2009.03.10 - Hand Written Note From Tot Mom in Response to Pros. Motion

Since JB let her write this and submitted it to court, doesnt this throw out any future "ok i did it, but it was an accident" theory? She just said in legal papers I DID NOT DO IT. They are really dumb to stick with the nanny story.

Very good point. How can anyone in their right mind believe the Nanny story since there are no phone calls, emails, text messages, correct working or disconnected phone numbers, pictures, or anyone else that knows her? It sounds like KC is still running the show and JB is following her lead. Good, let he dig her grave even deeper. Gosh, she's an idiot and "child killer" :furious:

Why would Baez file this note with the other statements??

It looked to me like a sworn Affidavit with Casey writing in a #7 at the end (where he left her space) with her little missive.

The State Attorney claims that JB is not acting in KC's best interest because the SA believes that a confession is in her best interest and that she should not present her defense in court at trial. I guess every defense attorney who takes criminal cases to trial can be accused of the same as far as the State is concerned.

Well, too bad. Just because the State wants to convict KC the easy way doesnt' mean that she has to follow their strategy to put her in jail. She is entitled to force the SA to prove the State's case against her and to present a defense to the State's case. Because she refuses to let the SA determine her defense strategy, the SA is attacking her attorney. To me, this is beyond low. KC is right, they are making a mountain out of JB's payments or lack thereof because KC and JB won't succumb to pressure to plea.

She is not required to make it easy on the State.

Even if you hate her, she is still entitled to have the attorney of her choice represent her and it is not the State's duty to attack the attorney of choice. And if you ask me, the SA is responding this way because KC will not plea. So, the State is trying to take her attorney out of the picture. This goes against everything that is emodied in the right to counsel and a fair trial.

She is on trial, not JB.

Personally I think the SA has a valid question.......who is paying for all these high dollar people? And.....if this post wasn't so well written I would suspect it came from Baez' office itself.

WELL, THERE GOES THE ACCIDENT THEORY. Now we have it written in her own scrawl how she did not take the PLEA DEAL for a crime "I did NOT COMMIT". Essentially, now Casey is "on the record".

Ha! The plea deal was for "accident". So, I guess they are still going with the ImagiNanny! LOL!

I'm sorry but it's STUPID in my opinion to cut off your avenues in a defense even before trial. They are slowly but surely digging her grave (i.e., digging her into this Nanny defense which is BEYOND STUPID).

It certainly says a lot that she cannot control her rage any better than that. To think that she is stewing in a cell and just has to "strike back" in anger speaks volumes. She seriously must be about to explode - she's been in there quite a while and anything negative about her must just burn her so badly. Scary woman.

Since JB let her write this and submitted it to court, doesnt this throw out any future "ok i did it, but it was an accident" theory? She just said in legal papers I DID NOT DO IT. They are really dumb to stick with the nanny story.

That's the way I see it. We heard last year that the accident plea was on the table before the body was found. There was a deadline and we heard the deal was not accepted (or even responded to at the end of the deadline). Then Caylee's body was found...

Keep in mind plea deals are usually not brought up at trial...so why in the world would Baez have Casey sign anything having to do with a plea deal not taken (especially since the plea deal was in reference to the accident theory)? I mean, maybe I'm wrong but it seems slap-out stupid to me.

Also, I think it is slap-out stupid to BEFORE TRIAL cut off any avenues of defense you may have. At this rate, she'll be so pinned in the corner with this ridiculous Nanny tale that the only place left for her to go will be (in the words of Monopoly) "Go to Jail, Go Directly to Jail, Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200".

It certainly says a lot that she cannot control her rage any better than that. To think that she is stewing in a cell and just has to "strike back" in anger speaks volumes. She seriously must be about to explode - she's been in there quite a while and anything negative about her must just burn her so badly. Scary woman.

if she had a hammer she would be more dangerous than CA:cool:

According to JVM, Baez just filed his response to the Pros in regards to thier motion filed to discover where she is getting her cash for her team.
Casey wrote in effect that the Pros. is angry with her for NOT taking a plea deal for a "crime that I DID NOT COMMIT."

Interesting...

I'm no lawyer but it seems Casey can still go with the accident theory even after writing her note. She says, "crime I DID NOT COMMIT." I think she can still say her statement is accurate because if she uses the 'accident' theory, a crime was not committed.

BTW, I don't think it was an accident.

According to JVM, Baez just filed his response to the Pros in regards to thier motion filed to discover where she is getting her cash for her team.
Casey wrote in effect that the Pros. is angry with her for NOT taking a plea deal for a "crime that I DID NOT COMMIT."

Interesting...

which crime? isn't she accused of several? Oh yes, she has pleaded NOT GUILTY for all of them. If a video tape of her stealing her friends' money won't make her tell the truth, I guess one little hair and a couple of dogs sniffing around sure won't make her fess up.

Several have mentioned that this did damage. How exactly does this do damage?

It looked to me like a sworn Affidavit with Casey writing in a #7 at the end (where he left her space) with her little missive.

What Attorney allows his client, to hand-write this affirmation into a legal document?

Interesting what Judge S. will think of this??

And, The signature is is now reduced to 3 letters!:cool:

Any lawyers here? Did she give up any rights by responding in her own handwriting?

Respectfully copied from Themis on a thread about the SA motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailee
Did KC give up her right to remain silent by writing this herself??

Bailee! WOW! She can be cross examined on her affidavit and her handwritten note. Her handwritten note "opens the door" because it addresses the merits of whether or not she killed Caylee! WOW!

Break out the champagne in the Prosecutor's offices!

the day is coming when the justice will be served for the COLD BLOODED MURDER OF a BABY

screw around till the cows come home if they want to, but they are just delaying the inevitable.. she is in jail getting larger by the day and the more time they keep putzing around the more time to get them all....if you know what i mean :cool:

The State Attorney claims that JB is not acting in KC's best interest because the SA believes that a confession is in her best interest and that she should not present her defense in court at trial. I guess every defense attorney who takes criminal cases to trial can be accused of the same as far as the State is concerned.

Well, too bad. Just because the State wants to convict KC the easy way doesnt' mean that she has to follow their strategy to put her in jail. She is entitled to force the SA to prove the State's case against her and to present a defense to the State's case. Because she refuses to let the SA determine her defense strategy, the SA is attacking her attorney. To me, this is beyond low. KC is right, they are making a mountain out of JB's payments or lack thereof because KC and JB won't succumb to pressure to plea.

She is not required to make it easy on the State.

Even if you hate her, she is still entitled to have the attorney of her choice represent her and it is not the State's duty to attack the attorney of choice. And if you ask me, the SA is responding this way because KC will not plea. So, the State is trying to take her attorney out of the picture. This goes against everything that is emodied in the right to counsel and a fair trial.

She is on trial, not JB.

Actually, I think it's a case of the SA making sure that JB IS acting in his clients best interest. If JB is spending his time behind the scenes wheeling and dealing future book/movie deals it may be an appellate issue down the line, Casey claiming that JB was not spending his time and efforts on the case itself, rather on making raising money and a name for himself.

I'm still shaking my head at #7. Why did he file this? Did he counsel her that it would not be in her best interest to add #7? Stunned...

Remember, the official Nanny story is where she drops the baby off at Sawgrass Apartments with the Nanny. She hasn't told the LE anything different.

Interesting...

aaaaaa, that's too bad. well go hang yourself KC. Admit it or not, you are going to spend eternity in jail. so all the writing notes attempting to tell the world you're innocent cannot explain away all the very damaging evidence. have fun :bang:

Actually, I think it's a case of the SA making sure that JB IS acting in his clients best interest. If JB is spending his time behind the scenes wheeling and dealing future book/movie deals it may be an appellate issue down the line, Casey claiming that JB was not spending his time and efforts on the case itself, rather on making raising money and a name for himself.

they want to nail her and thank GOD they do.... seems like nobody else in the whole family wants to help the situation

nail her by making sure they cover all bases... im all for it :cool:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back