2009.06.16--Brad Conway on GMA

While we are all talking about the various interviews, does anyone else find it strange that there were 3 different interviews of 3 different players in this saga all at about the same time on the anniversary of what most feel is the day that Caylee was killed? You had the A's, trying to plug their foundation, LKB and her hubby, trying to plug their book, and BC, giving a straight out interview about the case. Though the A's and LKB were talking under the auspices of the foundation and the new book, they were still being allowed to say what they wanted to be known about the case. And as for the BC interview, I feel this is the first time he has said anything that I wanted to hear, which makes me wonder why all of them were giving interviews today. If you had to decide to tune in to one or the other, you would probably pick the grandparents or the defense attorney, thinking you were going to hear something relevent. But, alas, you would be disappointed, and would have missed the "bombshell" being dropped by the attorney for the grandparents.

To add to the unending speculation, I can't help but wonder if something in that autopsy report has given BC the leverage he felt he needed to say what he said today -- something that more strongly implicates KC. Seems odd to me that it was BC and not JB who asked that it be withheld. The game is afoot, and I too can't wait to see if JB replies. Pre AL I think he would have. Post AL, I think she'll tell him to keep his mouth shut. Question is, will he? This may be enlightening as to who is really in control of the KC dream team.

bold by me

Interesting question. The A's have stated it would be too painful for the report to be released publicly. Maybe so. Seems odd that it would be too painful for them, but not painful enough for JB to object to the release.

Maybe we are all hoping against hope that there is something significant in the report that implicates KC. My guess is that there is. But if there is, why didn't JB file to have it withheld?

Maybe there is something in the report that does not directly implicate KC, but that shows whoever killed Caylee did it deliberately and with malice? I think that taking away the possibility Caylee's death could have been an accident would be a blow to the defense.

There has to be a reason Dr. G could say Caylee's cause of death was homicide and not "undetermined".

Maybe the explanation for why Dr. G came to her conclusion is what the Anthony's are trying to have suppressed?

JMO

Maybe we are all hoping against hope that there is something significant in the report that implicates KC. My guess is that there is. But if there is, why didn't JB file to have it withheld?

Because JB is working on supressing the release of the jail video. JB can't multi-task. :clap:

I know there was a lot of discussion regarding who's "going under the bus." Question-if the defense does decide to go that route (implicate JG for example), would they have to make this known to the SA before trial? Or they allowed to keep it secret until? Cause that would seem REALLY unfair

I watched the interview a couple of times and I'm curious when did BC give this interview because it looks canned, cut and pasted, and not a live interview on GMA.

I find it interesting that BC is basically conceding that there's no scenario where Casey is excluded as a suspect in Caylee's murder.

But why does BC bring up the scenario that there's SOD involved somehow? Casey is quite capable of murder and disposing of Caylee's body on Suburban Drive all by herself.

I watched the interview a couple of times and I'm curious when did BC give this interview because it looks canned, cut and pasted, and not a live interview on GMA.

I find it interesting that BC is basically conceding that there's no scenario where Casey is excluded as a suspect in Caylee's murder.

But why does BC bring up the scenario that there's SOD involved somehow? Casey is quite capable of murder and disposing of Caylee's body on Suburban Drive all by herself.

Because the only defense that JB can use that makes his client innocent is SODDI. But there is no proof of SOD. So, as BC said, (1) KC may have been involved but someone else was involved also (2) Only KC knows what happened (3) therefore JB must have KC testify to prove SOD. Of course, we know that JB will never put her on the stand. I think BC is just calling JB's bluff.

Exactly. This is a key turning point in many ways. And quite purposeful.

I suspect that this interview was the most carefully planned of any of BC's to date. What were the goals?

• Confirmation that JB controls the jail visits and made the decision & that BC disagrees with this decision
    • pressure directed to JB to let the A's see KC
    • deflects criticisms that the A's haven't visited
    • even though it is likely that KC agrees entirely with the decision, it puts the burden solely on JB. Thus, public might also muster further sympathy for KC, poor thing - her lawyer won't let her see her family
  • Implied belief that KC does carry some guilt
    • reality check for A's & defense both
    • underlying message to plea?
    • underlying message to KC?
  • Implied additional involvement
    • puts A's on a better public footing - "We just don't know AND there must be others involved, so of course we're standing firm because KC might not shoulder the biggest burden of guilt." (they're edging closer to guilt, but still a long way off of responsibility)
    • outlines questions BC would be asking. Another prod to JB? Or further knowledge of JB's direction?
  • Autopsy report
    • I'm hung up on this, "what is in and IS NOT in the report"
    • not sure why, but that has my noggin stewing over possibilities if I take it together with the conspiracy theory
    • is there something they thought would be in the report, based on their knowledge, that wasn't discovered? (I'm confusing myself...)
Now, with baited breath I wait to see if JB has anything to say about this interview. Will he respond directly or indirectly? New lines drawn in the sand?

AMEN! AMEN! AAAAAAAAAMEN!

I'm happy to forfeit the rent for hanging out in my head today. ;)
much to tired to make those points so eloquently. :blowkiss:

While we are all talking about the various interviews, does anyone else find it strange that there were 3 different interviews of 3 different players in this saga all at about the same time on the anniversary of what most feel is the day that Caylee was killed? You had the A's, trying to plug their foundation, LKB and her hubby, trying to plug their book, and BC, giving a straight out interview about the case. Though the A's and LKB were talking under the auspices of the foundation and the new book, they were still being allowed to say what they wanted to be known about the case. And as for the BC interview, I feel this is the first time he has said anything that I wanted to hear, which makes me wonder why all of them were giving interviews today. If you had to decide to tune in to one or the other, you would probably pick the grandparents or the defense attorney, thinking you were going to hear something relevent. But, alas, you would be disappointed, and would have missed the "bombshell" being dropped by the attorney for the grandparents.

WOW! I missed that there was an interview of LKB and her hubby. Is there a link to that one?

Faefrost brought up a great point on the other thread that I forgot on the list:

• BC also issued a subtle challenge for KC to take the stand.
Yes. That was well-devised. hmm

i thought i was gonna pass-out when i heard him say that! if there was one thing i would have placed all my $$$ on it was that she would not take the stand. Holy mercy - i can't even express what a freaking nightmare that could be for her defense. IF it does happen, it would have to be short, sweet and only hit on a one...okay, maybe two.. fairly insignificant points. All it would take would be a slip of the tongue and/or start yapping away with her crazy *advertiser censored** lies, she would open the door for the prosecution to have the biggest field day ever seen in a courtroom. Most dangerous idea for the defense i've heard of yet.

I don't see the Anthony's and JB working hand in hand. I do believe there is something in that report that irks Cindy enough to make BC get of his A$$ and DO SOMETHING quick!

Ever since they successfully had George's suicide note suppressed, the Anthony's now think they can get any other damaging evidence supressed using their "special grieving" privledges.(sp?)

They are attempting to create a foundation and raise money. Perhaps the evidence in that report will sour potential donations towards their highly anticipated fund raising blitz?

Again MOO...

I don't think it's a coincidence that they were releasing this evidence just prior to the anniversary date of caylee's demise.

This is a prime time for fundraising...again MOO.
ITA, I believe Brad said what the A's wouldn't say, but he did it for their "foundation". I believe that is their number one priority at this time...$$$.

Brad Conway was interviewed on GMA very briefly--but I am still very surprised at one of his answers to a direct question about Casey. The question was something along the lines of "why is law enforcement NOT looking for anyone else--does that mean Casey is responsible?" and Brad Conway answered: "I believe there is someone else involved".
WOW. So--he was indicating that there was someone else BESIDES Casey involved (?!). Otherwise wouldn't he have said "Casey is innocent"? He did NOT say that. I am a little stunned.
Did you see this--did you take the above the same way I did?

Brad Conway on Good Morning America
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=7849993

As CA said herself in a voicemail she left for LE, "KC had to have had help". BC's clients vascilate with what they want out there. I am glad BC got this out there quickly, before they change their minds again.

Yea, it definitely felt like a challenge to me too. Between the challenge to have KC testify, implying that KC is involved and stating that only KC knows the whole truth, it seems like BC is making a strong suggestion to JB that KC should take a plea. Anyone else get this impression? I truly believe that BC wants this to be over for his clients. I think he must really care about them -- why else would he have stayed this long?

Free publicity?

Timing of this specific interview is crucial, IMO. It is as if BC was saying, "Here we are a year later. Where are you going with this now, JB?"

The other point of the interview that I found to be intriguing is that when Brad listed the reasons he'd filed the motion to seal the autopsy report, he included this statement, "They also don't want to deal with speculation about what is and is not in the report."

Just me, but am I yet again wondering and speculating all the more about the report because of that statement.

JMHO of course but how often do ME(s) just leave stuff out of an autopsy? Answer: They don't.
CA, GA & BC do not want to have to deal with speculation about what is IN the report. Again JMO but I do believe it has to do with postmortem findings on the bones as Dr. G would not discuss this topic at the press conference but was willing to discuss antemortem findings. This I find intriguing.

WOW! I missed that there was an interview of LKB and her hubby. Is there a link to that one?

Yeppers! Here's a You-Tube link.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUhtmUlLxxc"]YouTube - Today Show 6/16/09 Linda Kenny-Baden & Dr. Michael Baden[/ame]

I must be odd man out on the entire forum today. :)

While everyone else is interpreting Brad's statements to be all about the bus heading for the A's, based on this interview and past ones with the A's and JB, I still lean more towards the bus heading towards JG.

Recall that JB implied JG was a suspect during the last motions hearings? And on LKL, the A's again implied they had a suspect in mind?

I do think the bus might swerve to nick the A's, absolutely. But, I think in this interview BC is leaning towards the JG angle. MOO.

The Bus. I referenced it earlier as a Train headed for the A's but your theory could be right as rain. :)

We've said all along that JB had made the decision that KC should not see her parents, and now we have confirmation.

I found Brad's interview to be of far more interest that the A's.

Respecfully snipped

Greta's interview of Baez back in January addresses KC's visits with her parents.

[nomedia]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVH1bGifNFU[/nomedia]

I am going to hurl that this trial may take another year to begin.

Isn't it almost un-Constitutional that a trial be delayed for so long? Just because KC's lawyers want it drawn out, does not nullify the fact the the Constitution calls for a speedy trial for the benefit of the defendant. She will have been held without a conviction on any of her crimes for an awful long time.....just don't want lawyers to use anything on apeal...

I would bet the SA could walk in the courtroom in the morning and tell the Judge we're ready and they would be....JB & Co. on the other hand would dang near swallow their tongues...they are not anywhere close to ready.
The state will not be the hold up, it will be the defense themselves.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back