2009.02.18 What is not addressed in the Document Release?

I am confused or maybe just stupid...but..how...can a person use duct tape and NOT leave any fingerprints....or anything. It is so sticky that if you used gloves..something would be left behind??
Am I missing something here?
Casey is NOT THAT SMART!

someone...anyone...help me out here!

Santos, there probably were fingerprints on the tape, but not anymore. The body apparently was sitting in those woods for about 6 months. Some of the time it was submerged in water. All of those elements caused the tape to degrade to the extent that fingerprints could not be recovered.

If Kronk is right about actually seeing the skull on his first visit to the woods - then the skull was fully exposed to the elements (out of the bag) by at least Aug 11.

This is not the first time that evidence in this case has not yielded fingerprints. There were no fingerprints found on gas cans, shovel or even the car trunk lid exterior (a useless partial print found). I think there are a number of other items that did not yield any latent prints. These are even things that we might expect to find prints.

Santos, there probably were fingerprints on the tape, but not anymore. The body apparently was sitting in those woods for about 6 months. Some of the time it was submerged in water. All of those elements caused the tape to degrade to the extent that fingerprints could not be recovered.

If Kronk is right about actually seeing the skull on his first visit to the woods - then the skull was fully exposed to the elements (out of the bag) by at least Aug 11.

This is not the first time that evidence in this case has not yielded fingerprints. There were no fingerprints found on gas cans, shovel or even the car trunk lid exterior (a useless partial print found). I think there are a number of other items that did not yield any latent prints. These are even things that we might expect to find prints.

Ok..that makes sense.. is there a reasonable explanation for the lack of fingerprints on surfaces that have not been degraded?

Ok..that makes sense.. is there a reasonable explanation for the lack of fingerprints on surfaces that have not been degraded?

Heat can destroy fingerprints, so with the FL summer temperatures, unfortunately it's not surprising that many surfaces (such as the car, or the metal gas can) would not produce prints. :(

Shaymus is correct. But a lack of recoverable prints is not entirely unusual for situations that don't involve wiping or significant surface degradation. Surely there must be scientific explanations for why prints are sometimes not recoverable from handled objects.

The shovel didn't even have the fingerprints of the owner/neighbor. Even if KC wore gloves, she still returned it to the owner who would likely have handled it with his bare hands.

I am confused or maybe just stupid...but..how...can a person use duct tape and NOT leave any fingerprints....or anything. It is so sticky that if you used gloves..something would be left behind??
Am I missing something here?
Casey is NOT THAT SMART!

someone...anyone...help me out here!

gloves?

I am guessing the tape over the mouth with sticker. Seems it was put there to silence her screams/cries.

We don't know this. We have no idea whether tape may have been placed postmortem eg in an attempt to stage an abduction foiled soonafter by Fay--and the elements. Unless there is evidence of struggle (bitemarks eg) then it will fall to the prosecution to prove tape was applied antemortem. JMO

:parrot:

Wonder why Casey left so many things where they found Caylee
Is she that dumb are to try and throw the police off.
What do you think about all this...Reply

Heat can destroy fingerprints, so with the FL summer temperatures, unfortunately it's not surprising that many surfaces (such as the car, or the metal gas can) would not produce prints. :(

I'm also hoping that DNA will be found......

dont know if this was mentioned but i think it's huge
soil samples taken from shovel that KC borrowed from neighbor's, compared to soil from crime scene, along with fingerprints on shovel...dont recall reading results from this

The truth is, we don't know exactly what KC left in the woods. OCSO might not either, but they have the tools to figure certain things out.

It's probably safe to assume the shorts, shirt, diaper, pull-ups, and blanket were left with Caylee. But we don't know if that toy horse was hers, the stuff in the Disney bag, puffy heart sticker, or syringe, pregnancy test, etc. All of that stuff could be unrelated trash found in the vicinity of the remains.

It's probably a very safe assumption to think that there was already some trash located at the same place Caylee was put.

we have to assume that not all of the items recovered at the site belonged to Caylee or Casey or that they were dropped by Casey there. Seems like it is a pretty popular place for everyone to dump their trash.

the topic of this thread is what is missing from the doc dump. if you would like to discuss what WAS reported, please go to the appropriate thread. thanks

I was not sure where to post all of this, hope I found the right thread.
Other items of interest. I have not seen the media cover it yet, so I will just throw this out there.

These were other items that were taken from the home and I question the key, the letter that was addressed to Lee, it was said to have been copied and sent to the media possibly and it's being kept hush hush. The two other notes and the three cell phones taken from Casey's room.

I recall they had mentioned that the nanny had a key to the house, I would like to know where this key fits. It only states it was taken into evidence.

The three cell phones, could one be the phone that Casey claims she lost?

The other two handwritten notes in Caylee's room. Who wrote them and what did they say? They did not share that either.

Something else. LE did take a box of Gentamicin from the home in the search in Dec, Gentamicin is an aminoglycoside antibiotic, used to treat many types of bacterial infections, particularly those caused by Gram-negative . It could be used as a liquid or injection. It was in a box, that is all this report says. So no date or formula type, only that the box did have Caylee's name on it and it was a prescription. You can find that information at this link: http://www.wftv.com/_blank/18740668/detail.html

On 12-15-08 I received a letter that had been mailed to the Forensic Unit by an unknown person. Page 3393 - right under the list of times and dates. http://www.wftv.com/_blank/18740668/detail.html

G43 Key on a key-chain H-605506,14 Page 60 http://www.wftv.com/_blank/18740668/detail.html

43 Two handwritten notes Caylee's BDR-upper left drawer of chest pg 66 http://www.wftv.com/_blank/18740668/detail.html

71 Two Cingular Samsung cell phones and one AT&T Casey's BDR-Rorth cabinet pg 67 http://www.wftv.com/_blank/18740668/detail.html

we have to assume that not all of the items recovered at the site belonged to Caylee or Casey or that they were dropped by Casey there. Seems like it is a pretty popular place for everyone to dump their trash.

One of my first thoughts after seeing what things were collected at the scene
was.....I hope they test some of these capped bottles ( the top mouth piece ) for DNA that might be KC's. In case she threw away trash in her car as when she disposed of the body......assuming that there might have been some things in the trunk that bodily fluids leaked on.
But after thinking for a while why would she throw any debris from her car out there with the body......afterall she left an entire bag of trash in her car!!!!
Besides the fact that it would appear that if she was trying to quickly get rid of the body....she would just quickly carry it out there drop it and get out of there asap before being seen by anyone.
IMO the only real items relating to the crime is what was in the bag(s) containing the body.

Seems there were 500 pages released, where are the other 1,100?? soon I hope!

Does anyone have an idea when the next dump will be released?

Did I miss it - if not, what about the original plastic garbage bag that George threw out when he went to get the car at Amscot? the bag that was in the trunk. The pizza bag ...

Did I miss it - if not, what about the original plastic garbage bag that George threw out when he went to get the car at Amscot? the bag that was in the trunk. The pizza bag ...

:waitasec: Here's LP's account:

Speaking of a life in your hands, to Leonard Padilla, bounty hunter out of Sacramento, California, who first put up the bond for mom Casey Anthony. We understand there may be new blockbuster evidence found related to the car in a plastic bag?

LEONARD PADILLA, BOUNTY HUNTER: Well, I think -- I think what they`ve got is, they`ve got the bag that the gentleman at the yard threw over the fence, and then one of the detectives, God bless him, went over there that night and retrieved the bag. And they have found body evidence on the outside of the bag, which had pizza leftovers on the inside. And on the outside, there was maggots. And I think your Dr. Kobilinsky would tell you that maggots would not -- I don`t believe feed on pizza. But on the outside of the bag, there were maggots.

GRACE: Do we know anything about fluids from a body, Leonard?

PADILLA: Yes, there were body fluids on the outside of the bag, yes.

NG - 10/15/08

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back