2010.03.21 Attorney Richard Hornsby discussing this case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you all think MB is being truthful?

Great question! Based on her past behavior, I would doubt that she is being 100% truthful. But the questions are certainly worth a follow-up question to Geraldo, and anyone else who may be able to verify her claims.

I wonder if Geraldo ever ended up giving any of that money or any other money to Baez?

I guess not because even if the money was for investigators but went through Baez he would have brought it up in last weeks hearing as money he received, right?

Right, because we know he was absolutely truthful with where all the money went < insert sarcasm >

Besides, we didn't even hear where the money went, so for all we know, this may have been disclosed when JB did this in secret to JS. Remember, "the past is the past and it's none of the publics business where the money went"

Interesting. I knew Geraldo had to be involved somehow. I would believe MBart's statement on the $60,000. JB and Geraldo weren't just cruising on Geraldo's boat, they were talking business. Now, I want to hear how LP fits into all of this. I call it the Latino Connection JB, GR and LP. Was KC bailed out of jail by LP so that she could take physical possession of the videos, photos that were sold?

Right, because we know he was absolutely truthful with where all the money went < insert sarcasm >

Besides, we didn't even hear where the money went, so for all we know, this may have been disclosed when JB did this in secret to JS. Remember, "the past is the past and it's none of the publics business where the money went"

Can anyone say "Fraud Trial?"

Interesting. I knew Geraldo had to be involved somehow. I would believe MBart's statement on the $60,000. JB and Geraldo weren't just cruising on Geraldo's boat, they were talking business. Now, I want to hear how LP fits into all of this. I call it the Latino Connection JB, GR and LP. Was KC bailed out of jail by LP so that she could take physical possession of the videos, photos that were sold?

B-I-N-G-O!!!!! That would be what I would think. If not.....very, very much a coinkydink.

Interesting, "taking physical possession" of the sold items...would that be needed for Baez to broker the deal? (Without legally getting into trouble)

I think Bart said Jose was supposed to pay D. Casey with $60,000 he was supposed to get from Geraldo.

Blaise

Very interesting considering FOX just blasted ABC for "checkbook journalism."

OOOOOh - all very CLEVER thoughts! :waitasec:

Y'mean LP has been doing Casey-speak and THIS is the daisy chain?

Did I hear MB say that Geraldo told Baez that he would pay $60,000 towards a private investigator (DC, specifically)? Is this old news?

This would explain JB's little trip to NY where he told Casey he was doing some business. JB and his wife were on Geraldo's yacht yukking it up, there's a video on FOX news.
This was also when C&G went to visit Casey and she defied JB's orders by allowing them the visit.
Michelle Bart, very questionable tho, she was anything but truthful while she was spokeswoman for the A's.

Now that I think about it...........I always thought it was strange and highly unethical how Geraldo covered this case on his weekend show for a period of many weeks and always sided with the defense.

Now that I think about it...........I always thought it was strange and highly unethical how Geraldo covered this case on his weekend show for a period of many weeks and always sided with the defense.

And also had Michael Baden, husband of Linda Kenney-Baden, on the show making some pro-defense iffy statements at around the same time. Geraldo will go down in history for being the only media commentator speaking out for the defense in this case.

Sounds like GR (Fox?) was playing both sides, getting close in with JB AND using LP as a literal insider to get in with the A's while also facilitating the bail/bond for KC to add her into the mix and public media circus.

Seems like rather than "report" on the developing story the media are more and more involved in "developing the story" to report on.

Crossing the line. This is just like scripted Reality TV only the actors did not agree to participate in the show -- it is not supposed to be a show with media interference -- although admittedly some did broker and sign licensing contracts.

According to World According, "you just cannot make this stuff up" ..... or can you? Did they?

Would Caylee have received Justice by now absent media involvement? Yup!

He did appear to truly angry, as if he had a personal stake in the game.
Geraldo is a lawyer, irrc , so he should know that the sunshine laws are why the jailhouse tapes are released, and still he presents it like someone leaked them in a shady way. (Of course it doesn't help the viewers understand the truth for Brad to go right along with him.)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o4YsgbNSSs[/ame]

Yes, Geraldo is apparently on the Anthony's, Brad's and Jose's speed dial. They come on his show and give the most self serving PR spin I have ever heard.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDxDvZLTHbA[/ame]
You just can't make this stuff up!!

Sounds like GR (Fox?) was playing both sides, getting close in with JB AND using LP as a literal insider to get in with the A's while also facilitating the bail/bond for KC to add her into the mix and public media circus.

Seems like rather than "report" on the developing story the media are more and more involved in "developing the story" to report on.

Crossing the line. This is just like scripted Reality TV only the actors did not agree to participate in the show -- it is not supposed to be a show with media interference -- although admittedly some did broker and sign licensing contracts.

According to World According, "you just cannot make this stuff up" ..... or can you? Did they?

Would Caylee have received Justice by now absent media involvement? Yup!

And more and more the truth starts to come out. See JB did say we would understand in the end. What he did not say is that we would not be happy about it. JMO

And also had Michael Baden, husband of Linda Kenney-Baden, on the show making some pro-defense iffy statements at around the same time. Geraldo will go down in history for being the only media commentator speaking out for the defense in this case.

Yeah, but before his wife signed on to the case, Baden was all over Fox saying how everything points to guilty with Casey. He changed his opinion the day his wife signed on and then suddenly got pro-defense. It made my head spin.

Hmmm.....or could this $60,000 be where the $50,000 supposively exchanged hands with TP for bondsman services?

I always questioned whether LP actually paid $50,000 out of HIS pocket, especially since we later learned that during that time period in 2008, he was indebted to the IRS for over $2 million, the IRS had already seized all his property so, where would he get $50,000 to pay the bondsman (and if he had $50,000 thought the IRS would have already taken thbat already?)

Unless....of course....he got it from Geraldo, courtesy of Mr Baez? :waitasec:

bbm: Early in the case, while KC was out on bond, LP's nephew was the personal security we saw filmed with KC - is that who you are referring to when you say "TP"? If so, ...didn't LP repeatedly refer to the nephew as the person who actually put up the money for the bond? When LP was asked certain questions by the media he would defer to his nephew when it pertained to the bond...IIRC....

I think Bart said Jose was supposed to pay D. Casey with $60,000 he was supposed to get from Geraldo.

Blaise

But I thought DC was supposed to get 90,000 dollars from someone? Baez or the A's?

Of course, if he was promised 60,000 from Baez and it went into LP's pockets instead, I can definitely see how that would make DC very angry. LP is all show and bluster, and DC is the professional who did many dirty deeds, ironically done dirt cheap because he never got paid for 'em. Yep, I'd be po'd too if that happened to me.

bbm: Early in the case, while KC was out on bond, LP's nephew was the personal security we saw filmed with KC - is that who you are referring to when you say "TP"? If so, ...didn't LP repeatedly refer to the nephew as the person who actually put up the money for the bond? When LP was asked certain questions by the media he would defer to his nephew when it pertained to the bond...IIRC....

Rob Dick acted as personal security for KC. Tony Padilla is LP's nephew and he put up the bond money.

Yeah, but before his wife signed on to the case, Baden was all over Fox saying how everything points to guilty with Casey. He changed his opinion the day his wife signed on and then suddenly got pro-defense. It made my head spin.

Completely agree. Everyone has a right to their 'expert' opinion but when people change sides based on revenue or loyalty and, even worse, seed mis-information as a purported independent and objective expert then that's disgusting.

Like Kobi, they both showed their true colors before their involvement in KC's Defense and so everything since has been propaganda to serve their interests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin