17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Trayvon go to Target? I didn't see a gas station or little store on the google earth map. It looked all residential with a school across from the complex and a shopping center to the left of the school.
Trayvon went to a 7-Eleven - the closest one is west of the subdivision, down Rinehart Road in front of the Sam's. Unlike many convenience stores, it does not have gas pumps and it is at the end of a strip of stores. If you want to Google it, it's at 1125 Rinehart Road, Sanford, Florida. The Target GZ was going to is at 1201 WP Ball Boulevard Sanford, FL.

You're right about the possibility of a cover-up. And I know that GZ's following TM is a factor, but, unfortunately, not in the eyes of the law. All this talk about whether GZ was going to Targe for milk or milk + other groceries, is 60 degrees cold, I wonder what any of that will mean in the end. Even whether GZ had a broken nose or not is not really that important. The case will center around what happened in that one minute before the shot went off.

Family, friends and whoever stated GZ was going to Target may have done so believing he was and giving GZ a reason to be in his vehicle at that time.

Trayvon went to a 7-Eleven - the closest one is west of the subdivision, down Rinehart Road in front of the Sam's. Unlike many convenience stores, it does not have gas pumps and it is at the end of a strip of stores. If you want to Google it, it's at 1125 Rinehart Road, Sanford, Florida. The Target GZ was going to is at 1201 WP Ball Boulevard Sanford, FL.
Ok, thanks, I thought that was S Oregon.

They knew who it was about 12 hours after death. I don't see the significance. The main thing in this autopsy is the bullet wound, other wounds on the body -- not whether the person had heart disease or was a longtime drug user.
From the minute I heard that 911 tape I just hoped the Medical Examiner looked under the skin of his neck for damage that might not have shown up as bruising.

I think most of Trayvon's body should have been checked that way, at least the arms and legs.

If the ME had not been allowed to contact the family they might have not known this was not just a case of some street who nobody cared about who attacked a man. They might have looked a little closer then normal.

All IMO.

Of all the lies and disinformation that have been alleged to have come out of the mouths of GZ's representatives -- there is only one that really matters. And it is only IMO that this is a lie. That is that TM hit GZ, or initiated an assault in any other manner. I believe GZ is making that part up. I believe GZ was the first to initiate a physical confrontation, by grabbing this person who he thought was a bad guy in an attempt to hold him for police. In reality, I think that's when TM popped him and the struggle ensued. Since GZ put his hands on TM first (IMO) is why I think he should be arrested and charged.

You know it is really something in the dark and the rain Zimmerman was able to guess the age of a 6'.3 kid so close. He said he was in his late teens. Wonder what gave that away?

I can see calling LE but not following people. If you follow someone you are creating another hazard.

Ok, I read the reports because when it doesn't sound right, investigate. Almost all of these calls are calls a courtesy officer at an apartment community would make. 99% involve apartments, Pebble Creek being one, there is no other explanation - it is doubtful he was driving through apartments looking for people receiving notes on their doors and calling in pool parties. Looking at the records, he's probably been a courtesy officer since 2005. Reporting open garage doors and knocking on resident's doors are definitely things a CO would do. Courtesy Officers go along to do evictions with management in case there's a dispute. Why am I not surprised this wasn't looked into more? What was SPD's reason for releasing these calls in the first place? They are hardly sinister. I just don't get why it is necessary to make a horrible situation worse.

How was he "following" the guy on the dirt bike. Is there a code for "following" on these reports?
Nothing about "following" the guy cutting people off, the call lasted 2 minutes.

One of his calls "constantly different people in 1097 - this is a sign of a dealers apartment. Very common report by courtesy officer and is encouraged by management.

Did anyone notice his call to let LE know a 7-9 year old was walking alone on a busy street?

JMO

<modsnip>

I have not been convinced that what Zimmerman did was racially motivated. I think the more we've learned about his past behaviour like the multiple times he's apparently followed people he's called the police on, and even the number of times he's called the police over the years should be telling us so much more about him than any racial issues. It tells us he wants to be the hero, the life/property saver thing going on.

Heck, i'm 50 something years old, I've lived in 2 countries and multiple states through out my life, I'm nosey as hell and I sure wouldn't hesitate to call the police if I felt it was needed, and I have on a few occasions...but seriously....46 times and he's not even in his 30's yet? It just feels like it's too much....over the top and I feel this hero need he has, has led him to the situation he's in now.

I feel the racism issue has more to do with some within the local LE and state attorneys office and even possibly a witness or two.

Just my opinions...nothing more and nothing less.

How much information do we have with respect to these incidents?

I simply have to ask as there have been 3 times I have reported a driver either having a medical episode/maybe drunk. I have to state maybe as I have never been privey to what the outcome of the cause of the erratic driving.

Each time I have been on a freeway with no exit for a number of miles with no way to exit. Each time I have been advised to keep a distance and remain on the phone with the 911 operator as there was simply no other place to go.

Is it possible that no information has been given to the parents with the new investigation? These parents are out of their minds with grief and can't expect to be right on point with every statement they make.

She makes it clear in the video. My notes were just highlights. It probably goes without saying they aren't getting much info on the present investigation...although I do think there has been some dialogue between attorneys and SP - and I think it has to do with the racial slur not being there.

You know it is really something in the dark and the rain Zimmerman was able to guess the age of a 6'.3 kid so close. He said he was in his late teens. Wonder what gave that away?

Remember at one point Trayvon started toward Zimmerman, but I don't remember at which point in the 911 call he says he's a teen, before or after.

Early on, I believe it was Zimmerman's father who said that his son was a mentor to young black kids? I think it's great if he was... but no one ever came forward to say he was? There's no pictures that have been released with him mentoring young black kids? What kind of organization did he go through to mentor these kids? I honestly believe if George was ever a mentor to young black kids, there would be some photographs with him and these kids and they would proudly be displayed on all the media stations?

Now we have dad saying George was also an advocate for the black community during the Collison case? I seen the letter, but I didn't see any flyers? Did anyone else see the flyers and is there any way to tell that they were actually made during the time of the Collison case? Anyone can make up a flyer on their computer?

I think it would be wonderful if George did these things... but I'm having a hard time believing it because I don't understand why it's just coming out now about the Collison case? Wouldn't it have been brought up a long time ago when the information about him mentoring young black kids came out?

The timing just seems... off?

Ok, I read the reports because when it doesn't sound right, investigate. Almost all of these calls are calls a courtesy officer at an apartment community would make. 99% involve apartments, Pebble Creek being one, there is no other explanation - it is doubtful he was driving through apartments looking for people receiving notes on their doors and calling in pool parties. Looking at the records, he's probably been a courtesy officer since 2005. Reporting open garage doors and knocking on resident's doors are definitely things a CO would do. Courtesy Officers go along to do evictions with management in case there's a dispute. Why am I not surprised this wasn't looked into more? What was SPD's reason for releasing these calls in the first place? They are hardly sinister. I just don't get why it is necessary to make a horrible situation worse.

How was he "following" the guy on the dirt bike. Is there a code for "following" on these reports?
Nothing about "following" the guy cutting people off, the call lasted 2 minutes.

One of his calls "constantly different people in 1097 - this is a sign of a dealers apartment. Very common report by courtesy officer and is encouraged by management.

Did anyone notice his call to let LE know a 7-9 year old was walking alone on a busy street?

JMO

That's great, but the post was referencing Zimmerman specifically FOLLOWING someone in several instances. This is relevant because it appears he may of been following Trayvon. The fact that he was following people he deemed reckless who were in moving vehicles making himself also a possible danger to others shows a disregard for others safety. Goes back to "we don't need you to do that".

JMO

Am I missing something? George Zimmerman was a courtesy officer? Employed by whom?

This thread will be closing in about 5 minutes until the morning shifts signs on which is about 4 or 5 hours from now.

Please consider looking in on some Unidentified or Cold Cases. They could use the help of our creative night owls. :grouphug:

:seeya:

Thank you, and sorry for calling you on it. :)

I understand where your coming from, but for me it's the little details that bring things together. Devils in the details as the saying goes. In my house running out for milk means we are out of milk and that is what we are doing and will be back in a few minutes. Going to do our grocery shopping means we're going grocery shopping and we'll be back later.

When someone is giving a run down on what they were doing isn't it just as easy to say either one? It's how I gauge if someone is being honest and forthright.

Not sure I am explaining that well enough but in my mind it makes sense. :)

I agree with you. To me, it looks RZ Sr is trying to emphasize that GZ was on a regular weekly routine and not out there lurking/praying, hoping to ensnare a suspicious (in his mind only)stranger as part of his neighborhood watch routine.
And I strongly suspect the motive for that elaborate embellished info., that even included a phone call to sis, is to torpedo an anticipated HOA litigation suit. One has to take care of their neighbors, like Mr Taaffe and others..
In view that such neighbors could be questioned by the FBI about any unusual behaviors by GZ.
Like you said. The devil is in the details.

Here is a scenario that IMO agrees with the witnesses, evidence, timeline and police report as we have them at this point. Disclaimer -- This is MOO and speculation only:

A physical fight has begun. TM has the upper hand and is on top. GZ's head hits the sidewalk a couple of times. They are grappling violently on the ground. Both men are vocalizing loudly. GZ sees the bystander (witness) and calls out for him to help. Bystander yells at "him" (who?) "to stop" but keeps his distance from the fighting men. Says he is calling 911 and leaves the scene to do so. GZ and TM are now alone. Struggle continues and escalates to the tipping point. GZ shoots TM at close range, abruptly ending the fight. TM stands or staggers for a moment as GZ scrambles to his feet. TM, mortally wounded, crumples or falls to the ground face down. GZ then straddles TM (perhaps pinning him for his own safety just in case?) and checks TM for a weapon and/or signs of life, etc. Witnesses immediately begin to emerge/gather. LE arrives at the scene almost instantly, as a unit was already on its way due to GZ's earlier call to report a suspicious person.

Not saying I believe that is what happened, and I am not on anyone's "side." IMO, without more factual evidence to consider, none of us can know with any certainty in this climate of heated rhetoric, misinformation and hysteria. Just explaining one example of how TM could end up face down after being shot, with GZ standing over or straddling him in the moments after he went down. JMO

IMO That is exactly the same as what I have put together.IMO GZ will not be arrested nor should he be.Let's see what happens when they show the evidence to prove he should not be arrested.IMO It will be ugly but the National Guard will make sure to be in place before they announce anything to try to protect the citizens JMO.No way will the buses and local black communities believe the decision is the right one even if they have the whole thing on videos from the condo community.JMO but on many boards no matter what some just want to here C@@NS coming from GZ, want this to be a hate crime instead of it being exactly what it was.JMO.We all are speculating but things like premeditated murder IMO is really stretching it to far.No one knows what the police have or have not done.IMO This case will have far reaching effects on us all.JMO

IMO That is exactly the same as what I have put together.IMO GZ will not be arrested nor should he be.Let's see what happens when they show the evidence to prove he should not be arrested.IMO It will be ugly but the National Guard will make sure to be in place before they announce anything to try to protect the citizens JMO.No way will the buses and local black communities believe the decision is the right one even if they have the whole thing on videos from the condo community.JMO but on many boards no matter what some just want to here C@@NS coming from GZ, want this to be a hate crime instead of it being exactly what it was.JMO.We all are speculating but things like premeditated murder IMO is really stretching it to far.No one knows what the police have or have not done.IMO This case will have far reaching effects on us all.JMO

I disagree at least with the evidence that we have. Look forward to the grand jury getting a good look at things. Either way may real justice be served.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike