17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone mentioned here, I think (maybe you? lol - it's late!), that the AMA alert seems to refer to a felony probation violation that calls for a special hearing when certain convicted felons are charged with probation violations of any nature. But the charging code is the statute number. An example of the charge and the code in a completely unrelated case is at the link.

Idk what the .08 charge code is all about. Maybe it's a "placeholder" so that if he is convicted the judge will order probation with an AMA Alert requirement. That's the only possible explanation I'm coming up with right now. If he was on felony probation at the time of the shooting I think he would have been arrested for a probation violation for the concealed carry right then or, certainly, at a minimum, we would have heard about the probation in the MSM.jmo

http://pascosheriff.com/webapps/IMS500R.pgm?TASK=disp&rrn=000172725&rnd=45135

AMA
NO BOND SET DUE TO ANTI MURDER ACT On that link of yours. Probably just makes sure there is no mistake and he bonds out before a hearing.

I am Neighborhood Watch, I will repeat-I do NOT patrol. If when I am walking in my neighborhood, driving by something suspicious, or looking out my window, or hear something unusual I will call my local LE and report it. That's the extent of it.

And that is what GZ did. He did not follow Trayvon. He did not assault and murder Trayvon, knowing the Police could arrive at and catch him in the act. JMO.

Florida's Anti-Murder Act

Florida's Anti-Murder Act limits a judge's ability to grant bond in felony violation of probation cases if the probationer is on probation for a Sexually Motivated Offense or qualifies as a Violent Felony Offender of Special Concern.

http://www.richardhornsby.com/criminal/probation/anti-murder-act.html

Qualifying Offense

A “qualifying offense” for purposes of the Anti-Murder Act is a previous conviction or commission of any of the following offenses:

Abuse of a Dead Human Body
Aggravated Assault
Aggravated Battery or Attempted Aggravated Battery
Aggravated Stalking
Aircraft Piracy
Arson or Attempted Arson
Burglary of a Dwelling or Attempted Burglary of a Dwelling
Computer *advertiser censored*
Transmission of Child *advertiser censored*
Selling or Buying of Minors
Kidnapping or Attempted Kidnapping
False Imprisonment of a Child under Age of 13
Luring or Enticing a Child
Lewd and Lascivious Offenses
Lewd or Lascivious Battery or Attempted Lewd or Lascivious Battery
Lewd or Lascivious Molestation
Lewd or lascivious Conduct
Lewd or Lascivious Exhibition
Lewd or lascivious exhibition on computer under s. 847.0135(5)(b).
Lewd or Lascivious Offenses involving the Elderly or Disabled
Homicide
Murder or Attempted Murder
Attempted Felony Murder
Manslaughter
Poisoning Food or Water
Robbery or Attempted Robbery
Carjacking or Attempted Carjacking
Home Invasion Robbery or Attempted Home Invasion Robbery
Sexual Battery or Attempted Sexual Battery
Sexual Performance by a Child or Attempted Sexual Performance by a Child
Treason
Unlawful Throwing, Placing, or Discharging of a Destructive Device or Bomb

And that is what GZ did. He did not follow Trayvon. He did not assault and murder Trayvon, knowing the Police could arrive at and catch him in the act. JMO.
That's your opinion, not fact. I believe that's exactly what he did. He admitted to the 911 dispatcher on tape, that he was following TM, when he was politely told not to. I think he did assault and murder TM, and apparently the prosecutor thinks its also murder, as she filed 2nd degree murder charges. Why would she file those if she didn't have the evidence to make it stick???
He did know the police were on their way, and he wanted to be a hero and hand over the "criminal", only TM wasn't a criminal- had no weapon or stolen property on him, only candy and Iced Tea he purchased!!!

AMA
NO BOND SET DUE TO ANTI MURDER ACT On that link of yours. Probably just makes sure there is no mistake and he bonds out before a hearing.

Thanks. I should have known. Anti-Murder-Act doesn't click with me I guess.

AMA stands for something. I think it's some kind of code for internal use at the jail. The numbers used under "statute" don't coincide with real Florida statutes.

If you look at GZ's booking report, it has 00.08 listed under the statute with the charge description being AMA alert. It is a mystery fo' sho'.

I was a page back and clicked on the number to go to the next page and it took me to a myspace page that said oops and other stuff.

Could it be that Trayvon knew Zimmerman was Neighborhood Watch? According to this, in Seminole County Fl., the neighborhood watch patrols had marked patrol vehicles.

http://www.seminolesheriff.org/external/InfoSitepage.aspx?pageID=186

I live near Sanford. Citizens On Patrol is very different from Neighborhood Watch. With Neighborhood Watch, there are no patrols, neighbors simply look out for their neighborhood and report suspicious activity. In my city the NW group is given a code to use when we call to report suspicious activity. There are no marked cars and they are not an "arm" of LE, just neighbors looking out for one another.

Citizens On Patrol is a group of citizens who undertake specific training to patrol areas in refurbished LE vehicles that are clearly marked Citizens On Patrol. They patrol all areas of the city, do not carry weapons, and report any suspicious activity to LE. In my city they also cite illegally parked cars, among other fairly mundane duties but mainly they patrol and are an "arm" of LE. It is thought that the clearly marked cars deter crime.

Florida's Anti-Murder Act

Florida's Anti-Murder Act limits a judge's ability to grant bond in felony violation of probation cases if the probationer is on probation for a Sexually Motivated Offense or qualifies as a Violent Felony Offender of Special Concern.

http://www.richardhornsby.com/criminal/probation/anti-murder-act.html

Qualifying Offense

A “qualifying offense” for purposes of the Anti-Murder Act is a previous conviction or commission of any of the following offenses:

Abuse of a Dead Human Body
Aggravated Assault
Aggravated Battery or Attempted Aggravated Battery
Aggravated Stalking
Aircraft Piracy
Arson or Attempted Arson
Burglary of a Dwelling or Attempted Burglary of a Dwelling
Computer *advertiser censored*
Transmission of Child *advertiser censored*
Selling or Buying of Minors
Kidnapping or Attempted Kidnapping
False Imprisonment of a Child under Age of 13
Luring or Enticing a Child
Lewd and Lascivious Offenses
Lewd or Lascivious Battery or Attempted Lewd or Lascivious Battery
Lewd or Lascivious Molestation
Lewd or lascivious Conduct
Lewd or Lascivious Exhibition
Lewd or lascivious exhibition on computer under s. 847.0135(5)(b).
Lewd or Lascivious Offenses involving the Elderly or Disabled
Homicide
Murder or Attempted Murder
Attempted Felony Murder
Manslaughter
Poisoning Food or Water
Robbery or Attempted Robbery
Carjacking or Attempted Carjacking
Home Invasion Robbery or Attempted Home Invasion Robbery
Sexual Battery or Attempted Sexual Battery
Sexual Performance by a Child or Attempted Sexual Performance by a Child
Treason
Unlawful Throwing, Placing, or Discharging of a Destructive Device or Bomb

Yes, I saw Rhornsby's website that describes the Anti-Murder-Act. I looked at some other sites to get an idea what it meant in regards to this case. I don't see any connection. JMO.

ETA: Congrats on hitting 5 digit posts.

I think Natasha is being used as an example of how easily a brain can be injured and often with no visable marks on the outside. My husband had a head injury several years back and still suffers from memory loss and mood swings to name a few. His doctors explained to me the inside the skull there are small pointy jagged bones and when your head is jarred, hit or shaken the brain can move hitting into those small points. I wish that I could remember all of the correct names and terms the doctors used, but its late and I am tired. lol Anyway, a brain can be injured or bruised easily and the damage lasts forever.

I didn't mean to jump in to answer your question, just wanted to tell you what I know about a head injury.

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband! :grouphug: :blowkiss:

I just don’t understand comparing Natasha, who died from a traumatic brain injury, to George, who claims to have had a head injury (to support his SYG excuse imo) but so far there’s no proof. Also, paramedics cleared George at the scene while Natasha refused to let them take her to the hospital, so to me that means according to paramedics George was okay but Natasha was not. I’m just not seeing any similarities for comparison. :) All jmo.

I don't know exactly what happened. From the call I do know that GZ did follow Trayvon though. Remember the "we do not need you to do that"?

One of the posters here contacted abc chicago and as I recall they responded to him that it was a mistake. There was no 911 call from TM.

It was rossva, iirc.

Here is a possibility on the Anti Murder Act they have on his arrest report.

Maybe he has an arrest record in another state they just found?

http://www.fleminglawgroup.com/articles/anti-murder-act.htm

any offense committed in another jurisdiction which would be an offense listed in this paragraph if that offense had been committed in this state.Readers are encouraged, however, to reference the specific statutory sections for the above list, since there are some fairly specific exceptions. For example, the AMA does not apply to acts of sexual battery with no force or violence.

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband! :grouphug: :blowkiss:

I just don’t understand comparing Natasha, who died from a traumatic brain injury, to George, who claims to have had a head injury (to support his SYG excuse imo) but so far there’s no proof. Also, paramedics cleared George at the scene while Natasha refused to let them take her to the hospital, so to me that means according to paramedics George was okay but Natasha was not. I’m just not seeing any similarities for comparison. :) All jmo.

George also refused to go to the hospital, so the paramedics had no choice but to clear him. He could have also died, but I'm thinking he decided to take that chance because he wanted to clear his name.JMO

George also refused to go to the hospital, so the paramedics had no choice but to clear him. He could have also died, but I'm thinking he decided to take that chance because he wanted to clear his name.JMO
No, they would NOT have cleared him, they would have documented that treatment was recommended, and he refused Against Medical Advice!
I can say this for fact, because I worked in healthcare for 13 years!
And how is refusing to go to the hospital clearing his name????

Who said he refused to go to the hospital? All I saw was he received treatment in the back of the patrol car.

Who said he refused to go to the hospital? All I saw was he received treatment in the back of the patrol car.

That has been a part of the storyline since this first came out. I believe it was the Police who stated that he was treated in the back of a patrol car, and refused to go to the hospital.

I like member ecs5298 posts when it come's to question's about Paramedics.
**WS verified Paramedic here**

The paramedic could insist all he wants but if GZ is alert and oriented to person, place and time he has the right to refuse all or portions of treatment or transportation. To touch the patient otherwise would be assault and battery and to transport the patient would be kidnapping. Unless GZ was incapacitated to the point where the paramedics were to believe that he was unable to make prudent decisions for himself, then they have to respect his wishes and not transport him to the hospital. He should be made aware of all the risks of refusing transport and made to sign a release of care prior to the paramedics clearing the scene. Without seeing the medical report, we are unable to ascertain whether they offered to bandage his wounds or if the bleeding from the wound had stopped. If GZ was insistent that the medics leave him alone, it is very possible that they assessed him, signed him off and cleared the scene.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7758662&postcount=93"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FL 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #17[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mccrhodes