2008.07.25 Discuss Jail Visit with George & Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! but seriously...It's pretty amazing how Casey really does find a way to bring EVERYTHING back to her-- even in the most awkward and egregious ways. I noted that George tended to sit back and/or cross his arms when Casey would steer the conversation to something insipid about herself.
Casey really does view herself as a perpetual child-- she's in JAIL and a person of interest in her child's disappearance and yet she bounds into the booth beaming and announces "I ATE COLESLAW TODAY!!" like she's an infant who's starting to experiment with "grown-up foods."
wtf.

My favorite was the comparing the reward money amount to her bond amount. Pssst, here is a clue honey, if they can find your child you won't need that pesky bond. If she is alive no murder charge, if she is dead no bond.

Cindy says that Yuri believes 'you guys' did something to Caylee and Casey gets up and leaves. Time for a potty break or what?

Oh...she's back.

WHAT? She had to leave because she's under protective custody and can't be there if there's another inmate there. Cindy says, "Oh, there's another inmate there?" and Casey says no. Where's that head banging smiley?

LOL! but seriously...It's pretty amazing how Casey really does find a way to bring EVERYTHING back to her-- even in the most awkward and egregious ways. I noted that George tended to sit back and/or cross his arms when Casey would steer the conversation to something insipid about herself.
Casey really does view herself as a perpetual child-- she's in JAIL and a person of interest in her child's disappearance and yet she bounds into the booth beaming and announces "I ATE COLESLAW TODAY!!" like she's an infant who's starting to experiment with "grown-up foods."
wtf.

And then she reminds them that she still won't eat gravy unless it's made by her mommy or grandmommy. :puke:

My favorite was the comparing the reward money amount to her bond amount. Pssst, here is a clue honey, if they can find your child you won't need that pesky bond. If she is alive no murder charge, if she is dead no bond.

Me too...that made me nuts. Who cares about your freakin' bond? Why would you even think about your bond when mentioning Caylee's reward money? Weird.

wtf.

And their constant one up each other thing, if Cindy talks of missing Caylee then KC tries to one up it!

I'm not seeing it that way. I think Cindy is trying every way she can find to ask questions about what happened without actually accusing Casey of anything. She afraid Casey is going to clam up. I think that's the real reason there are no more visits, Casey doesn't want to play the game anymore.

lol, We'll never see the same way regarding this case. I think the GP's are horrid, you think they are grieving grandarents. IIRC, Cindy has stated that they do not visit Casey because they are recorded.

This interview is just full of gems. I particularly appreciate;

KC bemoaning that her jailhouse juice is does not contain fruit juice

KC marveling that the reward for her missing child is nearly half her bond

KC saying that when Caylee comes hom she will get a job

Cindy telling KC she doesn't need to work

I could go on...

lol, We'll never see the same way regarding this case. I think the GP's are horrid, you think they are grieving grandarents. IIRC, Cindy has stated that they do not visit Casey because they are recorded.

I can't see that being the real reason. They could visit and talk about all kinds of things not related to the case. I think Casey has refused visits. Cindy would never admit that. She may not even know it, if that is the case.

How many opportunities is George going to give Casey to admit to what happened before he realizes that there is no way she's going to do it?

I started to take notes on the statements made from about the 1/4 mark of this visit. I'll share them for anyone who wants some cliff notes and/or to comment on the specific items -- I'm so glad these have been released!:woohoo:

-Casey says LE is “full of ” and haven’t given Casey a line-up or sketch artist to help identify or make a composite sketch of ZFG
-Casey is asking Baez and his associate Gabriel for a sketch artist.
-ZFG always goes by her full name and LE has been incorrectly searching for her as either ZG or ZF.
-ZFG’s father or stepfather is named Victor. Her mother is named Gloria.
-then Casey changes her story and says Victor “legally adopted ZFG”
-ZFG is an inch shorter than George, about 5’7 or 5’8 (* George adjusts himself in his chair at this point and I view this as a little dig at George who is apparently not very tall. I see Casey doing this a few times during the visit)
-Casey says ZFG straightens her hair. She reminds Cindy that ZFG gave Casey her hair straightener. (*an appeal to try to make Cindy imagine she knows that ZFG is real, IMO)
-Casey says ZFG is very thin and has a “little more meat” on her than Casey. (*again, back to Casey)
-ZFG has an older sister (1-1.5 years older than ZFG) and she is named “Samantha” and Casey feels this is “the whitest name possible” (*??) and states that ZFG and Samantha “have different dads”
-Samantha was a student at UCF within the last 12 months.
-Zanny “went out to Cocoa” (beach) with Caylee a few times
-Casey alludes to the list of places she’s given Lee and tells Cindy that this list is a “good start” for Cindy's investigation.
-there is a “story about a boat” -- Casey wasn’t there but this is apparently something they have previously discussed. (* never heard this before?- wonder what the boat thing is all about)
-Cindy asks about Jeff's appearance and Casey says Jeff always dressed "preppy." Cindy asked if he wore horn-rimmed glasses. Casey said he didn’t wear glasses but wore “reasonably tight jeans” and fitted polos— always “dressed very nicely.”
-Casey cannot recall Jeff’s sister’s “married name”
-Casey hasn’t heard from Zanny’s roommates but she has given their names to LE and they “never did anything with” them.
-Zanny’s alleged roommates are “Raquel Farrell” (worked briefly at ABC Corp. but Casey doesn’t know when; Raquel was a student and had served at a couple restaurants, including “a Fridays” but Casey doesn’t know if it was local) and “Jennifer Rosa” (worked for ABC Distribution Catalogue within the last year)
-Casey last saw Raquel and Jennifer “easily a month and a half ago, maybe”
-Raquel and Jennifer both came from “families of decent amounts of money, which is why they didn’t have to have substantial jobs.”
-Casey immediately asks if George has anything to add to this topic (*a jab at George who the family seems to fault for the Anthony's not having "a decent amount of money??)
-Cindy talks about getting a flat tire recently and Casey becomes giddy and chimes “hey! Guess what! That happened to me!!” (*Casey consistently brings almost every topic back to herself in really awkward and alarming ways. Narcissism Patrol!:razz:)
-Cindy then immediately changes topic to ask if Casey knows that Trenton Duckett’s father has been helping them. Casey says Jose told her about this and Casey says she "guesses that’s good” because she guesses he’s a very resourceful person.
-Cindy asks if Casey knows the reward for finding Caylee and asks if Casey can imagine. Cindy tells her it’s $225 k and Casey says “jesus christ...”
-Cindy emphasizes that everyone wants Caylee back and that many are helping.
-Cindy says she only gets one or two “not nice phone calls a day” and that most people believe in Casey and want to help. Casey should “keep her head up” and “not be afraid of anyone.” Cindy implores Casey to “get her strength” from Cindy and George and Lee and Cindy says she “knows (Casey) has it in her.”
-Cindy tells Casey she doesn’t need to protect the family. The family has been through a lot. Casey cries and sighs.
-George offers an analogy for their family. He asks Casey to think of George as “the thumb” and says Cindy likes to point just like Caylee. Casey and George laugh and agree that maybe Cindy is actually the middle finger. Then George explains that the next fingers are Lee and Casey and George emphasizes that the “little finger— that pinky, that’s Caylee.” George asks Casey to think of her hand as her family and think that “this is us— the family that loves each other and cares and needs to be together ---and we’re missing two fingers." -Casey breaks in and says “I’m still here.” and sighs. (*No mention to Caylee until George explains “we’re trying to find that little girl.”)
-George asks if Casey would be interested in talking to the FBI and Casey says that she’ll talk to anyone her parents want to bring in.
Cindy asks if it’s just local police Casey doesn’t feel comfortable with— Casey says it’s Allen and Melich she distrusts. Casey says she would prefer to speak to “Happy Wells”
-Cindy asks if she needs Jose present and Casey says she would talk to “Happy” alone or with Jose bc they have had a lot of conversations together and he was “very concerned with Caylee— wanting to find Caylee— that was his priority.” Casey says “Happy” is someone she felt very comfortable talking to and he is someone who would go out of his way to help George and Cindy. Casey says Happy was at the house when she was picked up Wednesday morning.
-Cindy says LE really wants to talk to Casey and Casey says she would “absolutely talk to Happy today.”
-Casey doesn’t want to talk to anyone who is going to “tell her that she’s lying”, or who is going to “belittle” her or won’t “listen to what she’s saying to them.” She needs someone that is going to “take the information that she’s giving them.”
-Cindy wants to leave five minutes earlier to escape the media thru the back door.
-Casey says she’s “leaving it to C & G’s discretion” whether she should talk to LE with or without her atty. Cindy says she needs her atty present.
-Casey says she told Lee to “look locally” and that it’s “not gonna hurt to look.”
-George asks if there’s perhaps a female officer Casey could talk with but Casey says she wants Happy.
-Cindy says the quicker they find Caylee, the quicker Casey can come home.
-Cindy says they are trying to build a case against Casey and Casey says she knows that and that the “two detectives” are doing that and this is why she doesn’t want to speak to them. ("them", is presumably Det. Allen and Melich)
-Cindy encourages Casey to stay positive and Casey says she has been.
Cindy asks if she feels Caylee is still local “after this long” and Casey says her gut tells her Caylee is still ok and that she’s “not far” she “knows in her heart” Caylee’s “not far” and she “can feel it.”
-Cindy says they will try to get a sketch artist and Happy and the FBI to come talk to Casey.
-Casey asks if Cindy has talked to Ryan and asks if Ryan has gotten any leads in Jacksonville. Casey says Ryan is a person Cindy should talk to. Cindy hasn’t talked to Ryan in days and says that Casey’s “immediate friends here (Corey and Shawn and Chris and all those guys” feel “connected with Cindy “ to get to Casey" because they see Cindy in Casey and Casey in Cindy. (*LOTS of talk about how Casey and Cindy are the "same" throughout this session.) Casey says “oh, I know...” and explains her male friends are her big brothers and her “other boys.”
-Cindy says Jose promises everything will make sense once they have found Caylee and Casey says ...”it’ll have to make sense at that point.” and says some incoherent and non-responsive things and then asks for a time-check.
-Cindy says Lee has been “a rock “for all of them. Cindy says Casey doesn’t know all that the family has done to pull together for Casey and Casey says LE told her about it and continues to ramble and wipe her eyes and then the tape cuts out.
-The timing is skewed, but it seems that once George and Cindy are gone, the whimpering and eye wiping stop and Casey looks pretty composed and fixes her hair in the glass and leaves the booth, blank expressioned.

Whining, "I just want to go home. I just want to go home. Every day I just wake up hoping and praying that I get to go home."

Your child. Your child. Your child. Remember her? Yeah.

I can't see that being the real reason. They could visit and talk about all kinds of things not related to the case. I think Casey has refused visits. Cindy would never admit that. She may not even know it, if that is the case.

Alot is Baez, he's blocked alot of people from Casey.

Cindy says that Yuri believes 'you guys' did something to Caylee and Casey gets up and leaves. Time for a potty break or what?

Oh...she's back.

WHAT? She had to leave because she's under protective custody and can't be there if there's another inmate there. Cindy says, "Oh, there's another inmate there?" and Casey says no. Where's that head banging smiley?

yeah! I think Casey totally just jumped up to avoid the heat of that question. And then returns explaining the tenets of her protective custody and that it's for her safety. I can't STAND Casey.

"I'm fine. I'm eating to the best of my ability."

Isn't that nice, while Cindy is wasting away to nothing.

Oh geez.

Casey: I would NEVER feed Caylee a bagel and egg.

Cindy: Caylee LIKES bagels and eggs.

Casey: SO DO I!

What kind of conversation is this???

I know, WTH?

How many opportunities is George going to give Casey to admit to what happened before he realizes that there is no way she's going to do it?
Exactly! I appreciate what they tried to do. I *think* they were pouring on the lovey-dovey bs out of fear they'd say something that would set her off and she would refuse to talk at all. Catching flies with sugar and all that. But at some point didn't they realize that she was milking them, playing them for fools? In her mind: Only I know the answers. I hold the key. As long as I keep handing out BS, they'll keep lapping it up, and all of the attention will be on ME. ME!

Nancy botwin: Casey says ZFG straightens her hair. She reminds Cindy that ZFG gave Casey her hair straightener. (*an appeal to try to make Cindy imagine she knows that ZFG is real, IMO)

That is actually one of the more clever things she has done.

Exactly! I appreciate what they tried to do. I *think* they were pouring on the lovey-dovey bs out of fear they'd say something that would set her off and she would refuse to talk at all. Catching flies with sugar and all that. But at some point didn't they realize that she was milking them, playing them for fools? In her mind: Only I know the answers. I hold the key. As long as I keep handing out BS, they'll keep lapping it up, and all of the attention will be on ME. ME!

I definitely get the impression that they're not buying everything Casey says, and Cindy very gently questions a lot of Casey's inconsistencies, but she never follows through and calls Casey on it. It makes me want to pull my hair out.

Oh, Casey the hero doesn't want "other people's rights violated in the media"

YOU mentioned JH and ZFG and everyone else. YOU dragged them into this.

My apologies for not reading through all posts and this may have been addressed....What sticks out to me the most is that we now got a glimpse of what LP said when he told us the family walks on eggshells around KC!!!

:sick:

What's got me is the comment (paraphrasing here)

"You've been the best grandparents... I'm so glad Caylee had you guys....(then backtracking) That she STILL has you..."

(bolding mine, obviously)

Right.

That made me stop in my tracks.

Also I love how Casey is talking about ZFG, and her "sister" is "Samantha" then Casey quickly says "She has like the whitest name possible...(and quickly adds) "They have different dads."

She just makes it up as she goes along...

When I heard that, it send shivers down my spine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther