2010.05.23 ~ Misty Jailhouse videos released: General Discussion

Above BBM
The WHYis in reference as to why LE is allowing Misty to talk directly with Ron(by what we think is 3way calls done by his family)... We've got to remember LE is hearing EVERY SINGLE BREATH THATS EVEN DRAWN ON THESE TAPES(where as we hear the version LE wants us to hear)There has got to be an extremely important reason that they are allowing this to happen(they've had to decided this is some how progressing the case)Because yes, we all know that THEY COULD easily stop this IMMEDIATELY and prevent it from ever occurring again.
This is a reminder to me that LE knows and has so much more info and insight into this case than of course, we are privy to.

I am well aware of what you are stating however last thing Misty Croslin needs to hear is Ronald Cummings telling her he loves her...Also Ronald Cummings his Grandma and his mother are not going to say anything on tape that is going to reveal or discuss what really happened that night and LE knows that...Their intent is to keep Misty hooked on Ron so she won't talk...JMO

I am well aware of what you are stating however last thing Misty Croslin needs to hear is Ronald Cummings telling her he loves her...Also Ronald Cummings his Grandma and his mother are not going to say anything on tape that is going to reveal or discuss what really happened that night and LE knows that...Their intent is to keep Misty hooked on Ron so she won't talk...JMO

I feel a bit cynical today, unfortunately. With that, I can't help but wonder if LE (for whatEVER reason) is trying very hard to not let anything detrimental come out about Ron and, in their endeavor, are hoping to keep Misty under his spell. There are just too many indicators of RC's involvement for LE to ignore; yet it does seem as though all have been and continue to be ignored.

JMO today--hopefully by tomorrow I will be over it.

It must be truly challenging for LE right now, making decisions, weighing the pros and cons. I agree, Emeralgem, it is dangerous for Misty to hear Ron's voice, especially hearing him telling her that he loves her. We can hope that she is getting help and advice from someone who is trained and compassionate. Could she be receiving psychotherapy and maybe, medication, behind bars? Could LE be working with her? With Tommy? Maybe even bringing Hank into the fold?

What I don't understand is WHY any of these are released to the public? Is it just that a law in Florida allows it, so it's done? Obviously, I am interested in the tapes and videos so I am guilty myself. I am very intrigued and also desperate for answers. Yet, it's not about me. It is about Justice for a five year old girl.

Just wondering where we, as a society, will draw the line when it comes to these types of legal issues? Not saying it is right or wrong, it's just an ethical, moral, and legal issue that will have to work itself out, I guess.

Well, I find it odd that Ron was to recieve a letter from his friend (that was sent to him the day of arrest or day after). TN opened the letter, found "cuss" words in it and proceeded to black them out, or so she says. The freind later tells Ron about this letter and Ronald recieve NO letter!
Does anyone know who this female friend is??? I would live to know what she wrote, must have been something TN did not like!

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1002/12/ng.01.html

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: If I write you there, do I have to, like, not cuss?

RONALD CUMMINGS: No, no, no, no. You can write whatever the hell you want to.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Oh, your mom told me I couldn`t cuss in the ones to Flagler, like...

RONALD CUMMINGS: No, you can write whatever the hell you want to write, man.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Are you serious?

RONALD CUMMINGS: Yes, she just -- she was trying to tell me I couldn`t cuss at my damn visit, too, but...

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Oh, because, yes, because she -- I wrote you, like -- it was -- it was, like, really ironic or something, like I`m psychic, because I wrote those three letters. It was, like, two letters, and one full of pictures and stuff. And it arrived, like, the day you got locked up or the day after. And your mom has them, and she said she was going to through them, making out the cuss words so she could send them to you.

RONALD CUMMINGS: Oh, my God!

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I know she said she couldn`t send them to you. I was, like, Well, if you -- if you can`t cuss, then you know, can you -- maybe you can mark them out. And she`s, like, yes, that`s a good idea. So she said she was going to mark them out and send them to you.

RONALD CUMMINGS: Oh, Lord!

(END VIDEO CLIP)

Then, later in a different call:

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

FEMALE FRIEND: Have you been getting any letters from anybody?

RONALD CUMMINGS: I haven`t got anything yet. I got two pieces of mail. One was a letter from some girl in Texas, and it was like four sentences long, said she`s sorry about Haleigh and she`s been following the case. And then I got something from an attorney today, an advertisement that he wanted me to come hire him to go to work for me or whatever.

FEMALE FRIEND: So that`s it.

RONALD CUMMINGS: And that`s all I`ve got since I`ve been here.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

I feel a bit cynical today, unfortunately. With that, I can't help but wonder if LE (for whatEVER reason) is trying very hard to not let anything detrimental come out about Ron and, in their endeavor, are hoping to keep Misty under his spell. There are just too many indicators of RC's involvement for LE to ignore; yet it does seem as though all have been and continue to be ignored.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get over your thoughts on the subject concerning LE and Ronald Cummings for many months now, so If you are able to see things differently tomorrow, I envy you...Something just ain't right with how any of this has been or is being handled...Now we have heard Misty state she has spoken with Ron..... Like Tommy Croslin has said...Thats BS...JMO

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get over your thoughts on the subject concerning LE and Ronald Cummings for many months now, so If you are able to see things differently tomorrow, I envy you...Something just ain't right with how any of this has been or is being handled...JMO

ITA Eme (and krkrjx!) - one of the reasons why I read alot more than I post now. Sorry but I just can't shake it... JMHO ~

Above BBM
The WHYis in reference as to why LE is allowing Misty to talk directly with Ron(by what we think is 3way calls done by his family)... We've got to remember LE is hearing EVERY SINGLE BREATH THATS EVEN DRAWN ON THESE TAPES(where as we hear the version LE wants us to hear)There has got to be an extremely important reason that they are allowing this to happen(they've had to decided this is some how progressing the case)Because yes, we all know that THEY COULD easily stop this IMMEDIATELY and prevent it from ever occurring again.
This is a reminder to me that LE knows and has so much more info and insight into this case than of course, we are privy to.

We have Misty telling her Dad in the tape how Granny would send Haleigh to beg Misty to come back home. We have Misty talking about TN, Granny, Ronald controlling her, manipulating her, to do things including going against her own attorney. But there is no proof of what Misty says.

However, tapes of Misty talking to anyone of them could confirm that what she is saying is true.

IMO, I could even see LE allowing her to talk to Ron because any psychiatrist/psychologist would be able to recognize abusive, controlling behavior and testify as such. But more importantly, once they recognize how she is abused, it is easier to work with her to break the hold and get her to talk.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get over your thoughts on the subject concerning LE and Ronald Cummings for many months now, so If you are able to see things differently tomorrow, I envy you...Something just ain't right with how any of this has been or is being handled...JMO

If I am hearing the tapes correctly, both Tommy and Misty claim that each has tried to tell LE things about Ronald, and LE doesn't want to hear it.

So where is justice for Haleigh? She does not count for much with any of The Players, but does she not count with LE at least? I hate this! Haleigh did not deserve what she got and those in her life who did not love her enough to keep her safe are coddled and protected at all cost, and if I am hearing the tapes correctly, investigators lend a deaf ear to whatever witnesses try to say if it might not be what they want to hear.

I hope you do feel better tomorrow, if not sooner, krkrjx,

I think you are correct, that there is a reason that we are not hearing anything negative regarding Ron. It would defy reason, I think, if LE were not looking, and have not been looking, DIRECTLY at Ronald L. Cummings as the perpetrator of The Crime Against HaLeigh.

As always, just my OPINION.

I've been thinking about why this doesn't really trouble me so much. Of course, maybe I'm just :crazy: But I trust LE has a rhyme and a reason for everything they do with this bunch. After-all, they did figure out how to get this entire crew in the pokey so they could monitor them, didn't they? :behind bar: Wiley, wiley. Wi-LE!

Clearly, LE's investigation is seriously focused. With facts. They know much more than we do. Misty is the key. Misty is the main witness. She might also, quite possibly, be a key on a string. i.e. Someone's puppet. Fortunately, that someone(s) is/are not exactly rocket scientists.

Had I magic LE powers, and my investigative eye on Cummings-related suspects, I might strategically allow monitored conversations between the best witness and those suspects. (I mean, if they are gonna try that hard to talk to each other, that's pretty interesting in & of itself, isn't it?) Even if just to monitor and record Cummings family manipulation of Miss Misty Witness on tape. Who is the puppeteer? What better way to find out than to monitor convos long-term and watch behaviors.

No matter what tale Tommy or Flo has told about Haleigh and Misty and Joe, it bothers GGMS Sykes not one bit. And TN has disappeared into the underbrush. Why?

Misty has been in touch with GGMS and TN in 3-ways or otherwise from the get-go, it seems. "Call GGMS and tell her."
GGMS and Granny Flo are phone buddies. Why?

Yet GGMS "understands" about Joe. She wants Tommy & Misty to know she's not mad. Ron's not disappointed not mad. No matter the story, no matter how many LDT's are flunked, no one from the Cummings family feels Misty is responsible for losing Haleigh. Why?
Those are the questions than have been making threads here go :eek:ther_beatingA_Dead: . Many here consider the possibility of Tommy, Ronald and Misty as perps/accomplices. Gran & TN after-the-fact cover-up. And with this scenario, permitting some monitored three-ways here and there might be wiley enough to catch the wiley ones.

The more they talk, :talker: the more chance they have to be inconsistent with their lies. :liar: The more inconsistencies, the more holes can be poked. Poke enough holes to see the truth. As long as it takes to get the insight required. Maybe for as long as it takes to establish manipulation of the witness.

Oh to be a fly on the wall of all the interparty calls! :sleuth:

Later when LE is certain this communications-monitoring card is well played, or becoming un-productive, or they are ready for another strategy, I have confidence they will cut off communication.

JMHO. I might be overconfident. But seriously, that Sting was brilliantly, elegantly played:bud: ... so I'm not ready to lose faith in this LE team.

If LE is allowing Misty and Ron to communicate, it had better be because Misty is co-operating with LE and trying to get Ron to slip up! Otherwise, they are allowing a breach to occur and that should be a serious offense. Doesn't this compromise the case they have against them for trafficking? How do you think the prosecutor would feel about this? If they had both been able to make bail, one of the stipulations would have been not to have contact with each other, or the bail would be revoked. This just seems so wrong on all levels!

We have Misty telling her Dad in the tape how Granny would send Haleigh to beg Misty to come back home. We have Misty talking about TN, Granny, Ronald controlling her, manipulating her, to do things including going against her own attorney. But there is no proof of what Misty says.
However, tapes of Misty talking to anyone of them could confirm that what she is saying is true.

IMO, I could even see LE allowing her to talk to Ron because any psychiatrist/psychologist would be able to recognize abusive, controlling behavior and testify as such. But more importantly, once they recognize how she is abused, it is easier to work with her to break the hold and get her to talk.

BBM: I think there is one police report involving Croslins & Cummings. We have it here on Websleuths somewhere.
Croslins were responding to Misty needing them, they show up to get her, by the time they are there....Misty changed her mind. I believe this is where she took a restraining order against them.
I think Misty was once again Cummings forced her to stay with Ronald in this police incident.

It is very apparent in these videos that Misty does love her family.

If I am hearing the tapes correctly, both Tommy and Misty claim that each has tried to tell LE things about Ronald, and LE doesn't want to hear it.

So where is justice for Haleigh? She does not count for much with any of The Players, but does she not count with LE at least? I hate this! Haleigh did not deserve what she got and those in her life who did not love her enough to keep her safe are coddled and protected at all cost, and if I am hearing the tapes correctly, investigators lend a deaf ear to whatever witnesses try to say if it might not be what they want to hear.

That's what I hear too. If it doesn't include Joe, they won't listen! Why do they blow them both off when it concerns Ron?

Emma, I agree Misty is the key, but if they won't listen to the key when she finally gets off the "Joe done it" kick, what good are they accomplishing? I get the impression that they are shutting her down when she brings up Ronald. Maybe, if they acted like they were interested in hearing more, we'd know the truth by now. Same thing with Tommy. They seem to shut him down too!

Guys for anyone who couldn't listen or open the Misty tapes with her dad...here is part 3 ....not much of a listen. JMO

Misty and Hank SR part 3

Misty: the attorney that I have in PC she is over here too.
Hank: Huh
Misty: Yeah, I don’t know what that means. Donna went earlier today, she didn’t get to see the judge.
Hank SR: what did she get?
Misty: she got uh, continued I guess, she came back talking all kinds of sh-t through the door, Oh, yeah they are not giving us any kind of a deal, and I am like not even talking to her cuz she was like, we are going to trial….I was like whatever man, she was trying to start stuff. I thought you were coming at 6 tonight?
HankSR; we got lucky and got gas money.
Misty: I got court in June 8, another pretrial I don’t know what’s going to happen though.
Hank: your lawyer ain’t telling you nothing.
Misty: umm…he is talking to me, but I don’t know what’s going to happen he wants to talk to ya’ll. He wants to talk about that thing in April that would be perfect, I want that.
Hank: sit up
Misty: let me get a book
HankSR: Peggy cone came to see us the other day, Misty: yes what did she want?
Hank: something about WBG, Misty: oh. What did they say?
HankSR: somebody supposedly going around saying that that stuff that was supposed to happened at a party and that they know it’s true, they put her body in the pond, I don’t know how true it is
Misty: they are retarded Dad, if it was WB then they need to figure out, because I have no idea but that is an f’in lie I don’t give a F…there was no party, I didn’t go to no f’in party.
Hnk SR: I don’t know Misty. Things are going to get more tougher than this Misty,…..Moms going to jail for 90 days.
Misty” Tommy’s money is in th account.
HankSR: (?) said she didn’t mean to hang up on you, she lost her signal. Misty asks about who she see’s behind Hank, then reminds dad about Tommy money in the account. She talked a juvenile and he is going to tell Tommy.
Misty: I am gonna call Timmy tonight so I can talk to ya’ll, Hank sr: does he have anymore minutes? Misty: yeah, I have two more phone calls but I need you to tell him to make sure his battery is charged.
Hanksr: Chel told me to tell you that uh, that don’t call till later cuz Timmy is at work and she has the phone.
Misty: yeah I’m gonna call after 6. Hank: ok. Its tough for us out there, money for phone….gas money…..then I am broke. Don’t get upset Misty, your going to have to learn to deal with it, I want to come see you,,,,
Misty: I know, Hank: if you know something to help yourself you need to tell, I mean someone knows something, Misty: I know but it’s not me. You think I knew I would be sitting here in this place? Hank: I know I just want you to do something for yourself, Misty: I don’t though, Hank: somebody knows Misty: but it’s not me.
More talk about Misty’s court date
Talk about the boy Misty met while riding to court. A snitch.
Hank got 10 dollars, hope he has enough gas to get hme. Talk about getting his check and paying for probation…Talk about Lisa’s crimes…..Lisa needs to straighten her life up, Hank doesn’t want her to go to jail but it might help her. She needs to wake up and smell the coffee, she is getting on my nerves. All this is getting on my nerves. Lisa can’t leave the county. ….more talk about court dates, Hank says the guy that run him over doesn’t have any money. Guy is on probation, and Hank might get something from him per month. The guy made him lose his job cause he got crashed into.
Misty: I was nervous today and shaking….they said the judge was mean.
Hank: they aren’t mean they have to do what the law requires. But if it wasn’t for the Haleigh case, they wouldn’t be so hard on you. Haleigh needs to come home. I mean it’s been too long, that little girl needs to come home, her family need closure. Misty changes the subject when her dad starts talking about Haleigh GRRR
Misty: did mom get her letter? Hank: no not today. Misty: I didn’t get my card either.
Hank: you need to watch what you say to Nanny, she is talking to Art harris and nobody needs to be talking ton that SMB Misty: I don’t tell nanny nothing though. Hank: well… he is trying to befriend her and try and get what he can, he already got some bullsh-t out there on ya, something about you and Donna and some other girls be doing some stupid sh-t, spo’s to be some lesbian stuff or some shi-t…Misty: oh okay…lol. Hank: I swear someone called and told me that. That Debbie lady on the internet, and AH he lies and says stuff Misty: right and it’s all true remember? Hank: saying he has exclusive interviews…..he just wants to get on NG or something. So tell nanny not to talk to him. Hank: that Peggy Cone is investigating. Misty: good let her investigate, I didn’t do nothing and if I knew I would have told them a long time ago. They can leave me alone…
Hank: you should have said that in the beginning now they don’t believe what you say.
Misty: I did dad, I told them in the beginning, I don’t know Dad. I am going crazy in this place Hank: I know…….Misty talking about being in lockdown…..she doesn’t want to be locked down. Hank said people will try to fight her if she’s in pop. Misty wants to work, she can’t wait till this is over, she doesn’t want to be in jail anymore. She’s having dreams about Ronald and going to prison, she woke up and she was so upset, she was having dreams of him, they took her off her meds, she has a rash…no one knows how she feels. She doesn’t want to be lockdown, Hank: well they are trying to punish you!
Misty: well I am no different than everyone else in here, Donna isn’t in protective custody…Hank: that’s cause they don’t think she’s involved. You know why you are in protective custody and it ain’t gonna change. Misty: I know not till I leave this place.

I am downloading tape 4 and will post after I listen. Which tape did Misty talk about GGS in? TIA I wanted to try and transcribe only the points that were pertinent to Haleigh's case and the drug charges..much of this seems to be Misty's complaining endless chatter. JMO....lol

IMHO none of these tapes are important to the HaLeigh investigation the LE are working on. There has been no arrest and if the LE felt they were important enough to make an arrest, they would be hold them back as evidence not broadcast them to the world.
i.e. IF the LE thought Joe was the main player, they would not release any video of the other players naming him. They would never let that leak into the public as Joe has not been arrested yet. Releasing the video, could cause him to run...out of country.

Emma, I agree Misty is the key, but if they won't listen to the key when she finally gets off the "Joe done it" kick, what good are they accomplishing? I get the impression that they are shutting her down when she brings up Ronald. Maybe, if they acted like they were interested in hearing more, we'd know the truth by now. Same thing with Tommy. They seem to shut him down too!

I did see both of those comments in Misty & Tommy calls. I'm still thinking on it. My first thought they were trying to place Ronald somewhere at a time that LE feels Ronald was alibi-ed for. Second thought was they already have Ronald's story (he talked, for a possible deal, LE believes the story, it matches evidence...) and they simply need Misty/Tommy to own up to their own parts in that story.

IMHO none of these tapes are important to the HaLeigh investigation the LE are working on. There has been no arrest and if the LE felt they were important enough to make an arrest, they would be hold them back as evidence not broadcast them to the world.
i.e. IF the LE thought Joe was the main player, they would not release any video of the other players naming him. They would never let that leak into the public as Joe has not been arrested yet. Releasing the video, could cause him to run...out of country.

BBM
Or cause him to commit suicide, or push someone that believes this crap into killing him. It just seems so cruel to allow this info to surface, if there isn't a shred of evidence to support it. I find this to be unethical, and I'm appalled!

I did see both of those comments in Misty & Tommy calls. I'm still thinking on it. My first thought they were trying to place Ronald somewhere at a time that LE feels Ronald was alibi-ed for. Second thought was they already have Ronald's story (he talked, for a possible deal, LE believes the story, it matches evidence...) and they simply need Misty/Tommy to own up to their own parts in that story.

I'm not placing all the blame on LE's shoulders. What Misty should do is go to her attorney, and confess to all that she knows about Ronald, and let him present it to LE. They have to listen to him. I'm just not certain Misty is smart enough to know this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back