1991 People Magazine Article - The Woman at the Craft Fair

From this link:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/nancy-garrido-phillip-2551653-husband-years

"In 1994, Dugard had been the Garrido's captive for more than three years when Nancy Garrido sought a job as a Certified Nurses Aid at Contra Costa ARC, a nonprofit nursing provider.
Certified Nurses Aids, or CNAs, perform basic chores, such as emptying bedpans and changing linens. They can give, but can't prescribe, many types of medication. The 120-hours of mandatory classroom and clinical study doesn't include childbirth training."

So, NG certainly had access to a great number of medications. Does anybody else find it odd that NG sought employment just as Jaycee was preparing to give birth. I wonder how many hours she worked and who supervised this young teen and her newborn? Was it PG? Yuck.

From this link:

"In 1994, Dugard had been the Garrido's captive for more than three years when Nancy Garrido sought a job as a Certified Nurses Aid at Contra Costa ARC, a nonprofit nursing provider.
Certified Nurses Aids, or CNAs, perform basic chores, such as emptying bedpans and changing linens. They can give, but can't prescribe, many types of medication. The 120-hours of mandatory classroom and clinical study doesn't include childbirth training."

So, NG certainly had access to a great number of medications. Does anybody else find it odd that NG sought employment just as Jaycee was preparing to give birth. I wonder how many hours she worked and who supervised this young teen and her newborn? Was it PG? Yuck.

so jaycee, a 13/14 year od kidnap and repeated rape victim at this point, impregnated by her tormenter and either living in a tent or locked in a soundproof shed, is basically all by herself when she goes into labor..........
god i hope these 2 fry

Great find, my2sisters. From my recollection, there are other medicine bottles in those photographs. I remember at the time thinking that they were probably Garrido's anti-psychotic or similar meds, and also that where they were placed was a little off, to say the least, as most normal ppl have their meds in one spot. Normal. LOLZ.

kbl, I don't think that we can conclude he didn't have access to health care and so "planned" to be caught because he knew that he'd get a free operation in prison, etc., etc. I'll bet he and Nancy were on Medicaid.

Gotcha! Here's another pix with meds on the tray table:
garrido.home.9.jpg

From this link:

That's great that you were able to put together that information. I wonder if Nancy stole certain items, like surgical supplies, that she thought might be needed to deliver the baby, as well.

Great find, my2sisters. From my recollection, there are other medicine bottles in those photographs. I remember at the time thinking that they were probably Garrido's anti-psychotic or similar meds, and also that where they were placed was a little off, to say the least, as most normal ppl have their meds in one spot. Normal. LOLZ.

kbl, I don't think that we can conclude he didn't have access to health care and so "planned" to be caught because he knew that he'd get a free operation in prison, etc., etc. I'll bet he and Nancy were on Medicaid.

i dont think he planned to be caught. he'll get free healthcare never the less........far better care then anything he ever did for jaycee or the girls. and at the taxpayers expense. disgusting :(

From this link:

Ummmm, I don't think this is accurate. I worked for 13 years in nursing homes in the state of California, and I have also visited relatives in them. CNA's are NOT the ones giving out meds, and they don't have access to them. Meds are kept locked and must be distributed by a licensed nurse- an LVN or an RN.

Ummmm, I don't think this is accurate. I worked for 13 years in nursing homes in the state of California, and I have also visited relatives in them. CNA's are NOT the ones giving out meds, and they don't have access to them. Meds are kept locked and must be distributed by a licensed nurse- an LVN or an RN.

dont know anything about what meds she did or didnt have access too. all i know is the timeline of her employment suggests that no one other then pg was there to possiby help the deiivery of starlet and i doubt very much he did anything either.

dont know anything about what meds she did or didnt have access too. all i know is the timeline of her employment suggests that no one other then pg was there to possiby help the deiivery of starlet and i doubt very much he did anything either.
Missizzy said Nancy had access to a great number of medications. I contest that because she wouldn't have had access working in a nursing home, unless she stole them, and meds in nursing homes and hospitals are kept under tight lock and key. Only licensed nurses have access to them- and if their med counts come up short- their licenses can be on the line- it's a very serious offense!

Missizzy said Nancy had access to a great number of medications. I contest that because she wouldn't have had access working in a nursing home, unless she stole them, and meds in nursing homes and hospitals are kept under tight lock and key. Only licensed nurses have access to them- and if their med counts come up short- their licenses can be on the line- it's a very serious offense!

no doubt.
i dont think she was working there to get meds for a pregnant jaycee. my opinion, is she was working there to "help" others to make herself feel better about what she was allowing to be done to jaycee........just a possibility.
i loathe her either way

LinasK--I should have said that I was bringing up a possibility with the quote from this link:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/n...-husband-years

Certified Nurses Aids, or CNAs, perform basic chores, such as emptying bedpans and changing linens. They can give, but can't prescribe, many types of medication.

I don't believe that she had free access but rather had the opportunity to possibly steal some meds. Hope this clarifies. I was just re-stating what the Orange County Register said. Several posters seem to have experience with nursing homes and home health care. Maybe they can speak to this.

LinasK--I should have said that I was bringing up a possibility with the quote from this link:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/n...-husband-years

Certified Nurses Aids, or CNAs, perform basic chores, such as emptying bedpans and changing linens. They can give, but can't prescribe, many types of medication.

I don't believe that she had free access but rather had the opportunity to possibly steal some meds. Hope this clarifies. I was just re-stating what the Orange County Register said. Several posters seem to have experience with nursing homes and home health care. Maybe they can speak to this.
I can tell you for a fact at least in California, the article is wrong- CNA's do not give out meds in facilities, maybe in a board & care home, but certainly not in nursing homes or hospitals!

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20111362,00.html

What do you think of this? Back then, Nancy was somewhat exotic looking, and rather attractive . . .

Do you think there's any possibility that Nancy was at the art fair? Do you think that something was on Jaycee's mind?

In other words, is the story that is told by Garrido and Nancy the TRUTH? (ie., spotting Jaycee with her friends walking to or from school, and then spotting her alone)
I don't think it's real convincing. Nothing to indicate that "indian" looking woman at the art fair was in fact Nancy. I don't think Nancy would be mistaken for an "indian" woman either.

I don't think it's real convincing. Nothing to indicate that "indian" looking woman at the art fair was in fact Nancy. I don't think Nancy would be mistaken for an "indian" woman either.

Oh, I think she could be.

Oh, I think she could be.

My guess is the woman at the fair was not Nancy.
When the step-father described the woman he saw, the people most likely started thinking if they saw anyone fitting (no matter how close) the description before.

When the step-father described the woman he saw, the people most likely started thinking if they saw anyone fitting (no matter how close) the description before.

Okay, you can be right. I was just giving my opinion.

i think you both have valid points. carl obviously misidentified her race........she's phillipino rather then indian or pakisini. and terry made the supposition that the two people (her and the lady at ther fair) were the same. please remember terry was reaching for anything back then.....she was even still hoping that whoever took jaycee was doing it cause she needed a replacement daughter.

i think you both have valid points. carl obviously misidentified her race........she's phillipino rather then indian or pakisini. and terry made the supposition that the two people (her and the lady at ther fair) were the same. please remember terry was reaching for anything back then.....she was even still hoping that whoever took jaycee was doing it cause she needed a replacement daughter.
Nancy's background might be Hispanic, she was born in Texas.

Do you see the Rx bottle on the dresser?

I could be totally incorrect, but I thought ng worked as a home health cna. In a home setting it is not unusual for a cna to fill a pill box for the patient. Elderly patients have trouble reading labels and opening the pill bottles at times. This would give her some access. I more believe that she was working to bring in income (with a baby on the way), and as a form of redemption to her demented mind.

As for the pill bottles in the home, I am sure Patricia was on medications for her "dementia" also. That would account for some bottles. Also the 911 calls states she was having trouble breathing. Possible COPD, emphysema?? Those would require meds also. I would not be at all surprised if all three of them were on medi-cal or medi-caid and I am sure that ng was being paid to care for her mil as there is a federal program the state of CA has to provide for family members caring for other family members.

I could be totally incorrect, but I thought ng worked as a home health cna. In a home setting it is not unusual for a cna to fill a pill box for the patient. Elderly patients have trouble reading labels and opening the pill bottles at times. This would give her some access. I more believe that she was working to bring in income (with a baby on the way), and as a form of redemption to her demented mind.

As for the pill bottles in the home, I am sure Patricia was on medications for her "dementia" also. That would account for some bottles. Also the 911 calls states she was having trouble breathing. Possible COPD, emphysema?? Those would require meds also. I would not be at all surprised if all three of them were on medi-cal or medi-caid and I am sure that ng was being paid to care for her mil as there is a federal program the state of CA has to provide for family members caring for other family members.

if she wanted redemption she should have called the cops or taken jaycee to them when garrido was locked up.
she blew it

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back