2008.10.15 George Anthony Speaks UPDATED 2008.10.16 Video Added

I understand his wanting to believe she's alive...

And drive the billboard around.. maybe it will help someone remember something and find her (what I believe is her remains).

His love of his granddaughter is not in question to me...

and quite frankly, I sympathize with his loss.

Yes, he showed the picture of Caylee, I dont know the time but I know it was atleast half way (more likely towards the last few min) into the interview.

I thought GA was there to tell the truth yesterday, but I guess I was wrong. I take back every nice thing I said about him! I honestly thought he was helping to put an end to the charade and to help bring Caylee home by doing the right thing by her. Sad to see this morning's interview. The hype that MN and GA put on before his testimony is BS. I should have known. I feel duped. Shame on me for EVER listening to a defense attorney's spin!! :doh:

Yesterday I thought that GA
was coming out of the denial of Caylee NOT being alive.

Today he thinks she is ?

OMG !

Folks need to realize, that what is said under oath, and what people say in public, can be very two different things.

What is asked in GJ isn't what he believes, feels, etc. But what he seen, saw, etc. That also is a difference.

I don't think we should lose hope in GA. If I put myself in that situation, and just testified against my daughter, I might also go back to "pretending" that everything is the way it was. I can't imagine going home to my family and admitting that I may have put the nail in the coffin, especially not to manipulative, crazy, hammer-weilding CinAnt.....

All I see is the same old George. Denying, lying, obstructing, manipulating. Same thing he was before, same thing he is now. Ridiculous and I'm so glad I didn't buy into his sympathic act yesterday.

It is my opinion, that George, like any other family member missing a loved one, will not accept that Caylee is dead until he knows they have a body. Faulting him for that is ridiculous. Nevermind asking the man to accept his baby granddaughter is dead when he doesn't have a body, but asking him to accept that his own daughter killed her, is not something that ANYONE would be willing to accept without 100% proof. Ie: a body and a confession. These are his two baby girls, in his eyes, and I think the judgement of him is rather harsh. In every missing case, the families fight for hope, and pray for miracles - please don't bash George for doing the same.

I'm tired of them all accusing everyone of giving up. That part makes me sick. Dear Anthony's, don't you think we would look for her if we knew where to look? I swear I do not believe she is alive, but so help me god if I saw a girl tomorrow in the supermarket that I thought was Caylee I couldn't NOT call and let someone know. I'd be calling directly to Orlando and I'd be following the person. I'd make a fool and a nutcase out of myself if I thought there was a chance she could be alive and I found her.

Watching that video made me think of 2 things:

1) He's buttering up the media by telling them how great they've been keeping this "missing child" story going because he knows that after today the media is going to back off unless there is breaking news in the case.
If the media goes away, there goes the attention they want so badly.

2) Does a man with pure white hair have pure black eyebrows?
Yes, I know that's an odd thing to think about while watching this but i'm struck by how much primping this family does while Caylee is out there somewhere more than likely dead.

Rookie, yes, I can say with assurance that some do. My Significant Other has snow white hair, and his eyebrows are still brown like his hair used to be.

I'm sure GA was a completely different man yesterday. He was away from CA. Maybe driving the billboard around is just a cooping mechanism for him. Makes him feel as though he is doing something for Caylee. I think we have to remember who he lives with. CA probably coached him back into the Caylees been kidnapped routine "or else" just my thinking...
Also if you are a believer in Angel’s double or many ones mean Angels are with you.

Just a comment on the eyebrows... both my dad and grandfather had jet black hair as young men and now snow white hair and black eyebrows. Maybe GA did dye them but it didn't seem odd to me having grown up with that.:)

Exactly! Now imagine if she was your grandbaby...

Hey, I'm not saying they are not justified in their denial or not. I just happened to post directly after yours. My post was not in response to yours.

I was responding to the interview(s) that have been given including this one where they are constantly saying that everyone is giving up and assuming she's dead. I don't think everyone is giving up, everyone would love to find Caylee alive, who wouldn't? (Well maybe KC but that's another story). It just angers me that along with their extreme denial (again, not saying it's not normal or justifiable denial) they are using the fact that murder charges have been brought down and the fact that the investigation had to follow along where the evidence led it to say that everyone's giving up. Now when her body is discovered LE, the media and the public are going to be blamed because we all "GAVE UP." :rolleyes:

Just watched the video.
George is still entrenched in denial as all of you are saying.
It is just so incredibly sad.

George Anthony speaks the morning of Casey's appearance
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...=18&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1
Casey Anthony's father, George, says he has full confidence in attorney Jose Baez and Casey Anthony won't be defending herself. George spoke outside his home just hours before his daughter's scheduled first appearance.

He said he won't give up hope that Caylee Marie is still alive. He says even though Casey has been charged with murder, it doesn't mean those charges are true.

"This three year old little girl was never harmed by my daughter. My daughter would not do that to her, in my heart she's a good mother. This has taken a toll on my family. It's very emotional, you guys would do the same thing if it happened to you or your family."

George says they have been crying and broken up about the situation. He last talked to Casey before going before a Grand Jury. He said he told her he loved her and believed her. He doesn't think his statements to the Grand Jury made a difference.

All I see is the same old George. Denying, lying, obstructing, manipulating. Same thing he was before, same thing he is now. Ridiculous and I'm so glad I didn't buy into his sympathic act yesterday.

Me too. I can see the A's are keeping their faces out there less the gullible public will forget them and stop donating. This is not about Caylee - it is about getting money. A 13 minute interview and he said nothing new, just the same old sh##. They are all disingenuous creeps and I wish the media would just ignore them.

I think he's human. I don't think there's much chance that he'll quit believing that Caylee is alive and that his daughter is incapable of murdering her. If he was to accept the truth, life wouldn't be worth living anymore for him. I think denial is his brain's survival method.

I just posted something similar to you on the Where the heck is George thread. I basically feel like a naive fool for thinking he was doing the right thing. I am more disgusted now with this family then before, and I don't know how that is possible.

Your not naive fool at all. I think GA is the most normal one out of this family. He is not going around flapping his gums the last few weeks like CA has. I think he needed to get that off his chest because he has not talked to the media in about a month. He had kept to himself for the longest time. He wants so hard to believe Caylee is still with us and he will do anything to get that back. The ones we should be worried about is CA and LA. IMHO.

I watched this interview by George this morning. I feel for this man. He has two fronts, his heart and his head bound by love for his family. He isn't in control and that is clear. He is obviously torn between the outward support for his family, his belief and hope that by some miracle that his granddaughter will come home and with what he knows in his head. He feels for others that are struggling with missing loved ones. He seems grateful for the media and the exposure to his plight. He is riding a roller coaster he says, a roller coaster of emotions, the roller coaster of his life. He is angry, but I think it is more in tuning to Cindy's channel of thought, about the families in the neighborhood that are glad this is over. He fails, however, to recognize how disrupted their lives have become over this affair which, to quote Sheriff Beary, has a conclusion that is "painfully obvious" and they ought not be the object of that anger.

He even waivers back and forth between reality a bit vs. hopes in miracles written down for him. Quite sad to watch. I think he is genuine, but conflicted

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back