2009.03.14 Geraldo - Dr. Baden, Slip or Not on Chloroform In Caylee's hair test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manatee,

Will you PLEASE let me know if she responds to your email? I'd LOVE to hear her response.

Thanks

IMO, KC had to have been administering chloroform over a period of time - long enough to allow the chemical to show itself not only in the hair follicle, but the hair growth. The experts can even tell the approximate length of time the chemical was being given according to the amount of hair growth that shows chloroform AND in what concentrations at various stages. These tests have long been proven to be accurate.

Not trying to be argumentative at all...

But, wouldn't the ME's report have indicated something regarding chloroform as likely COD if this information was truly available via forensics on the hair??? :confused:

I understand "in" the hair would mean peri-mortem...so...a technicality?

I'm just sayin'...

If I am not mistaken, RM deleted the advertisment for chloroform off of his computer the day that KC was arrested. I thought it was odd at the time and now I wonder why. Anyone else?

Baden went on to say that drugs found in one's hair is NOT relevant to a COD inquiry but IS relevant to show a history of use of a drug. If chloroform was found in Caylee's hair it will point to a history of it being used on her. This would be very damning for the defense.

Exactly. This is what the talk was at the time Dr. G released her results and conclusions. At this stage, hair could only show that there was in fact some past exposure to a substance. It wouldn't be possible to determine specific dosage, when, etc. It seems to me Dr. B misstates the facts of this case sometimes, so I'll be interested to see if this gets confirmed.

And the defense whines about leaks!!!

Did Dr. Baden mentioned his opinion if test results were irrelevant like Dr. Perper said?

He thinks that the hair tests ARE relevant.

A couple of months back Baden was floating an accidental chloroform overdose theory. He said that it was common for young mothers to use chloroform as a babysitter. (IMO, it is impossible because of how chloroform has to be administered and I challenge Dr. Baden to cite ONE instance where anyone has ever done it.)

But, this isn't the first time Baden has brought chloroform up. It hasn't come up in discovery. But, it is obviously out there and even a month ago Baden was trying to do damage control by saying it was an accident.

IMO

If this is true, it could shed new light on why CA was so reluctant to give LE Caylee's hair brush. They probably couldn't do toxicology on the small amount of Caylee's hair found in the trunk. They had to preserve the "death band" hair for evidence. With speculation of drug use on Caylee, CA didn't want to give up hair to be used for toxicology. She knew KC was capable of this.
A lock of Caylee's hair was taken during the last SW at the house as well as ALL hairbrushes.

:clap:
Not trying to be argumentative at all...

But, wouldn't the ME's report have indicated something regarding chloroform as likely COD if this information was truly available via forensics on the hair??? :confused:

I understand "in" the hair would mean peri-mortem...so...a technicality?

I'm just sayin'...
IIRC, toxicology reports weren't back at the time of the ME's presser. The ME did say that toxicology on the hair wouldn't likely be helpful to show COD. Probably because it will show a history of use only. She would not be able to make the jump to this being the cause of death. IMO, that would be the prosecution's job at trial.

I didn't watch the show, but did watch the clip that was posted. Assuming Geraldo (and NG) already knows the answers to questions he asks, I think G had talked to DrB before broadcast and was set to show the world that he was going to help the Casey defense. When he asked the question to prove that the hair analysis didn't matter, he already knew the answer DrB would give. So, with the next question (do you mean-are you saying?) he added Caylee's name in it thinking that DrB would say it was the same with KC case also, but DrB actually broke the case wide open. It backfired on G and I'll bet he's in hot water now with JB.

I hate to say this because of Caylee, but please, please, please let this be true so that there is justice for Caylee.

*brain fart: is there any way chloroform could be absorbed into hair after death? Or only through the roots, meaning it must have been administered before Caylee died?*

And on which hair? The ones found in the trunk with decomp? Or the hair from Caylee's remains?

Back in the early 1970s, our biology class in college was expected to gather a "bug" collection. We were told to go to the instructor and get our CHLOROFORM and cotton balls to keep in a bottle to kill the insect once we'd caught it. Now, I can't even remember how I did that (killed the insect w/the chloroform), but I did it and had a nice collection of butterflies, moths, bugs galore.

Mostly, I would use this opportunity to get to go galavanting with a cute guy. They loved to ask the girl: "Would you like to go bug-hunting with me Saturday out in the nature preserve (woods!). Oh YEAH!

The chloroform was volatile, evaporated easily. I even sniffed it for a brief moment. I can't recall the smell now, either. I'm still alive.

Now, the defense might use this little bit of info: chloroform is released when you combine clenaing products that are labeled "antibacterial", such as the Soft Soap, with BLEACH.

Notice how the labels in tiny print read, do not combine with bleach. No one ever sees that! But the defense may use that in desperation, saying that KC's "cleaning products" in her trunk combined to form chloroform. Lame, isn't it?

I don't believe Casey had been administering chloroform for a long period of time. To administer chloroform with a rag safely you have to do it drips at a time. Each dose only lasts about 15 minutes.

Third world country veterinarians use chloroform on large animals. They use a mask which mixes the chloroform with gas (diluting it) and controls the dosage.

Chloroform might be a good date rape drug. But, it wouldn't work as a babysitter because you'd have to stay at the child's head dripping drops every 15 minutes to keep the child asleep.

If Casey used it, she did it once and did it wrong. She wouldn't have put the duct tape over into Caylee's hair if she thought the duct tape was going to ever come off. Taxidermists and small town animal shelters still use chloroform as an inexpensive way to euthanize. You can find pages all over the web on how to use chloroform for that. You won't find a single site or example of how to use chloroform for a babysitter.

JMO

I didn't watch the show, but did watch the clip that was posted. Assuming Geraldo (and NG) already knows the answers to questions he asks, I think G had talked to DrP before broadcast and was set to show the world that he was going to help the Casey defense. When he asked the question to prove that the hair analysis didn't matter, he already knew the answer DrP would give. So, with the next question (do you mean-are you saying?) he added Caylee's name in it thinking that DrP would say it was the same with KC case also, but DrP actually broke the case wide open. It backfired on G and I'll bet he's in hot water now with JB.

Well, actually, it was Dr. Baden that broke this case wide open, IMO. Dr Perper was defending the scenario of NOT taking a hair follicle test in the A.N. Smith case, and then Dr. Baden was the one who said hair follicle testing is relevant in showing a drugs use history, presence in the hair testing. And then added his oops, to G about uh, yea finding the Chloroform in Caylee's hair. Dr. B, Jose, Dr. Lee, all these idiots really should just stop going on these shows to be "experts". Everytime they do, they either sound like putzes or stick a foot in their mouth.:D

To help stay on-topic for this thread :praying: ...and for easier reference later...in-depth discussion of chloroform is here.

I posted about this last night in the rumor thread, since it came from Dr Baden's mouth, I am very suspicious due to his other remarks about this case thus far.

All I know is, we caught the insects in our net, brought out our chloroformed cotton ball, put the insect and chloroformed cotton ball into a small container w/a lid, and voila, the insect died. Then we could take a straight pin and pin the insect onto our collection board.

I can't believe I did that!! Nowdays, I would not even kill a butterfly. Naive life back then, with colleges trusting kids w/chloroform.

I posted about this last night in the rumor thread, since it came from Dr Baden's mouth, I am very suspicious due to his other remarks about this case thus far.

Dr. Baden did float an accidental overdose of chloroform theory a couple of months back.

My opinion is that Dr. Baden knew something then. It didn't come up out of the blue.

Maybe Dr. Baden didn't slip? What if he put the information out there to pressure the prosecution into releasing the scientific evidence to confirm or deny? The experts can't do a proper job of disproving or refuting without all the facts.

Baez has been throwing hissy fits and filing motion after motion trying to get more scientific evidence into his experts hands.

JMO

To help stay on-topic for this thread :praying: ...and for easier reference later...in-depth discussion of chloroform is here.

I brought up my chloroform points because of speculation that Casey had been dosing Caylee with chloroform over a long period of time.

At the in-depth chloroform discussion are lots of links showing why Casey probably only used the chloroform once if she used it.

I'm not sure that he didn't say... "...where they found chloroform and the baby's hair." Both possible versions ("in" or "and") suit the context of the question (from GR) as a reply.

Dr. Baden is speaking rather rapidly in that response, and in that situation it is difficult for me to decide if he actually said "in" or "and". In rapid speech, the word "and" can be contracted to 'n.

Take your pick:

1) "chloroform in the baby's hair"

2) "chloroform and the baby's hair"

3) "chloroform 'n the baby's hair"

Wasn't Dr. Baden the one who said that Caylee's bones were in the bag (sounding as if he meant that all her bones were in the bag)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther