2009.21.09 Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
GRACE: We`re seven months into what could potentially be a homicide, a child homicide case -- we know it`s a kidnapping case -- and we are just now learning the truth about the night little Haleigh goes missing?

Back to Art Harris. Seven months, Art Harris, this brother has sat on his thumb, and it takes cops putting him in jail on a legitimate gun charge before he finally says, I went to the home that night and nobody was home?

HARRIS: Nancy, the big question that investigators want to know is why did he hang onto this information? And why also did people in the family not reveal it, as well? Presumably, he has told some other people, I`m told by investigators, and they want to know who`s been covering up.

Whom would Tommy tell and not tell?

Can someone tell me what Misty's attorney is for?

GRACE: To Marlaina Schiavo, our producer on the story. Marlaina, we have gotten in touch with Misty`s attorney and after he goes through the usual legal jargon, you know, he`s trying to defend his clients, basically it boils down to this. He didn`t go in the house, did he? So does he really know she wasn`t home? I mean did you get something else out of that statement?

MARLAINA SCHIAVO, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER, SPENT TIME WITH MISSING HALEIGH`S FAMILY: No, that`s pretty much what he said. And he also said that his client still denies that she left the home that night. And.

GRACE: Go ahead, dear.

SCHIAVO: And he also said, that you know, she may have slept through it, she may have ignored her brother, but he has to get to the bottom of it. He actually hasn`t even spoken to Misty that much about this interview. I mean, with the tidbits that he just gave us.

But because she didn`t even tell him that she was going to speak to police. Police hadn`t even contacted him. So they`re all over the place down there, Nancy.

He hasn't even talked with his client that much about a significant turn in the case that might have important consequences, he's just guessing at what her explanation might be. Misty doesn't listen to his advice much either so what's his function here?

Whom would Tommy tell and not tell?

I thought about that too. The only thing I can think of is Hank told his family and Misty later found out that Hank had been to the MH. I remember in one of the interviews Misty claims she suspected her brother because he was acting strange following Haleigh's disappearance. Maybe he started acting strange because he knew for a fact that she was not at the MH and so did Ron but yet Misty stuck with her story of being in the MH all night. I believe that Hank told his mother, therefore, the mother was convinced that Misty knew more than what she was saying. My mother use to always use the phrase "Moma knows" meaning that one could get nothing pass mom and mom knows when her child is lying.

I learned a few things....I learned that TN is still defending Misty, even though you could tell she knew she was telling untruths. I learned that TN was using very expensive makeup or had been to a surgeon for repair on her face. I learned that Ron has a weakness that his mother is going to defend to her last breath and that Misty is only a token now to be used for his defense. I'm not saying that Ron is the person who did away with Haleigh, but it is somehow connected to him. I also learned that Tommy has verified my suspicion that Misty was not at home that night. That those children were left without protection or they were taken, (blanket wrapped) somewhere where harm would or could befall them because of a young druggie's desire for "fun". I learned that Ron had confided to his attorney that he had called Tommy and asked if Misty was at his home when he could not get an answer to the phone. (You know, I never heard that before, only that Ron said she was home) I learned that upon finding she was not at Tommys that Ron did not ask Tommy to check on them and make sure everything was alright, but that he worked overtime and was late getting home.
I've got children and if I couldn't reach them and it was late in the evening, I would not hesitate to call and ask someone to check on them and tell them I was trying to reach them to make sure everything is alright. I mean that is just the normal thing to do. I can't compute Ron never asking Tommy to check on his beloved and those precious children. This is just what I learned and its my opinions.

One after my own heart. The family dynamics of the Cummings family would be very helpful. It could provide answers to things up till now haven't. As for the Croslins, their family dynamics are practically see thru. As for Ronald, although I don't know if he participated in the actual crime or the cover up afterwards, I refuse to give him any consession of being a father. The typical fathers we have hurt for in the past whose child was taken has never behaved as Ronald. By the Grace of GOD, I have never been put in that situation personally I can assure you none of my actions would be anything similiar to Ronald's.

Novice Seeker who freely shares MOO

has her brother Hank taken a polygraph that we know of?

I'll go on the record and say no, he, wife Lindsay, parents Hank sr. and Lisa all need to be given lie detectors tests for information gathering purposes only. To even see if their willing.

I don't think it is safe to assume that Tommy has taken a polygraph at all.

You got that right, because he hasn't, LE has been trying to fit their theory Misty did it and to this day haven't been able to make the shoe fit. It's been a hard slow squeeze, and the stuff oozing out of the shoe is landing on LE. They have tried to force this, but it isn't fitting and now they know it. Lets see if their men and women enough to do what's right in the name of Justice.

Here is a snippet of an article from August 28th when both Tommy & Lindsy were brought in for questioning regarding HaLeigh:

BBM

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=144116&catid=3

Wonder if Timmy is really ready to undergo the same battery of tests that Misty took? Then have the results leaked to the media? Perhaps Tim Miller can arrange it.

My red reply in your quote, no Tommy isn't willing. He's where he belongs according to him. I don't understand how people don't see the picture. I'm not focused on what people tell me to believe. I'm following the trail of evidence, opportunity, motive and after the fact behaviors.

A 17 yo mastermind criminal with barely a 7th grade education? Highly unlikely. Remember...she did not obtain counsel until after she spent well over 30 hours and at least 2 LDTs with LE, FDLE, and the FBI. Their best and brightest interviewed this girl and got nowhere with her. How is that even possible?

Where are these lies? What forensic evidence testing, reputable credible person has come forward and disputed Misty, where's the phone records, eye witnesses to the contrary of Misty's statement? Now we have the brother placing himself smack dab in the middle of the crime scene unbeknowest to anyone but him til 2 days ago? Now this is a direct lie, misleading LE and the family, a vital piece of info that should have been revealed from get jump street.

No...it is not a given at all. We do NOT know he has taken one and as of the first time he was taken in and questioned which was fairly recent...he had not taken one according to Hank Sr.

It has been rumored from day 1 that Misty was not home that night. Why do people think this is new info? Ron knew she wasn't home and outright lied. People refrain from discussing that tidbit and move on to suggest he is helping LE...WTH? I am thinking that most still don't want to convict Misty because if they did, they would have to implicate RC some how....so they defend her and look for anyone else to pin the crime on....anyone but the obvious.

That's the problem. Rumor and lies has taken over this case and has become more important than believing in the facts as their learned throughout the investigation. LE has messed this case up, and hopefully they are now on track and will allow the evidence to guide and lead them, not an immediate call to judgement as was done in this case pinning it on Misty.

LE has had 8 months to try to make this fit and put it on Misty, the shoe just isn't going on her foot. And now they know it. I've noticed for a while now they have quit giving interviews, quit claiming she's hiding thngs and lying. Maybe this explains Major Hardy's comments in the released presser from his office they won't be giving out any information.

Let the truth come out. What are the lies Misty told? Waiting.

I don't think it is safe to assume that Tommy has taken a polygraph at all.

Here is a snippet of an article from August 28th when both Tommy & Lindsy were brought in for questioning regarding HaLeigh:

BBM

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=144116&catid=3

Wonder if Timmy is really ready to undergo the same battery of tests that Misty took? Then have the results leaked to the media? Perhaps Tim Miller can arrange it.

That was back then, this is now. Hank Sr. said that in August. Of course he was given a poly for this crucial information.

I agree with all of you. Every single one of the Croslins is involved in someway either by secret information which has been kept from LE, involved in the crime afterwards, and may have been there when the crime was committed. In my honest opinion. Although I'm no expert in the field of Law, MO is that LE had a role and contributed to the mess this crime is in now. And, I hope someone higher up will take notice and bring in a team from outside. The new team who wouldn't have any connections to the local way's. But, that's just MHO

Novice Seeker

We have no idea if he has agreed to a poly and taken one since his father said that imo

Does it matter what we think? This is what LE said based on their evidence from the PCSO press release of the 6 month update:

Investigators believe that Misty Croslin-Cummings continues to hold important answers in the case. She has failed to provide any sort of detailed accounting of the hours during the late evening and early morning of Haleigh’s disappearance. Furthermore, physical evidence at the scene contradicts Misty’s sketchy account of her evening activities.

http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5022713.php

I thought about that too. The only thing I can think of is Hank told his family and Misty later found out that Hank had been to the MH. I remember in one of the interviews Misty claims she suspected her brother because he was acting strange following Haleigh's disappearance. Maybe he started acting strange because he knew for a fact that she was not at the MH and so did Ron but yet Misty stuck with her story of being in the MH all night. I believe that Hank told his mother, therefore, the mother was convinced that Misty knew more than what she was saying. My mother use to always use the phrase "Moma knows" meaning that one could get nothing pass mom and mom knows when her child is lying.

I think this is exactly what happened-

I was replying to Kool on her question, What are the lies Misty told? Waiting.

Does it matter what we think? This is what LE said based on their evidence from the PCSO press release of the 6 month update:

Investigators believe that Misty Croslin-Cummings continues to hold important answers in the case. She has failed to provide any sort of detailed accounting of the hours during the late evening and early morning of Haleigh’s disappearance. Furthermore, physical evidence at the scene contradicts Misty’s sketchy account of her evening activities.

http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5022713.php

No, you are telling me what LE says, not what Misty has said which would be associated and linked directly to her and her story. What LE believes is a generalized blank statement in the part you bolded. It is not detailing one iota, one direct sentence or one lie that she has made.

These statements have been used, repeated over and over in this case til it's clouded the minds ability to see the picture. What are the contradictions, why is her account sketchy? She has given an accounting of what happened that night, is her sketchiness due to the fact she was asleep and doesn't know anything further for the night til she woke up? I think the answer to that is yes, LE is basing their belief because of this which hurts Misty's credibility and now has proven not to be so to date.

LE has made bad calls in this case, made statements they can't corroborate and basically have lied to the public and family. The inconsistencies I'm seeing are from LE, not Misty. LE has tried to make that glove fit. If it don't fit, you must acquit.

I don't know what you are talking about because I didn't learn anything new tonight except that Tommy placed himself at the crime scene which is pretty darned incriminating in my opinion!

That is EXACLTY what popped into my head when I heard this news. TC now placed at crime scene, then "acting strange" after the abduction according to MC, then moves 1/4 the way across the country. I don't think his bond is set so high because they want info from him, I think it's set high because he's a person of interst...or more.

True.

However, do I need to point out all the ways Misty's parental units haven't stepped up to the plate - beyond this case?

Tommy seems to have alot at risk right now and his statements do not mean for sure Misty was not there. Has anyone considered the gun that was stolen from Ron was a crime commited by Tommy and not cousin Joe? The fact police where not called is confusing per Misty's statements that she believes Joe is a criminal but Tommy shows himself to have a need for a gun and would have the families sympathy because of his children he would be leaving without a dad for a bit doing time for theft of a gun. Tommy obviously has a motive to discredit his sister IMO and his actions in regards to "giving her the RO". Step back and take another look is all I ask and some of you might be less confused about the situation. By the way at this point I have to say Jr. is a witness to going to bed and waking up or leaving and Haleigh being harmed or left behind.

A 17 yo mastermind criminal with barely a 7th grade education? Highly unlikely. Remember...she did not obtain counsel until after she spent well over 30 hours and at least 2 LDTs with LE, FDLE, and the FBI. Their best and brightest interviewed this girl and got nowhere with her. How is that even possible?

I think fear would make this possible.

Fear of physical abuse or even death by the hands of a male figure. A male figure with the cunning to mastermind a plan that she would stick to. Like glue.

Perhaps with the promise of marriage.

JMO.

No, you are telling me what LE says, not what Misty has said which would be associated and linked directly to her and her story. What LE believes is a generalized blank statement in the part you bolded. It is not detailing one iota, one direct sentence or one lie that she has made.

These statements have been used, repeated over and over in this case til it's clouded the minds ability to see the picture. What are the contradictions, why is her account sketchy? She has given an accounting of what happened that night, is her sketchiness due to the fact she was asleep and doesn't know anything further for the night til she woke up? I think the answer to that is yes, LE is basing their belief because of this which hurts Misty's credibility and now has proven not to be so to date.

LE has made bad calls in this case, made statements they can't corroborate and basically have lied to the public and family. The inconsistencies I'm seeing are from LE, not Misty. LE has tried to make that glove fit. If it don't fit, you must acquit.

Honestly, have you followed this case from the beginning? She has contradicted herself and been inconsistent in every interview that I've seen. IMO she is disbelieved because she cannot keep her story straight. I don't understand how LE can be blamed for any of that. People who have been asleep and don't know anything should be perfectly able to give a consistent account of their evening that stays the same, and there shouldn't be physical evidence that contradicts their story.

Actually, GGMS also placed herself at the "crime scene". Looks like she and Misty were the last ones to see Haleigh, alive. Besides Jr., of course. If he was there....

Actually, GGMS also placed herself at the "crime scene". Looks like she and Misty were the last ones to see Haleigh, alive. Besides Jr., of course. If he was there....

And Annette was there with someone else, doesn't she imply "We" were there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname