17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA. And at least he's run up his own credit cards, not run up other people's credits cards and stolen money and checks from people like someone in another case. I don't see nearly as much narcissism here. I see more of a sense of entitlement. A lot of people act entitled, but narcissism doesn't necessarily go along with it. I don't think he's sociopathic either, unlike Casey Anthony. He desperately wants approval and to see himself as better than he is. He sees himself as a hero because that makes him feel good and feel like he is doing something good with his life. He needs to be the hero or what else is he? Narcisstic people don't care about approval - they ARE the approval and everyone knows it. They do what they want and everyone just has to deal with the fallout. Casey didn't care what anyone though and people just had to deal with her, and mom and dad just had to cover for her.

I think he has a lot of mental problems, cultivated for years by his family who probably thought it might be a good thing at first, and didn't realize what it was growing into. I hope he's getting help for it. I think he can get help and be better, unlike Casey A. There's no help for her. I just don't put him in the same category at her. Casey is evil. GZ is paranoid and entitled, but not necessarily evil. I think he shouldn't run around armed ever again, that's for sure.

Great post! It will be interesting to see what else we learn about him.

<modsnip>

Personally, I like to consider both sides of the story when I'm voicing an opinion, particularly a very strong opinion, regarding whether a citizen of this country should spend the rest of their natural life behind bars or where, even if they do not, they have been destroyed in the media and in the court of public opinion so that their lives will never be the same, regardless.

I get Trayvon and his family's side, here. But that doesn't mean there isn't another perfectly valid side of the story, or that it shouldn't be sought or brought out elsewhere, or that judgment shouldn't be reserved until it has been. jmo

As do I.

Now I'm going to do as Mr. Zimmerman, Sr said his son does and turn the other cheek.

:seeya:

BBM

Who were they raised by?

They were raised by their parents. The grandmother lived with them while the parents worked but they all lived in the same home. Grandma didn't have custody she just "babysat". jmo

They were raised by their parents. The grandmother lived with them while the parents worked but they all lived in the same home. Grandma didn't have custody she just "babysat". jmo

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/11/pmt.01.html

"And that's what -- you know, we consider our grandmother one of our parents. We have two parents, but we were raised by our -- helped out by our maternal grandmother at home."

Dispatcher: Are you following him?
George Zimmerman: Yeah
Dispatcher: Ok, we don't need you to do that.
George Zimmerman: Okay.

Mark O'Mara: “I’ve started the process to properly authorize his legal fund."
"I do not want him to have any Internet presence and that site has been taken down.

Tic, toc, tic, toc, tic, toc ...

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/11/pmt.01.html

"And that's what -- you know, we consider our grandmother one of our parents. We have two parents, but we were raised by our -- helped out by our maternal grandmother at home."

My mother divorced when I was two and went to work. I lived with her and my grandmother. My grandmother did not work but stayed home with me. She was there when I left for school in the morning and was there when I returned home from school in the afternoon. I feel she raised me but she was fulfilling the job my mother would be doing if my mother did not have to work. It would have been different if I lived only with my grandmother and she did not live with my mother. In that case I would have felt I was raised solely by my grandmother. Many children today are raised solely by their grandparents and the parents have little to do with the children.

So grandmother was within the household and was their caregiver doing the day while the parents worked. And you do consider grandmother is an authority figure when she lives with you, makes sure you have your mittens with you and your head is covered on a cold day, take that umbrella it looks like rain...and for heaven sakes keep your elbows off the table, it's not ladylike. lol

Maybe the folks who attended the party knew the circumstances of what he was celebrating (that he was close to getting a degree). Although I guess that would be assuming things we don't know.

IMO, saying "maybe" and offering some wondering thoughts you're having isn't assuming--it's pondering and looking at things from different perspectives and throwing out ideas. Assuming something would be saying, "I'm sure the folks..." or even just plain "The folks who attended..."

That particular post of your that I quoted seemed fine (to me) as far as not making assumptions:)

FWIW and IMO

I've been behind on this case, and mostly lurking. I do have a few other thoughts that I may share later when I'm not at work.
:seeya:

Maybe the folks who attended the party knew the circumstances of what he was celebrating (that he was close to getting a degree). Although I guess that would be assuming things we don't know.

They may have in which case it isn't dishonesty but self-aggrandizement. I know others may not see it this way, but education is very important to me and to claim a degree he didn't have or even throw a party for himself for almost getting an AA degree just doesn't sit right with me. I'm not an ogre. When I taught there was an occasional student who attended graduation ceremonies even though he or she was sick and missed a final in a class they were passing. it was fine with me and I'm sure their parents didn't cancel a party until they could make up the exam. But George wasn't virtually finished; he didn't have to make an exam up. He had more course work to do. Just try to tell an employer that you almost have a degree that your resume said you did have.

I also take financial responsibilities seriously. I pay my bills. If I want to spend more money than I have, I take on extra work. If I lost my job and couldn't pay my bills, I would ask for more time and pay them slowly with interest.

I don't think these things make George more likely to commit murder but I do think they make it more likely that he would feel like whatever he does is okay and I think they make it more likely that he would lie to get himself out of trouble (except he'd call it stretching the truth).

So what's this mean, in the scheme of things.....

I thought that was what it was all about for GZ

:waitasec:

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/sanford-police-chief-will-resign/nMf7R/

Interesting, I wonder if they will try to go with some kind of mental deficiency defense? If it is proven that GZ has lied about how the shooting went down, along with his stories about graduating, organizing the community to get an arrest in the Collison case, etc..
I think O'Mara is keeping it open as he learns more about his client and waits for discovery. MOO

I sense a problem in GZ's defense.........SYG, self-defense, throw something against the wall and hope it sticks defense..........

His former attorneys are not credible to me. One of his family members may have been running it, doesn't mean GZ was though.

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. We'll never know if it doesn't come back online.
JMO/IMO

All I heard to day per MOM is that Zimmerman won't be working on it anymore. Good tactic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6