2008.06.16 James T. says he saw Caylee alive around Noon #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was approx 3 weeks after Casey was in the guy's store looking at monitors when the blue screen came on, and the screen was obviously working then too or it would have been dark/black.
Lots of people buy large LCD monitors to hook up to their notebooks due to them having small screens.

Oh yeah....she needed it to work from home. :rolleyes:

My Walmart has an automatic door w/sensors (double doors) as well as a manual one that is clearly marked. Same at my local Target. Is there a google streetview of the walmarts in the area, that would clear that up quickly..?

If you read the pdf, it says, "Casey was coming out one of the store's interior doors".

Hi all--I haven't been here in a while, but with all this new info it looks like there's something to sink my teeth into.

RE: Caylee opening the doors by herself--I find this guy's statement pretty credible and articulate. Many stores have both automatic as well as manual opening doors. I'm guessing that Casey chose to use the manual door, so Caylee followed suit--that simple.

Apart from finding Caylee's body and the female bounty hunter's interview with the police, the statements made by J. Thompson (JT) are shocking to me. They are a first hand revelation of KC. She was so jealous of Caylee. The statements made by JT seem honest and forthcoming. He describes how he was physically attracted to KC at the moment of their meeting at his computer store on June 9th (she tried to use a check). He even gave her more attention as a customer b/c of her sexy attire and attractiveness. He thought that Caylee was adorable and well behaved. Then.. slowly but surely KC showed her very ugly side of jealousy after he offered Caylee a beanie bear. KC's response and behavior was so appalling that the poor guy wondered if he should stop giving out beanie bears altogether.

Then he sees KC the following week on June 16th!! with Caylee in tow at the Walmart. KC is walking way ahead of Caylee and even leaves the poor child to have to open the door by herself. At this point J.T. decides not to even say hi to KC because he is so turned off of her behavior. He realizes that she is heartless (his exact words) and a bad mother. Afterwards, he realizes that he may have been the last person to see Caylee alive and wishes that maybe things would have been different if he stopped to speak to them.

This tightens the timeline of when KC killed Caylee. LE must have the Walmart footage of June 16th showing Caylee and KC there. J.T. does not mention what time of the day it was that he saw them but I am assuming it's before KC meets with TonE. This also makes KC the last one to have been seen with a living Caylee. All along we have thought that Cindy was the last one to be seen with Caylee (by a non-family member) on Father's Day. I haven't finished reading the rest of the docs but for me this one stands out a lot!!!

I can very much imagine this being true, but the way the statement is worded makes me wonder how much of this is augmented by everything that's occurred SINCE the person saw little Caylee.

I think KC is a despicable person and this sounds plausible. I just wish people would shy away from ascribing feelings to small children in witness statements. Caylee could have just been having a temper tantrum about wanting something in a toy machine, and KC walked off to say "Alright, I'm leaving!" Kind of an overplayed version of the old parental standby: "Okay, bye!" Only with my son, I'd never leave him outside of a door. How irresponsible.

I sound like a KC defender, LOL. Believe me...not the case. I just think the prosecution is better served by statements that say "I saw the little girl enter the store after the mother and wondered why she was outside unattended." Just to avoid any inference of sympathy-baiting, you know?

Then again, if this statement is true...we know Caylee was dead just hours later. Makes everything possible, doesn't it?

If you read the pdf, it says, "Casey was coming out one of the store's interior doors".

Maybe they were leaving the ladies room? There is one in the front by the registers and one in the back. Maybe he was walking in and passed her there? I know this is judgemental but I can totally see Casey going into the ladies room to try and steal something. I honestly don't put that past her.

Well, if we ever get the timestamp on that (I'm sure WalMart either has surveillance video or there was a purchase made with a timed receipt), we'll know for sure whether GA was telling the truth about seeing them leave around one p.m.

It also considerably narrows not only the time she had to do the deed, but almost eliminates any other person. KC would have had to wait until her dad left for work (between 2 and 3?), go back to the house - get ready for her "Blockbuster date" with AL, and have something happen to Caylee - all within an hour or two.

To me, that also lends more credence to premeditation and not an accident. If that "flurry of calls" was actually about getting ahold of family to report an accident and not otherwise as we have speculated, then she sure gave up quick and got her tail out of there well before CA might have come home.

Also, letting a toddler straggle into a huge store 10 feet behind you is not what most "Mothers of the Year" tend to do (unless they are cold and uncaring or extremely angry). The fact that KC strode in there without even holding her child's hand makes me think she was already thinking about how to get a "babysitter" for the evening.

I wonder what, if anything, she purchased while there.

I personally don't see this as credible given the description, it sounds like someone wanting to insert themselves into the missing period with a Caylee sighting. It can easily be verified by LE and I am sure it was.

Momtective, we must have posted our threads around the same time. Cyberborg, why do you think this is not credible? This is a business owner who had an encounter with KC and Caylee. Why would he make this up? This is easily verifiable. The fact that KC try to use a check (so like her) and then couldn't purchase the monitor when the owner would not accept her check says alot. I'm not 100% sure that he saw them at the walmart but this can be easily verified by the police.

Ooh, I thought they were heading IN, not OUT. That does change my perception. I wonder if they were going out the side entrance (manual door, not automatic) and if Caylee had been unsuccessfully begging for a sticker or toy or soda from one of the machines in that little side hallway?

A couple of things are a little odd with this statement and make me wonder. He was saying that Caylee had to open the big walmart door by herself. Walmart and in particular Casselberry walmart has all automatic doors. I also don't recall phone pings for that day being in this area as this is pretty far maybe 20+ miles from her home. Going to look at the pings for that day again.

Well, if we ever get the timestamp on that (I'm sure WalMart either has surveillance video or there was a purchase made with a timed receipt), we'll know for sure whether GA was telling the truth about seeing them leave around one p.m.

It also considerably narrows not only the time she had to do the deed, but almost eliminates any other person. KC would have had to wait until her dad left for work (between 2 and 3?), go back to the house - get ready for her "Blockbuster date" with AL, and have something happen to Caylee - all within an hour or two.

To me, that also lends more credence to premeditation and not an accident. If that "flurry of calls" was actually about getting ahold of family to report an accident and not otherwise as we have speculated, then she sure gave up quick and got her tail out of there well before CA might have come home.

Also, letting a toddler straggle into a huge store 10 feet behind you is not what most "Mothers of the Year" tend to do (unless they are cold and uncaring or extremely angry). The fact that KC strode in there without even holding her child's hand makes me think she was already thinking about how to get a "babysitter" for the evening.

I wonder what, if anything, she purchased while there.

Or whose money she used. Anyone - is their a receipt for this wal-mart? I thought target was her store of choice.

I want to see if this guy gave any additional statements pertaining to what Caylee was wearing at Walmart. I am thinking perhaps what he means is that KC walked through the automatic doors without safeguarding Caylee. In other words, KC went through and he sees Caylee later several feet behind KC. I would also like to note that if this is indeed true, I cannot imagine the level of neglect that precious little girl may have experienced in her short life. My oldest is 9 and I would never let him walk through an automatic door without me because I am afraid the sensor might not see him! I would never allow my children to exit a store without being right beside me and holding my hand especially prior to walking off the curb into a parking lot.

If this is true, it's very sad. Thinking about her at the computer store "well-behaved and shy" as he said, maybe she was just sad because she knew her mom didn't want her around. Then, at Walmart -- who walks that far ahead of their 2 y/o child?!? Of course we don't know if this has been verified, but I don't doubt it's true.

Apart from finding Caylee's body and the female bounty hunter's interview with the police, the statements made by J. Thompson (JT) are shocking to me. They are a first hand revelation of KC. She was so jealous of Caylee. The statements made by JT seem honest and forthcoming. He describes how he was physically attracted to KC at the moment of their meeting at his computer store on June 9th (she tried to use a check). He even gave her more attention as a customer b/c of her sexy attire and attractiveness. He thought that Caylee was adorable and well behaved. Then.. slowly but surely KC showed her very ugly side of jealousy after he offered Caylee a beanie bear. KC's response and behavior was so appalling that the poor guy wondered if he should stop giving out beanie bears altogether.

Then he sees KC the following week on June 16th!! with Caylee in tow at the Walmart. KC is walking way ahead of Caylee and even leaves the poor child to have to open the door by herself. At this point J.T. decides not to even say hi to KC because he is so turned off of her behavior. He realizes that she is heartless (his exact words) and a bad mother. Afterwards, he realizes that he may have been the last person to see Caylee alive and wishes that maybe things would have been different if he stopped to speak to them.

This tightens the timeline of when KC killed Caylee. LE must have the Walmart footage of June 16th showing Caylee and KC there. J.T. does not mention what time of the day it was that he saw them but I am assuming it's before KC meets with TonE. This also makes KC the last one to have been seen with a living Caylee. All along we have thought that Cindy was the last one to be seen with Caylee (by a non-family member) on Father's Day. I haven't finished reading the rest of the docs but for me this one stands out a lot!!!

Where is this in the docs? Is Jim T. on the states witness list?

Here it is - new update to State's Witness list.

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20547663/detail.html

Walmart and in particular Casselberry walmart has all automatic doors.

Does it have the side hallway to the left with the soda machines and the manual door at the side entrance?

Missed that. Bathroom, maybe? Where else are there doors customers have access to *inside* Walmart?

Our Walmarts here generally have side manual doors as well. I think stores are required to have at least one manual door because of religious tenants that require members of a particular faith or faiths to avoid electronic doors, elevators, etc on some religious holidays.

Why KC, though, would opt to use the manual door I don't know. I'm not THAT lazy and try to avoid them. Or maybe it was the closest door to little Caylee and she didn't know that the automatic doors were over to the side of the one she was exiting.

Sad, if it's true, but I have issues with the wording of the statement.

If this is true, this is just another nail in her coffin. Who in the world would leave a child to open a Wal Mart door??? I can barely open them myself. That poor baby, God only knows what she endored before her murdering Mother suffocated her. :furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500