2010.03.21 Attorney Richard Hornsby discussing this case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm.....or could this $60,000 be where the $50,000 supposively exchanged hands with TP for bondsman services?

I always questioned whether LP actually paid $50,000 out of HIS pocket, especially since we later learned that during that time period in 2008, he was indebted to the IRS for over $2 million, the IRS had already seized all his property so, where would he get $50,000 to pay the bondsman (and if he had $50,000 thought the IRS would have already taken that already?)

Unless....of course....he got it from Geraldo, courtesy of Mr Baez? :waitasec:
bbm
I think LP's IRS problems were before Caylee became news.
His property was seized and auctioned in Oct. 2007
http://www.ustreas.gov/auctions/irs/saca_real_2326.htm
Then, after he did his time in a Fed Prison he had a tv series on Discovery called the "Bounty Hunter". He must have made some money from that besides his normal job of bounty hunting.

Very interesting considering FOX just blasted ABC for "checkbook journalism."

Geraldo DOES have money of his own, maybe he thought JB was worth the investment...or maybe he realized JB was too dull headed to realize he was being played by someone who goes to nearly any means to sensationalize a story.....regardless of his employer at the time.

His IRS problems actually began much earlier, 1988, (see Pacer for all court records) but the last property owned by him, his ranch, was auctioned off by the IRS on June 10, 2008 in attempt to partially satisfy a $2 million judgment against him for unpaid taxes, penalties and interest.

On August 21, 2008 ORDER CONFIRMING SALE GRANTED is recorded in court records, about a month after he got involved in this case, ironically.

His "tv series" was actually just a mini series for Discovery Channel that he had hoped would be picked up as a series, but only 5 or 6 half hour episodes were made before Discovery Channel announced they had no future deals pending with him.

Thanks, I knew he was in tax trouble for a long time, my only point was that it is still possible he had some money laying around, if he was a tax evader then he probably knew how to hide some of his funds.

I wonder if Geraldo ever ended up giving any of that money or any other money to Baez?

I guess not because even if the money was for investigators but went through Baez he would have brought it up in last weeks hearing as money he received, right?

Well since Jose doesn't seem to believe in writing things down, perhaps he 'forgot' about a few 'donations.' MOO.

We don't think GR did this out of the goodness in his heart, do we? So would than be another deal for exclusives.......like the November DC tapes??? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member