2009.04.06 Document Release: 2008.07.23 Cindy Phone Message for Sgt. John Allen

here's the picture she's talking about. It was actually taken at Ric's apartment (Casey cleared that up in that Aug. 14 visit):
Cleared that up, yeah right, she said actually Ricardo and Zanny's places are set up very much alike.

Cindy said Casey had to have help.
I listened 3 times and that's what I heard. She goes on to say, "There are people that
know information".

Okay. I'm a transcriptionist by trade. I heard it clearly: "Casey had to have had help..."

I'm exhausted after listening to that ten-minute run-on sentence. She talks so much, the entire point of her call is lost.

I totally agree with you! Cindy is coarse and ignorant, but that does not make her stupid or dumb. Her main focus now will be in saving Casey, but for WHAT, I don't know.

Because in Cindy's mind, she'd be a bad mom if she didn't. JMHO & of course it's not true, but it IS what CA believes.

snipped
During her interview with OCSO she clearly said she believed Jesse had Caylee. The detectives said, no that was not correct, Cindy also stated to them during the same interview that Jesse had first hand knowledge about Caylee's whereabouts which we all know is False.
Now, if that isn't throwing someone under the bus/accusing them, what is?

What? :waitasec: Could you provide a page# or minute mark on an audio for that? I think I've heard and read all the interviews in the case and never heard Cindy accuse JG of having Caylee or knowing where Caylee is.... (unless there was some huge comment I missed in parts of the audios that didn't work, there were some parts where it skipped ahead.) I've heard Cindy saying she wondered if the name "Zannie" could have been used for Jesse or any other friend, when she was trying to help find out about the timeline and about who "Zannie" could be.....she told about his attachment to Caylee in the past and the history of how she was uncomfortable with his domineering/angry behavior toward her in her own home in the past. Fair enough, what parent would not mention these things, when their granddaughter is missing and this person reportedly (by all accounts) had a strong attachment to the granddaughter in the past, used to be engaged to KC, and she's wondering if her daughter might still be involved with this person off and on to some degree? It would be pretty strange if she hadn't mentioned him.

She was much more cautious and restrained in her comments, all of the A's have been, than JG's dad in his recently released interview. If you want to hear someone throwing people under buses, check that one out. :waitasec:

CA was also probably frustrated on this call because, IIRC LE were working with KC's friends and trying to get some real info, since KC was lying about everything and the A's were out of touch and not helpful (ETA: in knowing where KC was those 31 days). IIRC the strategy was to get everyone elses testimony first and hone in from that. LE probably didn't want to waste all their time with the A's and CA got frustrated because LE were focused on their investigation and knew things that were not shared yet and, not focused on her investigation.

This is nothing new. Every recent case, like Sandra and Hailey the family have likewise been clueless and out-of-the-loop on LE investigations and moves. If LE were to keep the family completely in the loop then not only would it consume too much time, it would also compromise or taint thinking or pollute others who may become targets.

Bottom line: CA wanted inside info and to be in control and wasn't/couldn't.

Obviously at the time of this phone message, the family believed Caylee was alive and with someone, or were hoping very hard that she was. (According to all the people interviewed) KC had been a loving and protective mother all of KC's life, the family and close friends had absolutely no reason to believe that KC had harmed Caylee. They thought Caylee must be with someone who knew Casey, whether a friend, or someone with a vendetta against KC, someone she had stolen from or who knows what, or a sitter who had gotten too attached or whatever. Finding Caylee took priority over trying to figure out what was wrong with KC, certainly they would never have thought of going out searching for a dead body. What family could do that when they were still thinking the child was alive out there?
I think they (especially Lee) did all the searching they could. They couldn't go bang people's doors down for information or to search for Caylee, as Lee said. They were dependant on LE, they could only pass all info on to LE.

. They were the ones who called LE. They cooperated fully with LE despite the fact that some of LE repeatedly indicated they believed KC had killed Caylee and their actions (at least on the part of one or two of them) repeatedly showed they were only concerned with building a case against KC. How many families could handle that, imagine the fear of the family thinking Caylee was still out there but how could they find her on their own, etc? What about LE taking search dogs to the places Caylee and KC had been for example, to start with?

(If you were the grandmother of this child you wouldn't have been telling the police about this picture and wanting them to find out whose apartment it really was, etc? You wouldn't have wanted them to find out everything about everyone who had been in contact with Caylee, and everyplace that she'd been? I sure would.) LE told all witnesses including the family to contact them if they thought of anything. That's what CA was doing in this phone messg.

CA was also probably frustrated on this call because, IIRC LE were working with KC's friends and trying to get some real info, since KC was lying about everything and the A's were out of touch and not helpful (ETA: in knowing where KC was those 31 days). IIRC the strategy was to get everyone elses testimony first and hone in from that. LE probably didn't want to waste all their time with the A's and CA got frustrated because LE were focused on their investigation and knew things that were not shared yet and, not focused on her investigation.

This is nothing new. Every recent case, like Sandra and Hailey the family have likewise been clueless and out-of-the-loop on LE investigations and moves. If LE were to keep the family completely in the loop then not only would it consume too much time, it would also compromise or taint thinking or pollute others who may become targets.

It's obvious to me that CA was simply trying to get LE to look into the photograph since she'd been told it was at Zannie's apartment. A completely reasonable expectation. I'm sure LE had told everyone, including the family to call if they thought of anything.

It's obvious to me that CA was simply trying to get LE to look into the photograph since she'd been told it was at Zannie's apartment. A completely reasonable expectation. I'm sure LE had told everyone, including the family to call if they thought of anything.

Well, IMO Cindy claiming she was told the apartment was ZG's is yet another lie.. I remember watching the video of the jail visit when Cindy asked Casey about that picture.. she asked about the "drum set" and asked her if it was taken at ZG's and Casey said NO, the apartment is similar but it is not ZG's.

yep. you got that right.

snipped

I don't understand the vitriol so many people direct toward the Anthonys. They were the ones who called LE. They cooperated fully with LE despite the fact that some of LE repeatedly indicated they believed KC had killed Caylee and their actions (at least on the part of one or two of them) repeatedly showed they were only concerned with building a case against KC. How many families could handle that, imagine the fear of the family thinking Caylee was still out there but how could they find her on their own, etc? What about LE taking search dogs to the places Caylee and KC had been for example, to start with?

I think this paragraph, particularly the sentence I bolded, sums up the differing views on this case. Yes, LE repeatedly indicated they believed KC had killed Caylee because ALL the information they received led them in that direction. From their very first interview with KC she lied and lied. Within 24 hours of the first call, LE saw (or should I say smelled) for themselves the odor of decomposition in the car. They could not find ANYONE who saw Caylee after June 16th. What other conclusion could they have come to? - just concentrate ONLY on the infomration they received in the first 24 hours of this case, do you really think they should have come to a different conclusion? I know you have followed this case as closely as the rest of us have - and perhaps this isn't the thread to discuss it, but I really would like to know what who else or what else LE should have looked into, with the information they had been given and the evidence they found.

Obviously at the time of this phone message, the family believed Caylee was alive and with someone, or were hoping very hard that she was. (According to all the people interviewed) KC had been a loving and protective mother all of KC's life, the family and close friends had absolutely no reason to believe that KC had harmed Caylee. They thought Caylee must be with someone who knew Casey, whether a friend, or someone with a vendetta against KC, someone she had stolen from or who knows what, or a sitter who had gotten too attached or whatever. Finding Caylee took priority over trying to figure out what was wrong with KC, certainly they would never have thought of going out searching for a dead body. What family could do that when they were still thinking the child was alive out there?
I think they (especially Lee) did all the searching they could. They couldn't go bang people's doors down for information or to search for Caylee, as Lee said. They were dependant on LE, they could only pass all info on to LE.
They were the ones who called LE. They cooperated fully with LE despite the fact that some of LE repeatedly indicated they believed KC had killed Caylee and their actions (at least on the part of one or two of them) repeatedly showed they were only concerned with building a case against KC. How many families could handle that, imagine the fear of the family thinking Caylee was still out there but how could they find her on their own, etc? What about LE taking search dogs to the places Caylee and KC had been for example, to start with?

(If you were the grandmother of this child you wouldn't have been telling the police about this picture and wanting them to find out whose apartment it really was, etc? You wouldn't have wanted them to find out everything about everyone who had been in contact with Caylee, and everyplace that she'd been? I sure would.) LE told all witnesses including the family to contact them if they thought of anything. That's what CA was doing in this phone messg.

To me this phone message doesn't sound like CA just wanted to relay a thought about the picture of Caylee. To me it sounds like CA wanted to try to influence the direction of the investigation, even if that meant threatening LE with using the media. You say that you believe that CA was frustrated that LE seemed to be focusing on KC, that they had tunnel vision. My impression is that it is CA(and GA) who has tunnel vision as she was/and still is refusing to accept that all facts lead to KC murdering Caylee. She actually says to LE on that message that they "have wasted alot of time finger pointing at KC"! What CA calls finger pointing, the rest of the public call LE working an investigation and following whoever the discovery implicates. All facts lead to KC. Period.

The vitriol directed at the A's? IMO that is the public's response to parents who were willing to put their head in the sand for 23 years of KC's life......and who are willing to do it again despite the fact that KC murdered her daughter.
:cow:

I truly believe that at the point of this call, Cindy was believing that Casey had something to do with Caylee's demise. But, she felt that Casey was not solely to blame, (has Casey ever been solely to blame for anything?). She was frustrated that LE was only looking at Casey, maybe she thought Caylee had been abused or something by one of Casey's friends, but that Casey was not the only one to blame. JMO of course. It was only after it became evident that there probably wasn't anyone else involved, after all the press and demonstrations against Casey, that the Anthony's went into protect mode and threw their support behind her 100%. In the first recorded jail visits, it is obvious that they think Casey knows much more than she is saying. JMO and all that jazz.

What? :waitasec: Could you provide a page# or minute mark on an audio for that? I think I've heard and read all the interviews in the case and never heard Cindy accuse JG of having Caylee or knowing where Caylee is.... (unless there was some huge comment I missed in parts of the audios that didn't work, there were some parts where it skipped ahead.)
snipped
bold,me
The part you may have missed is here:

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Sideba...gs_released_by_law_enforcement.html?refresh=1
At the 1 hour,30minute mark.
Under New Audio Released- Scroll down to
Cindy Anthony -- Aug. 1, 2008

Please, stop bickering and stay on the topic at hand..

I'll leave this out and see how it goes.

Please remember this message was left ONE WEEK into the investigation.

Yes, that's what she's talking about.
JB, could you be a "voice of reason" or in this case an ear and go listen to
her voice mail at the 3:55 minute point and try to decifer what she says,
"Casey had to have help" or what? Please? The link is here in post #9.
sounds like she says casey had to have help. IMO, meaning she needed help as in a sitter..meaning there is a sitter somewhere and we have to find her. Remember..this is only one week into the investigation.

JBean-This may not be where I should be questioning. However, I am wondering why my post has been erased from this thread. I have to admit, I have been reading here for quite a while before I signed up to comment. It's rare that I feel comfortable to comment here. This does seem to be quite a clickish website. I have tried to open up info and pictures and have been unable to do so. I guess this really isn't a public forum, just for the ones that are here 24/7. I am a little disappointed in websleuths.
I am sorry you feel that way. :blowkiss: You are right that this isn't a good place for the discussion, but feel free to contact any admin or moderator here with any questions opr concerns you may have.

sounds like she says casey had to have help. IMO, meaning she needed help as in a sitter..meaning there is a sitter somewhere and we have to find her. Remember..this is only one week into the investigation.

Thanks for answering........you probably would rather not get in the middle of , "I heard this, no, I heard that.":blushing:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Contrary Marge
Back