2009.02.09 - The cousin that visited....

MeoW I missed that interview. I hope to find a clip of it later today. Thank you for sharing what you saw posted and if it's accurate that is a very odd thing for her to say on national television. I'm not sure what to make of it. I'm not going to form an opinion until I get to see her say it, but off hand it sounds as if she's diverting attention to herself? I don't know yet.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/261848...98458#29298458

I am as confused as you are, The man would have to be plain stupid to take a kidnapped child out to eat at a resturant< i don't believe its Haliegh, unless the man seen with the child is dumber than we think:eek:

What about Duncan and the Grone girl. she was spoted in a Denny??

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- The Putnam County Sherriff's Office says that the FBI is investigating Misty Croslin's cousin.
Eyewitness News learned Thursday, that Misty Croslin's cousin was in town the night Haleigh disappeared. There are questions about what role he may have played in the disappearance. After the little girl vanished, he took off to Tennessee.

WFTV reporter Mark Boyle briefly spoke with Misty Croslin about her cousin.
"You said you don't trust him, why?" asked Boyle.
"I just don't trust him," she said. "He's gotten into a lot of trouble."

Both Charlie and Josh Overstreet have comments on their myspace which say "stay out of trouble", etc. And comments such as "is Josh out of jail yet".

There is a Joshua Eugene Overstreet in the Michigan Offender Database:
http://www.state.mi.us/mdoc/asp/otis2profile.asp?mdocNumber=678631

He has a tattoo: Flora. Flora is his and Misty's grandmother

He is on probation for attempted armed robbery.

His alias is CHARLES THOMAS OVERSTREET

Isn't that Brandon's brother Charlie?

Welcome to Websleuths!

I think he's a possibility. Do you have a link to his Myspace?

I wish I did but I'm at work. He's on Brandon's page. Maybe his name is Josh & not Joe...LOL I can't remember correctly. I know one went to jail but do we know that for sure? His last contact from anyone on myspace was 1/26 and also the last day he logged in.

lol. Confusing ain't it. The "police have the Rav 4 came from Nancy G herself, she made 1 statement that was never elaborated on.

However, IF and its a big IF, this story about the cousin is true. Ron is denying it, now why would he? I had a fleeting thought that hmmmm....maybe because one self expressed "media *advertiser censored*" is strangely amiss and may be in TN.....what ya think?:waitasec:

Thanks, tehcloser!

Just gotta say that I do hope the 'media who*e' is back in California. I don't think I could take his participation again.

If the story about the cousin from TN. is true, then Ronald lied on national TV yesterday. And if it isn't true, then Misty lied. And neither should be lying because Haleigh is missing and lies just serve to make it harder for LE. That might have been FBI that picked Misty up for questioning yesterday. I noted the suit and vehicle. I doubt a small town investigator would wear a suit.

I also thought Misty did not appear worried at all as she left the police station yesterday. She was there for 5 hours and I so hope that it was the FBI questioning her. It would behoove her not to lie to the FBI. One thing I hope was straightened out yesterday in the 5 hours is whether or not there is a cousin and whether or not there was a fight and a gun stolen.

In the long run, the only person that is even half way believable to me is Ronald's mother. Not Ronald, not Misty, or even Crystal.

Hi everyone. I'm new here :) I've been keeping up and reading all of your posts & finally was able to sign up last night.

Welcome to WS CajunGirl!!!

it's "interesting" because she thinks her cousin might be responsible for this. you would expect her to say, "oh no, he'd never do anything like this...."

it is possible that she doesn't like him and she's just trying to divert attention from herself, though.

Yes, Matt Lauer said it was interesting because you would expect her to say that (which is bolded by me)! She also said, at least 2 times, that she didn't trust this relative and that she hasn't spoken with him since he left, which I am assuming she meant left Satsuma!

If you believe Misty about the cousin, you have to believe the fight/gun story. This is where the story originated. Ron says none of it happened? So again who to believe? If Ron thought this person had Haleigh, he would be saying something or as his Mom said, "no one could stop him if he knew where she was".

If Ron or LE suspects this guy, and this guy has his daughter and their whereabouts are unknown, I think maybe he downplayed or denied this incident to not tip him off. They don't know where she is and she is in danger, if still alive. The last thing they want to do is announce on national tv that this guy could be a potential POI or that Ron suspects him. If he really has her, I think he would want to get rid of the "problem" real quick. JMO.

If Ron or LE suspects this guy, and this guy has his daughter and their whereabouts are unknown, I think maybe he downplayed or denied this incident to not tip him off. They don't know where she is and she is in danger, if still alive. The last thing they want to do is announce on national tv that this guy could be a potential POI or that Ron suspects him. If he really has her, I think he would want to get rid of the "problem" real quick. JMO.

That is so scary. And a good very point! I do think perhaps Ron and fam know more than they say. Also like Rons mom said they don't want to mess with the investigation.

You'd think though that this cousin might have been mentioned sooner than NOW though. Hopefully he was mentioned to LE before now.

this is a definite possibility. it would also explain LE's lack of releasing info. they know this guy is involved and are praying that haleigh is still alive. maybe this guy passed her off to one of his criminal friends because he knew that LE would be looking at him. it seems to make sense that LE is doing what they think is best to bring this child home alive.

Yeah, but it's all over the news now that they interviewed him....IDK It's confusing.

Someone posted a link to this article in the media only thread.
I haven't heard of a "Joe"..

Eyewitness News learned Thursday, that Misty Croslin's cousin, known as "Joe" was in town the night Haleigh disappeared. There are questions about what role he may have played in the disappearance. After the little girl vanished, he took off to Tennessee.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18757844/detail.html#-

Yeah, but it's all over the news now that they interviewed him....IDK It's confusing.

yeah, and if the guy is watching, he would know that ron was lying about there not being a fight and probably know that LE was focusing on him.

I wish I did but I'm at work. He's on Brandon's page. Maybe his name is Josh & not Joe...LOL I can't remember correctly. I know one went to jail but do we know that for sure? His last contact from anyone on myspace was 1/26 and also the last day he logged in.

Welcome, CajunGirl! (I am from Louisiana also!)

I am going to see if I can find that MySpace page.

Someone posted a link to this article in the media only thread.
I haven't heard of a "Joe"..

Eyewitness News learned Thursday, that Misty Croslin's cousin, known as "Joe" was in town the night Haleigh disappeared. There are questions about what role he may have played in the disappearance. After the little girl vanished, he took off to Tennessee.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18757844/detail.html#-

Thanks!

yeah, and if the guy is watching, he would know that ron was lying about there not being a fight and probably know that LE was focusing on him.

ETA...teh needs to read better* lol. I agree.

Hi everyone. I'm new here :) I've been keeping up and reading all of your posts & finally was able to sign up last night.

Here is my question/thought...

Brandon's brother, Joe (if I'm remembering correctly)... I noticed his myspace said it hadn't logged in since 1/26 I believe? Misty was/is close to Brandon based off of messages we've read on the page & she's in pictures with him on his myspace...but Brandon's brother...different story. I don't see any "known" contact between Misty & him. The last comment left on his myspace was from a 16 yr old that stated "I know you're gone but..." I don't remember it all completely & don't have access while I'm at work but I found that interesting. Why is no one thinking it's him?

I hadn't seen this, there was just an article that said the cousin's name was Joe! But knowing how the media operates, don't know how reliable that info is!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishman
Back