2010.04.17 Did Misty Kill Haleigh with a Piece of Wood or Something?

meh

if we don't 'believe' something, we usually don't repeat it, unless disparagingly and certainly not on tv

I'm thinking about what I would do if asked to repeat the 'unbelievable' story about family and I'm pretty sure I would shake my head in disgust and refuse to participate in the rumour-mongering

so what gives - I'm trying to wrap my head around why someone would do what she's done

I do think it is possible that Misty has so much penned up rage that in a drug induced lack of sleep stupor, she could have snapped. I can also see Tommy and Joe covering for her, based on the fact that they are all LE shy.

I just can't see if this is the case why Misty has been trying to throw Tommy and Joe under the bus for so long. If they helped her cover, why would she blow theirs?!?

BBM
Well for starters, none of these people (imo) are the brightest bulbs in the box so maybe she thought that by ratting them out it would take the blame off of her. Really, who knows what any of these people think :waitasec:

Exactly. It's RC she's protecting.

I think RC is the only one that Misty would protect. Remember how that acted together on the Today Show.....how Misty would look to Ron for answers to questions.

Also, I think Ron would go crazy at the thought of someone sexually molesting his daughter.

so what gives - I'm trying to wrap my head around why someone would do what she's done

Respectfully snipped...

My only thoughts are the 35K if she can be considered for that. In a weird sort of way, I actually admired her for being willing to come forward. I doubt she has a whole lot of money in her older age. She doesn't even have teeth for goodness sake. I do believe she loves her family and it's unfortunate that they are taking advantage of her. IMO

This whole story is so tragic.

I wish there was a poll so I could vote as my vote would be "no".
I'm not convinced it was a piece of wood or that MC beat her over the head with some similar object, but I do believe MC is the one responsible for Haleigh's death. So maybe I'm a quasi "no"???!!! :waitasec: MOO

After some serious thought, what is she protecting RC from? I highly doubt that Tommy, Joe, and Misty would all be willing to go to prison for Ron. That makes Zero sense. If Ron were guilty, the three of them would have thrown him under the bus a week after Haleigh went missing.

I'm just trying to think in a logical pattern. I certainly appreciate your thoughts.

Not if they did not know what happened to Haleigh. Misty might have called them to come help long after the fact, and refused to tell them, and maybe they didn't even want to know.

If they came clean, they'd have no evidence against Ron - just their word against Misty's. I can see them covering for her, and her trusting the family to make sure they did.

Without me trying to find the video of the inside of Ron's MH, does anyone remember if the couch is leather or cloth? I'm so hoping that LE swabbed the couch for evidence (dna from sex, or rape or pee or vomit or anything).

The couch was a white or off-white cloth. I hope they swabbed it too.

Flora claims that one of them down in Florida told her that Misty knocked Haleigh in the head. I'd say that whoever originated the head knock story is the guilty one.

well, there is usually some truth to every lie. So, if Misty didn't hit Haleigh, who did? Who would want that information out there, in case some evidence was found? I would give a week's pay to know who told Granny.

After some serious thought, what is she protecting RC from? I highly doubt that Tommy, Joe, and Misty would all be willing to go to prison for Ron. That makes Zero sense. If Ron were guilty, the three of them would have thrown him under the bus a week after Haleigh went missing.

I'm just trying to think in a logical pattern. I certainly appreciate your thoughts.

IMO, Misty is protecting herself from Ron. One of my theories is HaLeigh died accidently when Misty hit her and Misty didn't have the courage to tell Ronald. Ronald had recently physically abused Misty and he has a violent temper, so I have no doubt she feared he would grab her and choke her to death if she told him "HaLeigh is dead and I killed her". I doubt he would give her time to explain what happened. Ron did threaten to shoot and kill the person who stole his daughter, so I think Misty's fears were justified. I suspect Misty and HaLeigh argued, Misty hit HaLeigh and she banged her head on something that killed her. When she realized HaLeigh wasn’t breathing, Misty laid HaLeigh on the couch and performed CPR, hence the bouncing couch. When she couldn’t resuscitate her, she called her brother(s) and they came and helped. He (they) carried HaLeigh’s body out of the trailer, propped open the back door, and told her what to tell Ronald when he came home from work to protect her from Ron. I believe Junior told us what happened = Misty killed HaLeigh and tried to revive her on the couch. When she couldn’t be saved, a man dressed in black came and carried her body out. Because the van was parked at Timmy's house and Misty called him in the evening, I think Timmy is the man dressed in black.

I have a feeling one of the reason Grandma went on tv is that Msity told her they said they were going to charge her with 1st degree murder. I think this was a mission to save Misty.

If Haleigh were hurt badly from being sexually brutalized and Misty couldn't shut her up or console her, and remember Misty was high on drugs along with Joe and Tommy and whoever was there. I can see her swinging something and striking her, I don't really think she would have been killed from one strike so she was beaten or just knocked senseless while the others tied her up and tied the rope to the brick.

Now I urge each of you to return to the astrology thread and start reading, although you have to get pretty far along on the first thread to start picking up on what happened according to our astros. I mention this because of the comment Tommy made about someone sexually using Haliegh, I think this did happen. As to which one did this, I am leaning toward either Joe or Timmy, I can't zero in on one yet. It would appear Joe, but I have not tracked down Timmy's involvement yet. JMO
To extend this thought, maybe we should consider the reasons why someone would have killed this innocent little girl, such as a) they were enraged at her, b) she saw something she shouldn't have and was quieted, c) it was an accident or d) she was molested.

................. | Mis | Tom | Joe
----------------------------------------------
Enraged at her... | P | P | P
She saw something | U | U | L
Accident......... | P | U | U
Molestation...... | U | P | L

Where P = Possible, U = Unlikely, & L = Likely

- If they were all doing drugs, any of them could have gotten unusually enraged if Haleigh said or did something they didn't like, but if all were together, I think two would have stopped the other from hurting her.

- Even if Haleigh saw something and threatened to tell her Dad, since Misty & Tommy knew & cared about her, I think they would have given an explanation or a bribe and not killed her. Joe, however, didn't know & love this child.

- It's conceiveable that an accident occurred, but if it were Tommy or Joe, I think they would have called 911, even if they had been doing drugs. Misty, however, would never have wanted Ron to know and may have tried to fix it and waited too long.

- Molestation could have occurred, and the most likely candidate would probably have been Joe. If so, he would have been the one to have killed her, as a coverup.

Since both Tommy & Misty went to the dock & pointed to the area where, apparently, Haleigh's body was tossed, this indicates that they were present. If Joe took Haleigh & left in the van & molested & killed Haleigh, I doubt he would have driven back to the MH & enlisted Misty & Tommy's aid in disposing of her. This takes us back to the death most likely occuring in the MH and then all three went in the van together to get rid of her body. For these reasons, I think an accident at the MH is the most likely cause, which takes us back to Misty, so maybe Grandma Hollars was right. It's also possible that the three did drugs & both Misty & Tommy dozed off, Joe took Haleigh outside to the van, molested & killed her, and then the other two awoke and they all got rid of her body.

It's hard for me to see how Jr could have slept through all this however!

well, there is usually some truth to every lie. So, if Misty didn't hit Haleigh, who did? Who would want that information out there, in case some evidence was found? I would give a week's pay to know who told Granny.

My gut feeling is Lyndsy. I really think she is trying to save Tommy.

Chelsea borrowed the van from Tommy and Lyndsy the night Haleigh went missing and I think Tommy had the van when he went to the trailer because I think Lyndsy had the other vehicle at work.

I think that is why Lyndsy called Chelsea crying telling her to please tell her she put the scratch on the van. I think Lyndsy at that time believed if it wasn't Chelsea who did it then it was Tommy. I think Lyndsy really suspects Tommy.

Chelsea borrowed the van from Tommy and Lyndsy the night Haleigh went missing and I think Tommy had the van when he went to the trailer because I think Lyndsy had the other vehicle at work.

I think that is why Lyndsy called Chelsea crying telling her to please tell her she put the scratch on the van. I think Lyndsy at that time believed if it wasn't Chelsea who did it then it was Tommy. I think Lyndsy really suspects Tommy.

I think so too - that Lindsy thinks it was Tommy.

I wonder if anyone even asked Joe if he took the van that night? Or Tommy?

I have a feeling one of the reason Grandma went on tv is that Msity told her they said they were going to charge her with 1st degree murder. I think this was a mission to save Misty.

Here's an irony.....If Misty killed HaLeigh accidently and she was afraid of Ronald’s reaction, then it was actually Misty who married Ronald to keep her enemy close and not vice versa.

Chelsea did not convince me Joe was the person who took the van because she did not actually see him take the keys or in the vehicle. Chelsea and Timmy only had Lindsy’s van for a few days. Chelsea said the van wasn’t parked the way she normally parked it. Obviously Timmy will park a vehicle differently than Chelsea so she didn’t convince me Joe was the one who took it.

What charge would Misty face if LE find her responsible for HaLeigh’s death? I know she would have to enter a plea of guilty or not guilty, but a charge can be reduced from first degree murder to manslaughter if she didn’t intend to kill HaLeigh and her lawyer can prove her death was accidental right?

If Haleigh were hurt badly from being sexually brutalized and Misty couldn't shut her up or console her, and remember Misty was high on drugs along with Joe and Tommy and whoever was there. I can see her swinging something and striking her, I don't really think she would have been killed from one strike so she was beaten or just knocked senseless while the others tied her up and tied the rope to the brick.

Now I urge each of you to return to the astrology thread and start reading, although you have to get pretty far along on the first thread to start picking up on what happened according to our astros. I mention this because of the comment Tommy made about someone sexually using Haliegh, I think this did happen. As to which one did this, I am leaning toward either Joe or Timmy, I can't zero in on one yet. It would appear Joe, but I have not tracked down Timmy's involvement yet. JMO

When did Tommy make this statement and to whom? TIA

P

Chelsea said she used Lindsy’s van to drive Lisa to Gainesville Monday evening and she parked the van at her house for the night. It's possible Chelsea was back by 10 pm but we don't know for certain. When she got up in the morning and went to the van, she noticed it wasn’t parked the way she thinks she parked it and she’s not sure if someone took it because she didn’t see anything. Timmy and Joe were both in the house that night. Perhaps Tommy had a key to the van and after Chelsea returned home, he went over there and took it without Chelsea's knowledge and later returned it. Chelsea said she was up late so this would explain why she didn't see anyone in the house take the van keys. I wish JC on NG would have asked Chelsea about the phone calls Misty made to Timmy's Monday evening. The problem I have with Tommy taking the van from Timmy's is, how would he get there? He didn't live within walking distance AFAIK. Maybe there are cabs there. Because Misty called Timmy's, I think Timmy, Joe or Chelsea took the van over to Ronald's.

Here's an irony.....If Misty killed HaLeigh accidently and she was afraid of Ronald’s reaction, then it was actually Misty who married Ronald to keep her enemy close and not vice versa.

Chelsea did not convince me Joe was the person who took the van because she did not actually see him take the keys or in the vehicle. Chelsea and Timmy only had Lindsy’s van for a few days. Chelsea said the van wasn’t parked the way she normally parked it. Obviously Timmy will park a vehicle differently than Chelsea so she didn’t convince me Joe was the one who took it.

What charge would Misty face if LE find her responsible for HaLeigh’s death? I know she would have to enter a plea of guilty or not guilty, but a charge can be reduced from first degree murder to manslaughter if she didn’t intend to kill HaLeigh and her lawyer can prove her death was accidental right?

bolded by me respectfully

If they connect her to the death of Haleigh and have enough to charge her IMHO she can be charged with Murder First Degree.

IMHO her lawyer would be able to assert that it was an accident however the state would have charged her with murder and her actions such as: refusing to cooperate, refusing to get medical help for Haleigh, not calling LE to report the incident that cost Haleigh her life, hiding Haleigh's body and refusing to lead LE to Haleigh's body or to inform them of who else was involved (if anyone) would pretty much mean she would be found guilty as charged. IMHO she won't win that fight.

I like your theory that it was an accident. It fits for me. But that's just my very humble opinion.

Bottom line for MC--she has got to come forward now. She can't wait another minute. She's got tell what happened now or she will definately be charged with murder if LE can get enough to charge her with. JMHO.

HOLLARS: No, just a piece of wood or something, is the way that it was put to me. But I didn`t believe that when I heard it.

GRACE: Who told you that?

HOLLARS: It come from one of them in Florida, is all I can say.

Okay, what is wrong with this picture?
[Grandma] doesn't have a problem goin on national TV and tellin all that her grandson ToC says her other grandson Joe killed a child.
She doesn't have a problem telling everyone that her grandaughter Misty told her the rope and cinderblock story. (From Misty's mouth to my ears)
BUT when she tells the story of Misty knocking Haleigh in the head with "just a piece of wood or something" -- she clams up on dropping the names and just alludes to it came "from one of them in Florida." Why no dropping of names then? This really bothers me. Why wouldn't she just say "Lindsy told me that" or "Timmy called and told me that" or whatever? Why is she staying mum on that?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back