17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really ? I haven't seen anything about paying for a subscription on that website :waitasec:

I think you are allowed to go there about 10 times or so and then they hit you with a bill, saying " You have been to our site X times and from now on it costs this much...."

FYI - The sun-sentinel.com carries the orlando sentinel articles also. The one Reader linked to above is an orlando sentinel article.

[By saying 'trial', I wonder if they are even going to have a SYG hearing or go straight to a trial?

~sbm

Thanks for the link.

Re the comment I snipped, maybe you already know this, but it is not up to the prosecutor whether there is a preliminary SYG hearing. So unless GZ's attorney has told them that he will not ask for one (which I think absolutely did not happen), there will be one.

FYI - The sun-sentinel.com carries the orlando sentinel articles also. The one Reader linked to above is an orlando sentinel article.

Thanks. Maybe I can view some stories there for a while before I have to pay. The Sun Sentinel is only charging $3.99 for an initial 5 week membership and later on only $9.99 every 5 weeks.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/about/membership/

~sbm

Thanks for the link.

Re the comment I snipped, maybe you already know this, but it is not up to the prosecutor whether there is a preliminary SYG hearing. So unless GZ's attorney has told them that he will not ask for one (which I think absolutely did not happen), there will be one.

Thanks, yes, I was aware that it was the defense that filed for the SYG hearing, but have seen this comment several times from the prosecution and they seemed fairly certain there would be a trial. Hopefully, they are correct!

I think you are allowed to go there about 10 times or so and then they hit you with a bill, saying " You have been to our site X times and from now on it costs this much...."

OK, its gotta be more than 10x though, because I've been there allot more than that.

Zimmerman Still In Jail Despite Bond Being Set

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47131890/ns/local_news-orlando_fl/

........Zimmerman’s attorney Mark O’Mara said his client’s family was not expecting such a high bond.

"It's a lot of money to come up with; $150,000 is a lot of collateral. This is not a family of much means. Obviously, I think we all know that from the bond hearing itself, so it's tough," O'Mara said...........they believe he could be out of jail by the middle of next week.

Thanks, yes, I was aware that it was the defense that filed for the SYG hearing, but have seen this comment several times from the prosecution and they seemed fairly certain there would be a trial. Hopefully, they are correct!

IF GZ asks to go before the judge under SYG he can.IMO He will ask and JMO he will be granted it.Then there would be no trial.

I'm not sure how many views you have to hit before your cut off. 10 seems way low. I was hitting their stories multiple times while I was organizing my bookmarks so I'm not sure of the number that puts someone over the top. The pop up say's this.
Join Now

Thank you for frequently visiting OrlandoSentinel.com. You have reached your allowance of free articles. To read more, we invite you to become an exclusive member, giving you unlimited access to our website and content.

Become a member. It's easy:

For digital-only access, you pay a low fee of $12.99 for an initial 5-week membership.*
If you get the Orlando Sentinel newspaper less than 7 days a week and/or you are an E-Edition (electronic replica edition) subscriber, you pay just $6.99 for an initial 5-week membership.*
Current 7-day Orlando Sentinel newspaper subscribers will receive a free membership to the website (just activate your free membership by clicking 'Next' below).

*By enrolling in one of the membership options above, you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions.

We remain committed to delivering your news, sports and entertainment, anyway you want it. Sign up now and start enjoying the benefits of membership.

Interesting information discovered by someone on a different forum!

The image of GZ's head with the injuries that was just released shows a jacket with a red collar and shoulders, gray sleeves with black or darker gray cuffs. Look at the 30 second mark on this ABC video:
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/zim...ive-photo-night-trayvon-martin-death-16178849

Now look at the video of GZ at the police station the night of the shooting, at just after the one minute mark:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/george-zimmerman-police-surveillance-16024475

His jacket has a red collar, black or dark gray shoulders, and RED sleeves! That does not appear to be the same jacket from what I am seeing in the two videos!

Tell me what you all think, am I imagining things?

ETA - at just after the two minute mark on the first video above, they show both shots side by side. Maybe it's the lighting but the color of the two jackets are completely different. One is much oranger than the other.

I was trying to figure this out the other day also. I'm not sure.

I'm not sure how many views you have to hit before your cut off. 10 seems way low. I was hitting their stories multiple times while I was organizing my bookmarks so I'm not sure of the number that puts someone over the top. The pop up say this.

It may be how many times you access within a certain time period. Some other newspaper site I used to visit put in a policy that basically if you visited 30 times in a month they expected you to subscribe. It's been a while, so I don't remember which site that was.

It may be how many times you access within a certain time period. Some other newspaper site I used to visit put in a policy that basically if you visited 30 times in a month they expected you to subscribe. It's been a while, so I don't remember which site that was.
Thanks. That may be the case with the Orlando Sentinel as well. So far they haven't said how many views triggers the "membership" requirement or if it cycles every month.

All I can say is, with me living in Sacramento it doesn't make a lot of sense to pay a $12.99 fee every 5 weeks to an Orlando newspaper to read a few articles. I should be able to get most of the same information from other sources that are free. The problem that I do have is when people here link articles that I can't read without paying someone money. JMO.

The image of GZ's head with the injuries that was just released shows a jacket with a red collar and shoulders, gray sleeves with black or darker gray cuffs. Look at the 30 second mark on this ABC video:
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/zim...ive-photo-night-trayvon-martin-death-16178849

Now look at the video of GZ at the police station the night of the shooting, at just after the one minute mark:

His jacket has a red collar, black or dark gray shoulders, and RED sleeves! That does not appear to be the same jacket from what I am seeing in the two videos!

ETA - at just after the two minute mark on the first video above, they show both shots side by side. Maybe it's the lighting but the color of the two jackets are completely different. One is much oranger than the other.

Plus the one released by ABC doesn't match color pattern or style to the one he is wearing at the police station...Now, ain't that special? JMHO..

OMG !! I thought that when I first saw the pic of GZ's head ! I didn't say anything because I thought it might have been the light of the camera, but it is different completely different.
This may explain why GZ looked so neat and tidy at LE station. I thought in the beginning that GZ had changed his clothes, the shirt just looked too fresh and clean. Now did GZ change before LE got there or did LE let GZ change ? I go with LE turning the other way, because there was no way there was enough time for GZ to run into the house and change and be back outside before LE got there. Someones got a lot of explaining to do !! I cannot wait for trial !!!!

Please correct me IF I am wrong, but didn't LE arrive on the scene at 7:17?

Ut Oh, I just looked at it again, GZ's sleeves are pulled up his arm, the black looks like it may be hidden under the red part of the sleeves of the jacket. I think its the same jacket :blushing:

Please correct me IF I am wrong, but didn't LE arrive on the scene at 7:17?

Smith arrived at 7:17 and Ayalla at 7:19. According to Ayalla when he arrived, Zimmerman was already in custody.

Can anyone tell if the bottom of the sleeves are black in any of this jail video. I think I see hints of it but not sure.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzeHbibfmfU"]George Zimmerman at the Sanford PD - Trayvon Martin - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks. That may be the case with the Orlando Sentinel as well. So far they haven't said how many views triggers the "membership" requirement or if it cycles every month.

All I can say is, with me living in Sacramento it doesn't make a lot of sense to pay a $12.99 fee every 5 weeks to an Orlando newspaper to read a few articles. I should be able to get most of the same information from other sources that are free. The problem that I do have is when people here link articles that I can't read without paying someone money. JMO.

That's how I felt about the other newspaper - I think it was a Chicago one and I live in Florida. Same deal, I was mostly going to their site to read articles referenced by other people.

One tip for a lot of newspapers - even if they have restrictive policies, you can often get to articles from Google search links. I haven't tested the Orlando Sentinel, but I can get to articles in my home town rag (that I refuse to pay for because it is so bad) if one comes up in a Google search and I click through from there.

In the 1st ABC video is GZ holding a phone to his right ear?

Not important...I was just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member