2010.05.23 ~ Misty Jailhouse videos released: General Discussion

"Snip" There will be a steady stream of tapes appearing today, so make sure to keep checking back at Simon's link: http://www..net/124599
Misty & Hank Sr. Part 1 - Part 4 is up now.

i DO AGREE WITH so many of you the fact that it is "odd"(to say the least)that they do not release ANY,NONE WHATSOEVER of Ron's communications or visits. It does seem as tho the police do not want to hear Tommy or Misty's stories of Ron's involvement with BIG dealers that caused Haleighs disappearance(and that is the story that both have spoken of that involved Ron and both had told it to LE)To my knowledge that is the only implication by either that involves Ron. And with the evidence that has been released and confirmed it does not point to Ron(IMO). LE HAS TO HAVE A REASON for disregarding such a theory as the one they have both shared with LE involving Ron. It has to be that LE has some sort of firm evidence that clearly indicates who the perpetrator is. Therefore LE KNOWS the truth and doesn't want any nonsense of any other story other than the story that corroborates the evidence that they have. I mean its not as if he's the son or even relative of one of the investigators. There is no reason for any type of unfair bias of him from LE. Hardy seems very "real" to me. Those tears in his eyes tell me his "in it" for the same reasons WE ARE... JUSTICE FOR OUR PRECIOUS HALEIGH. So, unless this is some type of twisted come true to life movie plot, then LE has very good reason for EVERY SINGLE move, question, action allowed(or not allowed), every single "redacted" convo they release and MORE IMPORTANTLY the ones they DO NOT release. I am going to trust that they are ONLY concerned in finding the COMPLETE TRUTH which will lead to justice for Haleigh...

ETA: And just as we heard Tommy say in the 1st audio from yesterday the FBI was there as recently as that day before the search of Shell Harbor began and were coming back again at 5pm that day. The FBI is not gonna stand for any shananigans or any unfair bias toward a suspect for any reason.Hearing this gave me a reassurance in knowing they were somewhat involved.

Misty is saying the headlines in the newspaper says "Cousin will testify, in Misty and Ronald's case?" Does that mean Tommy or Joe? Tape #4 about the 12:55 mark

Huh? Tommy isn't a cousin of Misty's or Ron's, he's her brother. Could they be referring to Ron's cousin Hope? She was involved in the drug bust too. jmo

The following is respectfully snipped for space...krkrjx post~
PCSO says his conversations are recorded but they are too busy to go through them and listen so they have not been released~end snip
If this really is true then that would suggest that not only is Ron NOT a POI, it would indicate they are treating him as if he is a COMPLETED CLEARED person all together. I REALLY REALLY am confused!(And I'm one that believes he WASN'T involved in Haleigh's murder) And still this is baffling to me. LE HAS GOT TO HAVE CONCRETE EVIDENCE THAT WE HAVE NO CLUE OF. Otherwise I'd see them pulling and combing thru EVERY SINGLE ONE of the NINKAPOOPS tapes, visits, and convos!!:waitasec::waitasec::banghead:

PCSO says his conversations are recorded but they are too busy to go through them and listen so they have not been released~end snip
If this really is true then that would suggest that not only is Ron NOT a POI, it would indicate they are treating him as if he is a COMPLETED CLEARED person all together. I REALLY REALLY am confused!(And I'm one that believes he WASN'T involved in Haleigh's murder) And still this is baffling to me. LE HAS GOT TO HAVE CONCRETE EVIDENCE THAT WE HAVE NO CLUE OF. Otherwise I'd see them pulling and combing thru EVERY SINGLE ONE of the NINKAPOOPS tapes, visits, and convos!!:waitasec::waitasec::banghead:

A long, long time ago, LE said the only tapes they would release would be the ones that were not related to the Haleigh Cummings case. Did I dream this, or did they say it? Then, all these tapes came out, and I was so confused, because it seemed they were related to the case. I don't get it!

It's not true.
More likely, the opposite is true.
JMHO

If you remember when RC was first arrested he had a phone call with his new girlfriend he clearly states that Putnam County has already promised to NOT release his stuff. He says this to his girlfriend when she expresses concern about being on tv. Ron's jailhouse tape part a if my memory serves me.

A long, long time ago, LE said the only tapes they would release would be the ones that were not related to the Haleigh Cummings case. Did I dream this, or did they say it? Then, all these tapes came out, and I was so confused, because it seemed they were related to the case. I don't get it!

A. This is how why some of us think they are leaking these tapes on purpose. We just have to figure out why. They want someone to be aware of things that are on these tapes. And that someone could be the press, the public, other players, who knows! Leaks are done outside of official LE statements. Leaks are funny things indeed, but on our forums, we gotta love 'em.

B. Alternatively, if Tommy "talked" to cut a deal with LE on the drug charges, (such deal may have succeeded or failed), then these tapes might also be part of the drug charge proceedings.

Well, here's our answer! The difference between St John's and Putnam county jail's release of inmate phone calls and visits. This article has been significantly snipped by me, but it's very interesting if you have the time to read it all.

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-05-09/jailhouse-visit-increasingly-used-court-cases

Had it not been for HaLeigh's disappearance, "few people had interest in another drug-trafficking case in rural Florida," he said.

"There are some real dangers of injustice if we do not get a handle on this," he said.

Some, including St. Johns County Sheriff David Shoar, argue that phone calls and visits between inmates and family members are private even though inmates know their calls are recorded.

He noted that many people held in county jails have been accused of a crime but not been found guilty.

"It's kind of a fine line between privacy and the public's right to know," he said.

Corrections officers should sift calls for evidence or to prevent crimes, but Shoar said public access to those calls steps over the line.

He said it is not an all-or-none question.

"Right now there is probably not a solution," he said.

Hank Croslin Sr., father of Misty and Tommy, said people frequently recognize him and his wife on the street. Both are shown in jail visitation recordings talking with their children.

"I don't see how they can get a fair trial here," he said. "If they had a jury trial, I know she wouldn't get a fair trial."

Judgment call

Under Florida public records law, information gathered by police is broadly available if the agency or prosecutors do not believe it is pertinent to an investigation, which is redacted by the agency.

Bookhammer, the public defender, said inmates do not have an expectation of privacy in phone calls and visits.

Croslin Sr. said his son will no longer discuss his case in calls home and his daughter also says less.

Maj. Gary Bowling of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, which is investigating the HaLeigh case and also made the trafficking arrests, said the agency is releasing information only under public information requests.

He said the impact on the public is not something that is considered and "I think it's difficult to quantify."

Former Florida Bar president Hank Coxe of Jacksonville said he sees the higher interest in cases but that does not change the broader picture.

Judges still have the ability to protect information, he said.

Prosecutors are still not permitted to release information that would be prejudicial in a case, he said, adding that even non-pertinent information will find an audience

After seeing what was said in these tapes along with tommy's, I now believe that Misty and her entire family that were involved with Haleigh are pure evil. They've all seemed to put all these scenarios out to her and every one of them is manipulative and leeching off inlaws. Disgusting.

This may have already been discussed, but one of the things that treally bugged me, was when Misty was talking about Teresa? wanting her out of their lives. She accused her of bringing drama into their lives. o.k...that really bugs me. Your child or grandchild missing, is NOT drama. It's horrible, heartbreaking, & a lot of other things, but drama? I don't think so. That choice of words really makes me question Teresa's motivation. Drama is a squabble between 2 teen girls over a boy. It's NOT a missing or dead grandchild.

What I found of interest in these tapes was when Hank Sr told Misty about a visit he had from Peggy Cone, she was questioning him about WBG. (and as most of us know, he is in P.C. jail since 14 May, with $3508 bond)

What I found of interest in these tapes was when Hank Sr told Misty about a visit he had from Peggy Cone, she was questioning him about WBG. (and as most of us know, he is in P.C. jail since 14 May, with $3508 bond)

IIRC....Thanks for the information. I haven't listened to many of the tapes released today... And that is interesting...According to Cobra, Peggy Cone and KP wanted to implicate WBG way back last summer...Seems to me LE and TN have something in common they don't care who is hauled in for questioning or who is implicated in this case just as long as it isn't Ronald Cummings or anyone in his family...:furious:JMO

I found that interesting too, but I'm not sure what role all the WBG stories play in all of this yet ...... IMO the truth lies much closer to home.

I wanna know what happened to the letter Tommy wrote to his unnamed cousin, the letter Nanny Hollars was supposed to deliver. Did the cousin ever receive it? And did Nanny happen to take a peek at it first?

A. This is how why some of us think they are leaking these tapes on purpose. We just have to figure out why. They want someone to be aware of things that are on these tapes. And that someone could be the press, the public, other players, who knows! Leaks are done outside of official LE statements. Leaks are funny things indeed, but on our forums, we gotta love 'em.

B. Alternatively, if Tommy "talked" to cut a deal with LE on the drug charges, (such deal may have succeeded or failed), then these tapes might also be part of the drug charge proceedings.
That's a good point, Emma. The most recent of the conversations were the last ones in the Tommy series released on Friday. At the time, Tommy seemed pretty grim about the way things were working out. But we don't know the outcome. And he did seem pretty chipper in court the week before last.

I don't know how long I can listen to "I SEEN it", "It's what I SEEN", "I SEEN them".... OMG. Have these people never heard the word SAW? I'm sure I learned the past tense of SEE before sixth grade: See, Saw, HAVE/HAD Seen. :banghead: Maybe my nerves are shot listening to these whiny, entitlement-minded people. LE must be a unique breed putting up with this type of thing day in and day out.

One thing I didn't know about was Lindsy refusing Misty's calls. :waitasec:

Hank was the one who began talking about Haleigh, that Ron shouldn't have had the kids in the first place, and Haleigh needs a decent burial or if alive, needs to come home to her mamma. Hank doesn't know if it could have been Joe and MISTY doesn't either. She "SEEN it in a dream" after she got to jail? Is that what she said?

I just can't take these stuff all at one time without blowing a gasket. :banghead:

ETA: I noticed so says "probably" correctly, a word many people err on. Also noticed she reads rather well, considering. (Referencing when she read the newspaper to her dad.) This girl is a puzzle. :crazy: My head hurts.

I don't know how long I can listen to "I SEEN it", "It's what I SEEN", "I SEEN them".... OMG. Have these people never heard the word SAW? I'm sure I learned the past tense of SEE before sixth grade: See, Saw, HAVE/HAD Seen. :banghead: Maybe my nerves are shot listening to these whiny, entitlement-minded people. LE must be a unique breed putting up with this type of thing day in and day out.

One thing I didn't know about was Lindsy refusing Misty's calls. :waitasec:

Hank was the one who began talking about Haleigh, that Ron shouldn't have had the kids in the first place, and Haleigh needs a decent burial or if alive, needs to come home to her mamma. Hank doesn't know if it could have been Joe and MISTY doesn't either. She "SEEN it in a dream" after she got to jail? Is that what she said?

I just can't take these stuff all at one time without blowing a gasket. :banghead:

IA with the above ....... and TY!!!!!!! I thought I was the only one going crazy over "I seen it"!!! :crazy:

Don't get me wrong, I am from the south and have heard much worse, I am not sure why it bothers me so much.... but it does!!!

I think it's because, after hearing it repeated constantly on these tapes, it begins to wear on the nerves. Misty says it in one sentence after another, over and over. I think that's why I had to say something. I'm seriously thinking of sending the St. John's Jailhouse an English grammar book, asking them to please let Misty use it since she has all that time on her hands. I'm afraid though, she may not be able to grasp the depth of it without a tutor.

Just can't understand how any parent would allow their children to remain uneducated knowing eventually these kids will be responsible for themselves and will need to have a job. I wasn't raised with a "welfare mentality" so I guess this is why I get so frustrated when teenagers are allowed to waste their education and their lives. Misty is prime example. What did her parents think was going to happen to her when she became an adult? This must be why they thought it a good idea for her to marry Ronald, even though they didn't like him! What these parents have done is beyond me! :banghead: Of course, we do hear about Hank's sorry situation repeatedly, so that explains a lot. "Woe is me." :eek:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back