2008.10.15 George Anthony Speaks UPDATED 2008.10.16 Video Added

I honestly think what G was saying "bring Caylee home to the family" stuff was laying her to rest. Although he hasn't exactly been truthful with the media, I think he tries to be with LEs and the FBI because I think more than anyone, he's the one who knows exactly what will happen and I don't think he's of the mindset that he is above the law like CA and KC think they are.

I also think reality is settling in for KC ... the difference in her walk while handcuffed and her facial expression give away the fact that she just can't believe she will not be famous and free, but eventually convicted and imprisoned for life. No more partying, driving aimlessly around Orlando, no more mooching off her family and friends, no more stealing and shopping sprees, no more playing house with her boyfriend of the moment.

Also, anyone else think that Nejame is only going to represent GA from now on? I just got a gut feeling about that....

I just posted something similar to you on the Where the heck is George thread. I basically feel like a naive fool for thinking he was doing the right thing. I am more disgusted now with this family then before, and I don't know how that is possible.

My friend, you are not a naive fool. We all want to find something "normal" in this family, we all want them to have some real feelings, we need them to so that we can make sense of this. :)

George knows the reality of this situation. I believe that Cindy does also. But people can still wrap themselves in denial...and it's an amazingly powerful thing.

The search, the flyers, the kidnapping scenario....it's keeping their minds busy and working. By holding tightly onto this theory and story; they can keep the reality at arms length and not have to feel the sharp pain of deceit, shock, pain and loss. They are COPING in the way that so many families and loved ones of victims do. It's not much different than the Lacey Peterson case, when her family was certain that she and baby Connor were alive and well...despite surmounting evidence to the contrary.
Especially interesting is that denial, the true psychological condition, runs heavily in people with anti-social personality disorders. Could this be a TREMENDOUS part of why Casey won't just spill the beans? Certainly.

My guess would be that George and Cindy will continue to maintain their lives with the missing child scenario until her body is recovered. Even then; I'm doubtful that they will lay any blame on Casey. The more likely response will be to go on a witch hunt for the "people who kidnapped and killed" her.

It's still all about Casey--It's very sad that they cannot see her for what she really is and capable of and not what they want her to be or perceive her to be. This family has been aiding and abetting KC from day one and it has not changed. They seem like they would rather live the lies she has fed them for years than the truth-which is Caylee and what she endured at the hands of their daughter. May God have mercy on their souls.

2) Does a man with pure white hair have pure black eyebrows?
Yes, I know that's an odd thing to think about while watching this but i'm struck by how much primping this family does while Caylee is out there somewhere more than likely dead.

I know people who have lost a child to illness and trust me they rarely wear make-up anymore, fix their hair, put on lots of jewelry or DYE their eyebrows so they look good.
Just wanted to say that he most likely DOES NOT DYE his eyebrows. My BFF's dad has pure white hair and BLACK eyebrows. I don't think GA is primping.
The others, well, yeah CasAnt definitely appears to have been primping....

Yesterday I thought that GA
was coming out of the denial of Caylee NOT being alive.

Today he thinks she is ?

OMG !

I think he is in serious denial. CA, not so much.

I didnt like it when he called his neighbours "simple minded" because they are relieved that the protestors are gone and that KC is where she should be. Who can blame them for that?! Their lives have been total disrupted OF COURSE they are glad its over!

And that printed out picture he is keeping with him as "evidence that she is out there"-
ummmm GA, its not evidence. Its just a sad memory. And you can best serve that memory by refusing to cater to your daughters lies. JMHO.

ETA- ITA that he is trying to butter up the media and show a softer side. The A-team probably realised that public sympathy swinging towards GA and they decided to milk it for all its worth. What we saw today with CA's "cameo's" and GA's impromptu presser was their idea of a media blitz.

I guess I'm a hard arse....but just because we are seeing a softer side of George - one his high dollar pr guy said he probably needed to show- I don't think anything has changed. jmo

While watching this video, I started to have some of these same feelings.

Watching that video made me think of 2 things:

1) He's buttering up the media by telling them how great they've been keeping this "missing child" story going because he knows that after today the media is going to back off unless there is breaking news in the case.
If the media goes away, there goes the attention they want so badly.

2) Does a man with pure white hair have pure black eyebrows?
Yes, I know that's an odd thing to think about while watching this but i'm struck by how much primping this family does while Caylee is out there somewhere more than likely dead.

I know people who have lost a child to illness and trust me they rarely wear make-up anymore, fix their hair, put on lots of jewelry or DYE their eyebrows so they look good.
They are dragging themselves around just trying to get through the day; going through the motions.

Yesterday Casey kept messing with her hair. Why didn't she just tuck it behind her ear?
Because she wanted to keep her "style" looking good.

I have never seen people who are suffering focus so much attention on how they look.
It sickens me.

To your number 2. I have seen people talking about his eyebrows everywhere. My husband had jet black hair. Started to go gray in his 20's. He is 47 now, completely gray hair, but his brows are still black, as well as his beard if he were to grow it out. He doesn't dye his brows black. I don't think GA primps, he just has what God gave him.

And I'm sure many of you wouldn't dare ask out loud, but secretly wonder about this as well.... yes his pubes are still jet black!:rolleyes:

I really do not think there is a huge significance to his statement regarding to say a prayer at 11 AM or 11 PM.

I think he wants everyone to make a prayer at the same time so the power of prayer will bring miracles.

Growing up and till this very day me and friends as well as family members all make wishes or prayers when the clock strikes 11:11 AM or/and 11:11 PM.

I usually make a prayer or make a wish when I am caught off guard that the clock has struck 11:11, I don't sit around waiting for it…

So maybe GA believes in the Make a quak/prayer at 11:11.

BUT I do believe in the power of prayer…

I feel compassion for GA and great sadness. I prefer the GA we saw and heard yesterday. To me once he got back home he was once again brain washed. Most of his statement sounded like something that could have came out of CA's mouth. Almost like she MADE him go out and give a statemet just to make them look like they are still a united front. I don't believe in his heart he thinks Caylee is still alive.
JMO

This denial - is not HELPING KC -

KC needs them to accept what she has done and then help KC

come to terms with it - so she can tell where she is

Clinging to the kidnapping story is going to be the end of all of them

The A's will not admit that Caylee is gone until they find her remains, and even then may very well still deny that Casey did it.
There is still a trial and an appeals process that has to happen and if they give in to the reality that she did it now, would not bode well for any chances of aquittal. They are standing by her for that reason only IMO. I think that they know she is gone (especially GA) they are just going to deny.
Yes it is the hardest realization to come to grips with, but they have to know.

As long as this man keeps defending his daughter, he will get NO sympathy from me! IMO, he is still the same man he has been from the beginning, he is just showing the public what they want to see now.

Also, anyone else think that Nejame is only going to represent GA from now on? I just got a gut feeling about that....

Esp. since yesterday when asked about CA he said he hadn't talked to her that day and didn't know what she was up to.

Did he actually show the picture during the interview? If so, does someone have a cap or the timestamp when he shows it?

Yea I honestly dont think GA is doing any primping whatsoever, he is naturally the way he is. FTR, Im a natural blonde and my eyebrows and eyelashes are dark black. Casey on the other hand, primps to an annoying extent, she cant even tuck her dang hair behind her ear for fear of how it would look even tho its in her face!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back