2010.06.07 SM Claims inaccuracies in media reports

If Terri Horman turns out to be the guilty party then she deserves all the media scrutiny but if she is innoncent she has the right to file one of the biggest lawsuits ever.

Either she is the one or she is being Richard Jewel-ed big time!

IMO

If Terri Horman turns out to be the guilty party then she deserves all the media scrutiny but if she is innoncent she has the right to file one of the biggest lawsuits ever.

IMO

Except the Richard Jewel stuff had a basis in LE actions/statements. LE has done nothing of the sort in this case. They have said all along that the family is being absolutely and completely cooperative, and they have given no indication whatever of wrongdoing on the part of any family member.

If Terri is innocent, there is no amount of money from a lawsuit will make this up to her. And sadly, most people who are defiling her now will not so much as apologize.

If Terri is innocent, there is no amount of money from a lawsuit will make this up to her. And sadly, most people who are defiling her now will not so much as apologize.

That's not fair. I would apologize. I would take my crow pie and sit in the corner and eat it.

But I would also be very upset with LE. If she has been off their radar all of this time, it would have been a very kind gesture for them to publicly acknowledge that fact instead of having her deal with fingerpointing on top of having a missing child.

Saying someone is "cooperating" is not enough. LE has been known to come right out and say So-and-so "is not a suspect".

That's not fair. I would apologize. I would take my crow pie and sit in the corner and eat it.

But I would also be very upset with LE. If she has been off their radar all of this time, it would have been a very kind gesture for them to publicly acknowledge that fact instead of having her deal with fingerpointing on top of having a missing child.

Saying someone is "cooperating" is not enough. LE has been known to come right out and say So-and-so "is not a suspect".

IMO - this is why the investigation was so hush, hush....

I still believe the LE were and still are operating at their finest...

IMO
Although Richard Jewell lived 88 days in fear of being prosecuted for a crime he did not commit, IMO, he recovered quickly and actually may have emotionally and/or financially benefited from the terrible false accusations.

Mr. Jewel’s image was later transformed into “Olympic hero” (which he was for moving people away from the area of the bomb). He was given acting opportunities and performed in two movies. He also was asked to appear on Saturday Night Live where he stated he had a very enjoyable week. The amount Mr. Jewel recovered from libel lawsuits against the media was never published. He sued one news outlet, The New York Times, for $15 million
and the NY Times settled with him out-of-court. NBC also settled out-of-court for undisclosed millions. The state Legislature issued a proclamation honoring Jewell in 1998 and Gov. Sonny Perdue invited Jewell to receive another award from the governor himself.

Yes, Richard Jewel had an incredibly awful 88 days, but he appeared to recover from the accusations. IMO, if SM has been falsely accused, she will sue everyone, write a book, and eventually recover. Sadly, the family and friends of Kyron will always miss him.

What if the absolute truth is that she has not been cleared at this point in time but is definitely cleared at a later date? LE isn't any more prescient than the rest of humanity!

Sometimes clearing a certain person doesn't happen for years, as in the case of Jaycee Dugard.

Your Attention Please

Check these two threads for status on whether or not the Willamette Week article can be posted or discussed:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107015"]Rumors - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107065"]SM Focus of Investigation - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Unless/until it is approved, please do not post or discuss the content.

Thank you for your cooperation!
BeanE
Mod

is AOL considered MSM?

AOL was quoting the article BeanE is talking about, and even though it is a national news source, THEIR source is the article which is not allowed.

Although Richard Jewell lived 88 days in fear of being prosecuted for a crime he did not commit, IMO, he recovered quickly and actually may have emotionally and/or financially benefited from the terrible false accusations.

Mr. Jewel’s image was later transformed into “Olympic hero” (which he was for moving people away from the area of the bomb). He was given acting opportunities and performed in two movies. He also was asked to appear on Saturday Night Live where he stated he had a very enjoyable week. The amount Mr. Jewel recovered from libel lawsuits against the media was never published. He sued one news outlet, The New York Times, for $15 million
and the NY Times settled with him out-of-court. NBC also settled out-of-court for undisclosed millions. The state Legislature issued a proclamation honoring Jewell in 1998 and Gov. Sonny Perdue invited Jewell to receive another award from the governor himself.

Yes, Richard Jewel had an incredibly awful 88 days, but he appeared to recover from the accusations. IMO, if SM has been falsely accused, she will sue everyone, write a book, and eventually recover. Sadly, the family and friends of Kyron will always miss him.

Reminds me of Richard Ricci in the Elizabeth Smart case... and even Ed Smart who people accused of sending her secretly into a polygamist marriage or being a child molester.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back