17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just wondering where the impartial jury is coming from.

I'm mad! I can't get anything to give me the live feed... let me know what is being said please!

ETA: Finally got it! Sorry!

It appears that they are happy with the charges? Am I getting this right? I just finally got it to work?

Attorney Crump---

"We can take a short breath, because we are just now getting to first base. We are on first base in this game of justice.

We have to remain vigilent, we have to stretch our muscles, exercise everyday to make it to second base.

And that will be...we got to deal with this stand your ground issue. And then once we pass that we got to get to third base which is the trial.

And then after we get to the trial, make sure all the evidence is delivered properly and fairly for both sides for everybody and then only then we can come from third base and bring it on home to justice.

I am just wondering where the impartial jury is coming from.

As sad as it is to say it, it is probably not going to be as hard as many news junkies believe to get twelve people who don't watch the news and don't read anything. I know since I work with at least four such in my department.

One thing she said that bothers me, she said that Wolfinger wasn't done investigating this case when she came on. I thought he wrote it off as justified ? Isn't that what was told to TM parents ? I'm having a problem believing this..:waitasec:

I'm having the same problem...JMHO

Isn't double jeopardy when you're already been acquitted but then there's another trial on somewhat similar charges regarding the same case. I think there may be several alternative charges in a single trial.
You can face multiple charges at trial, but they have to be substantially different. This is covered in a SCOTUS ruling via Blockburger v. United States. It was recently upheld again by the SCOTUS in Rutledge v. United States.

This may be easier for some to understand, here is the meaning of second degree murder.

[SIZE=-1]b) As to second degree murder:Unlawfully by an act imminently dangerous to another, and evincing a depraved mind, regardless of human life; that is to say, by firing her or his shotgun into the store of (or by striking with an adz, as the case may be) but without a premeditated design to effect the death of any particular person, did kill in said county.
[/SIZE]

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...rder&URL=0900-0999/0923/Sections/0923.03.html

From Myfoxtampabay.com 2nd degree murder carries minimum 16 yrs to life. The Mayor of Sanford is going to give a presser as well.

I'm not sure this was ever a manslaughter case, to be honest. It seems like either Zimmerman just didn't give a damn, or he was acting in legitimate self-defense. There really was no negligence or "accidence."

I would hope so.

I was just asking because the reporters on the jacksonville feed were saying people were not "thrilled" with the charges and I thought they were talking about Trayvon's parents... I'm glad to see it is not Trayvon's parents who are not the ones unhappy with the charges.

Attorney Crump---

"We can take a short breath, because we are just now getting to first base. We are on first base in this game of justice.

We have to remain vigilent, we have to stretch our muscles, exercise everyday to make it to second base.

And that will be...we got to deal with this stand your ground issue. And then once we pass that we got to get to third base which is the trial.

And then after we get to the trial, make sure all the evidence is delivered properly and fairly for both sides for everybody and then only then we can come from third base and bring it on home to justice.
Well, this lost me there, in stomping for 'the great cause'. What am I missing here??? They got GZ charged with murder. Now they are going to go on and on about it forever???? What is this about, really?

I've been watching on HLN. I loved what the parents said. The rest are just self-righteous preeners, IMO. Annoying as all get out.

Now that I'm hearing second degree murder, my heart breaks thinking of the details that are going to come out about how Trayvon was murdered. I cry every single time I think of how terrified he must have been. There really isn't a place in hell hot enough for GZ.

IMO

I think it's time for GZ to save himself and confess to what happened that night. Knowing how arrogant he is he won't do that. The truth will come out at trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member