2008.06.09 vs 2008.06.16 Why the Discrepancy?

I've read that thread over and over. I need it in story form with pics.:yes: I can't hold the facts in my head from thread to thread to piece together something that makes sense to me.

I'm not convinced Lee watched Caylee often. Plus he had roomies. They did not communicate all that much. When KC was looking for a sitter, his number was not dialed (flurried calls).

Its not that Lee watched Caylee.Its that maybe at times when Casey/Caylee were unaccounted for or times that shes pinging in that area, she might have been at Lee's( he might not have known, or he might have) .

How can I disagree with the best Sleuths around :) I like the way Bond and JWG set this day up, I can see it. But something is just off..and I dont know what it is( other than the obvious)..Maybe its that alot more went into this day( and we will never know I guess) I really do get the shock that CA must have been , I think that she also thought at first that Casey was just "playing" her..that Caylee was with a friend or something..That Casey was just getting back at her for whatever...But, the date thing that was not changed until LE found the videotape I do believe, and by that time CA,GA, LA etc had to have figured out that the last day they saw her was Fathers day.I dont know why this always has bothered me --its what first attracted me to the case I do believe..hmm

How can I disagree with the best Sleuths around :) I like the way Bond and JWG set this day up, I can see it. But something is just off..and I dont know what it is( other than the obvious)..Maybe its that alot more went into this day( and we will never know I guess) I really do get the shock that CA must have been , I think that she also thought at first that Casey was just "playing" her..that Caylee was with a friend or something..That Casey was just getting back at her for whatever...But, the date thing that was not changed until LE found the videotape I do believe, and by that time CA,GA, LA etc had to have figured out that the last day they saw her was Fathers day.I dont know why this always has bothered me --its what first attracted me to the case I do believe..hmm

I don't think there is any doubt they knew it was Father's Day, they just did not remember the date of Father's Day. When LE showed them the photo time stamp on July 21, they were surprised by the date but did say the pictures were taken on Father's Day, so if Father's Day fell on the 15th rather than the 8th, the 15th date must have been correct. In George's interview on the 24th he apologizes profusely for the mistake and says he and Cindy were upset with themselves for having it wrong, but LE is quite understanding.

IMHO, I don't think they spent a lot of time thinking about the date she was last seen. What was foremost in their mind was it had been a long time - weeks - and now they had to focus their energy on finding her. Getting the word out. Looking backward for them was not yet a priority.

IMHO, I don't think they spent a lot of time thinking about the date she was last seen. What was foremost in their mind was it had been a long time - weeks - and now they had to focus their energy on finding her. Getting the word out. Looking backward for them was not yet a priority.

*snipped*
(above bolded by me)

This is the best explanation I've heard so far as to why G & C &, possibly, L, may have gotten the dates (and maybe some other things) confused. I've thought all along it was due to how emotionally devastated, shocked, etc. they must have been, rather than with the intention of misleading LE & others.

The way you put it here, that "looking back" was just not a priority for them makes a lot of sense to me. They believed Casey was innocent, at least of deliberating causing harm to her own 2 year old daughter. They believed/hoped Caylee was alive and that, perhaps every second counted towards finding her and that was all they could focus on. In their minds where Caylee was now was what mattered. And if any other date mattered it would likely be when Casey saw her last, not them. Of course they couldn't have been very rational at a time like that anyway.

JMHO and all speculation of course.

You would think the date would be important to LE though. Why would they just run with an errant date? I know the media plays a big role in leaking false information too. The Ant's had all those flyers printed up before realizing they had actually seen Caylee since then?

I still can't picture this "error" getting away from the Ant's though (by the next day) since a week+ had passed since CA's 50th, another significant date, leading up to Father's Day. CA would not forget that she had just been ignored on her 50th B-day. (But Troy had a great time!) She would remember if something so sadly significant happened the weekend closest to it. She and GA went to Cocoa Beach on the 7th they said. Time passed and she did see Caylee again on the 15th (plus several other times that week I think). Why just throw the 9th out there? I understand she was distressed but she had been thinking about her missing "daughters" for over a month. I'd bet my bottom dollar CA knew/knows the date of the last day she saw her granddaughter. IMO, the Ant's error has some significant meaning to what really happened to Caylee.

Hello:

If this is not the correct thread for this to be on please redirect. I admit I am confused about which thread is trying to work on the dates cindy and casey first gave as the last day they saw Caylee. What I am going to post are my confusions after reading all the work the people on this site have done. Something's come together in my mind and...

In the video interview cindy did for the OrlandoS she never says "father's day."

Cindy: "June 8th. Her and I spent the day, we went up to, we went to sss, to visit her great grandpa and she's coloring trying to help my dad color too and sitting there and reading a story to him and at that moment it meant so much because it was my granddaughter and my dad together and it's so vivd in my mind and

(cindy slurs here and seems to begin to say "and knowing" but says "and no...no one)

I would never have thought that I would remember that day other than a nice day with my dad and and my granddaughter. But now that's the last day I saw...Caylee."

Reporter: I saw...(says something I can not hear)

Cindy: "I had called Amy to see if she had seen casey..." cindy goes on to tell the story of calling Amy and Amy taking her to see casey...

Can someone direct me to where cindy says the day she took Caylee to see her father was on father's day?

....Jmo...Thank you

I just had a new thought:waitasec: to support my disbelief of the A's claim that they didn't remember that it was Fathers Day when they last saw Caylee. Although I realize why they would like to forget about Fathers Day due to all the father trouble, lack of fathers, multiple fathers, they have had; that is precisely why they would not forget!!!! Father's Day equates with painful memories/lacking truth, etc. Noone forgets THOSE things. :banghead:

Okay: looking at the name of this thread I believe I may be in the right spot: June 9th vs June 16th...this bothers me too.

Cindy made her first statement to LE regarding June 8th Sunday being the last day she saw Caylee on July 15 2008.

Cindy: "3 wks ago asked my daughter to bring my (word "her" crossed out) car home along with my granddaughter Caylee."

Three weeks ago, on the 24th June, Cindy was asking Casey to come home with the car and Caylee. Cindy stated this on July 15th 2008. From June 24th to July 15th was another 3 weeks that Cindy hadn't seen Casey/Car/Caylee.

To me Cindy(on July 15th) is saying: "Three weeks ago..." and she is speaking from the 15th July about three weeks ago: 24th June. Some take it as she is saying(on July 15th) "for three weeks I have been asking Casey for car and Caylee home." But she is saying..."3 wks ago..."

Then it would make sense that "3 wks ago..." Cindy/George did ask Casey to bring car and Caylee home when they saw/chased? her on the 24th as George had said in one of his statements.

Cindy still speaking to LE on July 15th 2008 and stating "3 wks ago..." goes on to tell us where Casey (says she) was for "2 1/2 weeks" of the "3 wks" Cindy did not have Casey, car or Caylee.

Cindy: "She told me she was in Jacksonville for the last 2 1/2 weeks."

So by June 24th 2008 Cindy had already considered Caylee missing for "2 1/2 weeks" because she accepted and relayed the information that Casey, the car, and Caylee had been in "Jacksonville for the last 2 1/2 weeks." And, that only explains 2 1/2 weeks of time away for Casey, car and Caylee-Cindy states it has been "3 wks" only which 2 1/2 of it was spent in Jacksonville-Cindy didn't know where they were at only that it had been "3 wks" and that would take us to June 3rd 2008 Tuesday.

I know I must be wrong here...so please show me how.

...Jmo...Thank you all.

I don't think there is any doubt they knew it was Father's Day, they just did not remember the date of Father's Day. When LE showed them the photo time stamp on July 21, they were surprised by the date but did say the pictures were taken on Father's Day, so if Father's Day fell on the 15th rather than the 8th, the 15th date must have been correct. In George's interview on the 24th he apologizes profusely for the mistake and says he and Cindy were upset with themselves for having it wrong, but LE is quite understanding.

In order to believe this I would of had to hear out of CA's mouth. "It was Fathers Day, June 9th." For some reason, CA was purposefully distancing herself from that day. I am a woman fully equipped with intuition.:)

Okay: looking at the name of this thread I believe I may be in the right spot: June 9th vs June 16th...this bothers me too.

Cindy made her first statement to LE regarding June 8th Sunday being the last day she saw Caylee on July 15 2008.

Cindy: "3 wks ago asked my daughter to bring my (word "her" crossed out) car home along with my granddaughter Caylee."

Three weeks ago, on the 24th June, Cindy was asking Casey to come home with the car and Caylee. Cindy stated this on July 15th 2008. From June 24th to July 15th was another 3 weeks that Cindy hadn't seen Casey/Car/Caylee.

To me Cindy(on July 15th) is saying: "Three weeks ago..." and she is speaking from the 15th July about three weeks ago: 24th June. Some take it as she is saying(on July 15th) "for three weeks I have been asking Casey for car and Caylee home." But she is saying..."3 wks ago..."

Then it would make sense that "3 wks ago..." Cindy/George did ask Casey to bring car and Caylee home when they saw/chased? her on the 24th as George had said in one of his statements.

Cindy still speaking to LE on July 15th 2008 and stating "3 wks ago..." goes on to tell us where Casey (says she) was for "2 1/2 weeks" of the "3 wks" Cindy did not have Casey, car or Caylee.

Cindy: "She told me she was in Jacksonville for the last 2 1/2 weeks."

So by June 24th 2008 Cindy had already considered Caylee missing for "2 1/2 weeks" because she accepted and relayed the information that Casey, the car, and Caylee had been in "Jacksonville for the last 2 1/2 weeks." And, that only explains 2 1/2 weeks of time away for Casey, car and Caylee-Cindy states it has been "3 wks" only which 2 1/2 of it was spent in Jacksonville-Cindy didn't know where they were at only that it had been "3 wks" and that would take us to June 3rd 2008 Tuesday.

I know I must be wrong here...so please show me how.

...Jmo...Thank you all.

Hi! If I understand you correctly, you are pointing out that on July 15, CA kept referring to "three weeks or 2-1/2 wks ago" which only takes us back as far as June 24.
So what about accounting for the weeks of June 8 and 15, right?

CA was making excuses for herself not having questioned KC's whereabouts, insisting that KC show up with Caylee way before July 15 (when CA finally called 911).
CA knew she had been pushing KC to take full responsibility of Caylee and for KC to stop EXPECTING her to be Caylee's nighttime "mom".
KC complained to her friends that CA took over as Caylee's "mom".
KC expected CA to watch Caylee every night and every weekend. Everything had to be KC's way - total compliance of her rules.
CA was expected to babysit whenever KC demanded but never to bleed over into the role of "mom" to Caylee.

What has everybody furious now is that CA is downplaying the conflict they were embroiled in and she is pretending everything was just hunky-dory at the Ant's house prior to KC leaving the house with Caylee.
CA knows she pushed her sicko daughter over the edge thus her quilt. CA cannot accept the "sicko" part of KC.

Back to the topic - date mixup - CA lied and she did it on purpose (my opinion).
Now if only we could discover why she felt the need to lie, we'd be further along in knowing the whole truth as to what happened to Caylee and why.

*snipped*
(above bolded by me)

This is the best explanation I've heard so far as to why G & C &, possibly, L, may have gotten the dates (and maybe some other things) confused. I've thought all along it was due to how emotionally devastated, shocked, etc. they must have been, rather than with the intention of misleading LE & others.

The way you put it here, that "looking back" was just not a priority for them makes a lot of sense to me. They believed Casey was innocent, at least of deliberating causing harm to her own 2 year old daughter. They believed/hoped Caylee was alive and that, perhaps every second counted towards finding her and that was all they could focus on. In their minds where Caylee was now was what mattered. And if any other date mattered it would likely be when Casey saw her last, not them. Of course they couldn't have been very rational at a time like that anyway.

JMHO and all speculation of course.

This "date confusion" has always been a stumbling block for me, too. First, because all 4 Anthonys agreed on the same date. Second, because they never discovered the mistake themselves ~ LE had to point it out to them. And thirdly, because six long days after they gave the wrong date not a single one of the 4 had corrected the error. LE brought the video to their house the night before the bond hearing ~ six days later, and showed them the conflict in their dates. Then they said Oh, yeah - Fathers' Day? :waitasec:

Whenever I lose something (of value or not), the very first thing I do is try to remember where and when I saw it or used it last. I'm sure it's a common practice. So the being so busy trying to find Caylee that they weren't "looking backward" theory doesn't ring true to me. It seems like they would want to rehash every small detail about the last time they were last with her . . . ?

Hi! If I understand you correctly, you are pointing out that on July 15, CA kept referring to "three weeks or 2-1/2 wks ago" which only takes us back as far as June 24.
So what about accounting for the weeks of June 8 and 15, right?

Hello: thanks for answering. This stuff will really mess with your head.

I am saying that for the week of June 3rd till July 15th Cindy Anthony(in this statement) is saying she had not seen Caylee or the car. Per her statements I posted in my post below this. I have no idea where Casey was at this time(ok...per statement analysis I do have some idea but I won't go into that here): I don't think Cindy knew(she was having a war of wills with casey with caylee in the middle) and this may be her reason for cover up. To cover up how long she let Caylee be out of her sight and listened to Casey's reasons/excuses.

I also posted that in Cindy's OrlandoSen video interview(the one where she is in Caylee's bedroom, speaking to a reporter while kneeling near Caylee's bed)she never says "father's day" when speaking of the day she and Caylee went to see her father(Caylee's great grand father). I have not read all there is to read in this case by any means but I don't remember Cindy saying Father's day. Can someone point me in this direction? Stories have changed so many times I am sure I have missed where "Father's Day" is mentioned.

;;;Jmo;;;Thanks All:waitasec:

I still think that Casey and Caylee left home the week prior to Father's Day ..

Hello: thanks for answering. This stuff will really mess with your head.

I am saying that for the week of June 3rd till July 15th Cindy Anthony(in this statement) is saying she had not seen Caylee or the car. Per her statements I posted in my post below this. I have no idea where Casey was at this time(ok...per statement analysis I do have some idea but I won't go into that here): I don't think Cindy knew(she was having a war of wills with casey with caylee in the middle) and this may be her reason for cover up. To cover up how long she let Caylee be out of her sight and listened to Casey's reasons/excuses.

I also posted that in Cindy's OrlandoSen video interview(the one where she is in Caylee's bedroom, speaking to a reporter while kneeling near Caylee's bed)she never says "father's day" when speaking of the day she and Caylee went to see her father(Caylee's great grand father). I have not read all there is to read in this case by any means but I don't remember Cindy saying Father's day. Can someone point me in this direction? Stories have changed so many times I am sure I have missed where "Father's Day" is mentioned.

;;;Jmo;;;Thanks All:waitasec:

That's the point, CA never said Father's Day. The investigators found the pictures in the camera that indicated that CA had Caylee with her on that day - proof of June 15. My opinion is CA would have remembered it had been that day since CA took Caylee along to see her dad. Others believe it was an honest mistake that CA said June 8 (not even mentioning Fathers Day).

Go to the Official Documents thread and read the first set of documents that were released. You will find some info there.:)

I think CA was trying to distance herself from the 15th and the argument she had with KC on that date. She may not have consciously been concerned that KC had done something to Caylee as a result of that argument (although I think now she feels very guilty about that), but just wanted to pretend it had never happened. MOO

Okay. Dokay! Everyone see the light come on for the newbie...after taking the suggestion to read some documents, woe/thank you, I read the interview/statement for the nursing home CA's father was at-the nurse Ms. Angel says CA and Caylee were there to visit on the 15th. I came up behind you and you said(nicely)sigh...yeah we've been thru all of that before...;)

So, now do I understand those on this thread who are saying, it seems important that CA would distance herself from a closer date she saw Caylee. She wanted to remember that the last time she saw Caylee was with her father(per her orlandoSent video)but she did not wish to reveal this memory was on the 15th. She wanted this memory, but not what else came with the 15th, so she pushed the memory back to June 8th? Is this what we are seeing?

If I have it all wrong please just correct me again, I can see it is how I will understand. Thank you.

...Jmo....

Chiquita:Banane01:, You bring up a very good point.

The last people that saw Caylee alive where concrete proof exists, are CA, CA's dad and the nursing home employees. Even SP's (mom of CA) verbal testimony is uncertain but sounds believable. What she told LE seems logical and truthful (except for a cumbersome explanation of what Caylee ate at SP's).

That brings to mind all the discussions about sociopaths, narcissists and twisted people I've read about and taken part in here on websleuths. What if the ultimate sociopath is CA and she is willing to pass her neglect (or GA), that resulted in harm to Caylee, over to her daughter?

The above scenario is beyond comprehension but I think needs to be outruled to ultimately convict KC. Due to GA and CA's behavior and changes in same, I distrust them and am suspect of them. They don't seem to act like grieving grandparents. There is more to their involvement than grief and stupidity alone imo.

I cannot forget a statement made by CA to KC. CA said to KC that she already gave her a month (to produce Caylee) before CA called 911. That indicates that CA had prior knowledge of "something" before she "gave" KC a month. CA can't have it both ways - either KC and Caylee were "missing" or they were not. If you cannot find/see/talk to somebody then they are missing, even if you are in contact with someone else who knows the person.

Another tidbit I can't get out of my mind is a text KC sent to Marky-Marky that stated, "I already told my mom and my brother." Told them what? She indicated that said she didn't think MM would like it. LE went out (CA or AZ:confused:) to interview him and we have not seen anything released on that.

There are many questions that still need an answer about Caylee's disappearance. Strange behaviors all around and peep's lawyered up - why?

I say book um all :behindbar:behindbar as this is rediculous! Oh I forgot, in our country we're not allowed to torture the bad guys, only the innocent.:eek: :waitasec:

Lastly, the above thoughts are not out of place on this thread because it is CA who gave the wrong "Missing" date to begin with. There were too many important dates surrounding the timeframe of Caylee's disappearance for her to have screwed that up in the first place. She lied.

So, now do I understand those on this thread who are saying, it seems important that CA would distance herself from a closer date she saw Caylee. She wanted to remember that the last time she saw Caylee was with her father(per her orlandoSent video)but she did not wish to reveal this memory was on the 15th. She wanted this memory, but not what else came with the 15th, so she pushed the memory back to June 8th? Is this what we are seeing? ...Jmo....

Yup, that's what I'm thinking.

To provoke some thought...consider

6/2-6/8 Cindy kept Caylee whilst on vacation...Casey ran free & Cindy prolly felt a little taken advantage of by 6/9. IIRC, Cindy had wanted to take off to Cocoa Beach or Ft. Myers (George parents) the preceeding weekend, but, Alex wasn't doing so well...so Cindy went up to spend Friday PM and Saturday w/ her mom & dad. Casey had to be called home in the wee hours of the morning Saturday, 6/7. So both weekends of Cindy's vacation were less than stellar, carefree, vacation-kinda-weekends.

6/9PM (speculation) Casey wanted Cindy to keep Caylee so Casey would be free to goto the Orange County Clerk's office 6/10 to deal w/ the traffic tickets - George could watch Caylee in the morning, right? right!. The flurry of calls 6/9 afternoon to Cindy suggest Casey wanted to drop Caylee @ Gentiva (again). Since Caylee spent the night @ Ricardo's we can speculate Cindy said, something like 'NFW'...prolly pissed after being taken advantage of the prior week.

Sooooo.....Casey got pissed and and said to herself..."Self, its payback time. Let the games begin!" Casey stopped taking Caylee by G&C's 6/10 except, perhaps one or two nights, (e.g Friday night). Casey had to be called home in the wee hours of the morning again Saturday, 6/14.

Of course after 6/15 we know Cindy didn't see Caylee again...but...per speculation above...this was just a big, escalating pissing contest between she & Casey from Cindy's perspective. This continued to build until all hell broke loose on 7/3 when Casey sent Cindy up to Universal on a wild goose chase and Cindy got home pissed off...enlisted Lee's help to create her MySpace epistle and sent him chasing Casey down.

So...from Cindy's little corner of the world...this hide-the-Caylee contest all started when she 'put her foot down' 6/9 after she'd not gotten the vacation she'd wanted. After seeing Cindy operate for the past several months...I'd say she's not one to let go of a grudge easily...methinks Cindy held onto that slighted feeling of 6/9 and Casey just added insult to injury. So..."6/9" was already a prominent date in Cindy's mind when it came time to start talking 'bout when Caylee "went missing" from her life. And that's a little different definition than the rest of us would be familiar with...from the outside looking in.

I cannot forget a statement made by CA to KC. CA said to KC that she already gave her a month (to produce Caylee) before CA called 911. That indicates that CA had prior knowledge of "something" before she "gave" KC a month. CA can't have it both ways - either KC and Caylee were "missing" or they were not. If you cannot find/see/talk to somebody then they are missing, even if you are in contact with someone else who knows the person.

*respectfully snipped*

IIRC, CA said in one of her statements that she had spoken to KC throughout that time and exchanged texts w/ her. She said that KC started texting more often, rather than answer the phone, so she could put Cindy off/avoid her, as Cindy kept demanding to see Caylee. Kc would tell/text her that she could see Caylee so and so place and so and so time, then she'd text when it got close to that time and cancel/make excuses as to why it couldn't happen.

So, what I'm saying is, CA was in touch w/ KC, although she did not see her or know where she actually was physically, due to KC's lying, making excuses, and generally avoiding her. So, in effect, KC was missing in Cindy's view. Caylee was missing because KC would not let her see Caylee (or so she thought). JMHO

I think when Cindy said she'd already given her a month, she was referring to the month she'd spent being put off by KC about seeing the baby, or following wild goose chases trying to see her. JMO :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back