2010.04.17 Did Misty Kill Haleigh with a Piece of Wood or Something?

If Haleigh were hurt badly from being sexually brutalized and Misty couldn't shut her up or console her, and remember Misty was high on drugs along with Joe and Tommy and whoever was there. I can see her swinging something and striking her, I don't really think she would have been killed from one strike so she was beaten or just knocked senseless while the others tied her up and tied the rope to the brick.

Now I urge each of you to return to the astrology thread and start reading, although you have to get pretty far along on the first thread to start picking up on what happened according to our astros. I mention this because of the comment Tommy made about someone sexually using Haliegh, I think this did happen. As to which one did this, I am leaning toward either Joe or Timmy, I can't zero in on one yet. It would appear Joe, but I have not tracked down Timmy's involvement yet. JMO

Bolded by me respectfully..... I explored the possibility Tommy sexually assaulted HaLeigh and have not ruled him out. The astros also said there was a contest of wills Monday evening between HaLeigh and her caregiver.

meh

if we don't 'believe' something, we usually don't repeat it, unless disparagingly and certainly not on tv

I'm thinking about what I would do if asked to repeat the 'unbelievable' story about family and I'm pretty sure I would shake my head in disgust and refuse to participate in the rumour-mongering

so what gives - I'm trying to wrap my head around why someone would do what she's done
so if it comes out later that Haleigh was hit with a board, Granny will have gone on record disputing that Misty was involved. maybe she fears a bus coming Misty's way.

Takes a whole lot of anger and hate to beat someone to death with something. I dont see Misty as that emotional. I would be willing to bet she accidentally od'd her ala Casey Anthony (allegedly, a theory) in order to go out. (I wonder if anyone took blood or urine from the R Jr that night?)

Takes a whole lot of anger and hate to beat someone to death with something. I dont see Misty as that emotional. I would be willing to bet she accidentally od'd her ala Casey Anthony (allegedly, a theory) in order to go out. (I wonder if anyone took blood or urine from the R Jr that night?)

I am not implying HaLeigh was beaten to death by Misty. I believe HaLeigh and Misty may have gotten into an argument around HaLeigh's bedtime and Misty lashed out and slapped her or pushed her, Haleigh lost her balance, went flying, and hit her head. Despite Misty's attempt to revive her on the couch, the blow to her head was fatal. It's possible her head didn't bleed.

Ron has an explosive temper and his behavior was unpredictable. An eye witness saw Misty slap a boy in the van and the children witnessed violence whenever Misty and Ron quarreled. Misty's behavior, like Ronald's is impulsive & unpredictable. I think Misty's fears of Ron and being charged with murder made her panic and cover up the crime. The couple united in explosive energy and their house was full of angry, confusing energy.

If Haleigh were hurt badly from being sexually brutalized and Misty couldn't shut her up or console her, and remember Misty was high on drugs along with Joe and Tommy and whoever was there. I can see her swinging something and striking her, I don't really think she would have been killed from one strike so she was beaten or just knocked senseless while the others tied her up and tied the rope to the brick.

Now I urge each of you to return to the astrology thread and start reading, although you have to get pretty far along on the first thread to start picking up on what happened according to our astros. I mention this because of the comment Tommy made about someone sexually using Haliegh, I think this did happen. As to which one did this, I am leaning toward either Joe or Timmy, I can't zero in on one yet. It would appear Joe, but I have not tracked down Timmy's involvement yet. JMO

I wish I could go back in time and find the link, but I do remember that GGS
had stated that she tried to Calm Haleigh and tell Haleigh to just be a good girl that night when she dropped off clothes.
Rc had said MC could spank Haleigh........several men at work heard that often.
Yes maybe someone had hurt Haleigh very badly.
Did GGS or Misty give a 'pill' to comfort Haleigh?
Misty may of hit her with something to get Haleigh to shut up and quit crying.
Jr may of been playing outside but not Haleigh when Tom was there.
I often wondered why the children slept in the same room with a father and his underage live in.
That never seemed right to me.
Did RC actually have incest with Haleigh?
Did she hemmorage? (washing blanket story, where was Haleigh's mattress from her room? sanitary napkin found in dumpster........dogs hit there, decomp on it with blood?
Why I ask, is if it were someone else, I do believe that person would be dead.
JMOO
That is why GGS would cover that up and why Haleigh could never go to the hospital!
Couldn't call Lindsey the nurse...........
TN called in and being a former dispatcher, she knew how to stage the scene.
Misty was told to call in help.........she called family......(Tim?,Tom,Joe?)
Haleigh's body of evidence Had to be destroyed forever water grave........JMOO

It was one of my first theories in this case that Misty hit her in anger and it ended badly. I still like it because it's so simple and we don't have to presume gang activity or mysterious strangers, and she might have died of just one strike, not necessarily gone through years of horrible abuse. The last person to see the child alive is often the one responsible.

It's just that if Misty did it and it's as simple as that the behavior of a bunch of other people don't make no sense to me. Why is everybody spinning lies about all things under the sun to keep LE from finding out that Misty did it?

It was one of my first theories in this case that Misty hit her in anger and it ended badly. I still like it because it's so simple and we don't have to presume gang activity or mysterious strangers, and she might have died of just one strike, not necessarily gone through years of horrible abuse. The last person to see the child alive is often the one responsible.

It's just that if Misty did it and it's as simple as that the behavior of a bunch of other people don't make no sense to me. Why is everybody spinning lies about all things under the sun to keep LE from finding out that Misty did it?

According to Gramma Flora, she wouldn't have had to die as a result of the injury. It's possible that, once faced with a very injured child, the perp felt the only thing left was to get rid of the evidence of the damage done. Flora, it's said, had three versions of what happened. Sounds like to me she had three parts of the same story.

well, there is usually some truth to every lie. So, if Misty didn't hit Haleigh, who did? Who would want that information out there, in case some evidence was found? I would give a week's pay to know who told Granny.

Dodie, I'm sure Granny would take you up on it. LOL

I wish I could go back in time and find the link, but I do remember that GGS
had stated that she tried to Calm Haleigh and tell Haleigh to just be a good girl that night when she dropped off clothes.
Rc had said MC could spank Haleigh........several men at work heard that often.
Yes maybe someone had hurt Haleigh very badly.
Did GGS or Misty give a 'pill' to comfort Haleigh?
Misty may of hit her with something to get Haleigh to shut up and quit crying.
Jr may of been playing outside but not Haleigh when Tom was there.
I often wondered why the children slept in the same room with a father and his underage live in.
That never seemed right to me.
Did RC actually have incest with Haleigh?
Did she hemmorage? (washing blanket story, where was Haleigh's mattress from her room? sanitary napkin found in dumpster........dogs hit there, decomp on it with blood?
Why I ask, is if it were someone else, I do believe that person would be dead.
JMOO
That is why GGS would cover that up and why Haleigh could never go to the hospital!
Couldn't call Lindsey the nurse...........
TN called in and being a former dispatcher, she knew how to stage the scene.
Misty was told to call in help.........she called family......(Tim?,Tom,Joe?)
Haleigh's body of evidence Had to be destroyed forever water grave........JMOO

I wasn't aware granny had to calm HaLeigh down Monday evening when she dropped by. I knew she was angry Misty was babysitting. How granny managed to live with Misty after she married Ron is beyond me. The children were eating supper on the porch when granny dropped laundry off and the children waved at her. We don’t know if granny went into the trailer or handed the laundry basket to Misty.

Ron admitted he spanked his children and he had only switched to the evening shift recently so until then, Ron would have been putting his children to bed in the evenings. Ron hadn't worked very long at PDM Bridge.

I think TN said they slept in the same room because the children were afraid of the dark. It would be much easier to believe HaLeigh was abducted if she had been in her bedroom and not in the master bedroom where the babysitter was supposedly sleeping.

LE would have sent the sanitary pad found in the dumpster to the lab.

Tommy felt Ron didn't deserve custody of his children and was a "no count" dad so Tommy may have been angry with Ron and that motivated him to take his children from him. If TN knew Ron sexually abused HaLeigh, she would have taken Junior and disowned Ron IMO. HaLeigh received medical attention shortly before she vanished and had regular visits with her mother. School personnel assist children after they've wet themselves. If HaLeigh was sexually abused in the home before she disappeared, she would have been sore and traumatized. HaLeigh confided in her mom and Marie Sheffield that Ron was hitting them but they shrugged it off. Tommy told his wife not to allow her friends to babysit and spank their children so maybe Tommy was upset with Ron for the manner in which he disciplined his children or he knows Misty spanked HaLeigh and she died and he is concerned with his children's safety.

According to Gramma Flora, she wouldn't have had to die as a result of the injury. It's possible that, once faced with a very injured child, the perp felt the only thing left was to get rid of the evidence of the damage done. Flora, it's said, had three versions of what happened. Sounds like to me she had three parts of the same story.

Hi Debs. I agree that it doesn't have to have been a fatal injury. When I read that what popped into my head is that a slap or push can put a small child off balance causing them to fall and hit their head. A sharp corner or object can cause a severe cut that would require medical attention (stitch or multiple stitches). A swat or slap while a child is standing in a bathtub can cause them to fall and hit their head on the smooth surface (way OT but I knew a man that lost custody of his child because he swatted a 4 yr old as she stood in the bath and she fell face first knocking her four front baby teeth out and lacerating her lips extensively).

I'm not saying that any of the above scenario's happened. But I agree that the possibility is there and it is possible that Gma got snips and bits and pieces of the story.

I don't think that we have to stretch our imaginations to theorize that what we see as a mild mannered young lady could act out of character in a fleeting moment of frustration or act out in a moment of being under the influence of a drug (that we can only speculate what she might have be under the influence of...there's no telling what she might have had that night or might have taken).

Is it possible that MC hurt Haleigh? Yes I think so.
Is it possible it was unintentional? Yes I think so.
Is it possible that the injury wasn't lethal itself but was of such an extent that Haleigh had to be gotten rid of? Yes I think so.

So the answer to the question this thread poses is yes, it's possible.

Despite Misty's attempt to revive her on the couch, the blow to her head was fatal.

snipped...

In my opinion, the idea of Misty knowing CPR is giving her way to much credit, no disrespect intended, but her education level would not imply that she would run out and learn CPR...just my opinion. I think the couch bouncing was related to some sort of sexual activity...jmo

There really isnt any real reason that makes sense...unless they are covering their own behinds. I dont see them going through all this to cover up for RC, which is why I dont think he is involved.

I think MC and ToC, possibly TiC are involved, with MC or ToC being the actual killer...and JO had no involvement at all. If he had involvement like helping dispose of HC body, then he would surely be telling a story of his own to save his own skin. And I havent heard this is the case which tells me he is either the killer, or totally uninvolved.

or JO did do it and MC and ToC are telling the truth (which is also hard to believe).

Then again...with these people, I suppose anything is possible. Poor Hayleigh.

Yes, I think it's possible that Misty hit Haleigh and hit her hard enough to injure or kill her--especially if Misty were either on drugs or coming off drugs at the time. It's also possible that either Tommy or Cousin Joe molested her.

I think RC is the only one that Misty would protect. Remember how that acted together on the Today Show.....how Misty would look to Ron for answers to questions.

Also, I think Ron would go crazy at the thought of someone sexually molesting his daughter.

Misty might be afraid of Ron but she's protecting someone because she had some kind of hand in it, too.

Maybe they gave her a drug to quiet her during their party, and during the party she was sexually traumatized, and they could not/would not take her to a hospital because they were all high.

Whatever happened, she couldn't tell because she was in on it, too.

While I think Misty is definitely protecting someone, I really don't think she hurt Haleigh herself- accidentally or otherwise.

I particularly don't think it happened while she was punishing Haleigh for something. This is because I believe she was more of the "wait til your daddy gets home" type of person than anything else.

Other than that, I just don't see a scenario where a 5 year old, a 16 year old and a piece of wood ( for some reason a piece of driftwood or a 2x4 is all I can get to come into my mind) are just sitting around in the same place waiting for something to happen.

Tim Miller did say that Donna told him Misty had a frighteningly vicious temper...

Do I think all this is because she hit Haleigh? I can see arguments for, but more against. I guess if TC knows she did, he could be testing the water to see if he needs to give her up to avoid a life sentence (which even then will alienate his family, who seems to put protecting Misty as the first priority).

My biggest hurdle is that I'm thoroughly convinced that Ron has been hiding something, and I don't think he would have covered for Misty for something like that.
Still, it could be he's hiding something else, for some other reason.

At this point, nothing at all would surprise me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back