2010.05.03 Steph Watts/Blogtalk radio -Brad Conway talks about Casey Anthony Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else listened to the interview? Can't listen to it at work; wondering what else BC said.

I can't listen either. Can anyone give a bit of an update on what else he said please?

A little OT but... I recently re-watched CA's video deposition in the civil case. I don't know how much BC is getting paid but it's not nearly enough. Phew!! I honestly don't know why he's stuck with them all this time.

Personally I can't wait until CA is cross examined and tries to tell the Prosecuting att. that it isn't relevant...:croc:

The prosecutors will likely ask to reserve the right to recall certain witnesses in the rebuttal case. Under no circumstance do I think mom and pop should be allowed to sit in on the entire trial. We all know they will, without question, not only watch but record to review over and over the parts they are interested in. By that time they will likely be divorced, imo, not that that will correct their behavior.

A little OT but... I recently re-watched CA's video deposition in the civil case. I don't know how much BC is getting paid but it's not nearly enough. Phew!! I honestly don't know why he's stuck with them all this time.

I absolutely agree suzihawk - now you know why my avatar wears rubber boots - needed them to wade through the c**p of the Anthony's depositions.

slightly OT:
I have a friend whose son was murdered 4 weeks ago. They caught a man and a woman FINALLY (hooray) (they look like scum in their mug shots). Well, I thought I saw that some sort of court thing was coming up on a specific date. I gingerly asked my friend if she would be there (I would be!) --she said the most remarkable thing..she said, Well, no one told me about any court thing, and I'm letting the authorities tell me what I need to do and where I need to be.
WOW. I had to think how un-anthony a response that is....and how wise.

Going OT with you. My heart goes out to your friend. Even in the midst of her shock and grief she is a class act. I lost my child to suicide and can tell you four weeks is nothing ! She probably still forgets to breathes for moments at a time.
The Anthony's have focused on anger and proving the rest of the world wrong.They have yet to. truly grieve ,IMO.
Back on topic, the difference between the Anthony family and Denise Brown is,Denise Brown was not suspected of perjury,cover-up and obstruction in the case.I realize that is not official,but I think it will be. Again,just my opinion.

BC recieved $3000 to broker deal between the A's and the Today show to sell Caylee's photos. I'm quite certain I know why he stays by their side.

BC recieved $3000 to broker deal between the A's and the Today show to sell Caylee's photos. I'm quite certain I know why he stays by their side.

Yep, and according to George's SA depo, Brad is negotiating a book deal, too.

Of course, it took 3 pgs. of hemming and hawing to elicit that info - and took LDB and Frank George BOTH digging their heels in to get to the bottom of it, but they got there eventually.

Secretly, the little evil me on my left shoulder is hoping for the same outburst.
To be able to see the clenching of the jaws, the gritting of the teeth, rolling of the eyes, and the disgusted sideways turns that she gives.

The Anthony's will be a show all of themselves if they are allowed to remain in there during the trial.

ITA. I'm sure the jury will be observing the whole clan. CA will not be able to contain herself and that will not bode very well for her daughter. :dance:
Too bad she won't be able to chew gum. That would complete the whole scene as she chomped away with fury, stopping only to glare at the prosecutors. More importantly, her behavior will remind the jury that at the end of the day, she couldn't give a rat's a$$ about her murdered granddaughter and that will speak loudest of all.

However, I also worry as another poster eloquently stated, that the A's could possibly interfere with witnesses. I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

I'm trying to decide why the state will need Cindy Anthony. They have the 911 call. That's all they need from her.

Wouldn't *that* be a hoot -- 'Mrs. Anthony -- we won't need you to testify.'

That would destroy her. 'You don't need me?? But I'm ever so ready for my closeup! You people are nothing . . . nothing without me!'

I can see her pulling a Norma Desmond. Oh, yeah.

Blaise

I'm trying to decide why the state will need Cindy Anthony. They have the 911 call. That's all they need from her.

Wouldn't *that* be a hoot -- 'Mrs. Anthony -- we won't need you to testify.'

That would destroy her. 'You don't need me?? But I'm ever so ready for my closeup! You people are nothing . . . nothing without me!'

I can see her pulling a Norma Desmond. Oh, yeah.

Blaise

Oh, ITA! Don't bother calling her to the stand. Just play that 911 call where she states that "it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car!" Don't even give her the opportunity to try and change it to a rotten pizza or garbage or potatoes or whatever else she feels like calling it that day. Just play the recordings of the 911 calls and let her sit it out. This case doesn't need any more lying. There's been quite enough already. JMO.

Before my daughter's killer pled Guilty we were going to trial. I was told that witnesses couldn't be in the courtroom until after they had testified. I told the Pros that there was no way that I was going to sit outside in the hall throughout the trial of my daughter's killer. I was going to be inside that courtroom to represent my baby girl. The Pros told me that they could call me first and then I would be allowed to stay or he could talk to the defense and the judge and get permission for me to stay in the courtroom the whole time.

I know that Casey's trial is different because she murdered her child and so George and Cindy are the parents of the killer and grandparents of the victim...different from my situation but I do believe the attorneys...Pros and Defense along with the judge can agree to allow them to stay in the courtroom. I don't think it has anything to do with anyone thinking they/we are special. I know I wanted to represent my daughter and I wanted to hear the whole trial and after my daughter being murdered and the living hell of the killer being on the run for 8 years I felt I deserved to hear every word of the trial. I think most parents feel the same way.

Bobbisangel, I am so terribly sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine what you must have and continue to live through! I will say a prayer for your daughter and family tonite. Thank you for sharing your story with us all here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA