2008.07.25 "I wish I'd been a better dad...", said George to Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
By George even saying that, he once again turned it all around to be all about him. IMO, that whiny complaining attitude is just an excuse. He's done it many times when trying to blame Cindy for his avoidance. Maybe he did blow up and yell at Casey when he wasn't running away from problems though. Maybe he's only talking about money. Who knows. Psychopaths can make people blame themselves and any parent would feel guilty.

What parent wouldn't say that - oh yeah, Cindy wouldn't. She still wanted to brag that KC takes after her in being that kind of perfect mother. At least, George struggles with his role in this, and wonders if he could've stopped it. I think that's a decent way to approach your remorse that your daughter did a terrible thing. But, I also think there was no stopping nature, and nuture in that household added fuel to the making of an explosive. I think George always feels guilty, less than, ineffective. Please, this is JMHO.

CA's part in her marriage to GA was to ensure that her children had some respect for their father. Instead it appears she encouraged them to find fault. She was the better parent, they could rely on her, she was the boss, GA was just a thorn in her side. Instead of pulling together as they are now, they were pulling in opposite directions but I fault CA for that. As a parent and partner you either put your foot down and say "Enough" or you look the other way. This family are experts at denial. jmo

George can hope and wish that he was a better dad but by telling Casey that it gives her tools for projection. IMOO.

I can understand why he feels that way. We all have some type of regret when things go wrong with our children. Thinking what we could of or should of done differently had we knew then what we know know.

Well almost all of us do some self reflection. What it does do at this point is gives Casey an excuse for her own behavior.

The whole time taking a deep breathe (smiling inside and thinking there I feel better) while telling the world see....even he knows this is his fault.

I personally wished that Casey would of been a better mother.

George can hope and wish that he was a better dad but by telling Casey that it gives her tools for projection. IMOO.

I can understand why he feels that way. We all have some type of regret when things go wrong with our children. Thinking what we could of or should of done differently had we knew then what we know know.

Well almost all of us do some self reflection. What it does do at this point is gives Casey an excuse for her own behavior.

The whole time taking a deep breathe (smiling inside and thinking there I feel better) while telling the world see....even he knows this is his fault.

I personally wished that Casey would of been a better mother.

Along your same line of thinking, Angel, I wish George would be a better grandparent. It just shows how its all about Casey. George wants to go back and examine the past, and wish he had done things better. How about wishing you had protected Caylee. How about doing something for her now?

I was once married to a George, I say once because when our son turned two I couldn't take it any more. HE had 8 jobs in that three years of wedded nonbliss and even that would've been okay except for his habit of wanting to play the naughty child and not in the fun "I'm the student, you're the hot teacher" way :D

He wanted me to tell him what to do, how to do it, and when to stop. At first I thought he was immature but then I realized that it was his way of avoiding responsiblity. When things went bad he'd shrug his shoulders and blame me since I told him what to do. Unfortunately, when I decided to stop and hopefully gain a husband instead of a child, he found someone who loved being the boss.
George reminds me a lot of him. He let Cindy tell him what to do, effectively making him a gelding but in reality George then could avoid blame for anything he did (bad bad Georgie, you be good now you irresponsible scamp) and Cindy seems to have enjoyed being in charge. But she also played those kids to disrespect their Dad, to make fun of him, to humilate him.

Could George have been a better Father? yup without a doubt but do I think he really meant it in that statement? no sir! I think he was just good old George being good old George the screw up, saying something to absolve himself of blame in how she turned out... "I wish I'd been a better Dad" with "but I wasn't so look at what your Mother turned you into and I didn't because I wasn't a Dad in the true sense of the word" left off the end of his sentence.

Along your same line of thinking, Angel, I wish George would be a better grandparent. It just shows how its all about Casey. George wants to go back and examine the past, and wish he had done things better. How about wishing you had protected Caylee. How about doing something for her now?

ITA. He can't change the past. He can make a gift out of the present by putting Casey behind him and Caylee beside him in the choices that he makes in the future.

I was once married to a George, I say once because when our son turned two I couldn't take it any more. HE had 8 jobs in that three years of wedded nonbliss and even that would've been okay except for his habit of wanting to play the naughty child and not in the fun "I'm the student, you're the hot teacher" way :D

He wanted me to tell him what to do, how to do it, and when to stop. At first I thought he was immature but then I realized that it was his way of avoiding responsiblity. When things went bad he'd shrug his shoulders and blame me since I told him what to do. Unfortunately, when I decided to stop and hopefully gain a husband instead of a child, he found someone who loved being the boss.
George reminds me a lot of him. He let Cindy tell him what to do, effectively making him a gelding but in reality George then could avoid blame for anything he did (bad bad Georgie, you be good now you irresponsible scamp) and Cindy seems to have enjoyed being in charge. But she also played those kids to disrespect their Dad, to make fun of him, to humilate him.

Could George have been a better Father? yup without a doubt but do I think he really meant it in that statement? no sir! I think he was just good old George being good old George the screw up, saying something to absolve himself of blame in how she turned out... "I wish I'd been a better Dad" with "but I wasn't so look at what your Mother turned you into and I didn't because I wasn't a Dad in the true sense of the word" left off the end of his sentence.

Huh! You too, eh? :banghead:

Agree Searchfortruth, and you may know the saying - you may truly forgive your parents no matter what your background when you understand they were doing the best job they knew how and were capable of doing. (given their own stuff)

O/T
""I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better." — Maya Angelou

What I want to ask him is where the heck where you for Caylee? Forget Casey, you really screwed up there, but you could have had a second chance with Caylee. And instead, you buried your head in the sand and let Cindy do everything, and look what happened. You can say you wanted to be a better dad, but you should have been a better grandparent. You should have protected that child from her sociopathic mother. If you couldn't have been a good dad, you could have at least been a good grandparent. But you're weren't either and you continue to not be either. That's your choice and you have to live with it. Maybe that's why you look so downtrodden and beaten these days. You know you're no good at any sort of parenting and you still won't try to make things right lest you upset the dragon, I mean Cindy. You're even willing to be a child molester to let Casey slide on killing your precious granddaughter. When does it stop? When will you finally draw a line and not allow Casey to cross it?

By the way, once you're labeled a child molester or a molester of any sort, that title STICKS WITH YOU. You can't take it back later, or say you did it to get Casey off of the hook. This is bad, bad territory you're heading into George. You don't want a label like that following you for the rest of your life. But that's your chocie if you decide to let yourself be falsely labeled to save Casey. And you know full well she wouldn't EVER do the same for you.

That whole family is messed up, but they'll never admit it. And Caylee has been totally lost to them in more ways than one in the process. That's the saddest thing of all here. What a waste, what a total waste that family was to poor Caylee.

GA & CA should have divorced and stayed divorced quite a long time ago. They were in that process...(weren't they?) but when GA came back (from staying with his parents?) he came home to Caylee duty. Do I have that right?

Did GA possibly leave because of the whole Caylee issue?? But..in the videos he seems to sincerely enjoy Caylee. One thing really stands out when I think of all this. Somewhere (FBI interview?) GA says something like "Cindy let me know that Casey and Caylee come first, that they would always have a place to live---The three of them (CA, Caylee and KC) could get along just great in that house--just them" HMMMMMM.

GA, for whatever reason, was/is a "castrated" man. He lets his women run the show (that is lost on no one). But, I think CA felt GA gave her status and she wanted to stay together because of that.

GA has always been narcissistic under the aw shucks presentation. He feels guilty now that he neglected his family.

"I wish I'd been a better father!" Well, George, that ship has sailed and sunk! Caylee died in that shipwreck! KC will never come home and will most probably become an old woman behind bars blaming her lot in life on you (and various other people as her mind continues to warp). Heck, in a few years, KC may say Zanny was with the CIA and that the government took her!:banghead:
You can't have a second chance at being a better grandfather till Lee gives you that chance someday. Hopefully, that is many years down the road-if the turtle training works. You're still CHOOSING to be the same husband you CHOSE to be for many years! So, that leaves you one last option-try being a better person! One who doesn't whine about the mess he and family is in (by their own actions and inactions - IMO) by blaming the media, LE and bloggers! Try to become a person who recognizes the mistakes of the past and owns them. Only then can you become "better."
Becoming "better" means looking hard at that man in the mirror and the little girl on your chest and doing the right thing! Your reward-Caylee would be proud of her JOJO!!
It is a choice-it's your choice to live a tormented life or come out and do the right thing for a little girl who never got to grow up!:furious:

I am not George Anthony's biggest fan, but I do think he was sincere when he made this statement. I think that almost everyone does some some soul searching when something terrible happens. All the coulda, woulda, shouldas flood your brain, and you wind up saying 'if only I had done....'.

George will have one last chance if he testifies at trial. I do not envy him the choices he will have to make or the life he will have to live with as a result of those choises.

George took close to $5000 from the woman who was in the news a few months back (she is the one who tried to commit suicide and her sister went on Nancy Grace and talked about their relationship).

This woman said she went to bring flowers to Cindy and when Cindy answered the door, obviously distraught, as she was leaving Cindy asked if George were taking money from her and she said yes and Cindy apparently looked disgusted.

George is the proverbial sleeze who happens to take a shower and look nice and tidy. But aside from the Nigerian scam where he was scammed out of 30,000 by way of Cindy, he has screwed up a number of businesses by bad decisions (what a shock) and according to Rick, Cindy's brother, George put his father's head (I find it this to be a bit exaggerated because I think the man would have been in the hospital and we would have heard about it - but I do believe there was a physical altercation) through the car window.

Point is George does very little on his own and when he does, he usually screws it up aside from laying cement and mowing the lawn, this man is fairly stupid.

George took close to $5000 from the woman who was in the news a few months back (she is the one who tried to commit suicide and her sister went on Nancy Grace and talked about their relationship).

This woman said she went to bring flowers to Cindy and when Cindy answered the door, obviously distraught, as she was leaving Cindy asked if George were taking money from her and she said yes and Cindy apparently looked disgusted.

George is the proverbial sleeze who happens to take a shower and look nice and tidy. But aside from the Nigerian scam where he was scammed out of 30,000 by way of Cindy, he has screwed up a number of businesses by bad decisions (what a shock) and according to Rick, Cindy's brother, George put his father's head (I find it this to be a bit exaggerated because I think the man would have been in the hospital and we would have heard about it - but I do believe there was a physical altercation) through the car window.

Point is George does very little on his own and when he does, he usually screws it up aside from laying cement and mowing the lawn, this man is fairly stupid.

It's very sad because what he caused by not leaving (or changing his ways) is another him. He allowed his daughter to become just like him and he knew the entire time that it was happening. He allowed the mother of his children to suck of them of any humanity and he was too weak to do anything about it.

My mother was like a magnet to these types of men (she could be Cindy's twin) and they were allowed to get away with things a mother wouldn't dream of letting her children get away with but because she allowed her men to get away with them we just threw them in her face when she wanted to toss us into the trash can for doing the same things. And becase she didn't want to be called on the woman she was to these men (reality is a b!tch sometimes and facing who you are is not always easy when your reflection is unpretty)- she stopped calling us on our behaviors. She allowed my sister to do cocaine WITH her stepfather and then threw them both out after stealing from her but paid for them to have a motel room to contiune their behaviors. She allowed my brother to become involved in a robbery with her husband of the place her own husband worked at, and then she helped them stash the money. Me, me, me I know how how it sounds lol- but my point in sharing this is that these women know what is happening, they know they are being taken advantage of and stole from and lied to, they know their spouse is not a good role model for their children.. they know they are making the wrong choices not only for themselves but for their children. But it doesn't matter- they stay and stay and allow and allow then look back and say "well nobody even respects me, nobody even cares how I feel" but they created it, they taught nobody to respect them.. they were unworthy of respect. Who in their right minds would respect a person that allows others to treat them that way?

This is not the way to parent- you are destroying your children before they even have a chance... you are teaching them to behave this way, I don't care what anyone says! yeah, yeah I know the whole psychopath/sociopath debate but having grown up this way- in this kind of dysfunction, I also know that one does not have to be born with any such gene to end up with the types of behaviors we see in this family. This was allowed to grow and fester, everybody turned a blind eye, even the woman who claims to "love" her children so much. This is not love, this is sickness and doing nothing about it creates more sickness.

I am not George Anthony's biggest fan, but I do think he was sincere when he made this statement. I think that almost everyone does some some soul searching when something terrible happens. All the coulda, woulda, shouldas flood your brain, and you wind up saying 'if only I had done....'.

George will have one last chance if he testifies at trial. I do not envy him the choices he will have to make or the life he will have to live with as a result of those choises.

I just pray he can live with the choice he decides to make.

A man child.

Good for you for getting out!!! :blowkiss:

"I wish I'd been a better father!" Well, George, that ship has sailed and sunk! Caylee died in that shipwreck! KC will never come home and will most probably become an old woman behind bars blaming her lot in life on you (and various other people as her mind continues to warp). Heck, in a few years, KC may say Zanny was with the CIA and that the government took her!:banghead:
You can't have a second chance at being a better grandfather till Lee gives you that chance someday. Hopefully, that is many years down the road-if the turtle training works. You're still CHOOSING to be the same husband you CHOSE to be for many years! So, that leaves you one last option-try being a better person! One who doesn't whine about the mess he and family is in (by their own actions and inactions - IMO) by blaming the media, LE and bloggers! Try to become a person who recognizes the mistakes of the past and owns them. Only then can you become "better."
Becoming "better" means looking hard at that man in the mirror and the little girl on your chest and doing the right thing! Your reward-Caylee would be proud of her JOJO!!
It is a choice-it's your choice to live a tormented life or come out and do the right thing for a little girl who never got to grow up!:furious:

:clap:

And might I add re: the part I bolded above--"doing the right thing" means TELL THE TRUTH. All of it. The ugly truth. The hard truth. And own up when the ugly involves you, and be honest when it involves your family members.

MOO.

:clap:

And might I add re: the part I bolded above--"doing the right thing" means TELL THE TRUTH. All of it. The ugly truth. The hard truth. And own up when the ugly involves you, and be honest when it involves your family members.

MOO.

Amen!

I think George facing the truth about who he is and what he has done and allowed others to do would be his first step toward freedom and possible happiness in the future. Things don't just go away without being faced.. he had a desire to DIE not that long ago (i know he didn't actually do it but he was in enough pain and had enough guilt to see it as a viable option if only for a minute) that will not just fade away without dealing with what caused him to feel it. I think George will "attempt" suicide again if he keeps up with his lies because he knows what he is doing is wrong- that is the sign of a person who feels human emotions, unlike his wife and child who have no guilt at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge