2010.04.16 Misty's Silence...

She's covering her own backside. Possibly someone else's too. But mostly hers.

The fear of retaliation thing does not make sense. If Joe was busy transporting an abducted child he was not going to be there to kill Misty if she calls 911. After she did, the place was swarming with officers, she could always have stayed close to them or asked the protection of friends and relatives until they had found Joe and arrested him. And just a few hours later he was on his way to Tennessee. So what does Misty do? She travels to Tennessee to give him a chance to off her.

I have to be honest, I have prayed that this poor little girl was ok for all of these months, but I try not to listen to RC or MC too much. It scares the heck out of me that in today's world there are still people that uneducated and lacking in morals. I don't like the term white trash at all, but I would think with our education system, television, newspapers and other influences, people would be more eager to learn and adjust. I sound snobby and I don't mean to, but this whole family scares me from Ron's temper and foul mouth down to all of the lies and drugs and just overall "backwardness." I can only hope this is a very SMALL pocket of our population. I also hope that justice is served.

Ron is scarey. Misty being allowed to quit school at age 12 in this day and age is scarey.
It makes you wonder: did anyone ever care about this girl and foresee a future for her? I know as a Mother I sure want better for mine. It is sad.
I'd have a fit if i had a 17 yr old daughter hook up withsomeone like Ron and take on kids, etc. I think her life couldve been so different with different kind of upbringing.
At 17 she should've been in school and just DATING:(

Thank you for your comments, Ms. Peel. Alas! It has many years since I've engaged in serious literary discussions or taught, so I was thinking solely of the child, Cosette, who was left orphaned and alone in the world. Every picture or video image that I see of Misty reminds me of that helpless little waif. Some might not understand, but I can't help feeling compassion for Misty despite her poor choices. jmo

Welcome BetteDavisEyes and please keep posting.

IMO, both Ron and Misty are hard-core characters due to their environment. There's always one in a relationship that has more control, and usually more resources. I think that would be Ron.

However, I don't want to romantize Misty into some poor helpless waif. She's a girl who has learned to survive, and make no mistake about it, she's tough. I don't think she actively did anything to hurt Haleigh, but her involvement is so woven into the events, so intricately, that there's no way to unravel the mess of lies. The cover-up benefits them all because now there's probably 3-6 people that had a hand in covering up Haleigh's death.

I know, I'm not saying anything new. It takes a village to figure the many stories and lies out.

Ron, being the active father of Haleigh, should have made that first 911 call. He stuck this teenage girl on the phone to report it. He hid behind all the women in his life. He hid behind his at werk story. Maybe he didn't want to have his lies recorded on the 911 call. I just don't trust him. Ron must be in control of the cover-up, IMO.

Whatever is the deal with Misty, I have not seen any real remorse. In fact most of the time she seems to be having fun and is addicted to drama among other things. Once she committed the kidnapping story to paper, clumsily though it is written, she was confessing to being an accessory to kidnapping.

I'm glad she is confessing now, and that she understands she's in big trouble.

"I still love him, mama". I think that pretty much sums it up, for me anyway

I agree with lonetraveler. Ron IS her first love. Their social and economic status is somewhat different from many of ours but put yourself in her place. She had a man who worked, provided shelter, food, cigarettes and drugs. I don't think her parents did that well by her. She seemed to be in a social status higher than her parents – she probably didn't enjoy the child care but enjoyed the perks and status it brought. I fear she will never tell the truth about Ron.

Every time I start to go soft on Misty, I remember her post on the myspace page to the mother of Ron's 3rd baby... something to the effect of, "I took your man, next I'm going to take your baby."

That showed a serious vicious streak, IMO. She has said other ugly things since the tragedy, but that one was before, so it was... the bare Misty.

wow, I posted before I read this. She is one mean hard little cookie!!
At 17, she knows better to threaten others I would think. or is she 18 now?
I saw her on some talk show and she seemed rather calm and innocent. Ive kind of realized how a good show people can put on after reading that.

Ron is scarey. Misty being allowed to quit school at age 12 in this day and age is scarey.
It makes you wonder: did anyone ever care about this girl and foresee a future for her? I know as a Mother I sure want better for mine. It is sad.
I'd have a fit if i had a 17 yr old daughter hook up withsomeone like Ron and take on kids, etc. I think her life couldve been so different with different kind of upbringing.
At 17 she should've been in school and just DATING:(

I agree with you...given the background on Misty's parents they were probably thankful to have someone else providing for her! I just finished watching the jail tapes and to be honest my heart bled when she said that she was going to 'learn how to read'!

(This does not excuse her lies or whatever role she may have played in all of this, but I am sensitive to the fact that she has had a pitiful life thus far!)

OMG... I guess I am WAY behind...there's a 3rd baby ????

Kappy, yes there is another child. His name is Jordon, and he has some sort of retardation problem. Ronald had Jordon with Amber, after his affair with Crystal. He doesn't support Jordon, and isn't really sure if he is the father. Amber did not want RC to take a parternaty test. He did take Jordon for a day but decided it was too much for him and gave him back to Amber. Misty used to babysit Jordon for Amber. After RC and Misty got together Misty told Amber "I've got your man and next I'm going to get your child."

Confused yet?

Crazy case, don't ya think!

These are ALL scary people. We're talking about a class of people that most of us never hang out with. Come on ... a machine gun in the house! No wonder he was all about controlling the women in his life, and calling 90 times a night.

I don't believe MC will learn to read ever. Too lazy!!

It has all been put on Misty though. Don't any of you think that someone else could have supplied some truth to help figure out the rest of it? I'm thinking about the GMA's, and of course, the father of the missing girl...but all LE got were the lies to cover-up whatever happened. Just wondering, is Misty really the only one that knows the truth? No, I say.

It has all been put on Misty though. Don't any of you think that someone else could have supplied some truth to help figure out the rest of it? I'm thinking about the GMA's, and of course, the father of the missing girl...but all LE got were the lies to cover-up whatever happened. Just wondering, is Misty really the only one that knows the truth? No, I say.

Apparently Hank Croslin Jr. knows it, too (the truth).

http://www.news4jax.com/news/23174697/detail.html

What just happened here? I posted and got a screen saying that my post would have to be approved by a moderator.........................must have done something wrong!

This thread is not about the search. It is about why Misty is silent. There is a search thread.

This thread is not about the search. It is about why Misty is silent. There is a search thread.

I'm sorry! I was reading here and heard something on tv. I did not mean to do anything wrong.

I'm sorry! I was reading here and heard something on tv. I did not mean to do anything wrong.

I understand. I bumped the search thead for you. These threads are getting so far off-topic that information is all over the place. Thanks.

Guess I'm guilty too, since I made a comment about Hank Croslin Jr. spilling the beans, which could, or could not, depending on how you tilt your head have anything to do with her silence.

Thank you for this thread. Actually, I think there are several reasons. If Misty didn't commit the actual crime, I think that she has been able to remove herself from all guilt. Also, I think Misty needs someone she 'trusts' to tell her what to do. She would never make the decision to talk to LE alone, so she doesn't wrestle with what's right or wrong. Also, it's easy for some people, (ESPECIALLY teenagers) to justify silence because 'talking won't bring her back' .

(BBM)
Welcome BetteDavisEyes and please keep posting.

IMO, both Ron and Misty are hard-core characters due to their environment. There's always one in a relationship that has more control, and usually more resources. I think that would be Ron.

However, I don't want to romantize Misty into some poor helpless waif. She's a girl who has learned to survive, and make no mistake about it, she's tough. I don't think she actively did anything to hurt Haleigh, but her involvement is so woven into the events, so intricately, that there's no way to unravel the mess of lies. The cover-up benefits them all because now there's probably 3-6 people that had a hand in covering up Haleigh's death.

I know, I'm not saying anything new. It takes a village to figure the many stories and lies out.

Ron, being the active father of Haleigh, should have made that first 911 call. He stuck this teenage girl on the phone to report it. He hid behind all the women in his life. He hid behind his at werk story. Maybe he didn't want to have his lies recorded on the 911 call. I just don't trust him. Ron must be in control of the cover-up, IMO.

I agree (portion bolded in post). Call me cold but, as a childhood survivor of abuse (physical, sexual, verbal...), my compassion for an alleged fellow victim/survivor ends when they choose to target and/or select a victim who is among the most innocent, helpless and defenseless within our society - a child. In my own opinion, they (the alleged abuse victim/survivor) have crossed over - they have stepped into a/the perpertrator role and I cannot extend even a mere morsel of sympathy for them at that point. While I can appreciate the literary comparisons, I lack, or lose, my ability to visualize seeing Misty as a helpless waif as she stands, handcuffed, on that whorf. The only vision (and victim) I am now able to see is little HaLeigh struggling, quite possibly on that very whorf, for her precious life. This is simply my opinion out of many...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bdaruvdhj
Back