2009.04.13 Baez requests phone records - POLL

Will Casey's defense team implicate someone else in Caylee's murder?

• No.

Votes: 24 7.3%
  • Yes, another member of the Anthony family.

Votes: 69 20.9%
  • Yes, one of Casey's former love interests.

Votes: 164 49.7%
  • Yes, a former/current friend of Casey's.

Votes: 100 30.3%
  • Yes, a stranger.

Votes: 46 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wftv.com/news/19166857/detail.html

Cell phone records requested include those for Cindy, George, Lee, and Casey's last three boyfriends (Tony, Jesse, and Ricardo).

I've wondered for a while if the defense was going to point fingers at Casey's parents and brother for Caylee's death.

Thoughts?

Looks Like JB is on a Phishing expedition, sorry JB, its all KC, no one else, shes the one thats gonna fry

Definitely a fishing expedition, covering a lot of possible people who might be used to create reasonable doubt. There may be one or two who are the primary targets, and they are just hidden in with the rest so we won't discover the genius plan afoot. I think the A's are just there as "filler."

I can't imagine the defense would accuse CA, or even try to build a defense around how she's such a harpy that she drove her daughter to do this awful thing. I don't think they can count on what she might do to retaliate if they crossed her. Right now, it's as if all else has fallen away and she just wants to "win" over LE, who she feels has dissed her and rejected her control. They are her apparent declared enemy. She could get a new one if the defense ever dared to publicly blame and humiliate her.

Maybe he wants to see if the cell "pings" can place any of them, or more than one of them, near the dump site during a specific period. He has claimed that someone else put the body there while his client was incarcerated, so he may be looking for ANYBODY that he can insinuate might have done it, like JG or AH, who have both been named by CA as likely candidates for the nanny. Of course, it is just a fishing expedition. With the DP being brought back into play today, he better be fishing with some good bait!

:croc:

The family is out I think. It would put KC too close. JG is the guy all the way. He's got a target on his back larger than the signage on the Target Stores.

IMO, he doesn't really need to establish much of an alibi the time frame is very wide open.

:wave: Steely Dan

Originally I thought so too but then I realized the state has concrete evidence of KC and TL at Blockbuster renting videos on June 16, 2008 only hours after Caylee was allegedly kidnapped by ZFG.

If Caylee isn't with KC or Cindy and George on June 16th - where was she?

Remember, no one can confirm seeing Caylee alive on June 16, 2008 except Casey and George.

The last time she was seen by someone that is/was not a family member was June 15, 2008.

The window of opportunity (time frame) is actually very, very small.

What's KC's alibi? If she wasn't at Universal working during the window of opportunity ... where was she?

MOO

DT

Well, now that the state has put the death penalty back on the table and JB won't be able to sit in the lead chair, I'm not sure what the defense will do but tend to think they will stick with some form of the Nanny story. I think getting the phone records is just to be able to match their presentation of "facts" to any existing records the prosecution has. I would say they would match Casey's story to those records but I can't believe any defense attorney would put her on the stand to be cross examined.

Implicate or successfully implicate? I agree with the poster who suggested that this very broad net was a somewhat frantic fishing expedition. (For one thing, you would imagine that the defense would be further along at this point than to begin offering up other "culprits," several of them kin.)

I have the haunting thought that they are after her brother. Think about what she said about Lee to Jesse. She would get sympathy from Baez and team if she told them Lee molested her and then top it off her parents knew...
It would explain the lies the secrecy...but who would buy it? Wouldn't it be WOW if her brother was the father......her parents didn't know to after...the hinted things said at memorial...must stay together strong family...:liar: who knows so many lies

I have always said they will go after George. He admitted to seeing her last (which I never believed) KC will say she left after the fight and left Caylee there. She will say George has always had a violent temper (which he has exhibited many times on TV) and that she was terrified of him. She will claim he put the body in her car (he had a key) and when she found it she freaked out so bad she had a psychotic break (flat emotions, etc.) She will say he threatened to kill Cindy, Lee and her if she told (he bought a gun and hid it) and he planned on killing them all if she talked. She will say she was protecting her mother and brother. She will say he gave her the "script" and made sure she did not vary from it and told her he would get her out of it if she would keep her mouth shut.

She will say the gas can incident was when she first saw the body and she didn't know what to do so she ran. Remember she said "he" ran over the squirrels which made the car smell. That is why he "chased" her as he told. She has been afraid to speak because she knew he would kill the others, so she waited until trial to tell the story.

I have always said they will go after George. He admitted to seeing her last (which I never believed) KC will say she left after the fight and left Caylee there. She will say George has always had a violent temper (which he has exhibited many times on TV) and that she was terrified of him. She will claim he put the body in her car (he had a key) and when she found it she freaked out so bad she had a psychotic break (flat emotions, etc.) She will say he threatened to kill Cindy, Lee and her if she told (he bought a gun and hid it) and he planned on killing them all if she talked. She will say she was protecting her mother and brother. She will say he gave her the "script" and made sure she did not vary from it and told her he would get her out of it if she would keep her mouth shut.

She will say the gas can incident was when she first saw the body and she didn't know what to do so she ran. Remember she said "he" ran over the squirrels which made the car smell. That is why he "chased" her as he told. She has been afraid to speak because she knew he would kill the others, so she waited until trial to tell the story.

Oh c'mon Turbo. I usually love your posts but this one is really
o u t t h e r e. ...Then again, sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. I don't think anybody's going to be under any buses except Casey.;)

Does this not mean that due to Sunshine laws the public would see every one of Cindy and George's texts and calls from that time. That document dump is sure to crash any server.

I can see JB wanting the phone records of everyone on the list except Keith W.

WTH?

I must have missed something somewhere. When did he and KC have a chat? lol

I thought the defense already had AH's cell phone records?

IIRC the records are from the time of when Caylee went missing until she was reported missing.

It's not listed, but I bet the time frame JB is looking for is right before and when the body was found. This fishing is about the body find. Trying to find some way to get it and any evidence thrown out and not used against KC. At the same time, might find a way to pen the whole thing on someone else... He is just fishing for anything he can use.

Either by showing it's contaminated evidence or that there was some sort of priority info given out.

Might also want to know who filed the complaint...

Pretty good Turbo...the only thing that I don't think would fly with this theory is that if KC was going to use that is that she would have already said it to try and get out of jail. I can't see her sitting in jail for GA or anyone else if she could "throw them under the bus".

Oh c'mon Turbo. I usually love your posts but this one is really
o u t t h e r e. ...Then again, sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. I don't think anybody's going to be under any buses except Casey.;)

LOL - That is the only chance she has. The evidence is too overwhelming and the only one which she can turn that evidence on is George. Think about it.

Some think she will turn on Lee, but I don't see that happening because there is no evidence to support that Lee was around Caylee. Cindy was gone to work. George was not working then.

I really do believe before it is over that will be what they concoct.

Pretty good Turbo...the only thing that I don't think would fly with this theory is that if KC was going to use that is that she would have already said it to try and get out of jail. I can't see her sitting in jail for GA or anyone else if she could "throw them under the bus".

Her answer for that is going to be until trial she was afraid to tell it because he had access to Cindy and Lee. Once the trial starts, she would say she felt when the truth came out he could not hurt them and get by with it.

She has not said a word............Cindy said she was "protecting" Caylee. She will say she was protecting Cindy and Lee and that is why she could never tell the truth until the trial started.

She will say his suicide attempt was because he KNEW what he did. There also were those calls between him and her during that time.

I voted for one of kc's current / former friends, I would have voted for one of her former lovers, but talk about needle in a haystack. In my vote for former friends, I would like to include as possiblities - jg & rm. I can't imagine them going with anything other than reasonable doubt, that is what lkb is on staff for. The imaginanny story gets even more farfetched as time goes on. GA & CA are still on their reasonable doubt tour, and their recent depos cameos really cost them any sort of public sympathy that may have started to come their way since the suicide attempt and memorial. I forget which poster said it, but they will throw the whole lot of them against the wall and see what sticks.

All moo.

Means, Motive, Opportunity:

Besides Casey, who else had the MMO to murder Caylee sometime between the time she returned to the Anthony home from visiting her maternal great grandfather on June 15, 2008 (Father's Day) and the time Casey is seen at Blockbuster Video with TL the next night June 16, 2008 ... no Caylee in sight ....

That's the window of opportunity, IMO.

DT

Her answer for that is going to be until trial she was afraid to tell it because he had access to Cindy and Lee. Once the trial starts, she would say she felt when the truth came out he could not hurt them and get by with it.

She has not said a word............Cindy said she was "protecting" Caylee. She will say she was protecting Cindy and Lee and that is why she could never tell the truth until the trial started.

She will say his suicide attempt was because he KNEW what he did. There also were those calls between him and her during that time.

I would have said all of the above, JB will try to baffle with B.S. and throw ANYBODY else under the bus.

BUT, Turbo, you have an excellent theory there. (bold, above) When I read your earlier post (upthread) re: GA, I would have added the suicide attempt = guilty conscience...and the scary part is that all JB has to do is confuse one juror with all his nonsense.

I really, really can't believe how bizarre this case is. Hold onto your hats, my friends, it's gonna get even crazier!!

That's my biggest fear (the OJ strategy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500