2010.04.30 911 Call Statement Analysis

I'm confused now. Who is Peter? Who is Seamus? Who wrote the statement analysis article referenced here?

Seamus O Riley is Peter Hyatt's internet name. A detective is also called a shamus, pronounced the same as the first name "Seamus". Peter aka Seamus is an investigator and statement analyst.

Darn youtube videos aren't opening with a 64 bit computer. The ones that require Flash Adobe won't run for me because Adobe hasn't released the software yet for 64 bit; only 32 bits...

My goodness, what kind of a new-fangled mainframe are you sporting? :floorlaugh:

This is only part of the video. There is an uncut version that i am feverishly looking for but guess what.....all the links to it are broken. Maybe someone has the uncut version on their you tube channel? It is over 6 minutes in length and Misty goes into detail about the bricks (while looking off to the left) Here is where I watched the video but I can't get it to open.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/18700882/index.html

It only has two minutes of the interview. Darn.

"I put her to bed, about, you know, eight o'clock, because that's her bedtime. She had school." I don't know why, but, I could punch her every time she says those words. Too much information? It just sounds so made up. :banghead:

I think he's waaaay off base on Ron.

I've known and parented many teens just like Ron. He wasn't coaching her and his honest reaction of violence is a learned response, nothing more. He only understands violence, he doesn't want to answer what he feels are stupid questions with zero relevance to his current problem. For example..How is knowing her birthday going to help find her? He already said she was 5 years old....He wants the police there now, not 5 minutes from now. Patience isn't a virtue of his.

His mind leaps to someone stole her because that's the world he lives in. Theft is common. He didn't think someone killed her, just that someone had her. He needs to get her back and he feels the penalty of stealing his child, is death by his own hand. Gangs operate on the very same mentality.

I've known and parented many teens just like Ron. He wasn't coaching her and his honest reaction of violence is a learned response, nothing more. He only understands violence, he doesn't want to answer what he feels are stupid questions with zero relevance to his current problem. For example..How is knowing her birthday going to help find her? He already said she was 5 years old....He wants the police there now, not 5 minutes from now. Patience isn't a virtue of his.

His mind leaps to someone stole her because that's the world he lives in. Theft is common. He didn't think someone killed her, just that someone had her. He needs to get her back and he feels the penalty of stealing his child, is death by his own hand. Gangs operate on the very same mentality.

Thing is, Ron isn't a teen. Ron is a father who took two children from their mother and went to court to establish custody. IMO Ron did not act like a father on the 911 call - what father establishes his (I was at werk) alibi right off the bat. Any real father would be screaming to find Haleigh, his daughter - not Ron, nope, he was establishing his at werk alibi to go along with the convenience store camera. He can kick and scream and threaten all his wants and I still won't believe him.

My opinion only

My opinion only

Darn youtube videos aren't opening with a 64 bit computer. The ones that require Flash Adobe won't run for me because Adobe hasn't released the software yet for 64 bit; only 32 bits...

Whisp, try using the 32 bit version of IE on your system (it's pre-installed, along with the 64 bit version), or install Firefox. :) They'll both play the 32 bit flash fine on a 64 bit system.

I totally agree with you. Thanks for you insight and not bias opinion.

I think he's waaaay off base on Ron... His mind leaps to someone stole her because that's the world he lives in. Theft is common. He didn't think someone killed her, just that someone had her. He needs to get her back and he feels the penalty of stealing his child, is death by his own hand. Gangs operate on the very same mentality.

Respectfully edited. Thanks for your comments. I am a bit skeptical of so-called statement analysts who offer blatant opinions in criminal cases without really knowing the parties involved. In a linguistics class many moons ago, we frequently discussed variances in phraseology, word usage, vocabulary, etc. and how interpretation of the written word can be very different from one reader to the next. Likewise, folks with varying levels of education, life experience, regional influences, etc. will express themselves in a manner that is familiar to them but not necessarily to the reader.

A good example of the differences in interpretation is the ransom letter in the JonBenet Ramsay case. There were differing opinions on what the letter meant and who might have written it. Even among experts in the field of linguistic forensics, there was no cut & dried analysis of the document.

I'm sure that the author of the above statement analysis is accurate in his assessments of some parts of the 911 call, but I don't necessarily agree with everything that he says. jmo

The author did a pretty good job of analyzing this call, but I don't think he delved into Ronald's part, quite enough. Like, if all he had to do was cuss & rant, why didn't he make the call? It's not like he couldn't make the call because he was searching for Haleigh. He was the father, afterall, so why was he disassociating himself from Haleigh by giving Misty his task? & then for Misty to say 'our' daughter, implies shared blame. I think he couldn't go outside, because he was coaching Misty. The one big lie that sticks out from Misty happens when the operator asked, 'o.k.,when did you last see her?' What should've been a 1 word, (10), or 2 word, (10, o'clock), answer, took her 17 words to spit out.

:eek:fftopic:

My goodness, what kind of a new-fangled mainframe are you sporting? :floorlaugh:

LOL..New puter here. Have not downloaded anything yet because I want to back up registry w/o any changes on it. I'm challanged, obviously.

......running a little paranoid with this processor...Intel core 7. I have no idea what I am doing. Now I made myself look like a fool....nothing new for me.

I thought this was a very interesting read. Statement analysis on Misty's 911 call.

http://www./

Thank you for posting this. I love this guy!

the author also thinks that the reason Ronald had such an angry outburst @ being asked for Haleigh's birth date was because he was blaming her for being born. hmmmm. makes sense, but I always interpreted that as an aversion to her birth date because he was focused on her death date.

Interesting read on the statement analysis. I agree with dodie20 on him not quite delving far enough into Ron's statements.

With that said, and after viewing the first video of MC with her mother, I did notice that there were a few times she switched up her dialogue. It made me notice how at least a few times she referred to Haleigh as "that little girl" or "them kids".

the author also thinks that the reason Ronald had such an angry outburst @ being asked for Haleigh's birth date was because he was blaming her for being born. hmmmm. makes sense, but I always interpreted that as an aversion to her birth date because he was focused on her death date.

I don't think he knew it, honestly! I'm sure GGMS knew it and of course Crystal and Marie and that's how he would know.

The pics. of him with Haleigh dying easter eggs and stuff like that... I never thought he planned or prepared any of it. His mother and/or grandmother did all the preperations and he most likely just showed up. The women in his life have always taken care of him and done for him.

IMO and all that.

I wasn't impressed with that statement analysis at all. Too garbled and run together and seems to be going with popular opinion. This stuff doesn't seem to even take into account the person's background, upbringing, education level, culture, etc. Instead, all I saw was a few common sense things and the rest was criticism towards various people with some sort of very confusing and out of place comparisons to biblical characters.

Seamus O Riley is Peter Hyatt's internet name. A detective is also called a shamus, pronounced the same as the first name "Seamus". Peter aka Seamus is an investigator and statement analyst.
I am very interested in statement analysis, I think it's fascinating. Do you happen to have a link that shows Peter's status as an investigator, instructor to LE, etc...? I am also wondering how someone would become an expert in statement analysis. TIA.

My interpretation of rc hanging up when asked Haleigh's birthday is he didn't know the date.

Misty struggles all through the 911 with her identity. She wants to be wife and mother and is embarressed she is not. She chokes on all questions regarding her status in that house.

She got the alibi pretty solid....put child to bed at appropriate time so this child can do well in school, waking up, light on, open door and brick. She falls apart when asked about sleeping arrangements, what the child was wearing and what she was doing.

I guess it is ok though because rc would have screwed it up more than she did and that is exactly why he put her on the phone. He saved himself and put misty on the fire.

With this statement analysis, I would love to see the "WE" explained in GMA Sykes interview about her trip to Green Lane on Feb9. That person must have been glued to the seat of the car because whoever it was never moved..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back