2009.02.20 Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
It hit me today just how young MC is. I saw her dob somewhere, it said 91 is her birth year. My son's birth year is 96, and I think of him as a very young child. It hit me MC is a mere 5 years older! I can't imagine him in the role of step-parent or full time caregiver to two young children just 5 years from now, nor can I picture him being able to handle this kind of situation. I can see now why great grandma said MC is alot more mature than alot of 25/30 year olds she knows. JMHO

Nancy asking medical expert about Turners Syndrome. brief explanation then goes to commercial break. :waitasec:

Natisha..............says LE said they're searching that particular area of the woods from a tip, but won't say what that tip is or if they found anything in the woods today.

I've watched NG's coverage of this case and am amazed at how many times the family answers 'they haven't heard'...or that they've read something in the papers. Aren't LE keeping this family abreast of what's going on? I imagine there are things they don't want to share with the family...but if I were them, I would be dying if I didn't know what was going on, or what leads they've gotten. I would be beside myself hearing things for the first time from the media. OMG!

As a side note, I am impressed with the way the family has handled themselves so far with the media and all else. They aren't throwing out bizarre theories, they aren't blaming each other, they are all cooperating with LE/FBI. My heart breaks that they are staying in tents. Ronald comes off as a bit of a shady character....but I have no doubt he loves and desperately wants his baby girl back. And I don't believe he is involved in any way shape or form. I want to cry every time I hear him pleading for the return of Haleigh.

It hit me today just how young MC is. I saw her dob somewhere, it said 91 is her birth year. My son's birth year is 96, and I think of him as a very young child. It hit me MC is a mere 5 years older! I can't imagine him in the role of step-parent or full time caregiver to two young children just 5 years from now, nor can I picture him being able to handle this kind of situation. I can see now why great grandma said MC is alot more mature than alot of 25/30 year olds she knows. JMHO

My grandson was born in 91, a senior in high school, just got accepted to college right now.
We are planning his prom, graduation etc............that's what Misti should be doing.
Yes, he is very bright and mature but no way could he handle a woman and 2 kids!!!
I feel sorry for Misty in this way, she has been robbed of an education, wedding, teen years and fun.

I've watched NG's coverage of this case and am amazed at how many times the family answers 'they haven't heard'...or that they've read something in the papers. Aren't LE keeping this family abreast of what's going on? I imagine there are things they don't want to share with the family...but if I were them, I would be dying if I didn't know what was going on, or what leads they've gotten. I would be beside myself hearing things for the first time from the media. OMG!

As a side note, I am impressed with the way the family has handled themselves so far with the media and all else. They aren't throwing out bizarre theories, they aren't blaming each other, they are all cooperating with LE/FBI. My heart breaks that they are staying in tents. Ronald comes off as a bit of a shady character....but I have no doubt he loves and desperately wants his baby girl back. And I don't believe he is involved in any way shape or form. I want to cry every time I hear him pleading for the return of Haleigh.

I am thinking LE wants the family to turn on each other or tell LE different stories to get more info, JMO

Crystal Sheffield says she knows nothing of Misty's family. Teresa saying the "gun incident" was 2 wks. before Haleigh's disappearance.

bio mom she doesn't know any of Misty's family.
Gma says that argument was 2 weeks ago.
CC says she just found out his name from media, doesn't know much of him.

I am thinking LE wants the family to turn on each other or tell LE different stories to get more info, JMO

Initially, the mother and father were enemies, but within the first few days came together on this.

Teresa says there was no fight the night before.....there WAS a fight two weeks ago. A gun was found in a ditch the night before Haleigh disappeared.

I hope LE can enhance the 911 call so they can hear what RC is saying in the background. I put headphones on today and listened to 911 call and I swear I heard RC say something about 5 days ago or 5 days but I couldn't hear all. Anybody else hear this?

Gloria Allred suggests having the local Knoxville, TN police interview the cousin, and if he's cooperative have him take a polygraph.

Misti cousin left the same time Haleigh left, why wouldn't he be there for his family?
Nashville or Knoxville TN.....cousin Joe???
Why did Misty allow Joe in the home after he was suppose to fondle her years ago?

I wish Nancy would ask if there was a live in girl between bio mom and Misty who would of loved Haleigh and wanted to keep her???

they are replaying ron's 'If I find the person who took my daughter, I'm killin' them'.

Ya know...when they find the person who took Haleigh, I say give Ron 1 hr with him/her. Seriously!

Oh, also on the 911 call I heard RC saying something about the lock being turned sideways or something like that.

This Joe would have NO LOVE for Haleigh, she would end up being
a pest to him.
He would use her and get rid of her.
He is a criminal.
This looks bad to me........MOO

family not giving up hope, they want her back.
A camper donated for Ron to live in.

I hope LE can enhance the 911 call so they can hear what RC is saying in the background. I put headphones on today and listened to 911 call and I swear I heard RC say something about 5 days ago or 5 days but I couldn't hear all. Anybody else hear this?

I will later if I have time. Something in the bg sounds very wierd to me

Restaurant description matches Haleigh, man tried to hide girls face.
IMO, why would "JOE" spend $$$ to take baby out to eat?
Joe probably doesn't even own a car or have a job............IMO

Nancy talking with Crystal Sheffield about Misty finding the pink shirt. All she knows is what she was told, that Misty found it and gave it to LE. TN saying the shirt was with dirty clothes right inside back door (laundry area).

Natisha Lance: about 1300 tips so far and continue to come in.

Nancy asking doctor about caring for someone with Turner's ~ he says she'd need a lot of medical attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500