2008.07.28 Lee A. Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
LA: But uhm, but yeah sometime in between that time it was uh, uhm conveyed by my father that my sister had shown up to uh, get a change of clothes. Uhm, he was already at home like at a break from work or something like that. He heard the garage door open, Casey comes in, "hey dad, I'm here to get a change of clothes." She gets a change of clothes and goes to leave outside the house, my dad follows her outside the house to try to say you know, we haven't seen you, you know what's going on? Is everything okay blah, blah, blah and uhm, it was at that time when uhm, my sister was going to throw you know, the change of clothes that she had just gotten, she was going to put them in the trunk. And you know, my father, he had a motive. He knew that the, that the gas cans were in the trunk. (laughs) So uhm, she kind of returned them forcefully, by saying, "here are your f-ing gas cans" and, and you know.
She was going to put her change of clothes in her car trunk?

I would think a mother with her daughter's dead body in the car trunk would avoid opening the car trunk. But, KC is using the trunk to stash gas cans, Tony's trash and a change of clothes right along with the body. If I had a body in my trunk I'd keep my trunk closed. I'd store the gas cans, clothes and Tony's trash in the back of my car.

Hello WS :)

(continued)
LE: The 9th and the 10th she actually stays uhm...
LA: Ricardo
LE: ...Ricardo?
LA: Ricardo, Ca...Casey...
LE: (inaudible)
LA: ...and Caylee both stay with Ricardo on the 19th.
LE: And she's seen by...
LA: or the 9th rather.
LE: ...Troy?
LA: Yes
LE: So we know its not the 9th or 10th?
LA: Right
(skip)
LA: I, I'm pretty sure I would know why Casey would have come up with the 9th initially.
LE: Why is that?
LA: It was pretty much obvious to me, my mom's frantic because remember she swore up and down the last time I, I've seen my granddaughter is the 8th.
LE: Oh, mom planted the seed?
LA: Exactly, so of course, whether my sister intentionally said the 9th or not...
LE: Hmmm
LA: ...or meant to think the 9th she meant to say 31 days, you don't...
LE: Right
(skip)
LA: So my mom could have influenced that, not you know...
LE: So your thinking...
LA: ...not on purpose butt...
LE: ...your mom would have said the last time I saw my baby was the 15th...
LA: She's thinking out loud?
LE: ...your sister may have picked the 16th?
LA: She would have said the 16th. she would have followed suit with that. I mean it, it was you could hear every, even though we were separated you could hear everybody, everything everyone else was saying. So prior to taking a statement, an official statement from my sister she had already heard all these dates and all this info being thrown out there. So, just being, I would imagine already being in a high emotional state anyway uh, naturally she's gong to assume, well mom's probably got her stuff together. (laughs) That's, she probably wouldn't have even of, thought twice to think 31 days. You know its easy to count, but you know, if she would even have known what physical date it was.
LE: (inaudible)
(skip)
LE: We got to the 15th. Uhm, you know from talking to mom that they went and visited Granddad at Mount Dora?
LA: Uh-hum
LE: Went and, when they came back you believe from talking to mom that your sister Casey, was at the house and actually downloaded the video and pictures on Myspace?
LE: Or onto the home computer?
LA: And Myspace, yes.
LE: And Myspace? Okay, and that being the forensics stuff we know of the last time any digital recording or any photographs were taken or existed of your niece...
LA: Exactly
LE: ...was on the 15th?
(skip)
LE: ...charged up a little bit. I discussed with you that I was told by Ricardo that on May 31st your sister and her daughter stayed overnight with him.
LE: But sometime during the night your niece, Caylee was taken somewhere because when he woke up your sister was laying in bed next to him but no more child.
LE: He said that she told him that she took her home and then came back. Your mother, for me, if while your going over this with your mother, if she can recall that's pretty significant. Because if mom didn't have Caylee on the 1st of June...
LE: Who did?
LA: Right
(skip)
LA: Dad went down to get the car, when he got the car...
LE: Who'd he, who'd he take with?
LA: Who did he take with him?
LE: Yeah
LA: No one to my knowledge.
LE: Well, he he was just going to have them tow it back to the house and then...
LA: I'm pretty sure that's what he had them do, yes.
LE: Yeah because if he drove down there he'd...
LA: Oh, no. I take that back. Uhm, my mother and father told me that my dad actually drove the car back because my mother was talking about how she didn't know how my dad survived it because the smell was so bad.
(end)

Yeah. This has a lot of information. But, with Lee having immunity...does any of this get into the trial? TIA

:cow:

SNIPPED

Yeah. This has a lot of information. But, with Lee having immunity...does any of this get into the trial? TIA

Sure, it gets used at trial. There is no point in granting immunity to someone unless they plan on using their statement.

LA: But uhm, but yeah sometime in between that time it was uh, uhm conveyed by my father that my sister had shown up to uh, get a change of clothes. Uhm, he was already at home like at a break from work or something like that. He heard the garage door open, Casey comes in, "hey dad, I'm here to get a change of clothes." She gets a change of clothes and goes to leave outside the house, my dad follows her outside the house to try to say you know, we haven't seen you, you know what's going on? Is everything okay blah, blah, blah and uhm, it was at that time when uhm, my sister was going to throw you know, the change of clothes that she had just gotten, she was going to put them in the trunk. And you know, my father, he had a motive. He knew that the, that the gas cans were in the trunk. (laughs) So uhm, she kind of returned them forcefully, by saying, "here are your f-ing gas cans" and, and you know.
She was going to put her change of clothes in her car trunk?

I would think a mother with her daughter's dead body in the car trunk would avoid opening the car trunk. But, KC is using the trunk to stash gas cans, Tony's trash and a change of clothes right along with the body. If I had a body in my trunk I'd keep my trunk closed. I'd store the gas cans, clothes and Tony's trash in the back of my car.

Was it really a change of cloths or was it a laundry basket of cloths (Caylee)? Why put one change of cloths in the trunk? I would think logically, most people would just lay a change of cloths in the passenger seat.

Sure, it gets used at trial. There is no point in granting immunity to someone unless they plan on using their statement.

Tuffy. :angel: !

Your simple answer gave me the giggles. How little can one know about a process? What is common knowledge to some is still a mystery to others. Obviously. :blushing:

So. Would one think that Lee is wanting to "tell the truth" to have asked for immunity? Would LE only give immunity if it behooves them? ETA: Would it even be LE who gives immunity? After I wrote that I thought it might be wrong. It would be the court? SA? To give immunity? And whoever does give immunity: what reasoning do they have for granting immunity? TIA

With my first question I should add and say: Do Cindy and George want immunity so they can tell the truth? Of course that is a poll and a thread here on WS and being discussed: but now I can understand the implications of what that thread means. I did not before. I thought that asking for immunity was a way of saying: "nothing about me is involved"...well, it does not make sense to me now but it was all I understood before. Anywho.

I learn so much being a member of WS. Thank you.

Tuffy. :angel: !

Your simple answer gave me the giggles. How little can one know about a process? What is common knowledge to some is still a mystery to others. Obviously. :blushing:

So. Would one think that Lee is wanting to "tell the truth" to have asked for immunity? Would LE only give immunity if it behooves them? ETA: Would it even be LE who gives immunity? After I wrote that I thought it might be wrong. It would be the court? SA? To give immunity? And whoever does give immunity: what reasoning do they have for granting immunity? TIA

With my first question I should add and say: Do Cindy and George want immunity so they can tell the truth? Of course that is a poll and a thread here on WS and being discussed: but now I can understand the implications of what that thread means. I did not before. I thought that asking for immunity was a way of saying: "nothing about me is involved"...well, it does not make sense to me now but it was all I understood before. Anywho.

I learn so much being a member of WS. Thank you.

I didn't mean my answer to be short. I just kinda came out that way. Sorry that it sounded that way.

To address your second question, my thoughts are that C & G want immunity now because they have changed many of their statements and they don't want to be charged with obstruction.

I don't believe that we will ever hear the truth from any of the Anthonys.

That is only my opinion though. :runaway:

Tuffy :)

Your answer was great. Not a worry...:dance: You made me giggle. Now I can read the "immunity" thread for Cindy and George and understand what's going on better. Thank you.

With immunity, I wonder if Lee will tell this same story that is in this 7/29/08 interview? We won't know till the trial. If there ever is one. :tsktsk:

Thanks again Tuffy.

ETA: Tuffy...is that a Bunny Rabbit? Well, there is your second laugh at me for the day, if it is a bunny rabbit...I have cats and I always call them bunny rabbits...because sometimes they look like bunny rabbits. :crazy:

LA: ...that was never conveyed, it was, it was conveyed that...(personal note: robot not respond. file not found. 404 error.)
LE: I'm curious if...
LA: ...she was, that Caylee was not with her, that no one else was with her.
LE: And...
LA: But any other details have not been conveyed to me. (personal note: end program)

snipped for space, underlined by me...

Chiquita, heeheehee, are you trying to keep us on our toes?
Thanks for the morning funnies.:crazy:

Jayla, I think that is spot on!!! I watched the ZFG depo again and what I took away from it was exactly as you described. Morgan would ask him things like didn't you call sis on it and say I know that is a lie. Lee would answer no, I have explained to you that was not my "strategy". He went on to detail if you are trying to gleam information from someone you have to believe them for them to continue divulging things to you. So the "I believe everything my sister tells me, because I have to" was explained with the dots pretty close together, and we see the little grin as he and Morgan chuckle. If you need a strategy to talk to your sibling, you are on to her, all day long. We heard him tell her she was lying and he knew she had lied to mom for five weeks, and that everything she had told police was a lie. We heard that on the very first phone call from jail. So, we know he is not naive. He plays her game to try to find clues in her lies. Lee avoiding each and every hearing in the case tells us where Lee stands. There is no boss in America that wouldn't let you take your lunch early or have two hours off in the morning and make it up after five if you had a family member on trial. He doesn't want to stand by her.The only action that would be more overt on his part would be to come to the hearings and sit on the prosecution side , front and center. imho

Exactly! And the odd laughter between sentences-This may be his way of staying on course, "resetting" himself-He is in a precarious position.

You are spot on as to why he is not at those court dates, too. Great thinking, and if this is truly what he is thinking (we're human like him, can't be that far off), then LA could be a better man than I have given him credit for.

Yes, he could only impress me further by actually nailing her butt to the wall in court. But I think he started out with this investigative/'fake-out KC' technique in order to know for himself, not necessarily to help LE. So we'll see how he decides to handle that on the stand. Remember that LE wired TL for a meeting with LA, I think they knew LA's number one goal was to figure things out for his own purposes, and they wanted to make sure there wasn't anything LA was not telling them. I don't think LA set out to lie to the cops or John Morgan, but he wasn't in their "bag" either.

It has become Door A (help KC and his family by lying/window dressing) and Door B (Tell the truth for Caylee and keep himself safe from possible perjury charges).

Perhaps, just perhaps......Luka and LA with the mention of "Lee could face charges" was purposely put out there so as to mask the fact that he was kinda working against KC. CA would have been horrified if she knew LA was investigating having KC in mind as the suspect. At the same time, LA would just tell CA he was investigating ZFG and others, so CA suggested he talk to DC about an internship-But LA has a good job, he would not really want to do that

He does a lot of nervous laughing, look past that and listen as he tells the truth! We can't say that for mom and pop.[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3lP-Ne7e9k[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda