1991 People Magazine Article - The Woman at the Craft Fair

I could be totally incorrect, but I thought ng worked as a home health cna. In a home setting it is not unusual for a cna to fill a pill box for the patient. Elderly patients have trouble reading labels and opening the pill bottles at times. This would give her some access. I more believe that she was working to bring in income (with a baby on the way), and as a form of redemption to her demented mind.

As for the pill bottles in the home, I am sure Patricia was on medications for her "dementia" also. That would account for some bottles. Also the 911 calls states she was having trouble breathing. Possible COPD, emphysema?? Those would require meds also. I would not be at all surprised if all three of them were on medi-cal or medi-caid and I am sure that ng was being paid to care for her mil as there is a federal program the state of CA has to provide for family members caring for other family members.

Don't overlook the possibility that there was a practical motivation for that career choice. It would have allowed her access to health care information/training and materials, both important aspects considering that they were raising a secret family in the back yard.

Don't overlook the possibility that there was a practical motivation for that career choice. It would have allowed her access to health care information/training and materials, both important aspects considering that they were raising a secret family in the back yard.

Dateline said she was an aide when she met PG in prison.

<snip> As for the pill bottles in the home, I am sure Patricia was on medications for her "dementia" also.

It seems that her medications would be limited to her room and not in several locations in the house as some photos have shown.

I read that she married P in 1981 and can be traced back, as far as, 1981 working within the healthcare community. Same year. Dateline said that when he married her she was a NA, not when he met her. IMO, they were planning this from prison and her apparent newfound interest in healthcare was just a part of the plan. Sickening. Her uncle, that P was in prison with, I get the feeling, is a key element to the beginning and what became of this story, JMO.

I'm sorry for your town, M2S, I hope you all can heal, too. :blowkiss:You all have learned a very valuable lesson, as have we. I'm sickened to have to say that this could (and, sadly, probably does) happen Anywhere, U.S.A.

I read that she married P in 1981 and can be traced back, as far as, 1981 working within the healthcare community. Same year. Dateline said that when he married her she was a NA, not when he met her. IMO, they were planning this from prison and her apparent newfound interest in healthcare was just a part of the plan. Sickening. Her uncle, that P was in prison with, I get the feeling, is a key element to the beginning and what became of this story, JMO.

I'm sorry for your town, M2S, I hope you all can heal, too. :blowkiss:You all have learned a very valuable lesson, as have we. I'm sickened to have to say that this could (and, sadly, probably does) happen Anywhere, U.S.A.

planning this from prison? jesus christ......poor jaycee. if they were planning this in 1981 she was unknowningly in danger as an infant :eek:

I could be totally incorrect, but I thought ng worked as a home health cna. In a home setting it is not unusual for a cna to fill a pill box for the patient. Elderly patients have trouble reading labels and opening the pill bottles at times. This would give her some access. I more believe that she was working to bring in income (with a baby on the way), and as a form of redemption to her demented mind.

As for the pill bottles in the home, I am sure Patricia was on medications for her "dementia" also. That would account for some bottles. Also the 911 calls states she was having trouble breathing. Possible COPD, emphysema?? Those would require meds also. I would not be at all surprised if all three of them were on medi-cal or medi-caid and I am sure that ng was being paid to care for her mil as there is a federal program the state of CA has to provide for family members caring for other family members.
You could be right, but I thought someone mentioned DiamondRidge Healthcare Center... This is not a facility I'm familiar with, although I have worked in SNF's in Martinez, and done home health in Antioch...

The printing business "connection" is strange. Terry was a graphic designer and according to some of Phil's clients, Jaycee was the "creative force" behind the Garrido's printing business. I wonder if Garrido was a client of the printing business Terry worked at?
Or maybe, on a subconscious level, this was Jaycee's way of reaching out to her mother. Does anyone know when Garrido "opened up shop"? Was it after Jaycee was abducted? If it was after, my guess is it was Jaycee's idea and at her urging that Phil open a printing business...JUST a guess and JMO...

I have been thinking that it was her way to stay close to her mom in spirit. In a way hoping that somehow this will someday reunite them.
It has been said that JC and her mom were like twins, really close bond. I have thought from the start that it was JC's way to bust out of PG's hold on her some day.
I also thought it was her only way to keep her mom close. :(

Maybe someday when she is ready to help write a movie she will tell us.

dont know anything about what meds she did or didnt have access too. all i know is the timeline of her employment suggests that no one other then pg was there to possiby help the deiivery of starlet and i doubt very much he did anything either.
I imagine that Nancy would have been involved in the birthing too.
I also imagine they had ways to get drugs too; to keep JC from screaming too loud during birthing. :waitasec:

I imagine that Nancy would have been involved in the birthing too.
I also imagine they had ways to get drugs too; to keep JC from screaming too loud during birthing. :waitasec:

there are so many potential child endangerment charges here, not only for how they treated jaycee, but for the girls later on.
but no charges like that so far

there are so many potential child endangerment charges here, not only for how they treated jaycee, but for the girls later on.
but no charges like that so far

There is no evidence of endangerment for the girls.

There is no evidence of endangerment for the girls.

You're funny, Natal. Don't you think being born in a tent in the backyard is endangerment? According to the media, Jaycee said that they had no medical care during their life there.

You're funny, Natal. Don't you think being born in a tent in the backyard is endangerment? According to the media, Jaycee said that they had no medical care during their life there.

shaking my head here.
they spent most of there lives in lice infested tents and had no medical care.........but thats not endanrment. oh that's right hats caring and affection

Repeatedly raping an 11 year old, keeping a pregnant 14 year old without any medical care during pregnancy, birth and postpartum. Those are just a few more things that imo constitute endangerment.

Repeatedly raping an 11 year old, keeping a pregnant 14 year old without any medical care during pregnancy, birth and postpartum. Those are just a few more things that imo constitute endangerment.

amen :woohoo:

I think this thing about whether the woman at the craft fair was Nancy Garrido is really neither here nor there because it's clear that the FBI was very skeptical about the involvement of a female in this crime at all. Ideally, they would have compared the details of the craft fair woman to the details that they were given by Carl Probyn concerning the woman (NG) who he witnessed grabbing Jaycee. But, I don't know. I just seriously doubt that they would have done all of that considering what we know now about the FBI's opinion on a female perp and how Carl Probyn's story was obviously viewed with suspicion. I guess the only benefit now to proving that it was her at the fair is to establish even more premeditation went into it.

I think this thing about whether the woman at the craft fair was Nancy Garrido is really neither here nor there because it's clear that the FBI was very skeptical about the involvement of a female in this crime at all. Ideally, they would have compared the details of the craft fair woman to the details that they were given by Carl Probyn concerning the woman (NG) who he witnessed grabbing Jaycee. But, I don't know. I just seriously doubt that they would have done all of that considering what we know now about the FBI's opinion on a female perp and how Carl Probyn's story was obviously viewed with suspicion. I guess the only benefit now to proving that it was her at the fair is to establish even more premeditation went into it.

to me the lady at the fair was terrys supposition of what MIGHT have happened. she also thought jaycee had something bothering her the night before the abduction and made the leap that it had something to do with the fair (in retrospect). i didnt read where carl said he thought there was a connection and since he would have seen both nancy and the lady at the fair, he would be the one to know.
like i said before, jaycee could have had anything on her mind the night before......a big test, some kid at school giving her problems.......who knows

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back