2009.02.09 - The cousin that visited....

Sadly, Teh...I would have to agree. Someone with an axe to grind who would go to the extreme to kidnap a child would not have the child's best interest in mind.

Didn't it say somewhere that Misty talked about that cousin molesting her when she was younger? I don't have a link but I thought I read that on these boards. If that is true, then perhaps the cousin took Haleigh for retaliation and also for... other purposes. I hate even suggesting that.

Oh! I forgot that! Too much info to keep it all straight. I just couldn't see an up side for the cousin to steal Haleigh. That may be a reason. As for the retailation, why not just wait for RC on a dark night with a couple of buddies and a baseball bat? Less difficult. More direct. Seems more in keeping with the 'solve your own problems' mindset.

And we have to throw in that Misty has really not known Ron all that long. Any loyalties she may have....might be toward her own family.

Oh! I forgot that! Too much info to keep it all straight. I just couldn't see an up side for the cousin to steal Haleigh. That may be a reason. As for the retailation, why not just wait for RC on a dark night with a couple of buddies and a baseball bat? Less difficult. More direct. Seems more in keeping with the 'solve your own problems' mindset.

Hadn't thought about that, but I agree. Taking a hot head's child wouldn't be what I think the cousin would do either. But then again, if he's an SO who just hasn't gotten "caught" yet, maybe this would be a way he'd get even.

Hadn't thought about that, but I agree. Taking a hot head's child wouldn't be what I think the cousin would do either. But then again, if he's an SO who just hasn't gotten "caught" yet, maybe this would be a way he'd get even.

I know people like these seem to be. If the cousin had big problems with Ron, I think it would become a 'family affair' settled with fists and feet not elaborate kidnapping plots. But I could be reading that totally wrong. LOL!

I really can't see this as an 'inside' job so to speak. I am holding out for stranger involvement. Misti may have provided the oppertunity by slipping out, but I think that's it. MOO

And we have to throw in that Misty has really not known Ron all that long. Any loyalties she may have....might be toward her own family.

If that was the case I can't see her throwing suspicion on her own family. She brought the cousin into this, so that makes no sense to me.

And, it's been said, Misty got involved with Ron by telling him his alleged other child might be in a bad environment. Which means she risked her babysitting job because she though the welfare of the child was more important than her job.

That being said, I believe somehow Misty is the keystone here.

If that was the case I can't see her throwing suspicion on her own family. She brought the cousin into this, so that makes no sense to me.

And, it's been said, Misty got involved with Ron by telling him his alleged other child might be in a bad environment. Which means she risked her babysitting job because she though the welfare of the child was more important than her job.

That being said, I believe somehow Misty is the keystone here.
OR--Maybe Misty was the one in a bad environment.....She may have had her sights on Ron from the beginning.
The cousin may just be another way for Misty to point the finger elsewhere. Just a thought.

That being said, I believe somehow Misty if the keystone here.

I think better that I type.....I questioned her brother's (the one with the van) involvment almost from the get go. When I typed that I was thinking about her protecting her bro and herself by throwing cousin under the bus...but as you clearly pointed out....what I typed made no sense........:bang:

OR--Maybe Misty was the one in a bad environment.....She may have had her sights on Ron from the beginning.
The cousin may just be another way for Misty to point the finger elsewhere. Just a thought.

I have to admit that's crossed my mind as well.

I am as confused as you are, The man would have to be plain stupid to take a kidnapped child out to eat at a resturant< i don't believe its Haliegh, unless the man seen with the child is dumber than we think:eek:

You never know...that's exactly how Shasta Groene was spotted and consequently rescued.

I think better that I type.....I questioned her brother's (the one with the van) involvment almost from the get go. When I typed that I was thinking about her protecting her bro and herself by throwing cousin under the bus...but as you clearly pointed out....what I typed made no sense........:bang:

OK that makes absolute sense! :)

bolded by me
I think that makes perfect sense - especially if the cousin she's throwing under the bus is the same one who molested her when she was younger.

Yes. I did see the little girl. I am assuming she is related and wouldn't be considered odd to be with a grandparent or perhaps her father in the photo.

i have a feeling that this cousin isn't a brainiac. maybe this was a drunken/drugged plan that he didn't really think through very well. maybe he is a coward and ron already kicked his azz so he decided to do something sneaky that he thought he could get away with.

i'm not saying that i'm sure this guy is responsible but i think it is possible and actually seems to fit with how LE and others are behaving.

Does anyone think...that the "cousin" who got into the alledged "fight" with Ron, originally was "sending a message" like "watch your back Ron, I can get to you anytime" the blew out of control? These are dumb@zz kids (young adults). Then cops, national attention, etc. He ran off to TN (where he knows his way around) to hide.
Ron suspects this guy has a gun, doesn't want to tip him off, hoping to keep Haleigh safe.

I question how she could be loyal to a family who allowed her to be used as a playground by her cousins and friends of the family. We have heard plenty from Misty's mom, all the grandmas, etc. Where are all the dads and grandfathers? I know most of Ron's arrests were mirrors of his dad's earlier arrests but where is his dad now in trying to help this boy find his daughter?
Where is Misty's dad? Where is Crystal's dad?

I reckon the poorest person in Putnam county is the tooth fairy

I question how she could be loyal to a family who allowed her to be used as a playground by her cousins and friends of the family. We have heard plenty from Misty's mom, all the grandmas, etc. Where are all the dads and grandfathers? I know most of Ron's arrests were mirrors of his dad's earlier arrests but where is his dad now in trying to help this boy find his daughter?
Where is Misty's dad? Where is Crystal's dad?

I reckon the poorest person in Putnam county is the tooth fairy

Misty's dad in in a wheelchair with a broken leg? I caught a glimpse of him yesterday. As for the rest, they were there at first IIRC....but the last few days, IDK.

Ron said No cousin, No fight, No gun. Misty is saying there was a cousin who got in a fight with Ron over a gun.
What I am wondering is if Misty is mixing the different incidents together. Her cousin was down staying with relatives because he was the one who had gotten into a fight about a gun that was stolen. Ron found out told him to hit the road. To Ron, there was no fight between him and this guy but he didn't want him around once he found out this guy had stolen gun. To Misty it is all connected.
Going back to the way she told the 'blanket story' she seems to string events from several different time periods into all one making it sound as though everything is connected when it may in fact be not be.
The only other reason I can come up with for Ron's denial about this, other than an outright lie, is that he wanted whomever may have been involved to think that he hadn't spilled anything to LE [or insert one not to be named bounty hunter] yet about it.
I did find the comment 'I have no enemies' interesting. He has said that before also. It is just so hard to tell what is really going on. On one hand if he knows or suspects something I can see him not wanting to say anything because then 'they' would know that LE also knows. If he were hiding things then he also would not want to say anything because it would shed light on it.

Grrr It would help if we could at least know if we have the corner pieces of this puzzle figured out.

As usual, you are making a lot of sense shadow. She does twist her stories together. I talk like that,:eek: but i hope easier to follow...

This car stuff is a mess...well everything is a mess...Hope LE or even the other one can figure it out soon...

I just watched the video of Misty with Teresa on MSNBC. Misty was showing some defiance in her answers. When the interviewer asked what she had been asked her answer was basically 'all the same things again'. That is not what she said but that was her tone of voice. Annoyance.
I do have to wonder if she keeps coming up with new things because they keep asking the same questions and she feels if she tells them something else than they will be satisfied and leave her alone.
It's been 10 days since Haleigh was reported missing and on day 8 or 9 she comes out with the cousin and the gun story. Where was that on day 1? She didn't think that might have been important out of the starting gate.
I just have to think at this point that Misty may be trying to get the attention off of her and decided that this &#8216;criminal cousin&#8217; of hers would be a good person to point a finger at. He had been in the area and would be a good choice to sic the dogs on.
I just can&#8217;t figure out what Misty would be still be hiding at this point. If she left the children alone in the home and someone came in why she was gone and abducted Haleigh why not just tell LE that. Even is she didn&#8217;t leave and invited someone over to the house then why not tell LE that also. I get the point that she would be afraid of ticking Ron off, maybe afraid of no longer being able to stay with him but does she really feel that by not doing everything to help LE find Haleigh that things will work out between her and Ron anyway. Long term marriages have not survived the stress and guilt associated with a missing child.
He may not being saying anything publicly but he has to at this point be questioning all of Misty&#8217;s changing stories. Heck, the first night is was apparent that he felt it was her fault, albeit knee jerk reaction to the situation, but now when you add in the fact that shirt that she said that is what she put Haleigh to bed in was found to still be in the home he has to rethinking his original stance of believing what she has said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjb79
Back