2008.07.15 Revisiting the 911 Calls

<<She probably thought KC would cave if she took her to the police station and produce Caylee>>

I remember seeing CA on a talk show (can't remember which) talking about this very thing. She said she just knew something was really wrong when Casey said "go ahead and take me to the police station". She knew then that Casey was "protecting" them if Casey would rather go to jail than to tell what happened. What a crock.

I always thought the first call was around 5:00 - 5:30 or so. The first call CA made she was IN the parking lot of a LE sub station - that was when she found out they were closed. Now if the first call was made at 8 - well then duh - of course they were closed. I haven't gone back to look at everything - but I could swear CA made the first call closer to 5 or 6 not 8.

<<What happened was really Mommy's fault>>

You're right about that. Remember the jail conversation where Casey actually has the nerve to say it's "not her fault" she's sitting in jail. I think she blames CA for calling the police in the first place.

The calls were a glimpse into "their" world. The Mother-daughter dynamic, where their animosity to each other resulted in Caylee becoming a pawn.

At the time of the 1st call, CA simply thinks KC is being a "spiteful " and not letting GMA see her beloved Caylee, so she calls the cops to up the ante.

The same is true for the 2nd call, as CA realizes that KC will not let GMA see Caylee until "tomorrow" so again CA raises the pot.

By the 3rd call, CA knows Caylee is unaccounted for & in a slip of the tongue let's the world know about the smell of death in the car.

I really think CA thought she could scare or bluff KC into telling her where Caylee was. Also, I think KC thought her mom really would not actually take her to jail, another bluff. I think these two played cat and mouse with each other so much and neither one ever followed through with anything.

Respectfully......do you think maybe that this view of things might be somewhat colored by this ongoing and growing monster of a story which started with a "routine" , rather insignificant sounding 911 call (the first one)?
....would wager that the dispatcher had heard a lot more serious stuff that day....and LE , also...none of them are "clairvoyant", that I know of..........
just askin'...........

(this is in response to Weasel...don't know why the post did not show)

<<This information was listed on a helpfindthemissing.org web site. They are listed as follows:

Call #1 7/15/2008 8:08pm
Call #2 7/15/2008 8:44pm
Call #3 7/15/2008 9:41pm

Not trashing LE or anything, but geez .... why didn't someone come out the first time she called? And now the meter reader thing with the 3 or 4 different calls. What's up with all that? I understand they're busy and all, but it just seems kind of like pulling teeth to get some attention from them.

They were non-emergency calls. Would you rather they stopped patrolling Orlando, a huge city, to take a statement about a mother with a recalcitrant child who may have stolen a car that is now back in the possession of its owner or take care of more urgent business that might be going on? They were not calls needing immediate attention. The third call makes a statement about a missing child and kidnapping. Seems to have amped up the attention and the police arrived promptly. We have to resist looking at this through 20/20 hindsight. A missing car that is in the garage isn't urgent. A missing child and the smell of a dead body in the damn car, is.

<<What happened was really Mommy's fault>>

You're right about that. Remember the jail conversation where Casey actually has the nerve to say it's "not her fault" she's sitting in jail. I think she blames CA for calling the police in the first place.

Yep, and I think she blames Cindy for what happened to Caylee too- as in if Cindy hadn't treated KC the way she did, then what happened to Caylee wouldn't have. I think these two are meshed in very, very ugly and dangerous ways, and I think poor Caylee bore the brunt of their dysfunction.

I went back to look at the time line to see what time Amy was picked up from the Mall by Cindy and did not find that info. Here is where I am heading with this. What was done from the time Cindy sent George to work after the car was brought home and when she contacted Amy, until the police arrived?
Amy picked up the guys from the airport around 4:30pm on July 15..By that time she had already taken Casey back to Tony L's house per her statement to LE. But Ricardo M. Says: Casey came to the airport July 15 Casey came to the airport. [No time given]
Page 1305 Lines 6-7 Ricardo M. Interview with LE on 7/25/2008
http://flawebhosting.net/docs092308/rm092308.pdf

So, where and with who was Casey? What time did Cindy pick up Amy from the Mall?
What time did they get to Tony L's?
What time did they leave Tony's?
Lee stated he was at the home at 8PM July 15 nobody was home so he called Cindy and she told him that Casey and her were 30 seconds away.
The first call to 911 was at Call #1 7/15/2008 8:08pm
So confused.

Cindy was trying to impress upon KC that she would do whatever it took to get her to take her to Caylee. At that point, she realized KC had been lying to her, wasn't where she'd said she was, so Cindy had decided that she was through playing hide the baby. She probably thought KC would cave if she took her to the police station and produce Caylee. I really believe she didn't know that it was too late and KC couldn't produce Caylee, at least not in a form that would make Cindy happy. The police station was closed so Cindy went home, no doubt threatening to call the police again all the way if KC didn't take her to Caylee. Wonder what KC was thinking when they drove close to where she'd dumped the body. She was probably hoping that Cindy would give her another chance, another day, so that she could take off, some how, some way. This one's not much of a planner. Trapped in the house with Cindy, with the police definitely on the table, talking to Lee, she knew she had to come up with something else because her 'one more day' was probably not going to happen. Did she tell Lee? God, I hope not. I hope families don't really protect the murderers of little children. Did Cindy know? I don't think so. KC had probably been toying with a kidnapping story over at Tony's, knowing someday she'd have to explain something to someone, but she's completely disorganized and not the most complete sandwich in the basket, and she didn't have a really good story put together yet, even after she'd known for a month she might need one. She went with it anyway. What else could she do? If Mommy found out what really happend, she'd lose Mommy forever. She hated Mommy, and in a way what happened will make Mommy pay, and Mommy deserves that. What happened was really Mommy's fault any way, so it's kind of 'justice' for Mommy, but it would be the worst thing in the world to lose Mommy, so can Mommy can NEVER know. Just talk, talk and look good, sound confident. The cops are guys, right? Might work. Always did before.

(Bolding mine)

Excellent synopsis, Yolorado. I totally agree.:clap::clap::clap:

Thanks,
Soulscape

I always thought the first call was around 5:00 - 5:30 or so. The first call CA made she was IN the parking lot of a LE sub station - that was when she found out they were closed. Now if the first call was made at 8 - well then duh - of course they were closed. I haven't gone back to look at everything - but I could swear CA made the first call closer to 5 or 6 not 8.

Now that you mention it, I recall CA SAYING on TV, I think, that she couldn't imagine the police station being closed when she went there at five, but maybe it was actually eight and she just said five. She's said several things things that turned out not quite to be on the money...like the last time she saw Caylee was on the 9th when it was really on the 15th or 16th; like LE didn't pick up the dead-body car for 2 days when it was less than 24 hours; and Caylee had almost certainly been spotted in NC, TX, Atlanta, Mexico, PR, Cali, NY, NJ, Younameit, when she'd actually been thrown away in the next swamp over.

<<Would you rather they stopped patrolling Orlando, a huge city>>

I wouldn't "rather" they stop doing anything to answer a call. I was just commenting on how many calls she made before they arrived.

IMO, did CA cry wolf to LE to many times? Was LE used to coming to the house over nothing? How many times did CA call LE and cancel out during her fits??? Maybe LE thought CA and Kc having another stupid fight? Usually LE shows up immediately........don't understand.........LE friends of kc back then??? MOO

<<Respectfully......do you think maybe that this view of things might be somewhat colored by this ongoing and growing monster of a story which started with a "routine">>

This makes sense. You're right about the dispatcher...I'm sure they had heard way more serious stuff that day. I wasn't trying to be snarky about LE.... it just struck me odd that it took that much time for a response even though I realize it wasn't an emergency at that point.

<<IMO, did CA cry wolf to LE to many times? Was LE used to coming to the house over nothing?>>

This is a good question. Hummm ....

<<Would you rather they stopped patrolling Orlando, a huge city>>

I wouldn't "rather" they stop doing anything to answer a call. I was just commenting on how many calls she made before they arrived.

The first call was made in anger over the daughter taking car/money. I would not consider that an emergency 911 call. Normally I would think press charges at the police station on Monday. Nothing was mentioned about a missing child in the first call.

They were non-emergency calls. Would you rather they stopped patrolling Orlando, a huge city, to take a statement about a mother with a recalcitrant child who may have stolen a car that is now back in the possession of its owner or take care of more urgent business that might be going on? They were not calls needing immediate attention. The third call makes a statement about a missing child and kidnapping. Seems to have amped up the attention and the police arrived promptly. We have to resist looking at this through 20/20 hindsight. A missing car that is in the garage isn't urgent. A missing child and the smell of a dead body in the damn car, is.

I called OCSO years ago because someone had stolen some property. It was a non-emergency and they responded in about two hours.

A few years after that, I called them because a neighborhood man had invited my son, who had ridden his bike around the block, to come in to his house, he had some comic books he could have.

OCSO showed up in less than ten minutes that time and investigated quite thoroughly.

That is a lot of time to come up with what they thought was a "good" cover story and start hiding/covering up evidence.

I really disagree with the thought that the Anthony's were covering up for KC from the beginning.

I highly doubt that when CA made that first 911 call that she thought Caylee was dead. It seemed more like she was using the police to get KC to bring her to Caylee. There is a clear difference in the voice from the first and second calls, to the last one. She went from angry to panicked when she realized that KC wasn't just being spiteful, and Caylee was in fact missing.

I know most of us don't agree with a lot of the Anthony family's actions in the past six months, but I cannot believe that they knew from the beginning that Caylee was murdered and then proceeded to knowingly cover it up. KC has that family so blinded, and it doesn't take a lot of effort to convinice a grandmother that if she makes the wrong move she will be killing her own granddaughter. They were all manipulated into believing KC, and I feel like they are all victims in this. All my opinion...

for the life of me I wouldn't be able to find this but there was a post sometime ago about a conversation between ca and kc right as the phone was being handed to kc to speak with LE--at that point someone heard her complain that she wouldn't be able to speak to tonE----shows where her concern was at that point.....:furious:

I went back to look at the time line to see what time Amy was picked up from the Mall by Cindy and did not find that info. Here is where I am heading with this. What was done from the time Cindy sent George to work after the car was brought home and when she contacted Amy, until the police arrived?
Amy picked up the guys from the airport around 4:30pm on July 15..By that time she had already taken Casey back to Tony L's house per her statement to LE. But Ricardo M. Says: Casey came to the airport July 15 Casey came to the airport. [No time given]
Page 1305 Lines 6-7 Ricardo M. Interview with LE on 7/25/2008
http://flawebhosting.net/docs092308/rm092308.pdf

So, where and with who was Casey? What time did Cindy pick up Amy from the Mall?
What time did they get to Tony L's?
What time did they leave Tony's?
Lee stated he was at the home at 8PM July 15 nobody was home so he called Cindy and she told him that Casey and her were 30 seconds away.
The first call to 911 was at Call #1 7/15/2008 8:08pm
So confused.

I'm trying to get this figured out myself.
TL statement 7/22/08 starting on page 30
Doesn't say what time AH and CA arrived but says that they stayed for at least 30 minutes before leaving. He starts wondering what is going on so alittle after 8:00 p.m. he tries texting KC only to find out he still has her phone. Then about 20-30 minutes after that LA calls.
http://www.wftv.com/download/2008/0923/17540075.pdf

Still working on it but wanted to post what I found so far. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back