2010.05.14 Some "NEW" Photos on CBS Website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't help but draw comparisons to poor Caylee and the Laci Peterson case. The Rocha family willingly shared pics in hopes that getting her photo out there would assist in finding her. With poor Caylee, pics are being shared but only if there's a monetary gain. How horribly tragic that that is the legacy that's left behind for this beautiful child ... GREED! Sorry - JMHO.
Yeah, but Jackie Peterson and Cindy Anthony are birds of a feather... if she could've sold pictures of Laci, she would've!

article snipped for purpose
WFTV reported that CBS News paid $20,000 for several photos of Casey and Caylee Anthony that were recently posted on the CBS web site. Those photos included one of Casey after giving birth to Caylee. Another showed Casey in her high-school senior portrait.

"CBS News says it got those photos last year," WFTV anchor Bob Opsahl said.

Actually, CBS News last year paid George and Cindy Anthony $20,000 for a trove of material — videos and photos — that the network used on "The Early Show" and "48 Hours Mystery." The parents of Casey Anthony appeared on both those programs as well last fall.

My understanding is that under those deals, such material becomes a network's property in perpetuity. The network can use the photos and video as it sees fit.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-anthony-cbs-photos-20100527,0,7598760.story

At the last Hearing on May 11, 2010, SA Linda Drane Burdick said that the State has about 6,000 photos, and there will need to be a Hearing for the Judge to rule on which photos will be admitted into evidence during the murder trial. (after the Defense and State have tried to come to an agreement between themselves on which photos will be used).

It seems extremely WRONG in my opinion, that CBS (or ABC or any media) is HELPING the Defense, the accused baby murderer, by publishing photos of the VICTIM, which were sold by the VICTIM's family members! CBS and other media are HELPING the accused baby murderer taint a potential jury pool, by publishing photos which try to manipulate the potential jury into having an opinion of the accused baby murderer as a "good mother". This is all done in advance of any rulings by a Judge as to whether the photos will be admitted into evidence at trial.

At the Hearing on May 11, 2010 Lyon stated several times that the accused murderer is portrayed by the public as a promiscuous, bad mother and worse, and there was much discussion of the "blue dress party photos". The SAME DAY photos are published by the media, depicting a happy, smiling, clean Caylee with a smiling mother. OBVIOUS damage control, IMO.

IMO it is disgusting the VICTIM of murder is being SOLD to assist the accused murderer, and also that the media is legally allowed to assist the DEFENSE by publishing photos which portray the accused murderer in the best possible light, while not allowing the State to present their photo evidence to contradict that portrayal.

In the defense motion for a cov, they cited an extremely large amount of media coverage painting KC in a negative light. The defense has tried to do some damage control, but this has not resulted in the effect they desired.

Basically, the media is very, very fickle, and the stories they run are for one purpose and one purpose only, to make money. If and or when a news organization finds a story about KC that they think will sell, they will publish that story whether it paints in her in a good light or a bad light, it doesn’t matter to them as long as it gives them the green (money). The same holds true for photos. As always my entire post is moo

Someone here has that picture as an avatar. I totally totally thoght they photoshopped her in. I have never seen a yearbook picture like that! Graduation pics around here are usually in a black drape or in regular clothes. It looks like she's in vaudeville!:dance:

Yes that's me! lol I love that pic. Cracks me up. Sorry for o/t

I graduated high school in the late 70's and one pose was like that - with a feathered drape in school colors. I didn't think they still did that! LOL!

Noticed that the red jersey was not hanging on the wall in KC's room during Greta's tour on August 5, 2008 but was there during Local 6's tour on November 19, 2008 (after the furniture was rearranged).

8-5-08:
caylee_anthony-1091-OTR080508tour.jpg

11-19-08:
caylee_anthony-0176-Tour111908.jpg

Just an observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors