirmation of who or when or how Trayvon's was found, taken, returned, etc.

The physical location of Trayvon's phone is a complete mystery.

I've been wondering today that maybe during the course of the scuffle that maybe a button was pushed here or a picture taken there? IDK - maybe even the recording button was pushed and that's why the phone has been strangely un-talked about. IDK

JMHO

IF IF IF Trayvons phone did hold any evidence at all.
DO you think the police would not have arrested?
I don’t. I pray NOT!

I think that it looked like it was a scuffle and they were too darn lazy.

And I think it is totally appropriate for him to be charged with manslaughter and have to prove that it was self defense,and not a case of negligent manslaughter.

But it really bothers me that people are painting this as a brutal racist cold blooded killer. That is totally unwarranted and only furthers the racial divide, imo.

Are people really calling this a brutal racist cold blooded killing? I mean anyone of note? Of course there are wackos on either side -- but who is calling him a cold-blooded killer? And GZ does not have to be a racist to be a racial profiler. What the family is saying is they want justice, they want an investigation, an arrest -- let a jury decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab