17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as images in news to portray client in a better light... that is his right. Does GZ have no right to show whom he is.. does he need to wear a devil's suit to be presumed to dress correctly.

TM has had the same done for him in the news and his attorneys. The fact that TM has had issues with suspension from school for absence (which is no big deal to me if out due to parental permission) the fact TM was suspended for two weeks due to possesion of traces of illegal substance in bag.. That has pretty much been hush hush and disregarded by media and TM family attorney as ohhhhhh that is just kid stuff...

If my kid had drugs on him.. let me tell you that is NOT kid stuff and I would consider it a crime because possesion is a crime or pharaphanlia. I live in Florida. TM could of been taken to Juvinile over the possesion. I think the opposiing sides need to be fair.

May they present TM in the best light possible if that is what his peers and parents know of him.... and may the same apply for GZ if that is what his friends, family and peers know of his personalty and apperance..

Just tying to be fair.

3 weeks ago this might have been true. At this point, it's all out there. Perhaps the reason it's not being given the attention you think it should is because it is irrelevant to what happened that night. It may come up in trial if it goes that far, but right now TM is a victim and is being treated accordingly.

he didn't shoot and kill someone. His character is not at issue. He was a kid, a teenager and supposed to be stupid and get in trouble and learn like basically every kid who has ever grown up. There was nothing violent in his history which is the only thing possibly relevant to this case. He had no history of fighting, violence, aggression. GZ had a history of all of those and that is very much relevant as he is the one who targeted, followed, shot and killed Trayvon.

And, you want to go further. On paper GZ sounds like what I would call a huge looser. When I was 28 I had a JD degree and a good paying job. Everyone I know had a least a bachelors degree by then and a JOB. GZ is unemployed and has been attending a community college for like a decade and still didn't have a 2 yr Associates Degree. Mr. NW was a nobody except with his gun and tactical flashlight hunting down the immaginary "bad guys". He displayed horrible sense in ever getting out of his car, never mind with a GUN to go after someone he knew was a teenager. Really, you think normal adults go after teenagers with guns? I think GZ was a paranoid sick puppy who used NW to make him feel like a big deal and he was determined that night to make sure this a#$hole didn't get away. Those are the words of the aggressor.

As far as images in news to portray client in a better light... that is his right. Does GZ have no right to show whom he is.. does he need to wear a devil's suit to be presumed to dress correctly.

TM has had the same done for him in the news and his attorneys. The fact that TM has had issues with suspension from school for absence (which is no big deal to me if out due to parental permission) the fact TM was suspended for two weeks due to possesion of traces of illegal substance in bag.. That has pretty much been hush hush and disregarded by media and TM family attorney as ohhhhhh that is just kid stuff...

If my kid had drugs on him.. let me tell you that is NOT kid stuff and I would consider it a crime because possesion is a crime or pharaphanlia. I live in Florida. TM could of been taken to Juvinile over the possesion. I think the opposiing sides need to be fair.

May they present TM in the best light possible if that is what his peers and parents know of him.... and may the same apply for GZ if that is what his friends, family and peers know of his personalty and apperance..

Just tying to be fair.

I would really like to know what kind of mentoring you can do once every two weeks.

Big Brothers/Big Sisters? Idk. I would think it would be pretty common that any kind of mentoring would be done on a schedule like that.

Why haven't the black kids that he mentored issued any sort of statement, even anonymously?

that's telling IMO
JMO/IMO
I see your point, but on the other hand this is about minors.

I hope their parents are protecting them and continue to do so. There is absolutely nothing good to come from them speaking out and giving up their privacy.

If the minors and/or their parents heard the bond hearing, they were probably not impressed with how they were portrayed. It certainly sounded racist...the comments about their bad neighborhood, no one would be there for them, etc.

BBM
Please someone correct me if I am wrong, but I thought I heard the dispatcher state at the beginning of the call that it was being recorded.

I believe you are correct. In my town, all calls to both 911 and the non-emergency line are recorded and held for 30 days.

Just tying to be fair.

So when a victim is raped or sexually harrassed, should we expect to see pictures of her in provocative clothing? I mean that would indicate that she brought it upon herself. It would allow us to see her as she may have actually been on that day/night.

Trayvon was not a perfect kid, and that's not the point. He was a kid, and on that day, he was doing NOTHING wrong.

JMO/IMO
I see your point, but on the other hand this is about minors.

I hope their parents are protecting them and continue to do so. There is absolutely nothing good to come from them speaking out and giving up their privacy.

If the minors and/or their parents heard the bond hearing, they were probably not impressed with how they were portrayed. It certainly sounded racist...the comments about their bad neighborhood, no one would be there for them, etc.

Got ya, but they could speak out anonymously via a statement, or their parent(s) could say how grateful they were to George for being there.

he didn't shoot and kill someone. His character is not at issue. He was a kid, a teenager and supposed to be stupid and get in trouble and learn like basically every kid who has ever grown up. There was nothing violent in his history which is the only thing possibly relevant to this case. He had no history of fighting, violence, aggression. GZ had a history of all of those and that is very much relevant as he is the one who targeted, followed, shot and killed Trayvon.

And, you want to go further. On paper GZ sounds like what I would call a huge looser. When I was 28 I had a JD degree and a good paying job. Everyone I know had a least a bachelors degree by then and a JOB. GZ is unemployed and has been attending a community college for like a decade and still didn't have a 2 yr Associates Degree. Mr. NW was a nobody except with his gun and tactical flashlight hunting down the immaginary "bad guys". He displayed horrible sense in ever getting out of his car, never mind with a GUN to go after someone he knew was a teenager. Really, you think normal adults go after teenagers with guns? I think GZ was a paranoid sick puppy who used NW to make him feel like a big deal and he was determined that night to make sure this a#$hole didn't get away. Those are the words of the aggressor.

Let's not forget that he was sued by Capitol One for default on a credit card.

Zimmerman married Shellie Nicole Dean, a licensed cosmetologist, in late 2007. The next year, he resurfaced in court documents as a credit-card company pursued him for unpaid debts.

Capital One accused Zimmerman of failing to pay more than $1,000. He settled with the company for $2,135.82, records show, to cover his debts with interest, as well as attorney and court costs. However, the credit-card company soon reported that Zimmerman wasn't making the payments he had agreed to.

Zimmerman's employer at the time, CarMax, agreed to garnish his wages. That arrangement was canceled in late 2008 because Zimmerman was no longer employed by CarMax.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/t...e-watch-volunteer-2251321.html?printArticle=y
~jmo~

What does that matter? The Anthony's threw Casey a graduation party, to keep up appearances, even though Casey was half a credit short? The whole point is trying to create an appearance of something you are not!

My niece graduates in less than a month! It's a big deal! A huge deal! We didn't throw her a party 6 months ago just because she was graduating in May? If she happened to not graduate, she wouldn't be getting anything!

It's like an NFL team, once they make the playoffs, planning a Super Bowl Parade even though they haven't even gotten to the Super Bowl yet?

MOO

I agree. I'm graduating soon, and I didn't even send out announcements until I was 100% sure I had met all the requirements. That means I only gave my family 1 months notice...better safe than sorry LOL

Throwing a party with no degree, no matter how many credits short you are, is misleading and dishonest IMO

welll....he was on his own before and he did fine. So I think he will be ok.

I'm sure he'll be fine. Look at FCA.

I'm more concerned for TM's girlfriend who's name was mentioned on TV by GZ's attorney. She must be scared to death at this point. I can't believe O'mara said her name. :banghead:

And didn't Dr. Fessel find something indicating Officer Smith and GZ knew each other prior to the incident on February 26th? JMHO

Yes, I think there were a couple of occasions where Smith was the dispatched officer to some of the other (40+) 911 calls that Zimmerman made.

~jmo~

Here is what I cannot for the life of me seem to figure out about what is going on here in this forum. As you can see from the date that I joined, I've been around here for a while and I've read on other cases. I generally read, don't post much. I'm here because I thought it was victim friendly. In the cases that I've read, I don't seem to see the questioning of the victim like I've seen in this case. It puzzles me, concerns me, and disturbs me all at the same time. I understand that people disagree and have differing viewpoints, I get it. What I don't get is that folks are questioning a kid's actions about what he should've done, shouldn't have done, should've felt, shouldn't have felt, run faster, run straight home, answered questions civily from a stranger, let himself be detained by a stranger without question, heck someoneone up thread even said he "acted agitated"...huh?!

What in the world is going on? I don't recall ever reading on this forum how victim's actions caused them to be victimized. We don't question a missing women's right to be at a concert, to be in a parking lot, to be wherever she choses to be. We don't say, well even if she was approached by a male she should not defend herself, quite the opposite in fact. I generally don't see discussion about how a victim caused their own victimization.

I understand the discussion about the law and how it could apply in this case. But it has gone far beyond that.

I don't know how I missed this post but the THANKS bottom was not enough....

This was a great post.

ITA with you .......

Makes you wonder, don't it?

I'm going to open a new thread in a few minutes. I haven't done that in awhile so it might take me some time to get it done. :floorlaugh:

Got ya, but they could speak out anonymously via a statement, or their parent(s) could say how grateful they were to George for being there.
JMO/IMO
I understand what you're saying. In the meantime, something else is on my mind....

A little more about George the mentor and his mom's sworn statement about his mentoring:

I'm still pondering the mentor/volunteer thing. Anytime I've volunteered with children/teens in any sort of ongoing basis I had to sign a confidentiality statement.
It seems awfully wrong that Z's mom (and MOM) was able to finesse inserting these children into the bond hearing as "character witnesses" without their or their parent's express permission. (I get there were no names, but they were still "used" for George's benefit)

If the organization is something like (I don't know the organization) Big Brothers, they were probably mighty unhappy, too. If/when we do know the organization I'd love to see their standard Volunteer Forms.
These would probably include:
Volunteer application, probably a release for a background check, a signed confidentiality agreement, and a list of their rules....and anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500