17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really know his background but it could be a reasonable doubt neighbor like George from a neighborhood meeting, something he said or approved. He might have said something that would antagonize GZ to the point it became, like info on the previous robberies or B&E's? But maybe it's his time in the news to cya or both their butts? Haven't any idea if so. At the start he might have felt important, now it could be defending his stand. Time will tell..

I don't know the motivation for people wanting to be on television in cases like these? I really don't understand it? Especially if you don't even really know that person? I've seen it... and it's almost like they feel entitled to a story they have to tell... which makes me wish that John Allen would come out and say "What story? You have no story in this?" Like he did to Joy Wray!

I have a question maybe someone here can help me with. Is there a way to tell if tm died instantly through his autopsy?? tia if anyone can answer this.

You and Magnolia have asked lately about *did he die instantly*. I cringe even responding, but once the autopsy is published, there are some that are on this thread who have helped in other cases that might enlighten us. But we must wait for the report so folks can interpret it.

This is what I get for not watching JVM, Nancy Grace, Anderson Cooper, Dr. Drew and whoever these "friends of George's" are talking to. I have no idea who and what this Joe Oliver is about? I'm more focused on real statements from George Zimmerman himself!

MOO

Oh, it's a must see! Youtube it! Grab some popcorn and maybe a few beers first. :drink:

Okay, I can speak from personal experience here- I was hit by a car at age 13, and lived to tell about it. I did NOT run out into the street, in fact, I was in a crosswalk when it happened. It completely was the driver's fault (a highschooler who was speeding) who hit me and it was a hit & run. I think he was caught. I was already in the crosswalk when it happened on my way to school right across the street from my house. Happened first thing in the morning, so I was tired. When I realized the bumper was coming extremely fast toward me, I couldn't think "RUN", all I could think was "WALK FAST!!!" (I was like a deer caught in the headlights) I wasn't able to get out of the way in time, I blacked out as I was hit and came to in mid-air, and again after I landed on the ground.I still today have no actual memory of the moment of impact. I was told that I hit the hood of the car and flew off.
Even if a child were to run out into the street, it is completely the responsibility of the driver (a car is a weapon) to attempt to stop/brake in time!!!

Thank God you survived that incident. The most gruesome thing I have ever seen was a car vs two adult pedestrians in a crosswalk. They stepped off the curb right in front of a car without even looking. Witness's said that they were in a very animate conversation with each other and just walked right in front of the car. They went under the car and all their limbs where bent in the wrong direction. It happened in a flash with no way for the driver to even touch his brakes.

Oh, it's a must see! Youtube it! Grab some popcorn and maybe a few beers first. :drink:

Oh, I have some White Cheddar Popcorn and beer just to read this forum!! I might need some serious liquor to watch all that other stuff!! :floorlaugh:

Thank God you survived that incident. The most gruesome thing I have ever seen was a car vs two adult pedestrians in a crosswalk. They stepped off the curb right in front of a car without even looking. Witness's said that they were in a very animate conversation with each other and just walked right in front of the car. They went under the car and all their limbs where bent in the wrong direction. It happened in a flash with no way for the driver to even touch his brakes.

That must have been horrible to see it happen in real time! :what:

Okay... so Joe's wife is friends with George's wife's mother? So he is not even friends with George? Like friends... friends? Like watching a football game together friends?

IMO, watching a football game together friends is as deep as it goes. No more.

My Aunt was killed after stepping out in front of a car. She had just lost her husband of 51 years and was not the same after he died... I don't think she meant to walk out in front of the car... I just think she lived her life in a daze after he passed.

I'm sorry you had to witness that! I've witnessed a few accidents (motorcycles/cars pedestrian/cars) myself and it really is horrific!

That must have been horrible to see it happen in real time! :what:

I didn't see it happen in real time but I heard the impact, people screaming and ran outside to see what happened. And then I saw the bodies.

This is horrible about the pedestrians being run over and I feel badly for the people and it must be a painful memory but what does it have to do with this case?

I didn't see it happen in real time but I heard the impact, people screaming and ran outside to see what happened. And then I saw the bodies.

I came up on a body once... laying in the middle of the street and I thought someone was playing a horrible trick on drivers until I creeped up on it slowly and seen that it was a real person laying in the street. It had to have happened seconds before because it seemed like the only people there was me and the body... but I did see people calling 911 at the gas station. I had to stand in the middle of the road... as there was oncoming traffic and I didn't want him to get hit again... he was still breathing, but his body was completely twisted in ways that you just knew not to touch him because he would have died instantly. Blood was literally pouring out of his cracked helmet!

I read in the newspaper the next day that he had been going 96 mph in a 35mph zone and an old man turned in front of him and it was just all over from there.

I will never forget that! I've never rode a motorcycle because of it!

Tonight we'll discuss the Travon Martin case with Sheryl McCollum of the Cold Case Investigative Research Institute.

Also we have a very special Guest on the show. Lynn Jones is the wife of Steve Jones. Their son Steven died in 2000 and they believe he was murdered. Since then Steve Jones has taken to the Internet to express his outrage at the people he feels is responsible for Steven's death. Now, Steve Jones is missing. Did arguments on discussion forums have anything to do with his disappearance? We'll try and find out tonight with Lynn

LISTEN HERE AT 8 PM EASTERN

Oh dear, I am just seeing this! Is there any way that as :websleuther: can sign up to get notifications as I see this posting was 90 minutes before showtime...........and I'm seeing first hours later. I know y'all schedule, just not sure where on websleuths it's announced as I go (well my computer does!) straight to one thread and bypasses the main page. TIA to mods for answering this in advance.

This is horrible about the pedestrians being run over and I feel badly for the people and it must be a painful memory but what does it have to do with this case?

what I want to know is who's trying to sell us popcorn and watch football in the middle of all these horrifying car accidents?

:grouphug: to all.

I don't know the motivation for people wanting to be on television in cases like these? I really don't understand it? Especially if you don't even really know that person? I've seen it... and it's almost like they feel entitled to a story they have to tell... which makes me wish that John Allen would come out and say "What story? You have no story in this?" Like he did to Joy Wray!

BBM. Loved this! He mopped the floor with her. Oh yeah, Taffe needs this.

what I want to know is who's trying to sell us popcorn and watch football in the middle of all these horrifying car accidents?

Aren't you supposed to be dragging the cats to supposed points? Why are we here?

I was responding to this post as to whose fault it was- the driver or the pedestrian as an analogy to GZ's actions. I related my own case of being hit, in which it was completely the driver's fault, as I see it is also GZ's fault for carrying a loaded weapon and a car can be a weapon.
Jeanna T said:
It's a perspective of what caused what here, and I think reasonable people can disagree.

Same with the analogy of the child getting killed by being run over. You can disagree, and be reasonable, that it was his running into the street that caused it, or you can be reasonable in a perspective that it was the car running over him that killed him.

You can say Trayvon is dead because GZ followed him, or you can say Trayvon is dead because a physical altercation started, which may very well have been begun by Travyon.

Phrasing it differently, and continuing to state that if GZ had stayed in his car Trayvon wouldn't be dead won't change the perspective of those who believe (and the law is on our side) that it's not a crime to follow someone and he was within the law to do that.

At some point here, we're going to have to decide that each perspective is valid, it just depends on how you view the world and causal relationships.

Every once in a while... we can all relate on a level. :floorlaugh: It is car accidents and football tonight. :floorlaugh: GO BUCS!! (As in Tampa Bay Buccaneers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici